• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Woohoo!

That's what I suspected.

Last time I just did a full warm up before I started. By the time I got to deadlifts I needed more but I didn't because I had it in my head that I wasn't allowed to.

Also, exjamieus: your excitement is jumping out of your posts. It makes me excited for you. :)

Woohoo!

That's what I suspected.

Last time I just did a full warm up before I started. By the time I got to deadlifts I needed more but I didn't because I had it in my head that I wasn't allowed to.

Also, exjamieus: your excitement is jumping out of your posts. It makes me excited for you. :)

Thanks buddy! I'm straight up legit excited. Did you SEE those #?!!

My numbers may not look like much to the rest of you badasses, but since SSS, I've added 10lbs to my squat (really happy with this, given back injury flare-ups the last few months), 35lbs to my deadlift(!!) and 20lbs to my bench.  I'm with mgage--I definitely have a new long-term goal for my challenges from here to January!

My numbers may not look like much to the rest of you badasses, but since SSS, I've added 10lbs to my squat (really happy with this, given back injury flare-ups the last few months), 35lbs to my deadlift(!!) and 20lbs to my bench. I'm with mgage--I definitely have a new long-term goal for my challenges from here to January!

These comps are mostly about competition with yourself, don't worry about others. Use them for a target, motivation, but the real competition is within. Adding 65 lb to your total in 4 months is awesome!

These comps are mostly about competition with yourself, don't worry about others. Use them for a target, motivation, but the real competition is within. Adding 65 lb to your total in 4 months is awesome!

One day, when I grow up?  I want to be strong like Spezzy.

That is all.

And thanks.  :)

Hey guys, I've copied this over from my challenge thread :)

I was aiming for higher on all my lifts, especially my squats. I managed a 50kg squat, and then went for a 55, which I actually got just fine about a week ago. I got stuck in the hole, had to sit down and dump the bar backwards. The moment of 'Oh shit, I'm stuck under 55kg' was a bit scary, and then I was so disappointed that I didn't make the lift. I didn't have the hear to try again. My goal was a 60kg 1RM  :(

Dead-lifting I managed a 65kg, couldn't get the 70 off the ground. It feels like my knees are letting me down here (as in they're not strong enough), so I'm going to reincorporate lunges into my routine as an accessory move.

Bench-press I did a 35, and wanted a 37, but after my squat failure, I wasn't brave enough to get the bar low enough to qualify. 

Ok, now lets compare these numbers to the Spring Strength Showdown.

Then:                                        Now:                            Increase:

Squat                                        30                                              50                                 20kg

Deadlift                                     45                                              65                                 20kg

Benchpress                               20                                              35                                15kg

So actually, in 4 months, that's a lot of weight to add. So, while I'm disappointed with today's specific performance, I am very pleased with my overall progress  :)

Hey guys, I've copied this over from my challenge thread :)

I was aiming for higher on all my lifts, especially my squats. I managed a 50kg squat, and then went for a 55, which I actually got just fine about a week ago. I got stuck in the hole, had to sit down and dump the bar backwards. The moment of 'Oh shit, I'm stuck under 55kg' was a bit scary, and then I was so disappointed that I didn't make the lift. I didn't have the hear to try again. My goal was a 60kg 1RM  :(

Dead-lifting I managed a 65kg, couldn't get the 70 off the ground. It feels like my knees are letting me down here (as in they're not strong enough), so I'm going to reincorporate lunges into my routine as an accessory move.

Bench-press I did a 35, and wanted a 37, but after my squat failure, I wasn't brave enough to get the bar low enough to qualify. 

Ok, now lets compare these numbers to the Spring Strength Showdown.

Then:                                        Now:                            Increase:

Squat                                        30                                              50                                 20kg

Deadlift                                     45                                              65                                 20kg

Benchpress                               20                                              35                                15kg

So actually, in 4 months, that's a lot of weight to add. So, while I'm disappointed with today's specific performance, I am very pleased with my overall progress  :)

Well done on the progress! that is definitely improvements! Sucks about the squat - I had to do the roll of shame with my 40kg bench during my attempts for this. 

Results: (in lbs)

BW - 173

Squat - 285 (+5 pr)

Bench - 255 (+20)

Deadlift - 375 (30 below pr)

OHP - 175 (+10 pr)

C&J - 185 (+10 pr)

Snatch - 125 (old pr)

All squeezed in in 2 hours

Since SSS in May I haven't trained my squat much and I only deadlifted about 2 times so I was happy with my squat and not unhappy with my deadlift.

My bench and OHP will have me excited for the rest of the week.

And now I will enjoy my spot on bench until I'm knocked off...

:(

I have injured my heel (rusty nail DO NOT WANT) and can't load one leg, so I'll have to pass.   :(

Ok, I don't know what crazy squat program you're on, but I don't think it should involve rusty nails.

Grats on all the lifting, you guys!

Obviously sitting/sat this one out since I haven't been to the gym in....uhhh....like a while. I don't even know how long. At least a month.

Jamie - you are making me jealous with your numbers!

i'll put the video up later but here's what i done got:

150kg squat (5kg PR, A2G, should really work on only getting to parallel...)

107.5kg Bench (SSS was 110kg but i properly paused this time)

195kg Deadlift (15kg PR!!!!!!!!!!!! with a slightly tired back (which is knackered now :tongue:))

and do you all know what that means? if i'd made that damn 110kg bench i'd be in the 1000lb club!!!!!!!!! motha frickin RAGE FACE!!!!!!!! 4.5 lbs off a serious milestone, ah well only Gainsdalf is beating me, apart from in bench (grrrr Phylanx).

i'm pretty happy with it all tbh, when i did the 180kg deadlift (old PR for those that can't do maths ;)) it was obscenely easy, 1 a minute 85-90% 1RM deadlifts AAAAALLLLLL the way :D

So close to 1000! Great job Timmy M.

...apart from in bench (grrrr Phylanx).

who me? Hehe...

I'm enjoying the top bench spot but I keep waiting for one of the bigger benchers to come in and blow it away.

I also think that It's hillarious that Seth beat me in the big 4 with an OHP of zero.

So close to 1000! Great job Timmy M....apart from in bench (grrrr Phylanx).who me? Hehe...

I'm enjoying the top bench spot but I keep waiting for one of the bigger benchers to come in and blow it away.

I also think that It's hillarious that Seth beat me in the big 4 with an OHP of zero.

You have till Saturday.

Sent from my SCH-I925 using Tapatalk 4