Sorry I haven't been posting.  I hope to get back after tomorrow.  I would like to ask for everyone's thoughts and prayers.  My 1 year old niece who is just 3 weeks older than my son was hit by a truck yesterday.  She is stable and responsive, but they had to amputate her left foot above the ankle and has a broken right femur and 2-3 broken bones in her skull.  She is having reconstructive surgery in the morning on her left leg.  My mom was watching her at the time and saw it all happen.  Needless to say, she is having a very hard time.

Level 2 Hawk Assassin

Str: 2, Dex: 1, Sta: 2, Con: 2, Wis: 4, Cha: 1

Challenges: Getting Going, 1, 2(Failed), 2.1(failed), 2.2(current)

Accountability:  The Dai-Gurren Brigade

Current Challenge Goal Progress:  Food Log(7/36), Exercise(5/24), Sleep Log(6/36), Meal Plan(1/21)

Battle Log

Fitocracy  MyFitnessPal  RunKeeper

“Believe the incredible and you can do the impossible†- Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, which you have from God? You are not your own; you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body." - 1 Cor 6:19-20

I sincerely hope that things turn around soon and get better. That’s a horrible thing to have happen, and I am deeply sorry it did. I hope that your niece’s surgery goes along smoothly, and that she gets better soon. My best wishes to you, your niece, and your family.

[ Battle Log: - THE LEGEND OF WILL - ]

Spoiler

"I can change the future!"

- Shulk from Xenoblade Chronicles

"I still don't know what I should do. What [he's] doing isn't for his own gain. He walks the path he believes in, one step at a time. Wishing only for the happiness of those around him. I, on the other hand... I thought I didn't have a path that I could take laid out before me. But like he said, that's just running away. I must find my own path."

- Fei from Xenogears

"A life of adventure awaits those with the courage to step beyond their comfort zones."

- Hylian Dan from The Philosophy of The Wind Waker

Oh brader, that breaks my heart. You and your family have my most heartfelt wishes. Lots of positive energy sent to your mom and neice.

Take care, we are here for you, no worries.

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

Thinking of you and your family...sending you love and light.  Hang in there.

Level 2 Amazon Druid

STR 4|DEX 1|STA 1|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 1

My 1st Challenge - Ring Toss, Anyone?     My 2nd Challenge - Jodi's Two Towers     My Battle Log     My Tribe - The Dai-Gurren Brigade

At times, you become almost certain that you slabbed this hillside three days ago, crossed this stream yesterday, clambered over this fallen tree at least twice today already. But most of the time you don’t think. No point. Instead, you exist in a kind of mobile Zen mode, your brain like a balloon tethered with string, accompanying but not actually part of the body below. Walking for hours and miles becomes as automatic, as unremarkable, as breathing. At the end of the day you don’t think, 'Hey, I did sixteen miles today,' any more than you think, 'Hey, I took eight-thousand breaths today.' It’s just what you do.â€

Bill Bryson, A Walk in the Woods

What terrible news. I imagine it must be very difficult for all of you. Please take the time you need to be with your family, certainly we understand if you're not posting during such a difficult time. But always remember we are here for you.

Level 2 

Dwarf Ranger

STR 2     |     DEX 1     |     STA 4     |     CON 3     |     WIS 3     |     CHA 0

Current Challenge: Give Peas a Chance!

1st Challenge: Buggalo Begins!

''Life is hard. You are hard. I don't see the problem." - Coach

THE GURREN BRIGADE!

"Think about all the things you'd wish other people had done for, or with, you. Then do those things for other people.

Then, smash barriers and laugh a lot while shouting "WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM!?!" - Hero                                                                                                                      

That is so terrible to hear, brader. My thoughts will certainly be with her and your family. I hope she's alright and that you and your family are getting all the love and support you need right now.

Level 2 Fire Elemental

Druid

STR |1 DEX | 3 STA | 3 CON | 3 WIS | 1 CHA

First Challenge; Current Challenge

The hardcore, intense, bitchin', BEST team ever: The Dai-Gurren Brigade

WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE!!?!!?

Oh my god, what happened to your niece is terrible.

You and your whole family have all my best wishes. Your poor mother, it is the horror of every mother/grandmother to see her children getting messed up - take good care of her, this feeling of guilt must be inhumanly torturing.

I really hope the little girl will be better soon and the physicians can help her so she can live a normal life again.

The voices in my head might not be real. But sometimes they have AMAZING ideas.

STR 1 DEX 1 STA 1 CON 1 WIS 1 CHA 1 - Respawned Level 1 Human Monk

Challenge Jan 5 - Feb 15, 2015

I'm so sorry to hear this, it probably sounds understated, but it's a terrible thing to have happened. I hope everything goes well with the surgery, and I hope she makes a fast recovery. My thoughts are with you and your family.

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring."

Yeti on Flickr - Facebook - Instagram

Thank you all for your kind words.  I am back home and getting back into the swing of things.  My niece is doing about as well as can be expected.  Her reconstructive surgery yesterday went well.  An MRI shows some swelling and possible ligament damage in her neck and compression fractures of I believe the t4 and t5 vertebrae which are between the shoulderblades.  She has opened her eyes, tried to talk and reached out wanting her parents to pick her up.  These are all good signs, but we still don't know if there has been any brain damage.

• Like 1

Level 2 Hawk Assassin

Current Challenge Goal Progress:  Food Log(7/36), Exercise(5/24), Sleep Log(6/36), Meal Plan(1/21)

Battle Log

“Believe the incredible and you can do the impossible†- Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, which you have from God? You are not your own; you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body." - 1 Cor 6:19-20

So glad for the positive report. Take your time and jump in when you're ready.

Positive energy still going strong for your niece!

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.

I know this probably doesn't help at all, but after my dad's cardiac arrest we spent quite a bit of time not knowing if he had brain damage or not. So I know exactly how difficult and frightening that is. All I can say is keep your head up and keep hoping. Those do sound like positive signs.

You and your family are still in my thoughts. I hope you are well.

Level 2 Fire Elemental

Druid

I know this probably doesn't help at all, but after my dad's cardiac arrest we spent quite a bit of time not knowing if he had brain damage or not. So I know exactly how difficult and frightening that is. All I can say is keep your head up and keep hoping. Those do sound like positive signs.

You and your family are still in my thoughts. I hope you are well.

Thanks!  She is awake now, alert, eating on her own, and will probably leave the ICU today so she is doing really well all things considered.

Level 2 Hawk Assassin

Battle Log

Thanks!  She is awake now, alert, eating on her own, and will probably leave the ICU today so she is doing really well all things considered.

That is awesome to hear. :peaceful:

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Oh wow, she really is doing fantastic. And I bet you guys are glad to be saying goodbye to that ICU waiting room (I know I certainly was). I hope she's home by now and getting all sorts of hugs and kisses and attention and maybe starting to get a bit more "back to normal" soon. I'm so happy to hear this good news!

Level 2 Fire Elemental

Druid