• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Kishi

WEEK 3 CHALLENGE: PUNCHING IN

I'm halfway there, did 500 on my break at work today because I am running out of time and need to get a move on. Tomorrow I'll be doing the other 500.

Well, that's what happens when you do it all in one go like that.

200 done today. 800 for the challenge so far; should be hitting a thousand tomorrow.

Done, with 2000 chain punches (300 of those with weights) and 400 front punches. My arms are so dead. I have class tomorrow, so I'm going to get hilariously beaten up (it'll be quite a good challenge doing sticky hands practice with dead arms). That was pretty fun!

Ran through all our usual punch routines doubled to get this one done.

120 jab cross (240)  80 jab cross backfist jab (320) 

120 jab hook(240)  80 jab hook backfist jab (320)

120 jab uppercut 80 (240) jab uppercut springboard backfist jab (400)

100 double jabs (200)

120 (120) slip punches 80 slip punch combos (240)

Grand total: 2280

My punching after the initial 1000 was heavily hampered by the horrible lack of skin on my middle knuckle, left hand. The blisters on my right hand mostly healed up ok. Learned some stuff! Also had to focus on ridgehand and backfist for the rest of the week. 

I posted this on my thread, but forgot to post it here

Derrrrrrr.........

10 sets of 10:                                                               # of Punches                                                                                   # of Punches

Right Side Facing                                                                     Left Side Facing

Rt Jab                                                         100                        Lt jab                                                              100          

Rt jab, Lt cross                                            200                       Lt jab, Rt cross                                                200

Rt jab, Lt cross, Rt hook                              300                       Lt jab, Rt cross, Lt hook                                  300

Rt jab, Lt cross, Rt hook, Lt uppercut          400                       Lt jab, Rt cross, Lt hook, Rt uppercut              400

1,000                                                                                             1,000

TOTAL PUNCHES:    2,000              

I don't know which hurt more: my lats, or the stinging sweat in my eye.

Jeez, Cheechoe and Optimus really set that bar high! Make me want to do 2,000 punches in one go this week.

Mission accomplished. But only 1,000 punches in 2 sets of 500. =P