Baby Announcement/Miss Me?

Hey gang!

Man, have I missed being on here daily over the last several weeks. I hope all is well with my Rebel brothers and sisters. Speaking of family, if you didn't know why I was gone (or maybe didn't even notice my absence) I took the current challenge off to focus on my family. My wife was in the final stages of pregnancy, and I needed to focus on taking care of her, our 3 yr old, and the house. 

Well, we had the baby this week. Daniel Kelly McCarthy was born at 1:58pm CSTon 8/19/2013. A whole 19 1/2 and 6lbs 11oz. He and mommy were released from the hospital yesterday, and are both doing great! I am one proud nerd daddy!

So, now what? Back into the trenches I go! And this time, I have a new partner. My wife is going to work really hard to take the baby weight off and reach an all new level of health for herself. This makes me very happy. I have told her all about the awesome community we have here, and how stellar the ladies in particular are.

From a fitness stand point, I haven't done much noteworthy. I have really slacked on my resistance, but I have been running like a fiend. Last Friday, I ran 10 miles at a 7:10/mile pace. That will have me pretty set endurance-wise for the Tough Mudder next month, but I am ready to get back to lifting heavy things!

Hope all is well with everybody!

Spider-Dan

post-12885-0-57452500-1377207118_thumb.j

post-12885-0-57452500-1377207118_thumb.j

Level 8 Half-Elven Ninja (3 Assassin/5 Monk)

[sTR 15.5] [DEX 13] [CON 10] [sTA 13] [WIS 19] [CHA 9]

"With great power there must also come great responsibility" - Amazing Fantasy #15

"Pressure makes diamonds." - Gen. George S. Patton

about.me/daniel.mccarthy Follow my blog