brittle nails

switt21

Ever since I've been eating primal, I've had this problem with my nails becoming super brittle.  I've never had this before. My nails always grew really fast and never broke.  Now they keep cracking and I have to cut them all the time.  Not worried about cosmetics, just wondering if I have some sort of vitamin deficiency that's causing it.  I eat a ketogenic diet, and take a multivitamin plus fish oil every day.  Any ideas?

@primalbeauty

As I began to love myself, I freed myself of anything that was no good for my health-food, people, things, situations, and everything that drew me down and away from myself.At first I called this attitude a healthy egoism.Today I know it is "love of oneself."-Charlie Chaplin

hmm wonder if it's iron. I've had low iron before. I've also thought about supplementing with biotin.  Thank you!

@primalbeauty

As I began to love myself, I freed myself of anything that was no good for my health-food, people, things, situations, and everything that drew me down and away from myself.At first I called this attitude a healthy egoism.Today I know it is "love of oneself."-Charlie Chaplin

Might be vit B/Biotin...When I was eating very healthy and very little to lose weight I had some small problems with not having enough vitamins that ended up becoming major problems...Eating paleo should in theory give you all the vitamins that you need but sometimes a small inbalence in the beginning can be exasperated by working out, or continuing to not eat enough to get the right amount of vitamins.  Try adding some variety to your diet and also I found some great Vit B chews from GNC that taste amazing..i know not paleo but I felt better and my vit levels have normaled out!

Some of the coolest dreams that ever came true weren't dreams at all, but standards that simply weren't compromised.

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/36982-sunshinerunner-goes-paleo-get-fit-or-die-trying/