Decent pedometer for daily use?

I know quite a few people on here use pedometers, either to track walking to Mordor or other reasons, and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations. I thought I'd just snag a cheap one off of Amazon but most of the reviews on all of them are horrible! Is it worth spending more for a better one? I'm currently job hunting so I didn't want to spend too much.

i have a fitbit zip and use runkeeper when i run (but it measure via gps coordinates so isn't always that reliable).  you can use runkeeper for walking too, but i truly love my little zip.

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

I love my fitbit... slightly pricy but the best by far I have ever tried...

omron has a good one in the 20$ range :) that I used before fitbit... when people want a lower priced one that's where I send them

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

I have an Omron GOsmart pedometer, and I love it.  I got it on Amazon for around $20.  It tracks steps, calories, and miles; and it's pretty accurate in my experience.  It resets automatically at midnight, so you don't have to worry about accidentally hitting the reset button and losing your data.  I wear mine clipped to my belt and track the data in an Excel spreadsheet.

Level 3

STR 3 | DEX 5 | STA 7 | CON 5 | WIS 4 | CHA 1

I use Accupedo app on my Android.  It uses so little battery that I do not notice it.

Very easy to use and good graphical interface.

Current Challenge: (Feb-Mar 21) Step by Step

My Epic Quest Character Sheet  *** Old Challenges and Links hidden below

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2012) 1st (Scout) 2nd (Scout) *** (2013) 3rd (Warrior) 4th (Warrior) 5th (Warrior) 6th (Assassin) ***

(2014) 7th (Ranger) 8th (Scout) 9th (Monk) 10th (Scout) *** (2015) 11th (Ranger) 12th (Ranger) 13th (Ranger) 14th (Ranger) 15th (Scout) 16th (Scout) *** (2016) 17th (Ranger) 18th (Scout) 19th (Scout) 20th (Rebel)

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Past groups: The Wild Hunt 6 *** The Serenity Crew *** The Wild Hunt 5 *** The Wild Hunt 4 *** The Wild Hunt 3 *** The Wild Hunt 2 *** The Wild Hunt 1 *** Browncoats

Achievements: (20 Sep 2014) Completed first half marathon *** (17 Feb 2014) Finished mission to bring body fat from over 25% to under 12% over six months (trying to repeat that now)

I have a fitbit zip that I've used for the last six months and I really like it a lot. The ability to synch it with my phone/computer means I don't have to log my miles to mordor every day - I can check in once a week or so and add in my walking miles (plus any additional workouts I did, like biking or swimming). For me it's totally been worth the $50 I spent.

Level 3 Human Druid

[sTR: 3] [DEX:8] [sTA:5] [CON:9] [WIS:8] [CHA:2]

Previous Challenge Thread: A Wild Anna Appears

Current Challenge Thread: Just one Anna, Just TWO challenges!

Walking to Lothlorien: On the road south of Rivendell

Twitter: @justanna

+ 1 Fitbit

I previously had the original model (until it went through the wash) and a Zip, which wasn't bad for 'the cheap model' (the little smiling face was very motivating!). I did miss the sleep tracking though, so when the Zip went AWOL, I got myself the Flex. Liking it so far - I had read it wasn't as accurate but it seem to be getting similar numbers to what I did with the Zip. Also, I find it easier to remember to wear because it's pretty much always on my wrist (I had a terrible habit of forgetting my Zip).

The problem, often not discovered until late in life, is that when you look for things in life like love, meaning, motivation, it implies they are sitting behind a tree or under a rock.
The most successful people in life recognize, that in life they create their own love, they manufacture their own meaning, they generate their own motivation.

- Neil deGrasse Tyson