Makhal Tracks his Working Out, Meditation, and Boozing!

So yes my name is Makhal, and I'm an alcoholic.  One of these statements is true and I came up with my username today!

I love boozing, and I don't plan on stopping AT ALL.  But I certainly plan on cutting back as this body and mind don't necessarily like improving themselves in the depths of an evil hangover.  (I am all about climbing, wrestling and arm wrestling drunk though)

Where do we begin..ah yes!  I am:

• 135 LB
  • 5' 11"
  • A lot more things  

So here's where I'm at already over the last couple days, to make this even more painful if I fail.  (WHICH I WON'T *glares menacingly*)

03/09

04/09

• 30 Minutes Interval Training on the Stationary Bike While Watching VIKINGS!
  • 2 Beers with Sean because he's my friend and I like to drink with my friends :)

Tonight's Plan:  Either the Playground Workout, The Batman Workout, The Road Warrior Workout, Beers with my friend Burke (because he's my friend), or one of said workouts AND beers with Burke!  

Wish me luck fellow rebels!!!!

Human-Dark Elf

Globetrotting Gypsy / Loose Cannon Neo-Sorcerer / Aspiring Assassin 

Daily Battle Log   |   Current Challenge

There is no struggle too vast. No odds too overwhelming for even should we fail, should we fall. We will know that we have lived. - Anomander Rake

09/05

• Smashed out a 10 rep circuit of the Road Warrior Workout
  • A big ol' set of body weight squats
  • Did NOT drink beers with Burke

I'm fairly happy about all this, so I just might have to run some serious Skyrim or BioShock for a bit. Woot!

Human-Dark Elf

There is no struggle too vast. No odds too overwhelming for even should we fail, should we fall. We will know that we have lived. - Anomander Rake

06/09

• 20 Minute High-intensity interval training (HIIT) Session on stationary bike...Jesus..

​But it's Friday uh-ohh.  

And it's Ribfest down at the lake in my hometown, UH-OHHH

There's a Beer Tent and Good Friends goingUH-OHHH!

Better sort out my Alcohol Mathematics!  http://nerdfitnessrebellion.com/index.php?/topic/36097-alcohol-mathematics/

Human-Dark Elf

Okay, so I was right about Ribfest on Friday and 2 days later:  

• It's 3:15 PM on Sunday I've only been up for an hour and
  • I'm sitting here sore all over, moving like an old man.  
  • I don't have a wallet anymore

My friends and I managed to absolutely destroy all sorts of booze while arm wrestling and actual wrestling all over the show.  There was lots of fun and a bit of blood.  Anyways, here we are, there will be no body weight circuits for me today and doubts on the HIIT/Cardio.  

So, what's the plan other than Breaking Bad and Boardwalk Empire tonight?  

6 Week Challenge Preparation!  Wooot!

Human-Dark Elf

09/10

Not much going on today

Managed to get out for

• 2km run with my buddy Sean!

Human-Dark Elf

TODAY is big and fat.  Because today is the day that I start eating loads of food.  Yeah that's right, I've taken advice from as many people as I can and some say to wait and some say go for it.  But what I haven't been telling people is:  I might be a skinnyfat dude, but I'm also crazy in shape for what it is I do.  I'm a farm worker and I do all sorts of crazy physical work all the time.  Plus I destroy my bigger friends in all sorts of physical competition (arm wrestles, grappling).

So I've decided, fuck-it I'm going to try to clean up my diet. 

• Completely cut out chips, pop, and all that crap
  • Limit my boozing to once a week

I'm strength training 3x-4x a week, and doing HIIT 2x-3x a week, with some lighter cardio scattered here and there.

That's more working out than I've ever done before and sure it doesn't look like much in bullet form, but the Road Warrior Circuit I've been doing I can barely stand after completing, and same goes for the HIIT.  

So yeah, let's see if I can't bulk up at all this month yo!

Tonight

• 2 Road Warrior Circuits
  • A bunch of squats (was breathing pretty heavy, didn't really keep track but it was HARD)
  • 2 Sets of 3 Pullups within the circuits (I was horrified to see how far my ability with these had dropped, I used to be able to do a LOT more)

Either way, I'm happy let's see how I do two days from now!!!!

Human-Dark Elf

jesus, man! rib-fest? farm work?? boozed-up and bloody wrestling?! sounds like you've got this whole life thing figured out pretty damn well. i am jealous of at least two of the things in this list, but i'll let you guess which two.   ;) 
i can't wait to see how your first six week challenge goes! i'm still reeling from the last one, i'm not sure if i'm up for another alredy. then again, i don't want to slow down and have a hard time getting back up to speed later... anyway, it's also cool that you're already keeping yourself accountable with this thread. good for you!
be sure to track your progess with vigilance! weight, measurements, and picture are all your friends.
keep posting, friend!  :encouragement:

level 4 elf ranger
STR | 6    DEX | 5    STA | 6    CON | 4    WIS | 4    CHA | 8

Hey dude thanks for the support/encouragement I really did not expect to see posts from anybody other than me on this thread!  

As for that mad Friday night that never seemed to end..yeah, we're generally all lifetime members of the too-much-fun club, it gets pretty wild.  You should come out sometime there's no need to be jealous of the boozed up wrestling, just get involved, you know you want to!   :playful:

I've gotta track down your 6 week challenge stuff, it sounds like you owned it, respect yo! *props*  Can't wait to get involved in the next one, this whole accountability thing is a real guilt trip if you fuck up eh?!

I'm definitely going to get some pictures with weight and measurements posted in time, I only want to get my current shots up when they can be classified as 'Before pictures'.  Right now I've got the body of an 80's rock star, which generally means I'm a rake with next to no definition.  In the meantime I'm only posting pictures of me at my current size that make me look cooler than that 80's rock star!

post-21608-0-45566200-1378869923_thumb.j

Human-Dark Elf

Nothin' huge going on today, managed to avoid a random concert in Toronto but became near suicidally bored, so made plans to hit up an open mic night.  Will Makhal manage to keep to his 2 pint limit or will this turn into an absolute shitshow?  Next time on the Drunken Amateur!  

• 20 Minutes of HIIT
  • Looks like 2 Pints at Open Mic Tonight at the Thirsty Monk! :o

Shit, never hit post.  WELL, in that case!  I'm back from the Thirsty Monk after having only 2 Pints, I might smoke myself a lovely joint, eat a burger, maybe some curry and watch some Sons Of Anarchy / Orange is the New Black.   

Well done S- I mean Makhal!!

Human-Dark Elf

Literally CHEWING, trying to power down Steve's patented Calorie Bomb Smoothie.  Jesus, oats much!?!?!

So I've seen a lot of talk about the Batman Workout and checked it out a few times.  It kinda seemed easy to me but I figured I'd give Part 1 a shot tonight.  Holy fuck was I wrong!  

I can crank out a fair number of regular push-ups okay, even a few good sets of incline push-ups.  What the hell is going on with these Side to Side push-ups?  They kicked the shit out of me, and then after the pull up tucks (I did quite well for myself I'd say) came the head stand push-ups (feet on the ground all retarded like) and those destroyed me too.  

I'm glad to have just made it through the three circuits.  I think I'll be sticking with this Bruce Wayne malarkey for a little while.

post-21608-0-14228700-1379039822_thumb.j

Human-Dark Elf

It's Sunday so chillin but eating a lot (might actually meet my ridiculous 3300 calorie goal), and Saturday was chill too but got in LOTS of calories over 3300 (but some bullshit calories in there), and Friday was the last workout:  

• 2.5-3 Circuits of the Road Warrior Workout

Wednesday was:

• 3 Circuits of BATMAN

And Monday and Tuesday were write offs. 

Okay so back to today, Breaking Bad party time :-D

By the way I started at 61 KG and I'm like 5'11"

Think I'm at 62kg now.  Kinda shit as I started before the Challenge began, but I think I'm doing better now.  Whateva' yo' this muthafucka ain't givin up

Human-Dark Elf

Sooooo ...YESTERDAY!!!

I was sitting pretty at a nice 63 kg!  Gangster right?  But yeah after work today I'm back at 62KG :(  Ohh friggin well, BUT alas the day is not over, so I reckon I'll shove a bunch of food and what not into my face and hope for the best.  Makes sense to me.  

Honestly, I've got a feeling with the workouts/diet I'm just getting fatter, but I don't really care.  The workouts kick the shit out of me as it is, so they've got to do be doing something right?  Worst comes to worst I get a bit of a gut, at the end of the 6 weeks, and then just work on cutting directly after the challenge.  (Some of that weight had to go into my muscles..at least a little bit....right?)

Well I bloody hope so.  Anyways, it was another

• Gruelling 3 sets of 5 reps Batman Workout yesterday,
  • And an off day today.  Maybe some HIIT with the gut paranoia?  I don't know, I work hard physically all day
  • Is this how you're supposed to use bullets?
  • :mushroom:

Human-Dark Elf

have you read the book Starting Strength? i purchased it when i thought that my 2nd six week challenge was going to be weight lifting related, but never actually read it after my plans changed.
anyway, it might be worth looking into if you ever have a free moment. [i know you're crazy busy and i don't want to pile more and more stuff up for you to do or anything. if you're having fun and feeling good, you're doing the right thing. if you're feeling frustrated and lost, you might want to do a little research, for the sake of your sanity and motivation.] from what i've gathered throughout the NF forums, however, i think you'll be ok if you don't do HIIT too terribly often, especially with the job that you have, and with wanting to build muscle. one of the first things i learned here is that you can't build muscle AND burn fat at the same time.
anyway, you're kicking ass, man! that Batman workout is tough shit!! haha i got exhausted just from watching the video instructions... so, all this to say, hang in there. it's not even half way through the challenge yet, and a lot of people don't start to visibly see results until well into the second half of the six weeks, so stay strong, and take heart! you are going in exactly the right direction, and you're bound to reap the fruits of your labor at some point.  :encouragement:

level 4 elf ranger

I might have to get a hold of Starting Strength when I can Hannah, you're probably onto something there.

Lately though I feel I've been rockin out pretty solid.  I haven't missed a workout yet, even though some of them crush me into oblivion and I can't get out as many reps as I'm going for.  It trips me out that these workouts only take like 15 minutes, so when I'm left laying in a sweaty heap on the floor it kind of reassures me that yes they actually do something and might make me bigga'  

I hope you're right though about the direction I'm taking Hannah, I feel good and like you say I'm having fun.  I'm up a bit of weight and I know I'm stronger, not seeing the mass so much but if I keep at it I'm sure I will soon.  Think I'm going to throw in some -high density- I think it's called.  All about fatiguing the muscles over many sets of many reps for mass.  Maybe Wednesday this week.  I dunno.

Hope you're doing well Hannah, your 6 week stuff looks awesome!  I'll check in on it after this :D

Human-Dark Elf

Sooo this week:

Wednesday 25th:

• 2-3 Circuits of my special Variation on the Road Warrior Circuit  (Pullups/Headstand Pushups added)

Friday 27th:

• Same deal but not sure I made it as far.  Caffeine before helped Wednesday

I know this all seems pretty vague but it kinda goes like this:

• 20 walk outs on hands
  • 20 Rotational Straight-Leg Deadlifts
  • 20 Headstand Pushups
  • 20 Warrior Lunges
  • 10-20 Pullup Tucks (About half with a half jump)
  • 20 Burpees
  • 1 Huge Collapse 

Human-Dark Elf

They're whack headstand pushups.  (Feet on the ground)  I can only get a couple upside down ones out like 2-4.  But on whisky I can almost do 10 sometimes.  Such a boozehound...

Human-Dark Elf

bahaha yes, whisky is a magical little thing, isn't it. [i'm a whisky girl, myself. with ginger, as a hot toddy, just straight up on the rocks - you put a glass of whisky in my hand and i'm happy.  ^_^ ] but regardless, i am still impressed with your pushups. haha my admiration can't be dissuaded that easily.

level 4 elf ranger