Druids report thread

Sunmage

Druids!

It is time to reflect and report about this challenge. Post a summary here, grading yourselves on each of your goals on an A to F scale (see below). Then give yourselves an overall grade for the challenge.

You have until Sunday night 15th of September to post your wrap up to be considered for the win.

Check out this post for all challenge info and questions.

Grading Yourself and Awarding Attribute Points

At the end of the challenge, give yourself a grade on how you did achieving your goals. Then, based on how you did, award points. Partial points are allowed.

A - 100% B - 75% C - 50% D - 25% F - 0%

Here is a link for a chart to help with the math.

Remember to talk about your succeses. You are more likely to be picked as a nominee if you talk about how your chellenge went and what you learned. If you need examples look at the other guilds. If you need help feel free to ask!

Don't forget to log your success in the mini challenge!

Have an awesome time summarizing the amazing things you achieved during the challenge!

See you next time!

Fate whispers to the warrior: "You cannot withstand the storm."

The warrior whispers back:
 "
I am the storm."

Challenge summary:

Main Quest

Strength training twice a week.

A++

I did quite well on this one, though possibly due to doi less well on the low calories goal- therefore I had more hi calorie days allowing me to workout more!

Technically it averages out to 2.666 workouts a week

And I got my push ups back up to four sets of 25 (I actually do four slight variations on the push up) so I'm very happy with that.

Restricted caloric intake to average at 1500 a day.

Not so great on this one. Maybe a C?

Averaged out around 1800, so should have lost a little weight, but not grand amounts, but it's a start, and next time I can aim to beat 1800, maybe 1600?

Wheat (and starchy carbs) restriction to workout days.

Lol not even. I kinda did it but not really so I'll give a D.

A bit more effort clearly needs to be out into lining my starchy carbs up with workouts.

Life Quest

Meditation 30 minutes a day.

And other A++!

At 40 days there are only two days I've missed! That's 20 hours of meditation! Holy balls!

I'm super happy with this goal!

Now I just need to keep this habit going!

I don't know if I actually got much better at meditating yet, but I am definitely finding it easier to lay/sit in meditation for a half hour.

I guess my over all grade would be a low B

I skipped the mini challenges this time. With traveling around a fair few of them seemed impractical or irrelevant, but mostly I just wanted to focus on my main challenge and actually finish all the way through.

I've figured after this challenge that I really need to focus on my food habits! They aren't really that bad, but the challenges I'm not doing amazing in are my food challenges!

Level 4

Wood Elf Assassin

STR: 12| DEX: 2| STA: 2| CON: 7.75| WIS: 9| CHA: 5|

Current challenge:

Final Challenge Wrap-up 

Workout: 7/12 (C.)

Walking: 18/18 (A+.)

Yoga: 18/18 (A+.)

Diet: 34/42 (B.)

Goal 1: Eat like a Buddhist Monk Const +2 Char +3

So I get 75%, or ~1.5 Constitution and ~2 Charisma

Goal 2: Build strength, burn fat Str +3 Dex +1 Sta +1

I get...50% for strength (so 1.5), but will get 100%, 1 Dexterity and 1 Stamina for the walking

Goal 3: Get flexible Sta +2 Const +2 Cha +1

100% on this one -- 2 Constitution, 2 Stamina, and 2 Charisma

With the exception of the workout goal, I'm really happy with this challenge. I discovered that I really enjoy yoga, and it's really great exercise for my incredibly stiff and inflexible frame. Next challenge I will be expanding this and replacing standard workouts with some more strength-focused yoga. Walking at work has been great, and it shows that small changes make a big difference. Although I managed to stick with it, I think I will be abandoning the "monk" diet in favor of a simple moderation diet, as it's just too tricky to not eat during the day with so many family/work functions. 

And the best thing of all, I lost some serious pounds and inches!!! Check it out

Before Stats:
Weight: 212
Waist: 46"
Hips: 39.5"
R. Thigh: 26"
R. Bicep: 14"
Neck: 16"
Chest: 42.5" 

After Stats

Waist: 43.5"

Weight: 200.5 

Hips: 39.5"

R. Thigh: 25.75"

Bicep: 14"

Neck: 16"

Chest: 41.75"

I lost 11.5 pounds, 2.5 inches off my waist, and 3/4 inch off my chest! That's where I tend to carry my extra weight, so it was nice seeing it come off there first, instead of my legs, arms, neck etc. Even though I did pretty badly on the workout, I made really great progress towards better health and fitness, so I'm going to give myself an Overall rating of A-

Now I just need to keep this momentum going!  :onthego: 

Cave Dweller Druid, Level 4

STR: 5 | DEX: 5 | STA: 9 | CON: 10 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 8 Start:1/2/1/3/6/2

Main Quest - I originally wanted to complete this by this summer, but even after working out 5-6 days a week like a mad man, I see it is going to take quite a bit longer to complete this both mentally and physically.   My goal this summer was to be able to do a roundoff to back handspring and end with a backflip.  This goal is a major one for me and one that is going to take me a while to achieve.   Weighing less and having better upper body strength and conditioning is the only way I can think of that is going to get me to this goal which my sub goals are all about anyway.  Also having the guts to jump completely backwards and trust yourself that you will catch yourself and push yourself back up all spring loaded is quite the mental challenge and test of your own trust in yourself.  This I find to be an interesting goal also as this is a goal of an Assassin coming from a Yogi, so I am crossing some lines here, but I am a yogi at heart so I will still with the druids and may go flirt in the assassin area now and then.   

Goal #1

Drop down to 145 lbs.    Holding down around 152 - 155 lately and can see more belly that can still be worked off. Edit for Tracking - https://www.fitbit.c...r/23RZ4M/weight

Goal #2

Increase pull-ups from 2 to 10!  

Goal #3

I did it last time and really enjoyed it, so going to keep at it again this round.  Workout at least 5 days a week.  Yoga, Swimming, Running, Tai Chi, Kung Fu, TRX, OmGym, CrossFit, SUP Boarding, Snakeboarding, or Slacklining.

Life Quest - Obtain a new girlfriend.

Final Report

So that was my post of goals this round, now lets see what I did. 

On the Main quest line, I guess I have not done too much directly for it, but I did gain a friend that has the option to train me in such a way.  I had spoken about this gent that I had met while at an outdoor yoga event and found out the guy next to me is the Boston Celtics head cheer leading coach.   I just need to get in touch with him to get on this as he saw what I did via yoga that day and said I can do backhand springs no problem with what I am capable of.   Maybe I will email him today to try to line something up with that gent to push to that goal.   Though I should recover a bit more from all the workouts I have done recently and get back at least over 90% after the car accident I was in and currently got a cold so body is achy.    So that is some info directly pertaining to the main quest.  The sub quests that I have that directly reflect and help assist me in achieving that goal I did like a champ I think.   

I pushed myself in ways I did not know I had in me till I tried.   This past Friday night my hot water heater went haywire and my basement had 180 degree water steaming out of it.   At 2 AM, jumped barefoot first into the scalding almost boiling hot water to shut off the electric element literally cooking the bottom of my feet along the way as I jumped towards the toilet to stand on.  Got the element off still moaning and screaming a bit from the agonizing pain in my feet only realizing that I had to get back out still and shut off the water main as a secondary precaution to anything worse happening.   Jumped off the toilet back into the scorching hot water, screaming in pain once again, and back to dry ground.   By this time I was already breathing heavy and my feet had started to swell and were beat red.   I now know what it feels like to be a lobster.    The cold tile in the kitchen had never felt so good on my scorched feet.   They say people and humans can do amazing feats for their children if they are in danger.  The same can be said for a man and his house as it is my baby and my safe haven of shelter.  There is no doubt that I have poured blood, sweat, and tears into my home.   I mention this as it was the next day with blistered feet that I put on my booties and still went out to go paddleboarding for a full 4 hours and just worked through the pain.  

Goal #1 - Currently 149.2 this morning, but I did hit 145.8 on Aug 23rd achieving the target weight I was after.     A- for achieving, but down a bitty for not maintaining.

Goal #2 - Proof is in the pudding or video.    I swear that is me as not many men wear Lululemon underwear that I know of at least. ;)    A    An A+ would be for if I did not throw my legs up during #6,8,9, & 10.

Goal #3 - 42 days in the challenge.  I worked out 59 times in 42 days averaging over a single workout a day.   A+    Had only 9 days of not working out. 

Life Quest - Obtain a new girlfriend.   Well as not to jinx anything, but something has started to blossom between an old friend and I this past weekend.   Only time will tell, but we have been doing yoga and paddleboarding together for a few weeks now but so far so good.   :-)

Brain Droppings

This past weekend with my burned feet and what I did was an eye opener as to what I can accomplish should I push myself and try.   I thought right after I burned my feet that my weekend was gone, I was not going to be able to paddle, and I would be useless in my AcroYoga class.    Taped up my blistered toes with some moleskin and pushed through each day like it were my last and came out still in pain, but with a new sense of accomplishment of what I can achieve if I believe in myself and try.   I usually try to live by the philosophy of, I will try anything once and twice to make sure if I like it or not.   Guess I need to integrate this into many other aspects of life even if I have an injury as you never know what you can do until you try.   

All that is light and wonderful in me bows to all that is wonderful and light in each and every one of you.

~Namaste

200-Hour Yoga Teacher & Reiki II Practitioner

Level 2 Gnome Druid STR: 9 | DEX: 5 | STA: 5 | CON: 5 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 4

Challenge Progress  ||  Workout Progress  ||  FitBit

The problem with life is that there is no background music

Challenge Wrap Up

Overall Grade:  C+

Food Goal Result:  35/42 points--A--CON +3

Workout Goal Result:  25 workouts --A--STR+3, STA+3, DEX+3

Sleep Goal Result:  2/42 points--F--CON+0

Meditation Goal Result:  20/42 pts--C--WIS+0.5, CHA+0.5

Druid Mini Quest:  Great Druid Book of Yoga Poses WIS+1

Druid Mini Quest:  Welcome to Equestria CHA+1

Old Stats

Level 2 Lycan Adventurer

Intro (STR: 7.5 | DEX: 3 | STA: 8.75 | CON: 2.75 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 3.5)

New Stats

Level 3 Lycan Adventurer

Intro (STR: 10.5 | DEX: 6 | STA: 11.75 | CON: 5.75 | WIS: 9.5 | CHA: 5)

This is a quick summary.  For exhaustive details, read here:  http://nerdfitnessre...e-5#entry688204

Level 4 Lycan Adventurer

STR:  11.5 | DEX: 6.5 | STA: 12.75 | CON: 7.0 | WIS: 9.5 | CHA: 5

Intro & Challenge Summary

Challenges:   1  2  3  4  5  6 7

Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands - and then eat just one of the pieces.

Judith Viorst

I lost 11.5 pounds, 2.5 inches off my waist, and 3/4 inch off my chest! That's where I tend to carry my extra weight, so it was nice seeing it come off there first, instead of my legs, arms, neck etc. Even though I did pretty badly on the workout, I made really great progress towards better health and fitness, so I'm going to give myself an Overall rating of A-

Now I just need to keep this momentum going!  :onthego: 

Random Forum Guy, great job!  Every single workout is progress, and you're building habits.  Nice weight loss.

Level 4 Lycan Adventurer

Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands - and then eat just one of the pieces.

Judith Viorst

Final Report

So that was my post of goals this round, now lets see what I did. 

On the Main quest line, I guess I have not done too much directly for it, but I did gain a friend that has the option to train me in such a way.  I had spoken about this gent that I had met while at an outdoor yoga event and found out the guy next to me is the Boston Celtics head cheer leading coach.   I just need to get in touch with him to get on this as he saw what I did via yoga that day and said I can do backhand springs no problem with what I am capable of.   Maybe I will email him today to try to line something up with that gent to push to that goal.   Though I should recover a bit more from all the workouts I have done recently and get back at least over 90% after the car accident I was in and currently got a cold so body is achy.    So that is some info directly pertaining to the main quest.  The sub quests that I have that directly reflect and help assist me in achieving that goal I did like a champ I think.   

I pushed myself in ways I did not know I had in me till I tried.   This past Friday night my hot water heater went haywire and my basement had 180 degree water steaming out of it.   At 2 AM, jumped barefoot first into the scalding almost boiling hot water to shut off the electric element literally cooking the bottom of my feet along the way as I jumped towards the toilet to stand on.  Got the element off still moaning and screaming a bit from the agonizing pain in my feet only realizing that I had to get back out still and shut off the water main as a secondary precaution to anything worse happening.   Jumped off the toilet back into the scorching hot water, screaming in pain once again, and back to dry ground.   By this time I was already breathing heavy and my feet had started to swell and were beat red.   I now know what it feels like to be a lobster.    The cold tile in the kitchen had never felt so good on my scorched feet.   They say people and humans can do amazing feats for their children if they are in danger.  The same can be said for a man and his house as it is my baby and my safe haven of shelter.  There is no doubt that I have poured blood, sweat, and tears into my home.   I mention this as it was the next day with blistered feet that I put on my booties and still went out to go paddleboarding for a full 4 hours and just worked through the pain.  

Goal #1 - Currently 149.2 this morning, but I did hit 145.8 on Aug 23rd achieving the target weight I was after.     A- for achieving, but down a bitty for not maintaining.

Goal #2 - Proof is in the pudding or video.    I swear that is me as not many men wear Lululemon underwear that I know of at least. ;)    A    An A+ would be for if I did not throw my legs up during #6,8,9, & 10.

Goal #3 - 42 days in the challenge.  I worked out 59 times in 42 days averaging over a single workout a day.   A+    Had only 9 days of not working out. 

Life Quest - Obtain a new girlfriend.   Well as not to jinx anything, but something has started to blossom between an old friend and I this past weekend.   Only time will tell, but we have been doing yoga and paddleboarding together for a few weeks now but so far so good.   :-)

Brain Droppings

This past weekend with my burned feet and what I did was an eye opener as to what I can accomplish should I push myself and try.   I thought right after I burned my feet that my weekend was gone, I was not going to be able to paddle, and I would be useless in my AcroYoga class.    Taped up my blistered toes with some moleskin and pushed through each day like it were my last and came out still in pain, but with a new sense of accomplishment of what I can achieve if I believe in myself and try.   I usually try to live by the philosophy of, I will try anything once and twice to make sure if I like it or not.   Guess I need to integrate this into many other aspects of life even if I have an injury as you never know what you can do until you try.   

All that is light and wonderful in me bows to all that is wonderful and light in each and every one of you.

~Namaste

Love the pullup video.  You've inspired me to work harder on my pre-pullup exercises.

I like that translation of Namaste.

So sorry about your poor feet.  I hope they heal quickly and uneventfully.

Level 4 Lycan Adventurer

Judith Viorst

Recap:

My Main Quest: Become an Editor

Made progress, though not in the direction that I expected

1. Get the Word Out (+1 WIS, +2 STA)(Making habits requires stamina, I think)

- Write and publish one blog post per week. B - 4 of 6 weeks, with other writing in there.

2. Act the Part - 4-part goal (+2 WIS, +2 CHA)

- Rewrite and rearrange my resume so that it actually looks like it belongs to someone clever. - Didn't

- Create an account on a main freelancing website and scope out the business. Did

- Propose part/full-time new job for myself to potential boss. - Did...sort of? And other different things?

- Start editing for money - 5 hours a week by the end of the challenge. - Cancelled

3. Renew my Spirit(+2 WIS)

- Read Bible daily - A - This is a good habit to have cultivated

- Pray nightly - A -Such a relief to offload my cares!

- Dedicate my work (both current and hopeful) to God - B - Plenty of room for improvement, but I have a better perspective of using my time

Side Quest: Earn Booty Shorts (+1 STR, +1 DEX, +1 STA)

This whole new-life/job thing will require a lot of time, so I don't want to let my squat-conditioned ass go soft. I plan to keep my levels at least constant if not increasing.

- Hot Yoga once a week - A, except for last week with Labor day.

- Tabata sprints 3x a week - B. I don't like fitting these in on lunch, and so I would sometimes make excuses to skip them.

- KISS strength work-out 2x a week. - A, but not satisfying. I really don't like limiting my workouts to lunch, but that is an efficient use of time....

Diet Quest: Fit in Clothes (+3 CON)

It's  not that I have much fat to lose, but somewhere in the past 2 years my clothes stopped fitting right and I'm tired of it. Also, I'm too cheap to buy new ones. I already eat 70-80% paleo, so these are on top of that.

- ONE sweet thing per week. - All A's, except for Labor Day weekend. Went hogwild. B overall

- ONE alcoholic mixed drink per week (or 2 cocktails). A's up 'til the last week, then got in a holiday or stressed mood and drunk. B overall

- ONE grain-thing per week (pancake, bread, brownie, riceball...). A except for Labor Day, at friend's family's house. They fed us so much bread and it was impolite to refuse...Still taking an A overall for breaking the habit.

So this challenge was a success...but I am disgruntled that my body didn't really change much. Better luck next time.

The fox went out feeling mousy and meek; she prayed that her old bones wouldn’t creak;

for she had 15 miles to walk in a week, and she would rather sit down-o. Down-o, down-o!!

She had 90 miles to walk in 6 weeks..... and she would rather sit down-o.

Overall Challenge Grade = C+.  But what cares I for grades?  I walked 66 miles in 6 weeks that I most certainly would not have walked without this challenge. 

Review:

Reason to be here:  I must get physically stronger to benefit my Mom with her illness (and myself, whether or not I also become ill).

2 successful Level-Ups:  Stretching and push-ups.  These 2 things have become routine.

1 major benefit:  Completely unexpectedly, I cured my own long-standing shoulder pain through stretching .

1 interesting development:   Also unexpectedly, my husband volunteered, last night, to stop dragging crapfood into the house !!!!--I guess it’s OK that he waited til the end of the 6th week.

1 minor satisfaction:  Devised a flowchart for papers as they move through the house.  

Attributes Earned:

Level 3  Attributes were:  STR+4 / DEX+5 / STA+3  / CON+2 / WIS+7 / CHA+2

Attributes Earned in this Challenge:    STR+2 / DEX+2 / STA+1.75 / CON+2.25WIS+3 / CHA+3

Level 4 Attributes (rounding since I dislike fractions) will be:  STR +6 / DEX +7 / STA +5 / CON +4 / WIS +10 / CHA +5

Attribute Math:

Pushups=Grade B =75%.  So attributes earned are STR+1.5 , STA+0.75 , and CON+0.75 (out of possible assigned attributes of  STR+2,   STA+1,  CON+1).

Miles=Grade C=50%.    STR+0.5, STA+1, and CON+0.5 (out of possible STR+1,   STA+2,   CON+1).

Stretch=Grade A=100%.  So full attributes points were earned:  DEX+2,   CON+1WIS+1,   CHA+1.

Filing=Grade A=100%.  WIS+1, CHA+1.

Yoga Book mini-challenge=completed.  WIS+1.

Pretty Pony mini-challenge=completed.  CHA+1.

Level 3 Fox DruidSTR +4 / DEX +5 / STA +3  / CON +2 / WIS +7 / CHA +2

"If you plan to face tomorrow, do it soon."  (G. Lightfoot)

Final Results:

Health Related

1. I will stop eating excess sugar and starches.  This means less than 100g of carbohydrates per day. STR +1 DEX +2 STA +2 CON +3 WIS +1
    I managed this about 85% of the time, despite quite a few parties (weddings, birthdays, etc.).  A-/B+
  2. I will decrease my waist size by at least an inch, stretch goal two inches.  I am currently at 37". CHR +2
    Did not quite manage, but got very close.  Got down to a 36.1 (90%).  Also recorded my lowest weight in five months!  A-

Life Related

1. I will trade playing video games for singing/playing/recording/writing music. I have a large number of music related projects I need to get done. CHR +2 WIS +2
    Pretty much nailed this one.  I did a lot of music typesetting for an album I will be recording with my children to distribute to my family at Christmas.  I also did a lot more practicing than I have in the past.  At this point, I have not fired up a video game in about a week and a half.  A

So I managed to avoid getting my sons video games.  Definite win ;).

Level 8 Human Druid

STR 10 DEX 8.5 STA 11 CON 11 WIS 11 CHA 12

"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not Eureka! (I found it!) but rather, 'hmm... that's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov

That's a Wrap!

Goal #1: Do yoga 25 times

Result: DONEZO. A. Full points. +3 STA, +1 DEX

Goal #2: Do a backbend

Result: failed. utterly.  F. No points awarded.

Goal #3: Keep Paleo except 3 times week

Result: 3/5 weeks for the challenge.  Grade of C. +1 CON +.5 WIS

Life Goal:

Part A: Write every day on 750 words

Result: PERFECT! A! I have a 60 day writing streak going =) +2 CHA, +1 CON

Part B: Finish my Coursera class

Result: also done and got a statement of distinction! A! +2 WIS

Overall I am awarding myself a solid B. I worked hard the last six weeks and established some healthy and awesome habits, while letting some other goals fall to the wayside.

ON TO THE NEXT ONE!

Keliswicked, level 6 half Hobbit/ half Dwarf Druid

Progress Log  ||  Fitocracy!  || 2 3 4 5 6

But what cares I for grades?  I walked 66 miles in 6 weeks that I most certainly would not have walked without this challenge.

This!   This is where and why the magic happens on this site IMHO :)   W00t! and grats!

200-Hour Yoga Teacher & Reiki II Practitioner

Level 2 Gnome Druid STR: 9 | DEX: 5 | STA: 5 | CON: 5 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 4

Challenge Progress  ||  Workout Progress  ||  FitBit

The problem with life is that there is no background music

Just posting my final report from my thread to let y'all know I finished and tallied my points!

http://nerdfitnessrebellion.com/index.php?/topic/34441-spider-goes-back-to-school/?p=689744

Spider

Hedgewitch Druid, Level 3

STR 8 | DEX 7 | STA 5.5 | CON 4 | WIS 8 | CHA 6

Just Ended Challenge: Spider Goes Back to School

“Even if you are on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.†― Will Rogers

OVERALL GRADE (Between Main Quest AND Life Quest) = B

MAIN QUEST
Jog/run 3 miles without stopping in less than 45 minutes. (Grade = A+)
MY 5K Log:
-3.10 miles in 42 minutes, 10 seconds on 8/22/13
-3.10 miles in 39 minutes, 50 seconds on 8/24/13
-3.10 miles in 39 minutes, 41 seconds on 8/27/13
-3.10 miles in 41 minutes, 19 seconds (with 100 vertical feet) on 9/2/13
-3.10 miles in 36 minutes, 58 seconds on 9/4/13
(Extra Credit - Jogged non-stop for 3.50 miles in less than 45 minutes on 9/9/13!!)
*BIG NEWS – I have officially thrown out all my inhalers for asthma!!

• Workout on treadmill 4-5 times per week for 30-40 minutes per day. (Grade = A)

One week, I only exercised 3 days (due to injury), but all other weeks I did 4-5 days/week.

• Stay hydrated! Aim for no less than 64 oz. water per day on workout days. (Grade = C)

It seemed really hard for the first couple weeks to get enough water, and I was lucky to get more than 40 oz on workout days, but I seemed to manage about 46-52 oz on workout days near the end of the 6 weeks. Don’t think I ever managed a full 64 oz… :(

• Stretch! Light stretch for 5-10 minutes before and after each workout. (Grade = A)

I LOVE STRETCHING!!

LIFE QUEST (Grade = C)
Finish learning Level 1 of Rosetta Stone - German. I’m currently half-way completed from my first 6 week challenge!
I got through the 3rd unit of the First Level which means I completed exactly 50% of my goal. I got all 100% grades on every lesson though!!

Spoiler

PREVIOUS CHALLENGES

2013: 6/1/13 - 7/24/13 - 9/15/13 - 11/6/13   2014: 1/5/142/19/14 - 4/9/14 - 6/6/14 - 7/24/14 - 9/11/14 - 11/5/14 

2015: 1/2/15 - 2/20/15 - 4/9/15 - 6/2/15 - 9/10/15 - 10/26/15   2016: 1/1/16 - 2/28/16 - 3/28/16 - 6/6/16 - 9/19/16 - 10/26/16 - 11/26/16   

2017: 1/1/17 - 9/17/17   2018: 1/1/18 - 2/5/18 - 8/13/18 - 11/26/18   2019: 1/7/19   2020: 9/13/20

Sugar B+ ;) = STA + 2; con + 1; CHA +1

Well I did really well on this. Better then I thought I would that is for sure. :) I am much better at the by passing sugar thing though there will be room for improvement for sure. I will continue to track this because I would like to do a full 30 day streak. The furthest strech I did was 11 days. Over All I scored a 90 percent on this. ANd I did get a drinking water habit for sure in the morning. I also lost around 7 pounds. I will even get stats this time.

Dwarf driud lvl 3Str 2 | dex 2 | sta 3 | con 4 | wis 4 | cha 6

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/34200-me-battles-sugar-sprites/

Eli's Back in Action Final Report

Well, things didn't go as smoothly this challenge as I'd hoped. I learned a lot though, so that's always a bonus :)

Goal #1: Keeping and following a self-made school schedule with deadlines

Awards: +3 Cons, +2 Wis

How I did: I super aced this goal!! I am so proud of myself for this because usually I'm a HUGE procrastinator and this time I really kept myself on task. I made very efficient use of my work time each day which really felt great. 

Because I met all of my personal deadlines, I give myself a score of 100%! And I was further rewarded during my committee meeting this week when my entire committee told me I was doing an EXCELLENT JOB! YEAH!!! I'm so happy! Thanks Nerd Fitness :D

Goal #2: Music or reading instead of TV

Awards: +2 Cons

How I did: Well, this goal went completely down the drain... I think I managed to get in 1 hour of music during the ENTIRE challenge! For that, I'm not even going to award any attribute points. 

What I learned: I now know that I have a hard time making time for things after my day is over. My school work takes up a HUGE part of my life, both mentally and physically (in terms of physical time and energy) which leaves time for little else. I found that I was spending the majority of my time AFTER SCHOOL spending personal time with my partner and also doing house work. On weekends, we usually just turned into couch zombies and attempted to recover from the week! Sometimes we made it out to do some adventuring. In short, I've learned that there are 3 things in my life that are MOST important to make time for and they are, in no particular order: school, partner, chores. Everything else that I want to achieve in my life tends to fall to the side or is fit into some gap in my schedule.

Goal #3: Jogging

Awards: +3 Strength, +3 Sta

How I did: I managed to jog for only 1 of my weeks out of 6 this challenge. It's not bad! I know that I did a lot of other things that could potentially have been substituted for jogging (gym, Ultimate Frisbee, walking to school...) but I chose to NOT include those in my goal. But it's a start! I think I'm going to try to keep this goal for next challenge but I may actually change it to "using cardio machines in gym" because I find that worked out quite well these last two weeks as an afternoon study break :)  So for this, I did one sixth of my goal, so I will give myself one sixth of my points!

In closing, this challenge was fairly eventful. I started out strong, kind of gave up on my second and third goals near the end... But I learned a lot about myself and how I organize my priorities. I may also be moving to Assassins for the next challenge :( Good bye Druids! You've been good to me! You stuck with me through my Gluten related illness! Thanks for that :)

Eli

Human Druid-Assassin, Level 3

STR: 4.25 | DEX: 3.5 | STA: 6.5 | CON: 9.35 | WIS: 9 | CHA: 3

Final report.

Things have been very interesting lately.

1. Mastery of the mind.
    about 80% done. Thats still an A
  2. Transformation of the body
    Excercise F
    Food: B+
    I call it a C-
  3. Living the light
    Not really measureable but I feel good!
    A
  4. Level up my life
    I took exams I ran away from for 2 years. I failed one and procrastinated one so its just a B

I can't summarize everything that has happened but it it pretty interesting!

Overall: B

Fate whispers to the warrior: "You cannot withstand the storm."

The warrior whispers back:
 "
I am the storm."

Copied from my thread with some additions in the end:

Challenge summary.

It's been an busy week so I have started summarizing in my mind several times this week - feeling very comfortable reflecting over my theme: Making it work.

Did I make it work: YES!!

It really helped me during complex, difficult and stressful days to take a step back and look at my accomplishments already made and what I needed to do to make that day work. Instead of getting lost in stress and "musts" I did keep my head clear (reasonably clear   :nightmare: ) and made good choices and priorities.

This is what I wrote in the beginning:

This challenge is about
connecting the pieces in the puzzle. 
The last challenges have included segments leading up to this;
Me time - Work - Relationship - Health
I have built a platform where I feel reasonably stabile. Yeah, reasonably. My latest backlash was less than a month ago. 
In a 24 hour and 365 day perspective, I want to make it work . If I keep all the pieces in my life on a daily basis this allows for balance, laughter and love. 

Two weeks ago I started working full time after being on whole/partial sickleave for about two years. In another two weeks I will start my new job in a city about one hours flight away from here. I applied for a position here even before I was working full time and they found me interesting enough to create a space and offer me a substantial pay raise. This makes me very proud. To prepare for this I have done a lot of studying this summer and have finished the comprehensive work I chose to read, even though I doubted my intellectual capabilities. 
I have proved to myself that I can make it work!!

The details:
I planned
Daily yogapractice. One hour. Preferably in the morning. This helps me see the space for me time. It creates harmony and helps me breathe. Also it allows for me to be a harmonic family member. 

So, yoga in the morning didn't work. I don't know if I was just too tired or if it will work another time but I abandoned that pretty soon. I managed to see my "teacher" four times and also went to a short course with her. She worked on bandas with me and that was very inspiring (and hard). I learned how to do the wheel :-)
Yoga is a part of my life now, and it is unfolding in a million exciting ways.

So all in all 34 times = B

I planned
Sleep 7, not 8, hours per night (since yogapractice starts 0500 on weekdays)
A long term goal and I need to discipline myself and GO TO BED!! This increases overall quality of awake hours. I need to quit being afraid of missing all the fun if I go to bed ;-)

Now yoga in the mornings didn't always happen but sleep sure did. This is so great and I have even more fun when I sleep enough. I wish I could say that I did this magic thing and made it work but I honestly think that working hard on the habit is what did it  :moon:

40 nights with seven hours of sleep or more = A

I planned
Running keeps me strong and sane. 
Increasing distance from 10 to 15 kilometers, three times per week, once the longer distance. 
My body is smiling at me these days, flexing new muscles. My mind gets release from tension and stress by focusing on the breath, the path, the pace.

Now moving on to 15 kilometers was hard, and painful! I seriously considered changing the goal but then it got easier. My last run was 15 k in 1:33, 6:14 per kilometer. I am happy  :onthego:

I ran 15 k six times, and I ran 16 times apart from that = A

I planned
Life quest
Work-new job starts 1/10. Studying is important to enable me firstly to blow the dust from my existing knowledge. Secondly there are quite a few new things to learn. Creating the routine to study every week is vital for my career. 

During the summer (as part of previous challenge as well) I have finished the work I chose to read. I feel more confident that I am able to keep up and have created the routine of studying. It still needs a lot of work, but it's there... 
I passed.

It's been a rough summer but as so many of you I feel better when I look at my summary and conclude - it wasn't all bad  :redface-new:

So - the minichallenges
I added to the Druid book of yoga poses  :nevreness:
The other ones I did two of, that was all I managed  :nightmare:

I have chosen to believe in myself.

Okay, so here is my summary:

1) Yoga twice a week: 3/24, which makes it an F, but I still went three times, which is three more than last time, so I'm remaining positive on this one. I still went, which is a victory in itself.

2) Meditate 4 times a week, increasing by half a minute each week: I did keep increasing and got up to about 4 minutes and 19/24 days, which comes to a C+. Really, not bad for my first attempt at meditation.

3) Cut out bread: I was kind of all over the place with this one, but I still feel like I was pretty successful, and I got down to one day a week of bread for breakfast in the morning, so that will be an A.

4) Write for 1k words a day six days a week: This one I aced. I ended up with 35k. A+

So overall about a C+, which actually isn't bad. I learned a lot, which I count as a huge plus.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines