Recommendations for phone and camera

Vian

I have been without a job for over 2 years now, going to school and living off financial aid and the kindness of my family. A couple weeks ago I got a job making more than I ever have before, so of course I am planning for all the things I want to buy that I haven't been able to afford. I wont be buying anything immediately, this is more for within the next 6-12 months as I am able to save money to buy some of the things (some are a bit expensive!).

So I am looking for nerd recommendations for the following:

Cell phone. I have had cricket for the past almost 3 years because it's no contract, but I hate the service. Also, my phone is lame and old (some kind of samsung with a touch screen and a slide out keyboard...no data, does nothing but make calls and send texts). I want a smart phone! I want unlimited calls and texts and enough data that I won't have to be super careful about using it (I'll probably just use it to look stuff up and surf forums while I'm at work or the grocery store.) I want a service and phone with good customer service, good call quality, and good coverage in my area (eastern washington state). Also, I'm not married to apple. I've never actually used an apple product. I love my PC, so an iPhone is not mandatory. If it has a decent camera for taking pics when I don't have my more expensive camera with me, that would be awesome too.

Camera. I love photography, but I've never used a really nice digital camera. I want something that is not crazy expensive (like in the several thousand dollar range) but that takes really good macro pictures. Macros are my favorite. If it has removable lenses with a macro lense that can be purchased separately, that would be amazing.

Thanks!

"When I can no more stir my soul to move, and life is but the ashes of a fire; When I can but remember that my heart once used to live and love, long and aspire - O be thou then the first, the one thou art; Be thou the calling before all answering love, and in me wake hope, fear, boundless desire." - George MacDonald