So about 6 weeks ago I decided to actually do something about the way I looked and felt -  for real this time. 

- Joined a gym through awesome discount at job (works out to about $24 per month with a rebate, which is fricking fantastic in NYC) and have been going at least twice a week, if not 3-4 times. May not be the highest intensity workout ever, but at least I'm not sitting on my ass. 

- Made it a thing to eat all my CSA veggies and generally eat less crap and take out (especially for lunch).

- And probably most importantly, I quit smoking. From a pack a day to an e-cig to nothing at all. And I haven't stabbed anyone, which is a major plus considering it's a 17 year habit (which is really freaky to write down actually!!). 

So how am I doing?

I feel pretty good with my fitness level - did a charity walk/family event last weekend where I was on my feet for at least 8 miles per my semi-trusty pedometer in one morning which kicked my ass in years past, but was completely fine to go to gym the next day.

No smoking and breathing is better, and the weird smokers hacking cough is dying down. 

Been pretty good about bringing my lunch to work, eating breakfast and all that jazz. Honestly, I ate like crap for a few days through the worst of the wanting to smoke. And I'm still not eating 100% perfect all the time but the past few weeks or so have been fairly good and better than I was before this whole thing happened.

But... I'm gaining weight. 

Pretty sure this is some weird smoking metabolism side effect thing, but it's totally not cool. Trying to be patient and see what happens in a month or so, but really really frustrated right now. 

So feeling healthier, no smoking, but gaining weight.... 2 out of 3 counts?

Big WOOT on the quitting smoking :)
Currently battling that one myself at the moment.. few steps forward, few steps back, cha cha style hehe
You should be very proud of yourself

One thing I was told was that cravings register as 'hunger' to your brain, and when you fee; hungry to stop and wait a little while before eating just to assess whether its food or quitting related hunger

| lvl3 | Amazon Warrior |
|str
6|dex1|sta5|con5|wis8|cha2|

| challenges | two | one | 

| mfp | l4dyh4wk |

THanks for the woot! 52 days with no smoking, and almost $700 saved so far.   :rapture:

One thing I was told was that cravings register as 'hunger' to your brain, and when you fee; hungry to stop and wait a little while before eating just to assess whether its food or quitting related hunger

That totally makes sense - When I'm having an intense nic-fit, I can actually feel it in my jaws that I want to just gnaw on something,,, I've been trying to get up and go for a walk and drink some water but that doesn't always work...

I'm trying not to stress about it too much until I hit about 3 months of no smoking - I figure one giant change is enough for my body at a time! But it is really annoying to have the pants stay tight after eating salads everyday...