• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Tony

The Vault Dweller's Beginning [maa146]

That's the way, man. Sometimes we need that rest in order to come out stronger. Sounds like it worked!

I´m so envious of the people that want to increase mass! Congrats on the gains!

Thanks Zuel. But, you know the grass is always green on the other side.

It's been a weird week, I feel like I'm sprinting as fast as I can and still falling behind. Hopefully I can snap out of it soon.

Pip-boy:

I've been keeping the log up to date (8-20: ~2400, 8-21: ~2300). I have noticed I'm getting better at judging calorie intake, my daily count is levelling out.

Benchmark:

I live in a college town and workout at the school's gym; so, with all the students coming back, getting a lane in the pool is turning out to be trickier than I thought. I'm going to keep at it and maybe I'll luck out one of these days.

Strength:

I did my routine yesterday, but I'm getting really bored with it.

Mindful Living:

I've been playing guitar regularly everyday, something I haven't done in about a year, and it fells wonderful. However, I haven't studied Japanese in a while and have no excuse other than too much tv.

Side Quest:

I haven't been paying as much attention to the handstand as I would like. Yesterday was the first day I practised in what feels like weeks.

Clearly, you need to watch more anime. Watching TV and learning Japanese at the same time! Except for the weird Anglo-Saxon words that show up every now and again...

Clearly, you need to watch more anime. Watching TV and learning Japanese at the same time! Except for the weird Anglo-Saxon words that show up every now and again...

Why Kishi, why must you tempt me? The goal is to watch less tv.

Pip-boy:

~2600 calories today

Strength:

I did my routine today before aiki. On a strength building note, I may have been seduced by the siren song of stronglifts.

Mindful Living:

I studied Japanese and played the guitar for a least 20 min each.

I have been placed as a test to the faithful. Dare you to question? :D (Dune reference for the win!)

Man, I'm really falling behind on this challenge.

Pip-boy:

Saturday: ~2800 calories

Sunday: My wife and I went on a date (because we couldn't remember the last time we did) and I have no clue how much I ate. So, calorie count fail.

Monday: ~2400 calories

I gained about half a pound last week, but the only change I saw was a half an inch lost around my stomach. The weird thing is I was less hydrated when I weight myself this week. So, maybe I've gotten denser.

Strength:

I took a hard fall in aiki Friday and my back, while getting better, is still a little out of whack. So, I replaced my workout Monday with a little cardio.

Mindful Living:

I've haven't neglected my studies and have meet the goal most days; however, I still feel like I'm watching too much tv, which was the purpose of this goal.

Side Quest:

I practiced Monday and got really close to getting a controlled unassisted handstand. I can correct for one direction, just not the other. So, if I can ever figure out how to shift my weight when I fall away from my fingers, I'll be golden.

Oh man! Hopefully your back will feel much better soon.

Not that I´m an expert but there is a lot of merit into giving proper attention and maintenance to our significant other. We should never take for granted that special person =D

What do you watch in the TV? I think there is merit in watching shows we really enjoy and have fun with. It becomes a problem when we passively watch TV only for the sake of watching something: it´s almost like eating just out of impulse when not even hungry. If you have shows you really like, go right ahead!

Mmm, seems like you are gaining the healthy mass you are looking for. The inch lost around the waist is very good news. Congrats!

Sorry I haven't posted anything in a week. I came down with a hell of a sinus infection last Tuesday, drainage, fever, the works; so all I did that week was work and sleep. On the up side, I did start feeling well enough to take a trip down to my uncle's farm for labor day. I did some farm work to beat the sinus infection out of me, and my daughter got to play with all the farm animals. This week will be better.

You are so close, bro! Keep it up, you're almost there. You'll get it.

Kishi, I haven't given up.

Oh man! Hopefully your back will feel much better soon.

Not that I´m an expert but there is a lot of merit into giving proper attention and maintenance to our significant other. We should never take for granted that special person =D

What do you watch in the TV? I think there is merit in watching shows we really enjoy and have fun with. It becomes a problem when we passively watch TV only for the sake of watching something: it´s almost like eating just out of impulse when not even hungry. If you have shows you really like, go right ahead!

Mmm, seems like you are gaining the healthy mass you are looking for. The inch lost around the waist is very good news. Congrats!

Thanks Zuel.

I agree not all tv is bad; I like what I watch and it makes me happy. However, there are other things that are more productive and make me happier, they're just harder to start than turning on the tv.

Nah, don´t worry man. You had a duty to get better first. How is the infection going?

Sorry I haven't posted anything in a week. I came down with a hell of a sinus infection last Tuesday, drainage, fever, the works; so all I did that week was work and sleep. On the up side, I did start feeling well enough to take a trip down to my uncle's farm for labor day. I did some farm work to beat the sinus infection out of me, and my daughter got to play with all the farm animals. This week will be better.

I agree not all tv is bad; I like what I watch and it makes me happy. However, there are other things that are more productive and make me happier, they're just harder to start than turning on the tv.

Very nice: farm work is where many antique monk routines started! Am I right? You can bet it will be a better week from now on. We are almost done!

Well then, I know TV is hard to resist but give your best! =D

Unfortunately, I pushed too hard and relapsed. Going to the doctor tomorrow so I'll be well enough to go to the aiki gathering this weekend. So, the strength, benchmark, and side quest goals have to be put on hold until I'm well.

Pip-boy:

Tuesday: ~2700 Cal

Wednesday: ~2600 Cal

Mindful Living:

I've continued to play the guitar regularly; however, I can't seem to bring myself to study while sick.

Uf. One of the downfalls of the martial mindset. Sometimes we end up just pushing too damn hard anyway, Sorry to hear. Get better!

Uf. One of the downfalls of the martial mindset. Sometimes we end up just pushing too damn hard anyway, Sorry to hear. Get better!

It's something I do more often than I want to admit. If I'm cooped up in the house for longer than a day, I go stir crazy.

Pip-boy:

Thursday: ~2600 Cal

Took measurement for the first time in 2 weeks and I was pleasantly surprised. Gained 2 pounds and a half inch everywhere but my chest. I figured it was all going to fat since I haven't worked out; but, I guess not.

Mindful Living:

Didn't do anything productive Thursday and have no excuse other than laziness.

Took measurement for the first time in 2 weeks and I was pleasantly surprised. Gained 2 pounds and a half inch everywhere but my chest. I figured it was all going to fat since I haven't worked out; but, I guess not.

Well, you have been doing lots of exercise for several weeks before. Maybe your body is using the rest time to catch up. Anyway: congrats man, you can easily go back on track without regrets =).

Hear you on that. I'm going to be spending the next week doing lots of restorative, yoga-type work. It's going to drive me nuts. But rest is part of the game just like training. I guess if your body's been needing it, it's gonna take it anyway.

I've been dreading this post. I failed, failed hard, crashed and burned. I got sick in the 5th week of the challenge and had to stop progress on three of my goals.

Pip-boy:

Calorie Counting: 24/35 (69% D)

Measurements: 4/5 (80% B )

Benchmark:

I procrastinated and didn't make time.

Failed (F)

Strength:

On paper this looks like I've failed, and I'm going to count it as a failure; however, I have found a time that is easy for me to workout. So, not all bad.

7/15 (47% F)

Mindful Living:

I did quite well with this goal. I'm playing guitar regularly again and my daughter loves to dance and sing while I play. So much cuteness.
32/35 (91% A)

Side Quest:

I was so close to getting this before I got sick. However, the challenge ending and I don't feel like I did a controlled, unassisted handstand.

Failed

Yargh. That's not good.

But you didn't stop because you wanted to. You stopped because you couldn't go on, and that's a very different animal. If ever there's a good reason to stop, that would be it. It still sucks, to be sure. But it's the closest we'd ever get to the right reason.

The pain of this loss is good, if it motivates you to come back and try again.

And hey, you're playing the guitar! That's not something I could do (yet). Mindful living isn't a bad thing to gain out of six weeks of building habits.