The cake is a lie, but the pie is ok.

Hello all!

I've just spent the last four hours reading everything on NF.com, clicking so many links and so many tabs my poor browser looked like an address book. Anyway!

I am 28, female, live in the PNW and dear gods I've gotten a little chunky. I was in the Army for a good while (4 years) but was medically discharged for getting blown up. With the insuing nerve damage down my right side, I came home and immediately sat on the couch for a year. Then came the depression, survivor's guilt, lack of motivation and the complete and utter lack of understanding in my family- it was a wonder I didn't just drive off a cliff.

So, instead of my regular muscular and curvy frame (always high energy, always doing something active) I'm now at 150lbs at 5'3" with 29% body fat. In my prime (pre-explosion) I was 150lbs, but 18-20% body fat. I don't neccesarily get back to THOSE numbers, as I was looking quite blocky and... well I had a very manly jaw. I build muscle in my shoulders, arms and chest really easily, so I really just want to keep my curves but lose the extra fat. (Ideally, I'd like to hit 135ish with some minor muscle definition in my arms and stomach)

I love the energy on this site, I love the idea that a nerd like me can use her love of science and logic to drop weight and gain back muscle, and looking around, I don't see many of those "body shredder" types that I've begun to fear.

I totally plan on entering the next 6 week challange, and as soon as my disability payment comes in (yeah... it's sad but it's what I live on) I'll pick up the guides. I am super stoked. Hopefully this kind of place will be the extra kick in the ass that I need.

"I aim to misbehave." ~~ Operation: SuckerPunch is a go 28AUG2013

Thanks!  I've been trying to narrow down my "must reads" by key words.  As much as the science of nutrtion and how our bodies react to foodstuffs/fats/etc I am trying to stick to basic work outs, working out around chronic injuries, and getting the biggest bang for my "buck" as it were.

I also wish you the best of health and hope you continue to find good experiences here!

"I aim to misbehave." ~~ Operation: SuckerPunch is a go 28AUG2013