Main Quest

Be able to complete the Marines Physical Fitness Test with maximal scoring. 100 sit ups in 2 minutes, 8 pull-ups and 4.82 km in 21 minutes (4:20 minute kilometer).

Fitness Goals

1. Consistently complete workouts: STA: 2 STR:2

Total body strength training 3 times per week (or WOD) , 30 minute (at least) run 3 times per week and 1 form of cross training to give my legs a break (cycling, rowing, cardio circuit).

Challenges start level:

Body weight squats: 40

Modified push-ups: 17

Sit ups: 65

Pace: 6:47 min/km

Pull ups: Assisted, green band

Challenge end goal:

Body weight squats: 80

Modified push-ups: 40

Sit Ups: 100

Pace: 6:30

Pull ups: 1 unassisted pull up

2. Pace work;  DEX: 3   STA: 1

To increase my pacing I’m going to introduce doing a speed runs once a week and a long run once a week. The long run will be at the beginning of the week and the speed work will be at the end before my weekend break.

Long runs

Will initially be an hour for Week 1-3 and I’ll be adding on time so by the end of the challenge I’m running for an hour and half. Mileage will be noted.

Speed runs

Week 1-2: Acceleration sets. 10-15 seconds of increasing my speed until I approach full out sprints then slow down to a jog. Goal is to make these smooth and work up to doing 6 sets. Yay beginning pace training!

Week 2-3: Fartleks. Fartleks are essentially when you increase your speed for a period of time then have a recovery interval before performing the next set. If condemned to the treadmill due to bad weather I’m going to do timed speed play and if outside I’m going to pick objects in the distance to run towards (or until I can no longer maintain that speed depending on the route).

Week 4: Track Workout- Run 5 km of intervals ranging between 200 meters and 1.6 km. Run the interval at an increased pace then walk/slow jog half of that distance. So if I ran 200 meters I would slow jog 100 meters then move on to the next interval.

Week 5: Hill sprints- I  have a lovely hill near the college that I can utilize for hill sprints. Run up the hill then slowly jog back down for 6-10 repetitions.

Week 6: Track Workout

3. Arm Yourself! STR:2 STA: 2

I have puny arms of a kitten while I want the arms of the tiger. While I will be performing essential lifts like squats and deadlifts for lower body I want to challenge myself to perform more arm exercises. Perform exercises like pull ups, dips, bench press, push-ups, pull downs, farmers walks and rows. Accessory work for biceps, forearms and wrists are also going to be implemented.

Sidequests:

Clean my room and get internet connected

CHA: 1

Very self-explanatory but important.

6 week hard-hat challenge: Core strength.

STA: 2

I’m going to do planks until I can hold them for 5 minutes or the challenge ends. If I get to 5 minutes before the end, I’m going to start working on wall planks and start working towards doing a handstand. 5 minutes a day of practice. Not too sure if this will be a multi-challenge goal but all the points are in trying

Race: Dwarf Class: Ranger Level: 3

STR: 9 | DEX: 7 | STA: 9 | CON: 6 | WIS: 9 | CHA: 8

Current-5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

When you can't run, you crawl, and when you can't crawl - when you can't do that... You find someone to carry you