Ray's Ranger Battle Report!

Welcome to My Log!

I am starting this log to keep a running record of my fitness and physique. I will keep this updated with the before and after and post all the incrementals in the replys.

Initial Weigh In results (9/6/13):

BF%: 27.5

Chest: 42.5

Bicep: 12.5

Waist: 37.5

Hips: 42.5

Thighs: 25.5

Calves: 17.25

Push-Ups: 50

Sit-Ups: 40

1 Mile: 8:05

Pic:

IMG_1406.jpg

Current (12/22/16):

BF%:  23.9%

Weight: 215.1lbs

Ray here reporting in from the field of battle.

Yesterday I did Tabata: jump squats, push-ups, sit-ups, then mountain climbers (with slide disks). That was a killer workout. I was cramping up so bad.

Today was supposed to be a double workout at my gym, but I missed the morning workout :(. It was at 6am and I just couldn't get out of bad after tabata yesterday. I was really sore and tired. Instead I played ultimate frisbee with some ridiculously athletic guys from work and then I went to crossfit at my gym. The workout today was: Burpees for ten minutes. Pick a number 6, 8, 10, 12. Then do that many every time the clock hit another minute. My sets were 10, 10, 10, 6, 6, 6, 10, 10, 10, 12. I was really wiped after this workout!

Nutrition wise I'm doing really well. Sticking to paleo w/ after workout protein shakes and little things like honey mustard and today there were baby corns in my veggie mix, so I ate them.

How's the challenge going?

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

I forgot to come back and post the results! I'm back and this time I'm gonna make a better commitment to my battle log! I've started a personal challenge now. I started it on Monday the 19th. My goal is to get bellow 18.3% body fat. Which is the lowest I've ever been measured. So here we go again!!!

Weigh In (12/21/16):

Weight: 215.1

BF%: 23.9

First Progress Pick: 

Day 4 here of my 90 day challenge. I'm going to report about yesterday since that day is over. 

Food:

Breakfast

338EF1EBCA4FB242EA57F394E417CCB1.cache.png
1 Cup

LUNCH

DINNER (tacos)

1A684071A9CFD3924972D9F3C8D7FBB3.cache.png
1 Tablespoon

SNACKS

069934D57507D50A3EAC0B4EFF6A335E.cache.png
1 Each

53D757AB2B02607F446F2F065395BFE2.cache.png
15 Pieces

For a workout I did: Shoulder day. I felt pretty strong and was happy to be there. 

Until next check in!

Day 17 of my 90 day challenge! I made it through the holidays. Not sure if I can consider myself unscathed but we'll see in a couple days when the water weight comes back off. I did a one day fast the day after X-Mas. New years wasn't so hot though. I ate a really big cheese burger and fries among other things. I'm back on track now, and I'll do another weigh in this weekend. In the gym my lifts seem to be getting a bit stronger here and there. It's nice cause I expected to start losing strength. Back on it, one day at a time!

Thanks for the encouragement... How did you get that instagram pic in here so nicely?

Level: 3 (EQ) - Race: Wood Elf - Class: Assassin Epic Quest: Rathlan

Current Challenge: Rathlan revisits old disciplines

Previous Challenges: Gaining Control Part 1 - Finding the future in the pastPart 2 - Preparing for Superhero statusRathlan Lays FoundationsRathlan learns to love mornings Rathlan refocuses on focus Rathlan brings it together

(Old system: Level 3 - Stats: STR 9 | DEX 7 | CON 6 | STA 2 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 4)

Just now, rathlan said:

Thanks for the encouragement... How did you get that instagram pic in here so nicely?

Oh - never mind, I see the forum does it nicely for you automatically.  Yay!

Looks like you've made some great progress in your challenge.  Nice going!

Level: 3 (EQ) - Race: Wood Elf - Class: Assassin Epic Quest: Rathlan

Current Challenge: Rathlan revisits old disciplines

Previous Challenges: Gaining Control Part 1 - Finding the future in the pastPart 2 - Preparing for Superhero statusRathlan Lays FoundationsRathlan learns to love mornings Rathlan refocuses on focus Rathlan brings it together

(Old system: Level 3 - Stats: STR 9 | DEX 7 | CON 6 | STA 2 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 4)

You're very welcome!

Yeah it does the picture nicely for you if you just add the link, I was happily surprised by this when I did it :). Tip though: you can download an app called layout that makes side by side pictures and other stuff :). Thanks for stopping by here! It's good to see a motivated face.

Hey everyone! Okay, so I signed up for another new challenge. Since the holidays were a little rougher than I expected I decided to sign up for the BodyBuilding.com 250KChallenge (12 weeks). I'm pretty excited! Here are the pics I used to sign up for that one:

As far as updates go though I do have a good lifting update. I tried to PR my 1RM on dead lifts the otherday. My original was 405lbs, which to me is pretty respectable. So I decided to really try something hard. I put 465 on the bar to really push myself and I failed :(. I was a bit bummed so I decided to split the difference. I took off a couple 25s and adsed a couple 10s for a total of 435lbs. This I managed to get up. It was tough but awesome! 

Well, It's been a couple days of hitting it pretty hard! I've gotten the water weight back off and I'm back to where I was ISH pre-holidays. Posting My weigh ins for the day!

Date: Weight: Body Fat Percentage: Lean Body Mass: Fat Weight:
1/7/2017 219.3 25.4 163.5978 55.7022
1/8/2017 214.9 25.8 159.4558 55.4442
1/9/2017 211.4 24.2 160.2412 51.1588
1/10/2017 209.2 23.6 159.8288 49.3712

Like I said, I'm sure this is all just water weight so not too much to analyse. It shows that I'm headed in the right direction though :)