• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Well, I was actually proud of myself until Wilks factored in. So yeah, nowhere to go but up. Literally.

09/18/2013

Squats: 155, 185, 225

Bench: 115, 135, 155

Deadlift: 225, 245, 265

You have till Saturday.Sent from my SCH-I925 using Tapatalk 4

dun dun duuuhn.

Well, I was actually proud of myself until Wilks factored in. So yeah, nowhere to go but up. Literally.

be proud regardless. You competed, you (hopedully) had a good time, and now you have concrete numbers to beat next time.

09/18/2013

Squats: 155, 185, 225

Bench: 115, 135, 155

Deadlift: 225, 245, 265

These are very good first time numbers.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4

Hehe, you're not going to tell me then?

Pat G? Cory D? Ving Rhames?

Pat G is still 100% Pat G. Golden Aussie underachiever. 

Put my numbers from Monday up, basically what I expected. 

Squat: 100kg, 105kg, 110kg 

Dead lift: 160kg, 170kg, 180kg

Bench: no go. 

it's good for filming but the benches are weak (you can see the verticals wobble after re-racking) and the rack doesn't fit the bars properly (easy to clip the plates when you walk out, did that with first go at 150kg but put it right back), i prefer the gym i usually go to, i only went to this one to test maxes with a friend (who's got 15kg on me and matched me on squat (i went deeper ;)), beat me on bench and i absolutely destroyed him on deadlifts :tongue:

done.  videos to follow.  Totally forgot to do the overhead press.  Will do that tonight or tomorrow just to see what I can do.

Squat 385, 395, 405 (pr)

Bench 345, 355, 365 (pr)

Dead lift 405, 425F, 425F

The dead lift failure does not really surprise me as I have not done much with my legs the last few months as I've worked through the knee issues.  Didn't even get the 425 off the ground (429 is my PR)

i ain't happy with you wildross... just so you know, i was quite content being top 3 in everything until YOU came along! 2 points on my squat! *grumble grumble hip grumble grumble ohp>bench grumble grumble grrrrrrr*

P.S. your bench is truly obecene 

You have till Saturday. Sent from my SCH-I925 using Tapatalk 4

from the original post

The competition will be held from September 7th to September 22nd.

isn't the 22nd tomorrow?  Because I was planning on my lift being tomorrow. 

dear god- you have a 3 plate squat- I'm pretty sure I don't.... I was hoping to hit a 300 dead lift- but I'm not holding my breath.  you're fine- I'm sure. I had a shitty lifting summer- that whole- epic deficit all summer long thing LOL hard to get stronger when you are essentially starving yourself. 

from the original post

isn't the 22nd tomorrow?  Because I was planning on my lift being tomorrow. 

I meant he had til Saturday to be in first place, cause that was when I was going to do mine (and pass him).

dear god- you have a 3 plate squat- I'm pretty sure I don't.... I was hoping to hit a 300 dead lift- but I'm not holding my breath.  you're fine- I'm sure. I had a shitty lifting summer- that whole- epic deficit all summer long thing LOL hard to get stronger when you are essentially starving yourself. 

I'd better be... tbh my squat should of shifted a bit more but with that ol' hip injury flaring up again it can be tricky, and i've occasionally starved myself too, intermittent fasting through lazyness :tongue: managed to stay the same weight, get a tad leaner and somehow get 15kg on my deadlift! as i said 85-90% deads on the minute for 20-25 reps rocks all kinds of socks :D

i've got the feeling its mainly my quads letting me down on most things (that and i hardly ever bench) so heavy ass front squats and widowmaker back squats are in order for the next few months, i might even bench a bit :P

I meant he had til Saturday to be in first place, cause that was when I was going to do mine (and pass him).

Ahhhhh Werd. Makes sense now. I c. I. C.

Timmy I feel your pain my bench is going to wildly atrocious. I almost just want to scratch it except for as woman mine is usually respectable and I wear to complete the whole deal. I'm pumped about dead lifts though I'm really excited to see what I can do. Kept it light at the gym today and dancing tonight... Fully intended to kill it tomorrow!

You have till Saturday.

isn't the 22nd tomorrow? Because I was planning on my lift being tomorrow.

He was saying that I had until Sat to enjoy the top bench spot because that was when he was going to crush it (which he did).

*edit* I was beat to the punch :P

sigh

well I did it

that wasn't pretty.... at all.  I have a lot of F's on my book.  and my stabbing migraine isn't ANY better after the workout. 

weighing in at a solid 162.2

Squat: Wilkes 80.75

185 Lbs, 205 F 205 F

83.9 Kg 92.8 F, 92.8 F

Bench: Wilkes 74.2

LBS: 160, 180 F, 170

KG: 72.5, 81.6 F, 77.1

Dead Lift: Wilkes 124.4

LBS 275, 295 F, 285 (pr)

KG 124.7, 133.8 F, 129.27

Wilkes Total: 279.35 

fucking 300 is massively elluding me- 295 hovered off the floor but I couldn't even get it OFF the floor for real- i twas up- but it wasn't off.  I tried to video my 285 attempt- because I was TOTALLY rocking my superman Dunda-dun's

Mildly annoyed with bench- exactly where I was in May- but considering I have a fracked up elbow- and I haven't done ANY benching in the last 2 months- that's not too shabby.

Squat I almost had- everyone thought I had the second attempt- including your's truly- except my vision went a little fussy 3/4 of the way up... and I fought and fought- then sat back down.  I would have cleared 190 or 195 no problem... damn pride getting the best of me. 

I shall post a picture of my dunda-dun's later!

j-lo  Way to work through the pain.

Videos

Squat 385#

Squat 395#

Squat 405#

Bench 345#

Bench 355#

Bench 365#really thought about doing 375#, but decided a 20# pr was enough.  This felt very solid and "easy"

Deadlift 405#

Deadlift 425# fail (nothing to see here)

Deadlift 425# fail (or here).  The guy next to me was doing 365# rack pulls and commented that it "Just isn't happening today"...

Then I forgot about the over head press and went home.

try that 1 a minute deadlift singles thing i mentioned I-Jo, my fail point is just off the floor, so lots of 85-90% singles off the floor helped me

lol i did the same wildross, too much of a high from the 195kg :P and my mates were leaving (they'd only stayed for the deadlift attempts)

I've been doing a LOT of high volume super low reps... Not with the reduced break so much but hitting a lot of high numbers and it made a huge difference so I'm definitely willing to give it a go. I should have tried to give myself a go at front squats since that's been my focus the last two months. I hit 150/155 two weeks ago in that so would have been fun to see. Sad my back squat was only thirty extra pounds from my front. Oh well. Better luck next time!

Proud of us for hauling some serious weight around!