I'm Not Here To Make Friends

I am not AWAKE enough at 6:00am to be social. That being said, by the time I'm done it's nice to connect with the regular crowd in the locker room. Everyone is friendly & chatty but we're also all trying to get ready for work so there's not lounging. For working out at a university gym there's very little chatter in the morning...probably because it's mostly staff/faculty at 6:00am and almost no students. However the few times I've tried to go in the afternoon/weekends it's brutal. I was running on a treadmill one afternoon & two girls stood on the treadmills next to me chatting. They were there for my last 15 mins and never turned them on! Lunch isn't QUITE as bad but it's definitely more social focused than the mornings.

• Human Adventurer

Level 0

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality" - Jules De Gallier

I belong to one of those chain, big-box gyms, and it varies by both time and location - at the one I visit most frequently, between the horrible music and the chatter, it all becomes white noise to me after a while, though I keep promising myself I'll get a new ipod. The only time chatter's been especially annoying is when I hear other people complain about the "type" of people at the gym. ex: it was mid-morning at the gym and I overheard two young ladies have an extended conversation about how gross it was that a heavy lady was using the treadmill. I couldn't take it after a while and said, "yeah, if only there was, I don't know, a place she could go to try and get healthier". They shot me daggers but left soon thereafter. Was worth it.

Also, I would totally join "Shut Up and Sweat"!

Luckily, I avoid the rushes of people during the busy times at my gym, because I generally hit the gym before work at 4, and there are not many other people that get the hours of 2-4 off from their work. I see a couple other bartenders though, and the Savannah Fire Dept comes in something's, but in the time I've been there, there has never been more than 12 people in the gym. Which is awesome.

200lbs is always 200lbs.

Fitocracy

Blog

Portfolio