Grain-free apple crisp

Vian

Made this the other night and it's soooo good! I didn't measure anything when I made it, so I'm approximating measurements

5 medium apples (I used honeycrisp and gala. Use an apple with a bit of tartness)

2 teaspoons cinnamon

1/2 tsp. fresh ginger

1/4 tsp. nutmeg

1/4 tsp. mace

1/8 tsp. cloves

1/8 tsp. cardamom

1 heaping teaspoons arrowroot powder

1 tsp. lemon juice

Topping:

1 1/4-1 1/2 cups almond flour

1/2 cup sliced almonds

1/2 cup chopped pecans

1/4 tsp. salt

2 tbs. honey

2 tbs. butter or ghee

2 tbs. coconut oil

pre-heat the oven. I baked at 375 for about 30 minutes, if you cut your apples larger, you might have to cook your crisp longer at a lower temp, like 325 for 45-55 minutes

cut the apples however you like. I dice them so they cook faster. Toss them with the spices, lemon juice and arrowroot starch until evenly covered and place in a pie pan or small casserole dish. Mix all the ingredients for the topping until it's well mixed and forms kind of a paste or dough, then sprinkle over the apples and spread it out to cover them. Bake, then let cool for a little bit and serve warm with whipped cream or vanilla or butter pecan ice cream if you eat dairy.

"When I can no more stir my soul to move, and life is but the ashes of a fire; When I can but remember that my heart once used to live and love, long and aspire - O be thou then the first, the one thou art; Be thou the calling before all answering love, and in me wake hope, fear, boundless desire." - George MacDonald