There's always that moment of elation...

When you find out you were stronger than you ever imagined you could be haha. I stepped into the squat rack for the first time in over five years today to do today's WOD. 5-5-3-3-3-1-1 Reps working towards a new 1RM.

I took it easy and started at 135lb/61kg but by the end of it I managed to put on two 45lb/20kg plates for a new 1RM of 225lb/102kg (including the bar)!!

I had no idea I could still squat that much haha. So feeling emboldened I decided that I'd try out dead lifting those two 100lb/45kg bumpers that I'd been eye-ing since I rocked out 15 reps of 225lb/102kg dead lifts last week. My buddy threw on two 5lb/2.2kg stoppers on the end just to mess with me, bringing the weight up to 255lg/115kg (including the bar). Went and chalked up for the first time ever and lo and behold I did it! I got ballsy and went back for a second rep but gravity put me back in my place the second time haha.

Still, it feels good to get back into weight training and not having to start completely from scratch again!

Hero's First Challenge, Again! - "I knew pig-moles were a bad idea..."

Who the hell do you think I am!?!

-Kamina, "Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann"

Dai-Gurren Brigade's Hero

Lvl1 Human Ranger

STR3 DEX1 STA3 CON1 WIS1 CHA1

Definitely remember to chalk up. Forgetting to chalk up before a max pull is like forgetting to pull your pants down before you squat. Strong work on the new PRs.

My training log

Spoiler

Hudson Valley Strongman presents Lift for Autism (USS), April 16th Contest report

Hudson Valley Strongman presents Lift for Autism (NAS), April 18th Contest report

Eighth Annual Vis Vires Outdoor Strongman Competition (Unsanctioned), August 1st Contest report

"What's the difference between an injury that you train around and an injury that you train through?"

"A trip to the hospital"