Good Morning Nerd Fitness!

It's like 3:15am and I'm at work. Let's get weird.

I'm Jess, or Gizmo (I answer to that too), and it is very nice to meet all of you fine people! I'm a long time email reader, but I figured I might as well jump into the community. Yay!! Haven't been involved in a forum like this since they shut down the Misc. board on WC3 (*nerd cred!*), so I'm pretty stoked.

A little bit about me Fitness wise:
Nothing too exciting. I've never been under- or overweight, and while I've never considered myself "athletic," I've pretty much always participated in some level of physical activity. Post-college I noticed I started to gain some fluff and stuff, this probably had something to do with the beer drinking and not needing to run an ~8:00 mile to stay in school (I went to a military-themed baccalaureate institution). So I always knew that I could be better, harder, faster, stronger, but in one way or another, I'd find ways to put up obstacles for myself. My bestie at work had been trying to convice me to try crossfit. In one of those 20 second bouts of courage, I agreed to go. I was SUPER intimidated by the whole thing. (Have you seen hardcore crossfitters? Ridiculous!) I had never actually lifted before, and the word "Snatch" just reminded me of a really great Guy Ritchie film. So terrified little me goes to the crossfit gym, and what's the first thing I see? Darth. Effing. Vader.
That was almost 3 months ago.

It's taken a little while, since I used to make fun of these crossfit-cult-weirdos, but I'm finally starting to drink the Kool-aid. I'm still pretty intimidated, and feel like I have no idea what I'm doing most of the time, but at a gym full of Star Wars nerds (they played the Imperial March when the team came out at Crossfit Regionals), I think I'll be alright.

Where I'm at now - Stats (one rep max):
Snatch: 70
Clean and Jerk: 85
Back squat: 133 (I loooooooove squats. Love them. So much.)
Shoulder press: 58
Deadlift: 138

*high five* to all my heavy lifting sistas!

Goals:
1. I'm doing the SoCal Run For Your Life in September, I'd like to "survive".
2. Do an effing unassisted pull-up. Like, for realsies.