Food addict/possible BED

Hello! I want to lose weight and have failed miserably so far...I have started exercising recently to get into shape for dance classes that I will be starting soon. Since then, I have had trouble with cravings and have started overeating and occasionally binging in secret and hiding food. I was wondering if anyone else has ever had this issue with food and how they have been able to overcome it.

P.S. I live with my parents; I have made several attempts to clean up my diet but we buy nothing but bread it seems like. I am moving soon so hopefully having more control over what I buy will help, but until then I'm stuck

I've had problems with binging before and there are plenty of ways to combat this. As soon as you can get your own food I recommend buying things like Zevia (a soda made from stevia so it's sweet and has no sugar my personal favourite is Dr zevia)  which you can find in hy vee health food section and while you're there you can get plenty of food that is gluten free that might curb your grain craving. If you have problems with hunger I would recommend finding a favourite kind of natural peanut butter (or any other nut you prefer I usually get almond butter) and vegetable to eat it with after a couple bites you won't feel hungry anymore.

Eating more real food was the only thing that stopped me from binging on junk food. That meant planning meals better, cooking more, and making sure I was eating enough good food at meals so that I wasn't hungry later. Don't feel bad that your hungrier now that you've been exercising. Your body is building muscle and needs fuel to keep up with your increased activity level. The best thing you can do for it is feed it protein. Fruit on the bottom greek yogurt is a good thing to have around if you don't have a lot of control over what kind of food is in the house. Chobani and Liberte are my favorites right now and I binge buy them when they go on sale for a dollar at Kroger. Good luck!

PaNtInApRoViNa

level 2 Halfling warrior

STR 4.5 | DEX 4.25 | STA 3.5 | CON 12.5 | WIS 3.75 | CHA 2

Fitocracy