Hello again everyone! :D

Sorry for the delayed return. I currently have state testing going on this week and I have totally been focused on getting that out of my hair.  :nonchalance:

Hopefully next week will be more.....normal-ish. :P

So, day 1 of my non-challenge went well. Some power walking in, 64 oz water and I completely avoided the sugar monsters. Moving slowly with the workouts as my knee has continued to give me issues since the injury some challenges back. It burns all of the time and particularly if I am on my knees or bend it back all of the way.  :rolleyes:

Day 2 (yesterday) was going equally as well....35 min. Of some core work and all of my water in.....until I had an incident with a key lime pie.  :redface:

Not the whole pie mind you. :P

Today no workout, but water is in so bonus from here on out and so far so good for avoiding the sugar monsters. :)

I shall try to make it back in by the end of the week!

Hugs everyone! :cheerful::cheerful::cheerful:

• Like 1

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

WELCOME BACK! :triumphant:  :triumphant:  :triumphant:  :triumphant:  :triumphant:

Nice avatar! :wub:

Awwwwwwww, thankie you!  :wub:

I shall do my best to be here....... more regularly. And, I suspected you might like the avatar change, lol. ;)

Love you BUNCHES! :cheerful:

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.

OHI! Welcome back to NF land. <insert water unicorn> ;) I'm really too lazy to find one...

Edit: I lied, and although it was easy to find, it's purdy:

tumblr_static_unicorn_water_forest_night

Or... apparently there are real ones.

Lol, that is a beeeeeautiful water unicorn.  :wub:  And quite appropriate as I have indeed taken on the water goal again. ;)

I will admit to the fact that it made me laugh that you picked THAT unicorn! :D

On those others..... :nightmare:  I think I'll stick to your Purdy one. ;)

Now my dear Cinalyc, where shalt I find they NF abode??? Doest thou have a challenge thread this round??

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Oh, hai :)

6b0cc2e3aec916467719fdb92bf934d5.jpg

Hi there Barfly! :D

• Like 1

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Lol, that is a beeeeeautiful water unicorn.  :wub:  And quite appropriate as I have indeed taken on the water goal again. ;)

I will admit to the fact that it made me laugh that you picked THAT unicorn! :D

On those others..... :nightmare:  I think I'll stick to your Purdy one. ;)

Now my dear Cinalyc, where shalt I find they NF abode??? Doest thou have a challenge thread this round??

Yep, the real ones can look kind of scary. I would likely avoid them :blink:

As for me and NF challenges, the shortest explanation is that I decided to lay out every last one of my life goals and work on at least one every day in some way, while continuing to maintain all of my health and fitness goals (which don't tend to change very much recently). This exploded into me constantly being busy to the point that I seriously do not have time to post about anything. This train must keep on trucking. I shouldn't even be posting this right now :P I might return after I've knocked a few of the bigger goals off the list. Until then, it's really great to hear from you. Good luck with everything!

Oh, and thanks again for your help when I first joined NF - this snowball effect of "most productive I've ever been in my entire freaking life" did start there ;)

• Like 1

Gargoyle Assassin

Present: I can has climb?
   Future: It shall be excellent.

Failures are merely teachers.

Where Ash go?

tumblr_mjehmnbtut1rvv4qro1_400.gif?w=100

Still here. ;)

And thank you for the check in my dear Darwin. :)

I've just been dealing with some.......slightly insane teenagers and all the drama they have to offer and so I'm not as focused as I'd like right now. :tongue:

Buuuuuuut, I have been doing well on my water and gotten in some workouts, thou a bit more random than I would like.  :ambivalence:

My downfall is that I have had more chocolate than is probably good for me.  :nightmare:

I promise to continue checking in, though probably a bit randomly until I find myself a nice quiet padded room to hide  be productive in.  :nevreness:

Hugs my friend!!! :cheerful:

• Like 4

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Monday (Chest & Arms)

5 min. Mobility & Stretch

10 min. Cardio

28 Day Squat Challenge Day 8: 30 Prisoner Box Squats

(30 second rests)

Bench Press: 4x6; 2x15 (14 lbs total on all sets)

Incline Press: 3x4-8; 2x15 (14 lbs total on all sets)

Curls: 3x6; 2x16 (14 lbs total on all sets)

Lying Tri Ext: 4x6; 1x15 (14 lbs total on all sets)

Back to lifting. Damn knee.

This was just a base workout to sort of get a feel for the weights and where I want to jump off from. Good news is that my muscles do remember how to do this. So first sets will all be raised next time. Thank goodness, because this is embarrassing. :/

Nice to see you guys again. :)

• Like 3

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

The elusive Ash returns.

Yeah.......missed ya. ;)

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

You're back! YAY! 

Now where did I put those unicorns, again?! 

Sweet........ you mean these? ;)

group_of_unicorns_by_na_v-d5gd7um.jpg

• Like 1

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Go get 'em, Ash!

Aww we, there's my Barfly. Perfect. ;)

Lol...thank you.  :playful:

• Like 1

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Sooooooooo, here's today.......

5 min. mobility & stretch

ab work

C25k: Day 1

28 Squat Challenge: Day 9 (40 prisoner box squats)

Okay, so I have never been a runner in the past....now I have decided to change that. I hear it's good for out running zombies. :P

Besides that, who knows when I might decide that I would like to randomly run a 5k. ;)

And to my surprise I am actually enjoying it. :)

With that in mind I have taken up the C25k app. I had started it previously, but missed it last week so I decided to restart today.

My goal the first time through is to to do it twice a week. I am giving my knee time to adjust. Then once it's complete I will go back through it again doing it every day it calls for.

Man oh man do I have DOMS in my thighs from the squats. Sure.....walking's no problem, why do you ask?  :nevreness:

Have an awesome day!

• Like 1

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Besides that, who knows when I might decide that I would like to randomly run a 5k. ;)

The zombies I get, but the insatiable urge to run 5k....?

• Like 2

the artist usually known as WALDGEIST

Epic Quests

Challenges by theme

Star Wars: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #5B, #6, #6B, #10, #11, #16, #17, (Current Callenge)

TeenWolf: #7

SHIELD: #8, #12, #13, #14, #15

Magicians: #9

"It's never too late, to become what you could've been!"

To be honest, I wasn't sure I really wanted to hit the "Like"-Button on your running-post, Ash.

I mean... running?! Seriously??? :nightmare:

But if it's what makes you happy at the moment - who am I not to like at least THAT aspect... ;)

(Well, I'll be zombie fodder, that's who I am. :D )

• Like 1

Hobbit 

Challenges: 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9| 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

My shiny new "battle" log - probably more of a plodding-along log, but hey, it's mine!

The zombies I get, but the insatiable urge to run 5k....?

Lol.....now Waldgeist, I said 'might like'......not sure I have reached insatiable just yet. :P

• Like 1

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

To be honest, I wasn't sure I really wanted to hit the "Like"-Button on your running-post, Ash.

I mean... running?! Seriously??? :nightmare:

But if it's what makes you happy at the moment - who am I not to like at least THAT aspect... ;)

(Well, I'll be zombie fodder, that's who I am. :D )

Awwwweeee....what a friend to support my insane venture into running. :cheerful:

So supportive. :D

Don't worry....I am still lifting, I won't let you become zombie fodder. It's the least I can do. ;)

• Like 1

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Mm hmm...

Funny man. :P

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Wednesday (Legs)
5 min. Mobility & Stretch
10 min. Cardio
Lower body workout

Lower body being hips, thighs, butt. Very light weights, mostly bodyweight......kicks, leg curls, deadlifts and hip raises. I probably won't be adding any heavy weights to the lower body for awhile. Knee is holding up well, but it does burn for awhile after a workout.

Rest day on the squat challenge.

• Like 3

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler