DeathOrGlory - HTFU time..

So I'm squeaking in under the bar for the start of this this week. I wasn't going to participate as I was unprepared with all these things changing around here with goals and such like.

MAIN MISSION: drop 10% body fat

This will be ongoing, I expect it to take a few months obviously. I'm starting at basically 31% body fat, which is better than this time last year. I want to be strong and made of muscle and not just jiggly fat. I can see some definition starting in my legs and arms and I want more please, kthxbai.

BUT WHY?!

I went to roller derby practice today, and got to scrim (play against other girls) and have come out battered and bruised having been hit, fallen, and hit and skated my legs off. I am a newbie and I played against the big girls. And I am STILL on an endorphin high.

Then I got a text from my coach asking if I was prepared to knuckle down and get through my minimum skills tests IN THREE WEEKS. I said yes. And here I am.

So I want my body to perform better, as good as it can be. And hefting less of me around will aid that exponentially.

To do this I will be doing derby/fitness related/diet stuff to LEVEL UP MY LIFE. HELL YES!

HOW?!

1. Get up at 7am on weekdays and DO something productive before work: workout/walk the dog/prep lunch. 

I'm finding it hard to get my ass outta bed, and I'm wasting a good portion of my day because of it!

+2 CHA +2 CON

Each day I will record my get up time at home and allocate point accordingly based on percentages, rounded down to the nearest 0.5pt

2. Stop snacking on crap! Allow myself one item of "junk" per day - this includes servings of carbs.

+2 CON

Record my food in myfitnesspal, so I can be accountable for the stuff I put in my facehole.

3. Workout 5 days a week, either a run, or a strength workout (I have a PT workout, but I'm a bit bored by it, so I'm mixing it up with some of the off-skates circuits we do, and mixing lower/upper body and core, so I'm getting a full body workout) This is on top of my two days skating a week. Workouts can be short or long, just DOING IT is the key

+3 STR +2 STA + 2 DEX

Again, I will record this on my getup sheet (I'll make a little poster and stick it on the bathroom cabinet with a pencil by it!) and allocate point as percentage complete

LIFE QUEST

Read more! Try to fit in 30mins of reading for pleasure per day to help switch off my mind

+2 WIS

If I haven't finished Game of Thrones by the time this challenge is done I get ZERO. Simple.

Also, I lost my way a bit last challenge, so I'm going to steal some tips from mrrrichpearson and put my goals as my lockscreen on my phone, and up around the house in places (along with: DERBY STANCE!!) so I cannot put it in a box on a shelf in my mind. OH YES GOALS YOU WILL BE OWNED THIS TIME.

Yeah, so um. I think this might be my last adventurer challenge, as I guess I'm turning into more of a ranger as my goals and fitness progresses!

Level 3 UK-based Siren Adventurer

STR- 5 | DEX-5 | STA-3.5 | CON-5 | WIS-7 | CHA-5.5

"what's done cannot be undone"

-----

#1 challenge "Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."                                         

#2 challenge "though she be but little, she is fierce"

Another Adventurer reading through Game of Thrones? Awesome!  (Last 6 week challenge I read through Game of Thrones, this one I'm reading through Clash of Kings).

Great list of attainable goals, very easy to track as well. Best of luck this challenge, and enjoy Game of Thrones (I know I did!).

Level 9 Aasimar Ranger

STR: 15 | DEX: 12.25 | STA: 10.5 | CON: 13.25 | WIS: 22 | CHA: 14.25

Challenges: 123, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, Current

Accountibilibuddies: Rogue Squadron

Current Body Fat %: 22.13

Goal 13% from 27.01%

34.8%
34.8%

Another Adventurer reading through Game of Thrones? Awesome!  (Last 6 week challenge I read through Game of Thrones, this one I'm reading through Clash of Kings).

Great list of attainable goals, very easy to track as well. Best of luck this challenge, and enjoy Game of Thrones (I know I did!).

Thanks! I'm onto book 5 of the series now. It's turned into a slog a little bit now :(

-----

#1 challenge "Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."                                         

Hi!  I'm going to follow your challenge - I'm also hoping to improve in roller derby, and although it's not a specific goal for this challenge, I'm really looking forward to more for-fun reading over the summer!  And I should wake up earlier, too...maybe for a later challenge, ha!

How are things going so far?!?

Hey, I totally posted in here last night but the magical internets ate it, DAMNIT. So I've managed my first outdoor skate , looking like a kid skating up and down in the park sticky skating and practising stepping my transitions. Was super fun to do, though  it took me FOREVER to change my wheels as I only have one set of bearings, GAH! How's fresh meat going for you?

I've managed to run and do BW exercises, stand in derby stance and do a LOT of squats this week too. Been making better choices when I have a sweet craving too. If the weekend could just hurry up, that'd be grand...

-----

Oh, the internet is totally the worst.

Woo hoo, outdoor skating!  I'm hoping to start up with that soon, too.  Just have to change wheels and get over this cold - bleah!

Fresh meat has been a fun but long process - I've been on and off with various injuries, some directly related to derby and some not, so a lot of girls who started after me are now "ahead" of me.  I'm happy for them, of course, but it's frustrating for me!  The good thing is that my team is relatively new and small, so I should be able to start actually playing as soon as I stop being a complete doofus on the track.

Moooooooore squats!!!

So, anyway a quick update, I have managed to be up early every day this week :) YAY GO ME! And I have done some exercise every day too :D I have a chart up on my bedroom mirror and I'm recording all of these things religiously.

This week is going to be hectic at work, so hopefully I will be able to get myself up and give my body a good workout to spike my energy for the day. I always feel better if I do. And give my legs a good roll. OH YES. 

I'm also hoping to be able to get to see my sister who gave me a brand-new niece to cuddle and indulge last week :)

Oh, the internet is totally the worst.

Woo hoo, outdoor skating!  I'm hoping to start up with that soon, too.  Just have to change wheels and get over this cold - bleah!

Fresh meat has been a fun but long process - I've been on and off with various injuries, some directly related to derby and some not, so a lot of girls who started after me are now "ahead" of me.  I'm happy for them, of course, but it's frustrating for me!  The good thing is that my team is relatively new and small, so I should be able to start actually playing as soon as I stop being a complete doofus on the track.

Moooooooore squats!!!

Outdoor skating is SCARY! OMG THE FLOOR IS SO HARD :/ but it's also fun.

Yeah, well I took my Mr to his first EVER practice, on a friends borrowed skates, less than 24hrs later at  my league's practice he's doing crossovers and jumping transitions :( So yeah, I know what you mean. I've been skating for months and only just done my OWN ones today. GRRRR. Happy for him obviously, but also *SADFACE*

And the same with my team, we're small, very small so as soon as I'm passed my min skills I can bout, even if to give the other girls a rest for a jam or two!

ALL THE SQUATS *thighs tremble*

-----

Ha, yes, boo but also hooray for him!  Is he going to be a ref or do you have merby?

Yeah, giving everyone else some rest will most likely be my primary function once I first start bouting, too!  But I'm sure we'll both learn and advance fast once we get out there!

I think at this point he just wants to learn to skate, I'm hoping he'd ref, but we're also good friends with one of the guys who is in Team England and formed a Merby team himself, so who knows!

I think you're right! :D Though I had an AWFUL skate last night, hurt my knee a bit at the weekend and it was weak as hell yesterday. I think I need to rest it before I make it worse, GAH!

-----

So hey there NF! Been a while, hasn't it? I have been RAMMED with stuff then had a well-earned few days camping in the sunshine, then been straight back to hectic-land.

So I've done pretty good at getting up early, only one lie-in past 8am in the last couple of weeks, feels good to start my day early now.

I managed a couple of outdoor skates, a coastal-path run, countless time walking around up and down hills in the Cornish countryside, though snack-wise, sampling the cream teas weren't the BEST idea (scones, jam, cream, oh my!)

But as I've been so busy and felt overwhelmed I've not planned in exercise very well and that is balls on my part. BUT I have re-kindled my love for craft as I have been frantically making for my derby team's merch stall at our bout today. So there is a good thing to this lack-of-exercise.

I am going to make time, 15 minutes at least of each day this coming week (am off work so NO excuses!) to do some exercise, be it simply standing in derby stance, wall pushups, a run, lifting, ANYTHING as I feel my body is sluggish and slow and exercise always fixes that.

I also managed to read another chunk of GoT on holiday, but to be honest I'm getting really bored of it, is that bad? I KNOW it's building up to another pivotal point but it's just a bit, meh dull now..

Anyway, that was it for my check in

ohnonebraska - my knee is a bit better, still grumbling, but it always does that. More squats and glute work will help it, resting does NOT, how ironic..

-----

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines