Week 4 Challenge - Kicking: The Habit

Thrillho

I figure we better start working out the details for this, if we're already on Tuesday.  

Kicking is a slightly less common combat practice than punching, considering the extra energy required, the longer time to strike, the disadvantageous position it often requires and leaves one in, and the comparative ease with which they can be dodged or blocked...

But let's face it, kicking someone is fun.  

EDIT: 500 kicks seems like a good number!  Preferably more than one type of kick involved (unless your style only has one kick, in which case... that's a wierd style.) Not sure if I can film all 500, but I'll try my best. 

Deadline of Sunday night!

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

I´ll try to get this done on tomorrow´s routine. See if I can walk after that XD

Level: 4 Human Monk

STR: 14 | DEX: 7 | STA: 10.75 | CON: 6.75 | WIS: 13.75 | CHA: 1.75 |

"Effort without results is only self satisfying bunk" - Kain R. Heinlein.

"You can make mistakes, but you are not a failure until you blame others for those mistakes." - John Wooden.

"Misery is comfortable. Happiness takes effort." - David Wong.

Arggh!! I only managed to do 200 today. I hope tomorrow I fare better.

Level: 4 Human Monk

STR: 14 | DEX: 7 | STA: 10.75 | CON: 6.75 | WIS: 13.75 | CHA: 1.75 |

"Effort without results is only self satisfying bunk" - Kain R. Heinlein.

"You can make mistakes, but you are not a failure until you blame others for those mistakes." - John Wooden.

"Misery is comfortable. Happiness takes effort." - David Wong.

200 last night.  Wow, 25 flying knees each side into the punching bag? Hardest exercise I've done in a while.  Whew.

Those count as kicks, right? 

I also managed 200 today, mind you, I did a lot of double kicks. I noticed right away that my form sucks and they were pretty slow. I definitely need to stop procrastinating and practice. I'm shooting for 1000 kicks by the end of the week.

Level 3 Human Monk

STR 8, DEX 4, STA 7, CON 8, WIS 6, CHA 5

Current Challenge

“Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight."

-Johnny Cash

200 last night.  Wow, 25 flying knees each side into the punching bag? Hardest exercise I've done in a while.  Whew.

Those count as kicks, right? 

Honestly, for this mini-challenge, I'd count 'em. I was thinking for the last couple weeks we'd do something related to grappling movement and then do that cooking challenge you guys were clamoring for last week. We didn't really define terms, so 'kicking' for our purposes could be any lower-body hurty-move. On the other hand, knees are their own skill. I could totally see making a mini-challenge around those some time.

But for now? Let's keep it simple.

Eh, I'll go for 550 kicks then.  I guess the flying knee is more grappling than a real closing-the-distance move, outside of Samurai Shodown. 

Did 250 last Thursday, will do the rest tomorrow. Not using a bag, just doing kicks to air, so did a lot of jumping kicks and combinations as part of the 250 (e.g. low kicks to both knees and high side kick counted as 1). I feel like I need a bag or a partner for this, but will save that for class.

Level 3 Monk

STR[8]  DEX[6]  STA[8]  CON[10]  WIS[8]  CHA[7] 

Current Challenge

Last day, last minute. Such a slacker...

2 rounds of:

50 Rt Leg Front Kicks

50 Lt Leg Front Kicks

50 Rt Leg Turning Kicks 

50 Lt Leg Turning Kicks

50 Rt Leg Side Kicks

50 Lt Leg Side Kicks

50 Rt Leg Back Kicks

50 Lt Leg Front Kicks

Total: 1000 Kicks

I found myself cursing a lot toward the end...

If you count this morning, I landed 600 kicks for this challenge. Mostly low- and mid-roundhouse, and front thrust kicks.  My punching bag is a little TOO firm to practice front kicks with easily :( Ow.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines