• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DrVornoff

Pittsburgh Nerds Unite!

I'm the first to admit that I don't get out of the house as often as I would like.  But now's as good a time as any to change that.  Who here is in the Pittsburgh area?  I've lately been on the hunt for some of the restaurants, cafes and scenery in the city and it would be nice to bring some company along.

And I finally managed to find my way back here.  Being swamped while you're sick is no fun.  I'm wondering if there should be something on Meetup dot com.  Might make things a little easier.

I'll get something set up by the weekend at least.  I've still got a lot of my plate so between work and trying to get in shape, my willpower and attention span is running on fumes.  I will say now by the way that if you haven't arleady, sign up for the CSA box program.  Every other week, it's a box of farmer's market produce that you can pick up at an affiliate company location.  As long as I'm on the topic, I want to also plug a restaurant I really like.  I used to perform as a mentalist at the Tin Front Cafe on 8th Avenue in Homestead.  It's a vegetarian place that uses locally grown stuff.  It's coming up on fall, so the Acornucopia should be back on the menu soon.  It's an acorn squash stuffed with nuts and fruit and oven baked.  This place would be so much bigger if they marketed to something other than Facebook, but that's a rant for another time.

In fact, I might see about doing a meetup there for their Sunday brunch.  Not everything on the menu that day is Paleo-approved, but you'll find a few items that will work for you.  Also, the hash on Sundays is all-you-can-eat and it's fucking fantastic.

That restaurant sounds fantastic! My husband works in Homestead, so maybe he's seen it. I'd love to meetup there!

While we're on restaurants, plug for Bar Marco in the Strip. They do everything locally grown too, and have incredible cocktails. You can accommodate any diet there.

Yeah, 2013 didn't end well for me so the meetup never happened.  But I'm back in the saddle now and feeling a lot more optimistic.  I need to see about resolving a few work-related issues over the next couple weeks, but I'll have a report in the next couple of days about what I can put together.  I'll be contacting the Tin Front owners to see about doing a meetup there.  It's a small place so we'd have to keep the spaces limited, but otherwise it should be good.

I'm going to go talk to the owners of Tin Front on Tuesday.  Since it's still a few weeks out, I think we might be able to swing a Sunday brunch meetup on the 22nd.

• Like 1

I just got off the phone with the Tin Front Cafe.  We're penciled in for a Sunday brunch on June 29th.  I just need to know how many of you guys out there would be able to make it.  The restaurant opens at 11 AM and is located at 216 E Eighth Avenue in Homestead near the Waterfront.  The sooner I hear who's coming the better as I'm going to follow up with the owner in a week or so to confirm how many people are coming.

So we've got one person in.  Any others out there listening, I really need you to say if you can make it here in the thread.  I need to tell the restaurant what size party to expect.

Just reminding everyone that we're meeting at Tin Front Cafe on Sunday at 11 AM.  You can tell from the profile pic that I'm pretty easy to spot, but just to make it easier to find me, I'll bring my plush Summer Fun Cthulhu to act as our mascot and sit on the table with us.