This will be my battle log were all diet and fitness progress will be tracked across all challenges.  I will edit this initial post as I define and update my goals and changing focus.

MOTIVATION:

To be a Master of my own body weight and an example of health to my wife and kids.

Motivation 2

Motivation

Measurements:

Weight: 206 lbs

Waist: 39"

Gut: 43"

Thigh (Left): 24.5"

Hips: 41.5"

Training Regimen:

Convict Conditioning - New Blood Program

0 to 1650 Swim Challenge

Diet Goals:

Target Daily Net Calories: 1500

Target Weight: 190 lbs

Fitness Goals:

To master my own body weight.

Life Goals:

Minimize all distractions at work and maximize productivity.

To make major progress every week towards mastering my career and passion.

Level 2 Hawk Assassin

Str: 2, Dex: 1, Sta: 2, Con: 2, Wis: 4, Cha: 1

Challenges: Getting Going, 1, 2(Failed), 2.1(failed), 2.2(current)

Accountability:  The Dai-Gurren Brigade

Current Challenge Goal Progress:  Food Log(7/36), Exercise(5/24), Sleep Log(6/36), Meal Plan(1/21)

Battle Log

Fitocracy  MyFitnessPal  RunKeeper

“Believe the incredible and you can do the impossible†- Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, which you have from God? You are not your own; you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body." - 1 Cor 6:19-20

Convict Conditioning Workout - Week 1 - 9/9/2013

Wall Push-ups (Level 1 Push-ups)

• Set 1: 7 Reps (Warm-up)
  • Set 2: 7 Reps (Warm-up)
  • Set 3: 25 Reps (Work Set)
  • Set 4: 25 Reps (Work Set)  Intermediate Standard met

Knee Tucks (Level 1 Leg Raises)

• Set 1: 5 Reps (Warm-up)
  • Set 3: 20 Reps (Work Set)

Level 2 Hawk Assassin

Current Challenge Goal Progress:  Food Log(7/36), Exercise(5/24), Sleep Log(6/36), Meal Plan(1/21)

Battle Log

“Believe the incredible and you can do the impossible†- Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, which you have from God? You are not your own; you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body." - 1 Cor 6:19-20

Lol, looks like we've all got the same idea! Came over to start my battle log and found you!

Awesome picture! ^_^

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

Thanks!  Ya.  I saw you mention it.  I had one before when I tried to start a challenge, but got overwhelmed at the time.  Decided it would be smart to have one to connect my entire fitness history across all of the future challenges that I plan to attack.

That picture was from our recent getaway to South Haven, MI.  It was so peaceful and relaxing.  Didn't want to come back home.  That was Sebastian's first time on a carousel.  He really enjoyed it.  And he loves tigers.  He'd say Rawr!!

Level 2 Hawk Assassin

Battle Log

Just got mine up! I hear it is where people post between challenges. I'll link it on my thread and in my sig.

Those are those awesome moments in life, lol! ^_^

Will be following here too! You're a Brigade member now! Yeah!!! :triumphant:

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.

Daily Entry - Wednesday 9/11/2013

1494 Calories Consumed

- 178 Calories Burned

= 1,316 Net Calories

Biked 3.3 miles in 17.5 minutes while pulling Sebastian (~27.5 lbs) - This was about 80% max effort.

Stretched for about 10-15 minutes

Level 2 Hawk Assassin

Battle Log

Daily Entry - Thursday 9/12/2013

1620 Calories Consumed

-387 Calories Burned

1,233 Net Calories

Swam 700 yards today in 20 minutes

4 x 100, 4 x 50, and 4 x 25

Biked 3.3 miles in 18.5 minutes  (Pulling my son)

Was pretty productive today, but still struggled a lot with distraction at work.  Tomorrow will be better.

Level 2 Hawk Assassin

Battle Log

Well, sounds like a productive day despite the distractions. Good work!

And yes it will, because tomorrow is a new day. Do overs, lol! ^_^

Have an awesome day brader!

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

New challenge thread is live Building on Solid Rock.

Level 2 Hawk Assassin

Battle Log

Daily Entry - Friday 9/13/2013 (Friday the 13th?!?)

1495 Calories Consumed

0 Calories Burned

1495 Net Calories

Didn't get any cardio in today.

Convict Conditioning Workout - Week 1 - 9/13/2013

Vertical Pulls (Level 1 Pull-ups) - Modified using a towel to reduce incline and increase intensity

• Set 1: 10 Reps (Warm-up)
  • Set 2: 10 Reps (Warm-up)
  • Set 3: 20 Reps (Work Set)
  • Set 4: 20 Reps (Work Set)  Intermediate Standard met

Shoulderstand Squats (Level 1 Squats)

• Set 4: 25 Reps (Work Set) Intermediate Standard met

Productivity improved at work, especially in the morning, but still lost time in the afternoon.  I will have it together for Monday.

Level 2 Hawk Assassin

Battle Log

Excellent brader! Progress, and I know you will!! ;)

Have an awesome day!!

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Daily Entry - Saturday 9/14/2013

2203 Calories Consumed

180 Calories Burned

2023 Net Calories

Biked 3.3 miles in 17 minutes pulling my son.

Went to a wedding today and used today as my off day.  Accomplished a lot in the garage cleaning and organizing.  Overall it was a pretty good day.

Level 2 Hawk Assassin

Battle Log

To me, a day of cleaning and organizing is ALWAYS a good day, lol!

Ahhhhhh, and with fall setting in here I have the itch to be doing some of that. Well, I clean every day- I'm talking about SERIOUS cleaning!

Awesome you had a good day! Ready for tomorrow's Quest to start?? :triumphant:

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

To me, a day of cleaning and organizing is ALWAYS a good day, lol!

Ahhhhhh, and with fall setting in here I have the itch to be doing some of that. Well, I clean every day- I'm talking about SERIOUS cleaning!

Awesome you had a good day! Ready for tomorrow's Quest to start?? :triumphant:

We had planned to clean inside the house because it is in dire need, but it was such a nice day we decided to work in the garage.  We still need to get the house clean though.  It needs some serious cleaning, especially if we have the Halloween party here that we are planning to have.

I am absolutely ready for tomorrow.  Gotta get to bed soon so that I can start off right.

Level 2 Hawk Assassin

Battle Log

Daily Entry - Sunday 9/15/2013

1513 Calories Consumed

0 Calories Burned

1513 Net Calories

No Cardio Today.

Mostly just a relaxing day today.  Didn't really make progress on anything though.  :(

Level 2 Hawk Assassin

Battle Log

Measurements:

Weight: 205 lbs

Waist: 43 inches

Hips: 42 inches

Thigh: 24 inches

I'm down another 1 to 1.5 lbs this week.  Waist stayed the same.  Hips are up 0.5 inches while thigh is down 0.5 inches.

Level 2 Hawk Assassin

Battle Log

Daily Entry - Monday 9/16/2013

1546 Calories Consumed

-211Calories Burned

1335 Net Calories

Swam 700 yards in 20 minutes

Convict Conditioning Workout - Week 2 - 9/16/2013

Wall Push-ups (Level 1 Push-ups)

• Set 1: 50 Reps (Work Set)
  • Set 2: 42 Reps (Work Set)

Knee Tucks (Level 1 Leg Raises)

• Set 4: 13 Reps (Work Set)

Had a satisfactorily productive day at work and made some modest progress on home tasks.  Not a ground breaking day, but it will suffice.

Level 2 Hawk Assassin

Battle Log

Daily Entry - Tuesday 9/17/2013

1456 Calories Consumed

0 Calories Burned

1456 Net Calories

I have some kind of a respiratory infection so no cardio today.

Level 2 Hawk Assassin

Battle Log

Daily Entry - Wednesday 9/18/2013

1400 Calories Consumed

0 Calories Burned

1400 Net Calories

Still have this annoying respiratory infection so no cardio including my planned swim.  Hopefully I'll be feeling better soon and can make it up.

Level 2 Hawk Assassin

Battle Log

Daily Entry - Thursday 9/19/2013

1500 Calories Consumed

0 Calories Burned

1500 Net Calories

Still hacking so no cardio.

Level 2 Hawk Assassin

Battle Log

I saw this story about a 19 year old who showed incredible integrity that really shouldn't be thought of as so incredible.  I'd like to think that I would do the same thing, but to be honest most of the time I'm not even aware of what is going on around me.  I think for a future challenge, I'd like to focus on becoming more aware of my surroundings, looking for opportunities to do some small favor for someone and watching for instances of others doing some small favor for another person.  It's too easy to focus on the negatives in the world.  The news typically does a great job of that.

Really though, with the advent of smart phones and such, people are becoming more and more detached from their surroundings and miss opportunities to have an impact on the world around them.  I don't have a smart phone, though mostly because of discouragement from my wife who doesn't see the value.  I do see the value, but I also see the tremendous temptations that they present.  It is tough for me because as a software engineering geek, I love gadgets and technology in general.  As this site demonstrates though, we need to relate to each other as people.

Anyway, just a brief rant that I felt like I needed to get out.

Level 2 Hawk Assassin

Battle Log

Daily Entry - Friday 9/20/2013

1432 Calories Consumed

0 Calories Burned

1432 Net Calories

Convict Conditioning Workout - Week 2

Vertical Pulls (Level 1 Pull-ups)

• Set 1: 5 Reps (Warm-up Set)
  • Set 2: 7 Reps (Warm-up Set)
  • Set 3: 40 Reps (Work Set)
  • Set 4: 40 Reps (Work Set)
  • Set 5: 40 Reps (Work Set) Progression Standard Met

Shoulderstand Squats (Level 1 Squats)

• Set 3: 50 Reps (Work Set)
  • Set 4: 50 Reps (Work Set)
  • Set 5: 50 Reps (Work Set) Progression Standard Met

I will be staying on each CC Exercise for a minimum of 4 weeks and at least 2 weeks at Progression Standard before moving up to the next step.

Still hacking so no swim today.  For dinner we ordered take out and I ordered what I wanted, but only ate half which fit in my goals and was still plenty filling.  

Level 2 Hawk Assassin

Battle Log

Daily Entry - Saturday 9/21/2013

2118 Calories Consumed

0 Calories Burned

2118 Net Calories

Food was a stab in the dark today.  We had a bonfire at our house with family and friends.  It was kind of a bring a snack type of event.  We had sloppy joes, cheese and crackers, apple cake (delicious), and such.  I also enjoyed a Killian's.  I decided it would be too difficult to track with any accuracy.  I didn't let myself go wild, but figured there was a good chance I would go over my 2300 Calorie limit for my off day.  My best estimates though seem to bring me under by a couple hundred Calories so that works.

Still some coughing, but starting to feel better.  The fire didn't help, plus we prayed a rosary during the bonfire which really had my throat irritated (talking + smoke + respiratory infection is not a good combination).  I should be well enough to start swimming again by Monday. 

Level 2 Hawk Assassin

Battle Log