• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

We can start up a Bro competition! All curls and shrugs must be performed in the squat rack with duckface to be competition legal.

Oh my god i'm crying...

I'm really kind of bummed about this- I have been making such great DL progress... but I can barely bench the bar at this point- it's causing pain in my elbow... and my squat still sucks ass.  God how depressing.  

wah. Cry cry.  oh well. 

I'm expecting about 20 more lb on squats but no increase in bench or deadlift as I'll be doing bench paused this time and my DL has been sucking.

Should be doing it next weekend so I can start in on Smolov without worrying about testing in the middle.

I'm expecting about 20 more lb on squats but no increase in bench or deadlift as I'll be doing bench paused this time and my DL has been sucking. Should be doing it next weekend so I can start in on Smolov without worrying about testing in the middle.

I'm expecting a 10lbs increase in squat and maybe 20 to my DL. Bench is hard to gauge since I haven't bench since SSS. I am hoping that there is some transfer from all the OHPing I have been doing. 

The only problem is that for DL i have those crappy hex plates which are slightly smaller than comp plates so it'll be like pulling from a deficit. But I must retain my DL champ title. 

Who is in the first 2 rows? Please fill in names correctly or I will delete you. Also, your WEIGHT SHOULD BE IN KB, NOT LB Also DO NOT EDIT THE BEST LIFTS COLUMN. Fill in you attempts with an "F" after any weight you don't hit and the best column will auto populate. Also, DO NOT ENTER ANY CURRENT PRs OR TARGETS. The only weights lifted you should be entering are your actual attempts for your participation entry.

Before you actually lift, the only things you should be entering are your name, gender, weight, and age. Your weight entered is your weight on the morning/day of your lifting attempts before you lift, so update it on the day you lift.

I plan on kicking us off tonight as I will be starting a new lifting program next week and need to get this in before I do.

hmm I might just be able to fit this in with my cycle, we'll see.

Looking forward to seeing the bench master at work again, I'm still well impressed by your last lifting comp video.

Troll has much better numbers than I do.

Just finished. Squatted 455, 475, 485 for a 30 lb PR. Benched 275, 295, and failed on 305, all paused. This is 10 lb short of last time, which was not paused, so I'm happy with it. Deadlifted 525, 545, 555 for a 15 lb PR and a 1335 total.

I have video of all lifts which I'll splice together and post tomorrow at some point. All this and I only gained 6 points on my Wilks because I gained 10 lb since May.

Just finished. Squatted 455, 475, 485 for a 30 lb PR. Benched 275, 295, and failed on 305, all paused. This is 10 lb short of last time, which was not paused, so I'm happy with it. Deadlifted 525, 545, 555 for a 15 lb PR and a 1335 total.

I have video of all lifts which I'll splice together and post tomorrow at some point. All this and I only gained 6 points on my Wilks because I gained 10 lb since May.

Those are big numbers! Well done, that's a great work.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn. 555lbs Nicely done sir

Thank you sir, thought you'd like it. Find below for your viewing pleasure.

Those are big numbers! Well done, that's a great work.

Thank you much.

My video editing app refuses to work. So, until I can get home and download a new one that does work, instead of a spliced together HD version of all 9 attempts with title frames for each and possibly music, you will have to deal with individual standard definition videos of my best atempt of each lift.

Squat 485x1

Bench 295x1 Paused

Deadlift 555x1

I wore my TMNT shirt to the gym this morning in honor of Corey.

Nice lifts bro. Squat was fast so was the deadlift. You definitely had more in you. One quick thing on your bench pause be careful at the bottom when the bar sinks into your chest that it doesn't come up before you begin your press. You have a little bounce in there. I've seen guys redlighted for this. Since you'll be competing with the USAPL they're strict as hell.

I wore my TMNT shirt to the gym this morning in honor of Corey.

Nice lifts bro. Squat was fast so was the deadlift. You definitely had more in you. One quick thing on your bench pause be careful at the bottom when the bar sinks into your chest that it doesn't come up before you begin your press. You have a little bounce in there. I've seen guys redlighted for this. Since you'll be competing with the USAPL they're strict as hell.

Thanks, squats and DL both had a bit more left, and yeah I think another 10 on each was possible. Really surprised myself.

Bench needs so much damn work. My grip is terribly high in the hand and my left shoulder keeps having issues, I think due to elbow flares. I need to control the descent better and pause with less of that "sink", stay tighter and all that. I'm really going to drill form on the days I bench during Smolov, thinking just working heavy paused singles and doubles. Like you said, USAPL is super strict. I really wanna go in and PR squat and DL in my comp since I'm pretty confident with them. I just want to post a good lift on bench, not worried about using it to drive up my total.

You made that 485 squat look easy....well done.

Time to update your signature... :playful:

It is!

Find below for your viewing pleasure.

Thanks for posting the vids, I haven't been lifting barbells very long (about 7 weeks) so it's great to look at what other people lifting much heavier than me are doing.

2 things I was wondering about:

- You're not wearing any shoes for your squat and looks like just socks for your DL. Is that just a personal preference or is there a specific reason for not wearing shoes?

- Seems you have a specific breathing technique, is that because you are wearing a belt or would someone without a belt (I haven't tried one yet) benefit from similar breathing routines?

For DLs it's to be as close to the ground as possible so the bar doesn't have to move as far. For squats it preference. You have to wear shoes in real competition though.

The breathing is just my set up which I do every time. It's just a mental thing to get prepared and hyped up. The only important part is the big breath before the lift.