• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

I've never actually gone for a 1RM on any lift before, but I bet I can work this in this week. It'll be interesting to see even though I consider myself a good 6 months or so away from being ready to actually compete in person.

I've never actually gone for a 1RM on any lift before, but I bet I can work this in this week. It'll be interesting to see even though I consider myself a good 6 months or so away from being ready to actually compete in person.

Just be conservative. The rule of thumb I always go with is make the first attempt a single at your best working weight then increase with good judgement from there. Be conservative with your increases the first virtual competition. I think this is my 4th or 5th and I'm just now getting comfortable with judging my jumps based on how each attempt feels.

Just be conservative. The rule of thumb I always go with is make the first attempt a single at your best working weight then increase with good judgement from there. Be conservative with your increases the first virtual competition. I think this is my 4th or 5th and I'm just now getting comfortable with judging my jumps based on how each attempt feels.

I agree, if you can get a spotter so much the better.

There are also some 1RM calculators on the web. Haven't actually tried them out yet, so I can't say for sure how well they estimate based on current lifting levels.

Yessss!!!! [EXCLAMATION POINTS]

Just found this thread, I'll get it done next week.

I've really neglected my squat and more so deadlift since SSS (and ran/walked a marathon) so no PRs but that won't stop me from competing.

Projection :

Bench 250 (15lb PR)

Squat 270 (15lb below PR)

deadlift 365 (40lb below PR)

Bodyweight 175 (5lb PR :P)

I'm also finally getting close to a BW OHP but I don't think it'll be there in time

YAY

good job buddy.  

I'm going to suck donkey balls at this- but I'm totally going to try next week after I recoup from all this drastic cutting- I'm in terrible shape this week.  :/

Is anyone else going to do all 6 lifts?

(Squat, bench, deadlift, snatch, clean, OHP)

Or will I be the only one again? easiest first place ever?

I'd like to. But I don't think my CF gym will allow me to do this there. 

baw ha ha ha ha ha

that's awesome- I totally needed a smile.  I'm dragging ass so badly today.  LOL- awesome.

(LOL I tried to do front squats yesterday- I was running on about 20 grams of carbs and only 900 calories anyway- and sweet jesus.  It was comical) so yeah- my attemps for this- it's going to be rough.

I'm going to see if two or three of the girls near me want to come lift up here with me for this. I think it would be fun to have a mini get together!

baw ha ha ha ha ha

that's awesome- I totally needed a smile.  I'm dragging ass so badly today.  LOL- awesome.

(LOL I tried to do front squats yesterday- I was running on about 20 grams of carbs and only 900 calories anyway- and sweet jesus.  It was comical) so yeah- my attemps for this- it's going to be rough.

I'm going to see if two or three of the girls near me want to come lift up here with me for this. I think it would be fun to have a mini get together!

Lifting meetups become addicting, don't they :) 

i want to test, but it's probably not a good idea... soooooo. january it is.

Not a good idea because of an injury or because you haven't been lifting?

If it's the latter, that's where my deadlift is so I'll just be going for a moderately heavy single instead of truly maxing out.

I think I need to take an entire challenge to work on form before I'd be comfortable. Plus, I just started benching again and I'm not putting a measly bench up against respectable squat and deadlift. Wilks hurts when you're obese.

I think I need to take an entire challenge to work on form before I'd be comfortable. Plus, I just started benching again and I'm not putting a measly bench up against respectable squat and deadlift. Wilks hurts when you're obese.

i want to test, but it's probably not a good idea... soooooo. january it is.

Dudes, I just started lifting 7 weeks ago. I'm going to give the challenge a try despite how hilariously weak my numbers will be. If you do it each time, you can at least track how you're progressing over a large segment of time, rather than the week-by-week, "I'm a little stronger this week... whoops, nope, now I'm tired this week."

Wilks is a killer for sure, stupid tiny people with all of their leverage advantages and light weights...  

Also, I've been meaning to throw this your way and keep forgetting, you may have seen it already (Even if you have, it deserves to be in every thread).  

9728830442_1650c60d45.jpg

Dudes, I just started lifting 7 weeks ago. I'm going to give the challenge a try despite how hilariously weak my numbers will be. If you do it each time, you can at least track how you're progressing over a large segment of time, rather than the week-by-week, "I'm a little stronger this week... whoops, nope, now I'm tired this week."

Yeah, that's the real spirit of lifting for me, not comparing my numbers to others, but my numbers to my older numbers.  And then later rubbing it in peoples faces when I find out I'm stronger than them.  

Wilks is a killer for sure, stupid tiny people with all of their leverage advantages and light weights...  

Also, I've been meaning to throw this your way and keep forgetting, you may have seen it already (Even if you have, it deserves to be in every thread).  

9728830442_1650c60d45.jpg

I HAD NOT SEEN THAT! I did look around a bit for something like it though. I may just have to appropriate that image for my pic on here.

The only reason I had the DL champ title was 1) i weight less than Gainsdalf, 2) SwoleTroll decided to sit out 3) spezzy sat out as well. 

I heart wilks in this one instance. 

Wilks is my only hope of coming in not dead last.  Tomorrow's the big day...

*de-lurk*

Thanks to a sub on Gainsdalf's challenge thread. I found out about the Brawl before it was over. I'm in with no bench. Expect my piss poor numbers in on Monday the 17th. 

The only reason I had the DL champ title was 1) i weight less than Gainsdalf, 2) SwoleTroll decided to sit out 3) spezzy sat out as well. 

I heart wilks in this one instance. 

This is the fire in my gut for losing 20-30 lb after my competition.

This is the fire in my gut for losing 20-30 lb after my competition.

But being able to clean and jerk a Gainsdalf is the fire in my gut to get stronger. 

We seem to have competing goals when it comes to your weight :)