Quest to be Queen of the nerds Nerdlina's log

8-14-13

Today was a good day.

I walk to and from work which took me about an hour at a good pace.

Did 1 set of the beginner body weight training circuit got through it one time

10 min warm up   

18 squats

20 push ups

13 lunges

10 dumbell rows (on each arm)

2 10 min plank

20 jumping jacks

Not gonna beat myself up on the ones I couldn't do all the way through. I'm just gonna focus on getting better. My goal is each week to add another set.

Breakfast

Apple and peach oatmeal

Lunch

Beans and ham with veggies

Dinner

Potatos and veggie scramble

level 0 Fire elemental

Godd morning rebels sorry for the delay in give update reports. My first week went well, I walked to work most days and did weight training. I definitly found out that my body has some limits as to what it can do (for now) and I am proud to say that I have been watching what I eat, and not in the "I watch it disappear in my mouth" kinda of way. i found the cutest little salad plate that I have dubed as mine. Until I can get a handle on my portion size problem that is what I will be eating out of .

So for this week i'd give myself a B - good but I know I can do better.

level 0 Fire elemental

So I 've started the new 6 week challenge. I spent last week planning My stratagey. I put to gether a workout calender that

A) is filled with lots of short but effective workouts with splashes of yoga to work on the core and my flexability. and

B) It has places where I can mark off when ever I accomplish my workouts.

It may seem silly but it's a nice way for me to keep myself on task.

My diet change is going well, although I find myself being hungry more often.

level 0 Fire elemental

Things are going good so far got up and did forty minutes of Yoga and then went for a twenty minute walk yesterday. This morning I did twenty mintes on our stationary bike and I'll be doing 40 minutes of Yoga before bed.

Diet wise I've been doing good, using My FItness Pal to keep track of what and how much I eat. Trying to get ride of processed carbs slowly.

level 0 Fire elemental

So the last week I had a cold, it sucked pretty bad. I got in some riding on my stationary bike on a couple of days but that was about all I had the energy for. I rested and got lots of fluid and am feelin better.

I've journaled my food everyday so far and I'm kinda proud of that. I've stayed within my calorie goals and I haven't starved myself. So far Things are going good. I would feel better if I could have gotten more workouts in, but I can't change what happened, I can only worry about the now.

level 0 Fire elemental

Update time as of this morning things are good. I've gotten up every morning and done yoga,  walked to work and then walk home again (it's about 1.35 miles one way). On Monday I did 20 minute od the beginner body weight circuit.

Warm up 10 mins of stretching and getting my heart rate up

20 mins of the circuit

The first set    5-squats

5- lunges on each side

20 - push ups ( I still have to do them on the wall)

15 - jumping jacks ( I need to invest in a really good sprots bra)

The second set  10 - squats

5 - lunges (I found that after the squats I couldn't fo more then the 5 lunges on each leg and keep good form)

20 - push ups

and then a cool down.

It's a good start to the week Today I will be repeating My body weight circuit on my lucnh hour, I didn't get to walk this morning so I will get on the stationary bike when I get home for a 40 min ride.

On the diet forfront i have noticed that the use of a smaller plate has helped in how much I consume. I still feel like i'm pigging out every once in awhile but I am consuming less, the next step is to change what I am consuming to better things.

On an emothional level I feel like I'm doing a lot and I'm not really seeing any changes. Logically I know that I just started and it's going to take some time. I'm just afraid that I'm doing all this stuff and I won't have changed anything, or that I'm doing something wrong that will sabatoge my goals.

level 0 Fire elemental

Update time

So last week went well. I worked out monday, tuesday, thurday, and friday. I also walked to work all this week except for two days. I had a really emothinal time this week and instead of falling back into old habits I went for a walk and worked our what I was feeling and how to deal with it like a big girl. 

My food goals are coming along, I still have times when I mess up though. On the up side I have been loggin everything I've eaten , even when it's a bad day. It keeps me honest with myself.

It looks like I've lost more but I'm not sure because I don't have a scale.

level 0 Fire elemental

So life has been pretty hectic in my neck of the woods as of late. But I have been working out on a regular basses, and have been watching my food intake.

I'm a little down because it feels like I'm spinning my wheels right now. I work out and I'm eating less and bettter food, but I don't really see any progress. It's frustrating to say the least but I'm gonna stay the course and figure out if there is anything else I could be doing to help jumpstart things. I'm going to troll the community and see if I can find any advise.

level 0 Fire elemental

Updated time again.

Things are kinda up in the air. I'm still working out and eating right, it seems that I have hit a plato and need to step it up. I'm finding it hard to find the will to do more. But I know I have to and if I keep my eyes to the future then it will get easier to do.

level 0 Fire elemental