• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

WAIT WHAT?? 

That lyra guy is my contortion teacher!!!

After jj's comment I started googling my teacher since he also does hoop, found a different video of his and thought hmmm that style looks very much like the guy in the video Angelyn posted - I watch it again, fullscreen this time, and YUP it's same guy! :D 

And yes he's amazing!

Omg hatter I am soooo jealous!!!Literally green with envy..Tell him he has fans in UK..also I'll try that tip about hands and feet lol..I find it hard enough knowing where my limbs are normally..never mind in strange positions!!

Hahaha I will do! 

And I know exactly what you mean about the limbs haha! My brain is fried after every class just from trying to figure out which left I should be going to :P

OK... gotta link to my favorite thug kitchen gif.  :-) And Mad Hatter is right... girls could do everything in that video!  Actually, it was sweet to watch a guy do it because around here guys just don't do hoop/lyra.  At all.  I literally know more guys who do pole (and girls who do straps) than I know guys who do hoop.  :-P -jj

Haha yes i get spoon betrayal often..I also get carrot betrayal...when you are chopping it and bits shoot off into space or hit you in the face...

Never seen a man doing any pole/aerial in real life...although I did once see a man do some trapeze on an open evening..

Carrots are my mortal enemy. I love them but omg the mess they make of my kitchen when I... ah man, I forgot the word to describe what I do to them. I don't even remember the German word so I could look it up!

It's that thing where you shove them across a board that has holes in it and then it comes out like teeny tiny noodles. 

That thing. Yes. I always feel like I have more carrot on me than in my food when I'm done with that. Same with potatoes and pumpkins. You should see my kitchen after I've made hash browns...

Ok I just found another amazing youtube video to try out..Erm sorry to anyone who isn't a woman..I think there is a male version floating about(go check it out and feel your jaw drop) but I was very excited to see a(more acheivable) female version.

Whoa, that is great! Rock n Roll Burpees! Thanks for sharing.

So, we have this TV show here that talked about calisthenics the other day. I'd never heard of it before and missed it because it was on when I had my Lift Up class, but I finally got around to watching it online and whoa. It totally reminded me of you and MadHatter and I want to do aaaaaaall the things in that video! 

www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn7u8VU3nRo

This is so cool! For the guys in here - search for "Hannibal for King" and get your jealous on. That dude... unbelievable. I might find a good beginner's workout and make it part of my next challenge because this is just too cool. But! Adults are not allowed to use playgrounds in Germany (I didn't even know that, but apparently that's the case) so I have no clue where to find a bar. Will be on the look-out for one as soon as I can start running again!

Wow thanks for posting that!! That video is amazing.I would also like to do all those things. I loved the one with the two women doing a roll on the pullup bar. Post more if you find any :playful:

Another update:

Well this week I've only done 2 workouts...(I skipped cardio hahahhahha). I won't count those 4 minute tabata things I did as a warm up.I suppose two workouts a week is better than none. Yesterday aerial was brutal though! We worked on putting moves together on hoop. I did in sequence:

Straddle Mount on

Back leg on/front leg off extension

Stand on hoop and arch

Double Knee hang on top hoop

Split from double knee hang at top

Arch over from splits into "fang" position at top

Neck hang

Swing legs back on for mermaid

pull one leg off and behind head

Put legs back on to do backstar

Birdsnest

Single knee hang

Finish with pike off

On Silks we did climbing, hip locks,that crossback crucifix that totally knackers you out and a move that follows on from it. I couldn't do the follow on move because I was soooo tired!!I was jelly! No trapeze yesterday.

Iron intake..erm I may have been forgetting to take the iron pills :redface-new: so I need to work on that again

Stairs going well. I've now done 2808 stairs since start of quest. Not bad going for one month :pride:

Dude... you can do a neck hang????  Hot damn, those are HARD.  The crucifix is such a pure upper body move, doing it near the end of the workout (especially for a girl) isn't going to work out really well for most people.

Neck hang sounds really painful :o

But that might just be because I have no clue what it is - but it reminds me of those women in that video I posted who hang from the bar with nothing but their chin holding them up! 

It's crazy how many stairs you walk! If/when we're moving into our new apartment, I'll totally join you. We live in a kind of basement apartment right now (the house is on a hill, the main part is on the higher side of the hill, so we gotta walk down about 20 or so stairs until we're at our entrance, but I don't really count those b ecause they're not very steep. If we get that apartment tthat we want (I'm really, really hoping for that!) we'd live on the third floor. So that would be... 7 flights of stairs to climb everytime we want to get to our apartment. Super hot booty here I come? :D

It would also mean fewer spiders. I killed a spider so big yesterday... It was sitting right under our bedroom door, with only the two front legs visible from outside and I saw it from our couch, which is approximately 7m away from the bedroom door. It had hair on its legs. I was brave and opened the door and killed it with a shoe, but oh boy. Those little %/&)%$& only ever come out when I'm home alone. 

Neck hangs always make me cringe, they look so painful! I tried toe hangs a long time ago and holy crap that HURTS! I only imagine what it feels like on the neck...

Ohh noo I fear I may have mislead you all..Er in our studio there are two moves they call neck hang( imaginitive I know).

Here is the one I can do:BtOySMM.jpg?1

and here is the one that I wish I could do:Yqgbrns.jpg?1

It's crazy how many stairs you walk! If/when we're moving into our new apartment, I'll totally join you. We live in a kind of basement apartment right now (the house is on a hill, the main part is on the higher side of the hill, so we gotta walk down about 20 or so stairs until we're at our entrance, but I don't really count those b ecause they're not very steep. If we get that apartment tthat we want (I'm really, really hoping for that!) we'd live on the third floor. So that would be... 7 flights of stairs to climb everytime we want to get to our apartment. Super hot booty here I come? :D

Heheheh yes, if there weren't 5 flights I wouldn't take them lol..We have 24 steps between levels and I'm on level 5..I think level 3 would be nice, cos then I won't get to the top huffing and puffing.. And yes I'm sure it all helps to a super hot booty!!Maybe it's what Beyonce's secret is!! :playful:

Another update:

Well this week I've only done 2 workouts...(I skipped cardio hahahhahha). I won't count those 4 minute tabata things I did as a warm up.I suppose two workouts a week is better than none. Yesterday aerial was brutal though! We worked on putting moves together on hoop. I did in sequence:

Straddle Mount on

Back leg on/front leg off extension

Stand on hoop and arch

Double Knee hang on top hoop

Split from double knee hang at top

Arch over from splits into "fang" position at top

Neck hang

Swing legs back on for mermaid

pull one leg off and behind head

Put legs back on to do backstar

Birdsnest

Single knee hang

Finish with pike off

On Silks we did climbing, hip locks,that crossback crucifix that totally knackers you out and a move that follows on from it. I couldn't do the follow on move because I was soooo tired!!I was jelly! No trapeze yesterday.

Iron intake..erm I may have been forgetting to take the iron pills :redface-new: so I need to work on that again

Stairs going well. I've now done 2808 stairs since start of quest. Not bad going for one month :pride:

That's so great! That sequence takes a lot of stamina! Bravo! *clap clap clap*

I did a little hoop for the first time a few weeks ago in class - it was so weird to me, and the spinning made me almost wanna puke, haha. I'm sure your hoop work is lovely!

2 workouts is certainly better than none, and having an intense aerial sesh certainly counts up for that too!

Nice work, it is always great to read through this thread, see everyone's input and your great progress and effort, keep it up!

OH!  Yeah, we call the first one an amazon.  The second one was the one I was thinking of and it is CRAZY hard.  I have one friend who can do it on a single point trapeze while spinning... just freaking bananas.  And toe hangs suck too.  Ankle hangs?  Maybe, toe hangs?  Not so much.  

Aaaangelyyyyyn, where are youuuu? We want to celebrate the challenge end with you! :)

Indeedly doo!

Judging by the effort and great work you put in it will definitely be a celebration!

Hey all!apologies for going super quiet. Here is an update. Basically I've officially got back on the horse! Unfortunately we are implementing a new software system at work and our go live date is march. So this past week I've done 2 eleven hour shifts and spent the whole of sunday at work..not to mention I will be there again this sunday. I'm sure there will be plenty more to come!! Time is scarce for me at the moment and I'm spending 11 hours working on a computer.Needless to say I haven't wanted to turn my computer on when I get home, so apologies for being super quiet.

On the plus side I am now in a habit of never taking the lift.YAY!!!So I'm giving myself an A there.

My bf has bought a new iron drink and I get him to remind me to take mine....so I'm giving myself a B..

I didn't quite stick to my 3 workouts a week but I think I gave it a good go so I'm giving myself a B..

At the moment my priorities are trying to de stress after work since I find it reallly hard to turn my brain off and trying to fit exercise in where I can:) I don't want to lose all my progress. I probably won't be able to do another quest until after march but I may create a daily battle log and put a weekly update in there. I know its poor but I'm really short on time:(

Just want to say thank you to alll of you for checking in on my quest, all the encouraging words and great pics!! Congratulations to us all for doing our first quest..I'll be sure to try and follow your progress:)