• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

TearDowntheDawn

Rugged Maniac in Atlanta Aug. 17, 2013

Anybody going? This will be my 1st OCR ever...I am really excited. Been training hard! Never found anyone interested in doing these things, so I will be going alone, which makes me feel kinda nervous - wish I could've found someone who had done at least one before - but as the saying goes "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger." I will once again use my "20 seconds of courage" (actually it will be more like 2 and 1/2 hours of courage, since that's about how long it will take me to drive there from Birmingham) but I can invoke the "20 seconds of courage" to get my butt in the car and start driving! Any insight for a newbie on her first OCR adventure would be appreciated.

• Like 1

did you use your "20 sec/2.5 hrs of courage"? 

i know i'm like half a year late, but i'm still kinda new to this site and rummaging through random forums and posts

Yes. I went and loved it. Did another 7 OCRs before the fall season was done! Spartan was my favorite - I ended up failing my attempts at 4 of the obstacles and did 120 burpees - but somehow having completed that course, and the burpees of course, made me feel more triumphant than all the other OCRs that I had been able to complete all the obstacles. OCR fan!