Thanks.  She is out of the ICU.  The orthopedic doctors are saying they shouldn't need to look at her leg again until Tuesday, but they don't expect she'll still be there by Tuesday.  I think by next weekend at the latest she should be heading home.  I haven't been doing very well getting back to my challenge though.  I think between the respiratory infection that I've really only just gotten over and getting out of my routine with my niece's accident have just sapped my motivation.  It is really time for me to step up to the plate and get this back underway.  I did find that I was down 2 more pounds as of Wednesday though.  I was at 203 lbs.  Just 13 lbs to go.

• Like 1

Level 2 Hawk Assassin

Str: 2, Dex: 1, Sta: 2, Con: 2, Wis: 4, Cha: 1

Challenges: Getting Going, 1, 2(Failed), 2.1(failed), 2.2(current)

Accountability:  The Dai-Gurren Brigade

Current Challenge Goal Progress:  Food Log(7/36), Exercise(5/24), Sleep Log(6/36), Meal Plan(1/21)

Battle Log

Fitocracy  MyFitnessPal  RunKeeper

“Believe the incredible and you can do the impossible†- Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, which you have from God? You are not your own; you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body." - 1 Cor 6:19-20

First, that weight loss is a motivator, unless it's from not eating or something.

Now, brader....................

WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK

YOU ARE!?!!!

I'll tell you! You are a Brigade member! And my friend, so remember why you started this and why you came here. Brigade policy, never give in, never give up!

Spend some time mentally bringing back those feelings that made you want to do this in the first place. And me and your other brigade members will be right here to push you forward!

it's understandable after what you've dealt with to feel that. But your strong enough to move forward and show this challenge whose boss!

:triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant:

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

brader, buddy, how's it going? Any luck with your challenge goals?

Level 2 

Dwarf Ranger

STR 2     |     DEX 1     |     STA 4     |     CON 3     |     WIS 3     |     CHA 0

Current Challenge: Give Peas a Chance!

1st Challenge: Buggalo Begins!

''Life is hard. You are hard. I don't see the problem." - Coach

THE GURREN BRIGADE!

"Think about all the things you'd wish other people had done for, or with, you. Then do those things for other people.

Then, smash barriers and laugh a lot while shouting "WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM!?!" - Hero                                                                                                                      

Hey, brader. I'm glad to see that your neice is continuing to get better. It's great news and it really brightens my day to hear it (and I'm sure it brightens yours way more than mine!).

Sometimes fitness goals fall by the wayside when something traumatic like your neice's accident happens. And that's totally OK. The weight loss is good, but I just hope that it isn't due to not eating because of stress. You better be taking care of yourself, you.

You all are still in my thoughts and I hope your neice is still improving and that you and your family are adjusting and doing well. I'm looking forward to hearing from you whenever you're feeling up to coming back. Take care!

Level 2 Fire Elemental

Druid

STR |1 DEX | 3 STA | 3 CON | 3 WIS | 1 CHA

First Challenge; Current Challenge

The hardcore, intense, bitchin', BEST team ever: The Dai-Gurren Brigade

WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE!!?!!?

Hey, brader. I'm glad to see that your neice is continuing to get better. It's great news and it really brightens my day to hear it (and I'm sure it brightens yours way more than mine!).

Sometimes fitness goals fall by the wayside when something traumatic like your neice's accident happens. And that's totally OK. The weight loss is good, but I just hope that it isn't due to not eating because of stress. You better be taking care of yourself, you.

You all are still in my thoughts and I hope your neice is still improving and that you and your family are adjusting and doing well. I'm looking forward to hearing from you whenever you're feeling up to coming back. Take care!

She is doing very well considering.  As of Tuesday afternoon, she is home and is happy to be home.  The weight loss isn't because of, it is intentional.  Actually the week that happened I didn't stick to my diet goal well at all and gained about half a pound.  I am back at my challenge goals though.  Sorry I haven't posted any of my updates to my battle log.  I will soon, but they are in my challenge log.

Level 2 Hawk Assassin

Current Challenge Goal Progress:  Food Log(7/36), Exercise(5/24), Sleep Log(6/36), Meal Plan(1/21)

Battle Log

“Believe the incredible and you can do the impossible†- Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, which you have from God? You are not your own; you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body." - 1 Cor 6:19-20

Awesome! For both of you, of course! I think it's pretty damn impressive that you managed to stick with your goals enough to lose weight even with everything going on. And I'm, as ever, so happy that "everything going on" is improving and doing well. I gotta go find that challenge log so I can keep up. See ya around there, then, broseph.

Level 2 Fire Elemental

Druid

STR |1 DEX | 3 STA | 3 CON | 3 WIS | 1 CHA

First Challenge; Current Challenge

The hardcore, intense, bitchin', BEST team ever: The Dai-Gurren Brigade

WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE!!?!!?

Resuming my battle log. Weight 196.5 lbs.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Level 2 Hawk Assassin

Battle Log

Following!

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

Convict Conditioning New Blood Week #7

Step #2 - Incline Pushup 20/20 - Intermediate Standard Met

Step #1 - Knee Tuck 40/34

Much improved. Really felt good.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Level 2 Hawk Assassin

Battle Log

My new challenge log is up and ready to go with the Assassins Guild.  Looking forward to regrouping and attacking another challenge.  No more goals for tracking calories.  I am not at my goal weight, but I am close.  I will loosely track until I reach that goal weight and when my weight gets more than about 5 lbs over my goal, but I'm sick of detailed tracking so it is gone.

Level 2 Hawk Assassin

Battle Log

So I bought an ASUS Nexus 7 tablet over the weekend and my work and home productivity have suffered somewhat.  I guess that is what I get for being a nerd.  My wife calls it a toy, I call it a tool.

Anyway, that being said, I did okay yesterday on my diet.  I tracked my calories and while I went over a bit, it wasn't by much.  I plan to get a swim in today at lunch to prepare to resume my 0 to 1650 swim challenge on Monday from where I left off.  Also, I restarted my Android Development training yesterday and studied for about 1 hour so I'm pretty happy with that.

Level 2 Hawk Assassin

Battle Log

Wednesday, November 6th

So the swimming didn't happen and my calories were a little high, but I think I was still at a deficit so its all good.  Didn't have time to get any Android training in, but I made some much needed progress on paperwork so I'm happy.  Tomorrow is my next CC workout.  I'll be working on my pull-up and squat progressions.  Trying to find the right intermediate step for the pull-up progression between Vertical and Horizontal Pulls.  Using a smith machine, I'm going to move the bar 3 positions above where I would have it for horizontal pulls and use bent knees.  My goal is to reach at least 10 reps with "perfect" form and cadence.

Level 2 Hawk Assassin

Battle Log

After missing a week of Convict Conditioning workouts due to back problems, I put in two strong workouts this week.  My biceps, triceps, quads, and lats are screaming with DOMS.  It feels GREAT!  Today, I'm hitting the gym at lunch to resume my swim challenge.

Yesterday's CC workout report sans warm-up sets:

• Modified Horizontal Pull - 10 reps
    • Bar height at middle of chest
    • Knees bent
    • "perfect" form and mostly "perfect" cadence
  • Jackknife Squat - 25/22
    • "perfect" form and cadence
    • lost count during both sets.  Pretty sure I did more reps than I counted.
    • Increase of 5 reps and 2 reps respectively from my last workout.

Level 2 Hawk Assassin

Battle Log

Swim is done...900 yd in 22:26.  I had brief pauses on many of my turns where I took 2-3 breaths and on breaks where I took more breaths than I was supposed to.  I will repeat this format for my next swim and try to swim it as specified in the challenge. 

Splits:

200 yd - 3:28.75

100 yd - 2:40.40

200 yd - 5:14.57 (Not sure if I forgot to break or forgot to hit the split on my stopwatch)

100 yd - 2:39.96

50 yd - 1:25.80

50 yd - 1:23.77

50 yd - 1:24.36

50 yd - 1:19.66

25 yd - 0:48.06

25 yd - 0:37.75

25 yd - 0:46.43

25 yd - 0:36.01

Level 2 Hawk Assassin

Battle Log

Wednesday, November 6th

Trying to find the right intermediate step for the pull-up progression between Vertical and Horizontal Pulls.  Using a smith machine, I'm going to move the bar 3 positions above where I would have it for horizontal pulls and use bent knees.  My goal is to reach at least 10 reps with "perfect" form and cadence.

I had real problems with the horizontal pulls too. I just worked on them with my feet flat and knees bent and I found once I could do 10 of those, I could then do one or two with straight legs. From there it was just a matter of trying to add one rep per workout. I should add though that I never managed to do better than a set of 17 in one go and I ended up moving on to the more advanced steps for pull-outs and had a lot more success with them.

Still can't do more than 17 in a set of horizontal pulls but one day I will!

Good luck with your challenge!

I had real problems with the horizontal pulls too. I just worked on them with my feet flat and knees bent and I found once I could do 10 of those, I could then do one or two with straight legs. From there it was just a matter of trying to add one rep per workout. I should add though that I never managed to do better than a set of 17 in one go and I ended up moving on to the more advanced steps for pull-outs and had a lot more success with them.

Still can't do more than 17 in a set of horizontal pulls but one day I will!

Good luck with your challenge!

Thanks Etchi.  I'll keep that in mind.  Last week I set the bar at chest height with knees bent and was able to do 10 with proper form.  This week I did the same settings and did 20 with proper form.  I'll probably stick with this for at least one more workout and add an extra set in.  Then maybe lower the bar, straighten out my legs, or both.  Probably won't be ready for full horizontal pulls yet though.  I won't go there until I can do 10 with proper form and cadence per the CC book recommendations.

Level 2 Hawk Assassin

Battle Log

Sorry I dropped off the face of the earth for awhile.  Things got very busy with Christmas and such.  I didn't really rap up my challenge very well.  I haven't worked out in 3 weeks.  I was off of work for about 2 weeks for vacation, but spent most of my free time getting caught up on finances and getting the framework of a budget in place for the start of the year.  That will be a significant part of my next challenge.  Since I didn't complete my challenge, I will not be upping my level or any such thing.  I will be getting my next challenge goals laid out soon.  I look forward to getting focused again now that I am back at work and needing a routine.

Level 2 Hawk Assassin

Battle Log

hey brader, i know i'm a little late(by like 4 months or so, but i'm still stumbling over threads as i'm only a month into being a member) but i wanted to check on your daughter's recovery. hope all is well

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -