Found out about this from another gamer from TOG.

Hi my name is Jason, 37 yrs old and I had Nerdfitness bookmarked for couple of weeks from a link a Togger friend provided on my gaming guild that I've been involved with since 2004. After being depressed and feeling frustrated at how MMO gaming in particular has been affecting my well being I decided to stop playing MMO games and removed them off my computer. I have a fitness and outdoors background for atleast 20 years of my life before I even starting getting involved with computers or console gaming. Started gaming about 1997 with PC Lan meets etc and playing playstation, snes and megadrive for couple of years. Have an xbox and xbox 360 at home, but haven't played them for many years. I play games on the pc instead.

I have a girlfriend that I love dearly and want her to see the old me back in 2009 when we first met when I was 70kg and looking like a fitness trainer. I'm 5ft 6 male. Atm I'm probably 95-100kg. My left knee is having slight discomfort because of carrying the extra load. I used to play lots of sports every day in high school. I used to play club football, athletics, volleyball and stopped in my mid 20's. I don't know what guild I should join, but here are my desires with physical training and health:

Cross country type running (10km max) Used to be in the top 3 for school runs, but would never win them.

Sprinting: This was my specialty in high school (100-200m) Relays 4x100m state championships.

Hiking/bike riding and canoe: Love to see the outdoors and it's peaceful also.

Stress relief: I want to find a healthy activity to help me with battling stress. I've been told Yoga, but I've never taken the chance with it.

Weights: Used to be involved with gym 5-6 years ago, but I really would rather keep it light-medium range not heavy as I want to keep my stamina plus have high strength also and try to get my flexibility back and not feel like the hulk walking around :) (forgot to mention I'm actually keen on trying the Calisthenics down at the nearby park instead of gym)

Budget: Still trying to get new job atm. Am currently doing 1 day a week traineeship course and can't afford to join a gym and also on a tight budget for new diet.

Hoping to hear good positive feedback from others here and want to turn my life around for good.

I've got this so far from researching as a handy park training video:

"It doesn't matter where you come from, only where you're going" rule no1 of the rebellion.

Don't worry about getting the old you back.. Focus on a new you better than you've ever been :)

Many of your goals start with "used to be.." Don't use the old you as a goal, use your current abilities as your starting point and every time you get faster or stronger its still progress in the right direction, even if its still way below what you were originally capable of doing way back when.

Welcome and good luck :)

you don't have to get rid of your old self exactly, you could look at it as if your evolving and taking a new step into becoming a new you, and gaining more life experience as you go on. 

level 2 Assassin
STR 8|DEX 5|STA 2|CON 3.5|WIS 8|CHA 2

-=-The possibility or likelihood of some future event occurring.-=-

#1 : http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/33498-prospects-voyage/