The QAthlete is getting healthy. just wait and see :)

Hi all,

I graduated from college at the beginning of July and right now i am in Spain in the middle of a 7-week holliday. I was very excited, but struggled with the heat from the very beginning. So I started to eat a lot of bread and yoghurt, and then sweets, because those were the only things that apparently didn´t make me feel nauseated. 

Then I made a subscription at the local pool (here they have one even in the smallest of villages) and started swimming and bathing in the sun almost every day. I started to feel happy and developed a healthy hunger, but this time no longer for sweets. I made salads and cooked meat, but continued to eat sugar and bread. 

And the pants grew tighter and tighter and I became more and more angry that my abdomen started to spill over my belt.

With this in mind, yesterday I asked myself: What would be the one small thing, which if I were to do, would make me feel and be healthier? The answer: GIVE UP SUGAR!

So yesterday I took this decision.

And from then the adventure began. 

“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.†― Albert Einstein

daily battle log

DO ITTTTTTT! :D

If that's what you really want, you will do what you want! :)

It's not 80% diet, 20% exercise, it's 100% diet, 100% exercise. Give it your all.

My journey (Date - Total - BF % - LBM)

2012-01-01 - 242 - 35% - 157

2013-12-15 - 172 - 10% - 155

2016-05-01 - 231 - 25% - 173

6th of August 2013

just a little time after i said I´m quiting sugar, a friend said "come, I´ll buy you an ice-cream". he has this habit, of going out and buying sweet things, this time it was for me. In my head there was a battle between what he might say if I refused and the fact that sugar makes me fat and I don´t want that. I didn´t want to hurt his feelings and pride, so I ate the feaking ice-cream. It wasn´t great.

I was thinking I´m going to take it slowly with this sugar addiction, allowing myself to have a yoghurt or two (mostly for the digestion) and fruit when I crave sweet.

This is going to be litlle baby steps, but moving forward every hour. 

“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.†― Albert Einstein

daily battle log

7th of August 

Today I ate food instead of sweets.

yeanling meat (i don´t know if that´s the right word), salad, bread

cream soup X2 (potatoes, cucumbers, cheese, pumpkin), bread

smoked salmon, toasted bread

1/4 watermelon, a fist of almonds

pasta with fish, salad and vegetable stew

625g yoghurt (this had sugar)

daily battle log

8th of August

2 sandwiches with sausages

beef with vegetable soup

2 bananas

2 bowls of cream soup (potatoes, pumpkin,cheese)

625g of yoghurt

9 August

1 bowl of cream soup

625g of yoghurt

3 peaches

1 pate, bread, salad (tomato, cucumber, red pepper, pumpkin)

10 August 2013

beef, vegetable stew

2 peaches, 1 pear

250g yoghurt

1 pate, bread, salad

0,5 pizza 

11 August 2013

2 fried eggs, vegetable stew, bread

5 plums

bacon, bread

1 peach

pate, sausage, salad, bread

12 August 2013

0,5 melon

1 fried egg, bread, sausage, 1 turkey leg

2 slices watermelon

3 pears, 1 peach, bread

13 August 2013

1,5 melon, bread

2X salad, bread, Philadelphia cream

smoked salmon, bread

daily battle log

last night i weighed myself. i have reached 72 kg. that is crazy. i was 67 when i came here in Spain, 5 weeks ago. the kilos are not muscle. the diet consisting of pastries, ice-cream and juice did this. and around the waist i am now 98cm. uhhh... i am angry and motivated to change.  

today is the forth day without sugar. it is a small change because i don´t want to overwhelm myself, but it is a daily battle and it gives results. i love myself 

when i need to eat something sweet i eat a piece of fruit.

daily battle log

14 August

2 fried eggs, 1 slice bread, salad

smoked salmon, Philadelphia cream, 3 slices bread, 0,5 red pepper

2 big bowls of pasta with beef (this had a teesponn of honey in it)

5 slices of watermelon

Last night I was at a bull game and I was climbing the stairs to get to our seats when the stitches from the inside of one of the legs of my pants blew open. I got so angry. I have hit rock bottom. 

So that´s when I decided a  decision needs to be taken :) So today I made the decision to GIVE UP THE GRAIN!

It has ruled my life since I was born and has brought me nothing but misery (drowsiness, pain, heaviness). So I am admitting that I am addicted to it, the same as with the sugar, and starting the gradually elimination of the grain from my system. I am too fat right now to keep eating the way I´ve been eating. It is a little complex now because I have to focus on two things that I don´t ever eat. I said I´m going to put a bracelet on my wrist to always remember. 

15th Of August 2013

omlet, pieces of sausage, 0,5 cup of gazpacho(tomato, cucumber, onion, green pepper, a little bread), 0, 25 slice bread, eggplant, 1 slice of watermelon

2 pieces of chicken hamburger meat, salad

3,5 slices of watermelon

a couple of cookies

1 ice-cream

daily battle log

as i expected my brain got fried yesterday. i focused on eating without sugar AND without bread and I panicked. so in the evening i felt the urge to eat cookies (bread and sugar) and an ice-cream. and i ate them.

so the deal remains that i stay away from SUGAR, and I watch my bread intake. 

daily battle log

i am home. â€Bine aÈ›i venit acasă!†said the pilot when we touched ground in my home town. My eyes filled with tears.

First impressions: my mom is very determined to help me loose weight and get the job of my dreams, all though i donâ€t know yet which one that is. 

Everythig is very clean and neat over here and it rains often.

so here are my goals for the next 60 days, last day 27th October 2013:

the first two days have already passed and iâ€m very proud of myself

1) eat for the first time at 14:00

2) eat when hungry (the stomach will tell me)

3) when hungry, eat a small bowl of greens& protein (meat,egg, beans)

4) move: make progress in an important area of my life (relationships, money, skills, health) every day

I am doing all these in order to be and feel healthy. I am planning to slim down, keeping the muscle mass, maybe improving it, get into a size 38 or smaller by the end of the set period, which means 88cm around he hips at the widest point or less. 

27th August- first day

14:30 tapas in Zaragoza: 3 small slices of bread, squid, mayonnaise, 2 slices bacon, small piece of pork meat, 1 globe ice-cream in a cone

move: flew in a plane on my own, visited and ate in a foreign city

28th August

18:30 1 bowl 2 slices bacon, 1 piece chicken, 1 tomato, 1/2 red pepper

21:30 half bowl lentil, 1 small tomato

move: walked for 1,5 hour, got in touch and made further arrangements with two of my former classmates

98/98,5 cm

daily battle log

29th August

11:00 1 bowl green beans and a fried egg (ate earlier because i knew i wouldnâ€t be home at 14)

15:00 1 bar of chocolate (at my grandmotherâ€s house because she insisted, right now leaning to say â€NO†and persevere with eat until the others get the message that i donâ€t want to eat or do a certain thing)

19:20 1 bowl with 1 small tomato, red pepper and 2 small pieces of chicken

move: i walked for 1,5 hour, i woke up at 8:00, did my workout (2)

daily battle log

30th August

14:30 1 bowl of omlet with greens - pumpkin, tomato, pepper

17:00 1 square dark chocolate

20:00 1 bowl of the same greens with 2 slices bacon and 1 small piece chicken

22:00 1 very small apple

move: wrote my cv, got my first interview today for Monday, went on an hour walk this evening by myself without a purpose in mind, just walking

daily battle log

31st August

10:00 1/2 bowl ofomlet with vegetables (i was very hungry)

16:00-22:00 a handful o biscuits every hour

1 bowl 1/2 egg, vegetables, mayonnaise 

2 sarmale

3 small plums

move: walk 1h, was nice with the family, switched my laptop to German

daily battle log

1st September

13:30 1 banana

15:00 1 bowl omlet with vegetables

17:00 some berries, 1 apple

20:30 1 bowl omlet with vegetables

move: i drove a few minutes with my fatherâ€s guidance, we went at a lake nearby to meet with my uncles, i walked 1,5 hours

cm

daily battle log

2nd September

14:00 1 bowl omlet with greens

17:00 1 banana

20:30 1 small pear, 1 bowl 2 pieces of meat and greens

23:00 1 palm full of peanuts, a small piece of dark chocolate

move: walked 1h 45min, read the Rich Dad scams guide

daily battle log

3rd September

15:00 1 bowl peanuts and a piece of omlet with vegetables

17:00 1 bowl lentils and zucchini

21:00 1 small apple

23:00 1 piece of meat

move: i went at the swimming pool, i swam, 2 hours walk

96/97 cm

4th September

15:00 a fistful peanuts, 1 fried egg, zucchini

18:00 1 piece of meat and fat, a few grapes, 1 small apple

23:00 1 piece of meat, a fistful peanuts

move: 2 hours walk, bought watercolours

daily battle log

5th September

13:00 2 fistfuls peanuts, few spoons blueberries, 2 fried eggs

3 slices bread, 2 tablespoons honey

3 big apples

1 piece of meat and fat, 3 tablespoons lentils

move: walk 40 min, met in person a couple of local business people,  

daily battle log

5th September

13:00 2 fistfuls peanuts, few spoons blueberries, 2 fried eggs

3 slices bread, 2 tablespoons honey

3 big apples

1 piece of meat and fat, 3 tablespoons lentils

move: walk 40 min, met in person a couple of local business people,  

daily battle log

6th September

16:00 1 slice bread with grease

20:00 1 bowl 2 fried eggs, green beans

23:00 a few huckleberries

move: 40 min walking with carring home heavy groceries, did my workout (3)

7th September

14:30 1 bowl 2 fried eggs, a couple chicken hearts, parsley, 1 tomato

17:00 chicken breast

20:00 chicken breast, 1 slice bread

22:00 1 big slice of cake, 2 pieces bacon

move: i moved all day with cleaning the whole house and cooking, decided my money goal for September

8th September

11:00 zucchini with cheese, 1 slice bread, 2 pieces bacon

14:00 1 glass champaigne, 1 bowl chicken and bacon with greens

3 slices of cake, other sweets

18:00 chicken, potatoes, mushrooms with cream

01:00 8 caramels

move: got in touch with my cousin whom i havenâ€t talked to in a few months, learned about asset allocation for personal finances

daily battle log

9 September

15:00 2 pieces meat, 4 bites of cake, greens, 1 slice bread, mushrooms

marshmallows

18:30 chicken, greens, 0,5 slice bread

2 fistfuls peanuts, 3 apples

move: talked to a business contact about employment

i am really glad about the way i am keeping the rule â€no food until 14:00â€. it is easy on the days when i sleep in late

the fact is that i eat the sweets if i have them in sight, so i support my motherâ€s habit of hidding them from me

my mindset right now is that â€i canâ€t afford to be large because now the way i look, the way the clothes look on me matters a lotâ€

and i am not motivated by the visual aspect of slimming down, but by the tactile aspect: the way my body feels in certain clothes

in 2 weeks i shaved 2 cm off my hips

i am thinking of adding a spoonful of beans/lentils to my every meal because sometimes i get to ketosis and i feel dizzy

daily battle log

10 September

14:00 2 fried eggs, lentils, grease, 2 slices bread, parsley

marshmallows

22:30 chicken, zucchini pudding with cream, green beens

23:00 2 slices bread, blueberries and blackberries

move: half an hour walk, workout (1), a Toastmasters meeting

11 September

14:30 1 chicekn leg, some lentils, bacon grease, 2 slices of bread, parsley, red pepper

1 slice

20:30 omlet with a lot of greens and a little chicken

4 slices bread, 2 tablespoos honey, 2 medium apples, some raisins

move: finance audiobook, painting

daily battle log

12 September

05:00 3 slices bread, 1 medium apple

14:30 omlet with greens and a little chicken, raisins

17:00 3 medium apples

20:30 1 chicken leg, greens

22:30 2 bowls of pasta with tomato juice

move: listened to a Rich Dad webinar, listened to a part of Tim Ferrisâ€s 4HC about languages 

daily battle log

15 September

2 boiled eggs, salad

3 medium apples

11 raw nuts

chicken leg, greens

3 slices bread, 1tbs honey, a little butter

move: 0,5 h walk

16 September

blueberries

1,5 banana

4 slices bread

17 September

2 slices bread

1 banana

bacon

2 bowls of pasta with cabbage

18 September

1 banana

1 bag of chocolate biscuits

bacon, chicken, a little lentils, green salad

1 slice bread, plums

daily battle log