i'm bummed too not working out right now.  we keep getting healthier then we can go 100% again  :star:

Awww sorry you are still unwell Nick! :(

But, it's a deal my friend! :triumphant:

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

Sorry you're bummed, but happy your happy about progress!  Have a great day!

Thank you forkboy! ^_^

You too, hope today is treating you very well!

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.

Ash,

Please get better.

Sincerely,

Everyone

#willsmilieshelp?

# :)

#?

Thank you 'Everyone', lol!  ;)

#AndYESsmiliesdohelp! :love_heart:

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Challenge Week 1 Day 4

MACROS:

Very Happy with my numbers today! I have just about hit my non-workout day macros from the last challenge!  :triumphant:

Protein Shake (1 sc.), 1 T. OJ Concentrate

3 Egg Whites, 1 c. broccoli

Protein Shake (2 sc.), 5 small prunes

1 whole Egg, 1 Egg White, 1/2 c. diced potatoes, small amount of olive oil

Apple, 2 T. PB

Total Macros:  1245 CAL / 122 PRO / 113.5 CHO / 34 FAT (24%)

FLUIDS:

112 oz  !!!   :triumphant:

MOVEMENT:

30 minute walk

Seemed like 30 minutes on the hilly area here is the limit before things start to protest. :nevreness: Will increase it possibly when things are a little better behaved. lol  Someone also gave us an exercise bike so I may try that out. It is a more reclined one so there won't be a lot pf pressure on that hip flexor area. This will be an alternative since we are hitting rainy season here.

I know my walking speed was much better today as I made the circle in 10 minutes today and 2 days ago it took me between 15-20 minutes. I take that as a good sign things are healing.

Pain in the hip flexor was better today. Only sharp jab pains if I moved too quickly instead of the several minutes of mind numbing burning. Preferable!

I have been exceptionally tired today though. Probably the disrupted sleeping. Maybe just my body trying to overall recoup.

And according to the scale I have dropped 7 lbs since coming home from the hospital 5 days ago. This is a bit of a bummer. I know a lot was probably water but also some is most likely the muscle I so diligently worked on last challenge. sigh

Trying not to dwell on it overly.

I do honestly think that maybe next week I could add some light work in, maybe upper body stuff. Would like to try.

And a deal is a deal.    :playful:

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Challenge Week 1 Day 5

Another good day on the Macros.  :triumphant:

MACROS:

Protein Shake (1sc.), 1 T. OJ Concentrate

1 Egg, 1 Egg white, 1 c. broccoli

Chicken (4oz), Bush's Grillin Beans (170g.), 1 c. broccoli, 3 Egg Whites

Apple, 2 T. PB

Total Macros:    1287 CAL / 126 PRO / 139.5 CHO / 31 FAT  (22%)

So I raised the CALs, PROs, & CHOs. Not by tons, but slowly working my way up.

And, we came up with an excellent meal idea. Dumped a 3 lb bag of chicken in the crockpot, then added about 4 cans Bush's Southwestern Grillin beans (thank you Donar) and let it cook all day. Before serving I shredded the chicken and my family had it over rice while I ate it plain with the extra egg whites for the protein. It was awesome! The only thing that has really tasted good since I started eating again.

Fluids: 112 oz today

Actually I almost didn't get the macros & fluids. For some reason I had a spell today where I felt really sick for awhile. Lasted a few hours but it did pass and then I got right back on the macros. Meant cramming things a bit, which kinda sucked but it got done.

MOVEMENT:  Didn't get to go for the walk today, stupid rain.  :(

Tried doing some extra walking around the house, but hard to do with littles under foot. Don't have the bike yet, but should get it soon.

After conversing with Donar I have come up with a few exercises I am going to try out, non weighted, to see how they feel. If they are all ok I will start incorporating them next week. And I will stay within the 10 lb limit until the doctor clears me. Will be mostly upper body stuff. Might try some BW squats.

Need something, and I will be careful. I don't want to hinder getting back to my recomp.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and is prepared for week 2!

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Challenge Week 1 Day 6

Kept the macros the same today. Other than finding a way to up the calories by maybe a hundred or so without upping the rest, everything else is where I want it for now. At least until I start getting more exercise in, which I am hoping for next week. Even then I don't expect to raise it by much.

Trying to figure out where I should be kinda confuses me right now. :wacko:

MACROS:

Chicken (4 oz), Bush's Grillin Beans (170g.), 1 c. Broccoli, 3 Egg Whites

1 Egg, 1 Egg White, 1 c. broccoli

apple, 2 T. PB

Total Macros:    1287 CAL / 126 PRO / 139.5 CHO / 31 FAT  (22%)

FLUIDS:  112 oz  (trying to push this up to my goal of 128 oz., will have it done by Monday)

MOVEMENT:   got my 30 minute walk in :triumphant:

I am definitely able to walk at a good pace now! IMPROVEMENT!

All in all I am able to move around better and overall the pain is just an annoying discomfort. The only thing I CAN NOT do is sit up or lay down directly. It involves more of a roll onto my side and use my arms to get my there. Things are getting better! :)

Have an awesome Sunday everyone!

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Challenge Week 1 Day 7

MACROS:   Aced these today!!!  :triumphant: :triumphant:

Protein Shake (1 1/4 sc.), 1 T. OJ Concentrate

1 Egg, 3 egg Whites, 1 c. Carrots

Apple, 3 T. PB

Total Macros:    1301 CAL / 111 PRO / 119 CHO / 35 FAT  (24%)

FLUIDS:  128 oz    :triumphant: :triumphant:

Plus, I had some coffee today which is a first since leaving the hospital, hadn't been able to tolerate it. Very useful stuff, lol!

MOVEMENT:   35 minute walk    :triumphant: :triumphant:   (Nice day for a walk too, very autumny day)

So......... tomorrow I am bringing the weights back in!  :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant:

Yes, I am planning on being careful and not over doing anything. I have already run through a practice set with all of these both unweighted and with the 10 lb limit I am allowed. Since the weights will be low I am focusing on high reps. This week will look like this:

Monday / Wednesday / Friday

3 sets of 15

Seated DB Press

Seated Side Laterals

DB Curls

Overhead Tricep Kickbacks

I wanted to do Flat DB Bench Press but trying to get on and off the bench, especially with the weights is difficult, so maybe i will try incline pushups off a couch arm. Debating.

Plus I will do as many as is comfortable of:

BW Squats

Hamstring Curls with a band (yeah a few of these seem to be ok)

Calf Raises

And I will be walking or cycling everyday to increase the strength and mobility in that hip flexor.

Looking forward to it!  ^_^

Wishing everyone a most awesome start to week 2!

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Ok, so here is how this morning's first strength training went.

Did 3 sets of 15 of:

Seated DB Press

Seated Side Laterals

DB Curls

Tricep Kickbacks

and, Incline Push ups

I will probably advance to knee pushups in a week or two. There is only a little discomfort in the hands and knees position and I probably could have done knee push ups but I am keeping things safe as promised.

All of this felt crazy easy like my warm up sets prior to working sets before so I will be adding an additional 5 reps next week. Was glad to know that after two weeks I still had strength here.

I also did 3 sets of 15

BW Squats

and Hamstring Curls on the floor with a band

and 3 sets of 10 Calf Raises (limited to 10 because of the quirky right calf acting up from not enough work lately)

BW Squats went well, but slow. Which is good I guess as it really allows me to work on form. I can get parallel. And on the hamstring curls I can lay on the floor on my tummy with just a little support on my arms without bothering anything so those were completely doable.

As far as these went I will wait the week out before deciding to raise anything just yet. Legs were a good wobbly afterwards. ^_^

All in all things went well and it felt really good to get back into the swing of things despite the limitations!  :triumphant:

Hope everyone is having an awesome Monday!

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Looks like a good day back.  Well done.

It was, thank you! :redface:

Felt good to get things working back in that direction!

"Crazy easy" is a sign you are awesome. Wear it proudly.

Lol, thank you DWD! :redface:

Awesome back at you my friend!

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Challenge Week 2 Day 8

MACROS:   :triumphant:

1 Egg, 3 Egg Whites, 1 c. broccoli

Protein Shake (2 sc.), 1 T. OJ Concentrate

Apple, 2 1/2 T. PB

Total Macros:    1211 CAL / 130 PRO / 120.5 CHO / 28.5 FAT  (21%)

Yeah, this is pretty much what I ate yesterday with a small tweak, but I realized that I had incorrectly added the numbers and had to readjust it. And yes, I am eating the same things pretty much everyday. Haven't been able to really do any grocery shopping and this is what I have on hand. Plus, it's easy for me to prepare since cooking is not high on my list currently, lol.  But, I am kinda nerdy that way. I don't mind eating the same things often. :playful:

Plus, this kinda helps me be consistent right now so I can figure out exactly where these numbers should land with my activity level.

FLUIDS:   128 oz  :triumphant:

MOVEMENT:    :triumphant:

I got my strength training session in this morning and a 15 min. walk. Only 15 minutes because it was a busy day and I actually had to do a lot of walking.

Really happy to be back to doing some weights, even if minor. Things may be kinda boring between now and when I see the doctor. But it's all progress forward!

Have a fantastic Tuesday guys!

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

'nough said, right?  BOOOM!  Way to go Ash!

;) You betcha forkboy!

And Thank You! :redface:

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Challenge Week 2 Day 9

MACROS:   :triumphant: :triumphant:

1 Egg, 3 Egg Whites, 1 1/2 c. beets

3 Egg Whites, 1 banana

Apple, 2 1/2 T. PB

8 oz. Nonfat Greek Yogurt, 100 g. Pomegranate 

Total Macros:    1269 CAL / 122 PRO / 131.5 CHO / 27 FAT   (19 %)

FLUIDS:    128 oz     :triumphant: :triumphant:

MOVEMENT:    15 minute cycling    :triumphant: :triumphant:

Yay, got the bike finally!  It is a nice one. Will be a really good alternative to the walking. Just did 15 minutes today as it is a completely different feel from the walking. Even though it is a reclining bike, it still seems to use that hip flexor area more than the walking. Felt a little uncomfortable at first but once I got going it was ok.

Felt really crappy today as I forgot to take the pain pills at bedtime and didn't realize I had forgotten until morning. Spent the night really uncomfortable and couldn't figure out why. I only take the pain meds at night, as they do help the discomfort of laying down enough to help. Plus, my right arm was aching from shoulder to wrist BADLY!  :( I think it comes from laying on it every night.

On some good news! I am sore in my shoulders and quads!!! I was really surprised since the weights on the upper body were crazy easy. But pleased, lol! ^_^

A super big awesome to everyone for Wednesday!!

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Challenge Week 2 Day 10

MACROS:  :triumphant: :triumphant:

1 Egg, 3 Egg Whites, 1 Banana

Apple, 2 1/2 T. PB

3 Egg Whites, 1 C. Broccoli

8 oz Greek Yogurt, 100g. Pomegranate

Total Macros:    1254 CAL / 123 PRO / 134.5 CHO / 16 FAT   (20%)

FLUIDS:    128 oz   :triumphant: :triumphant:

MOVEMENT:   :triumphant: :triumphant:

Strength Training as listed before & 35 minutes of biking

All in all a productive day!  ^_^

Have a fantastic Thursday everyone!

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

MOVEMENT:   :triumphant: :triumphant:

Strength Training as listed before & 35 minutes of biking

All in all a productive day!  ^_^

Have a fantastic Thursday everyone!

All hail the bike. Humanity's bestest invention.

How's the rain?

• Like 1

DWD

Hylian Scout

All hail the bike. Humanity's bestest invention.

How's the rain?

Well, as far as rain it is coming down like it's trying to drown us, lol! But, it won't be a problem for me to do my biking because this is just  an indoor recumbent bike. ^_^

Using it to help me strengthen the muscle in the hip flexor from the surgery and get some mobility back. I agree, it is really helping!

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Challenge Week 2 Day 11   

2 Lean Turkey Patties, banana

Protein Shake, 1 T. OJ Concentrate

3 Egg Whites, Veg. Mix (broccoli,squash,cauliflower,carrots,zucchini)

8 oz Greek Yogurt, 100g. Pomegranate

Banana

Total Macros:    1279 CAL / 131 PRO / 132 CHO / 29 FAT  (21%)

Fluids:    112 oz   :triumphant:

Was in town all evening and wound up missing some. So, only one happy dance for good but not goal.

Movement:   30 minutes biking  :triumphant: :triumphant: 

All in all I am doing better every day. I have no doubt I can get back into the weights for upper body by the time I see the doctor (Dec. 2nd). Lower body stuff I think I will have to play with a bit and work back into the heavier weights more slowly. 99% of the remaining pain when I move around is DIRECTLY located in that left hip flexor and groin area.

But, general moving around and sitting up and laying down without bracing myself as much is getting easier by the day! :triumphant:

Have a wonderful Friday and weekend guys!

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Challenge Week 2 Day 12

MACROS:  :triumphant: :triumphant:

2 Lean Turkey Patties, Banana

Protein Shake (2sc), 1 T. OJ Concentrate

8 oz Greek Yogurt, 100g g. Pomegranate

Banana

Total Macros:    1279 CAL / 144.5 PRO / 132 CHO /  29 FAT  (20%)

FLUIDS:  128 oz   :triumphant: :triumphant:

MOVEMENT:  :triumphant: :triumphant:

Strength Training

30 minutes biking  (6.5 miles)

And that's it in a nutshell! ^_^

Fitting some steak in tomorrow's macros, Yay! Had a really intense craving all week for meat. Not sure what is causing it or the fact that I have been waking up really hungry. Will be taking some stats tomorrow to see what has resulted from being pretty consistent this week with the macros, fluids an exercise.

Wish everyone an excellent weekend!

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Alrighty, time for some stats. I didn't really bother with this the first week because of the time spent in the hospital not eating and then my first week of the challenge being a gradual increase in eating and reaching the current macros. I did take data at the beginning of this week and this is what this week has represented in staying at a pretty consistent macro level and incorporating more exercise into my week (light strength training 3 days and walking/ biking 7 days).

The first week home to the beginning of this week there was a total scale loss of about 8 lbs, but no real change in measurements from what I had taken the week before going into the hospital. And I mainly contributed that scale loss to water and muscle and maybe some fat.

From last Saturday to today the scale reads only a .2 (point 2 drop), but here are the measurements.

1/2 inch drop on each arm

1 1/2 inch drop in waist

1 inch drop in hips

1/2 inch drop on each leg

So, the scale didn't change really for this week but the measurement definitely did.

On to week 3!

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Challenge Week l2 Day 13

Eye of Round Steak (8 oz), Veg. Mix (2 c.)

Protein Shake (1 sc.), 2 T. OJ Concentrate

3 Egg Whites, banana

Greek Yogurt (8 oz), Pomegranate (100g.)

Total Macros:    1265 CAL / 140 PRO / 131 CHO / 33.5 FAT  (24%)

FLUIDS:   128 oz  :triumphant: :triumphant:

MOVEMENT:    30 minutes Biking  :triumphant: :triumphant:

Everything in, everything done. Pretty boring I know. :nonchalance:

Steak was a treat worth the macros! Had one and froze the second for another steak craving. lol

Have a relaxing Sunday everyone!

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Challenge Week 2 Day 14

Macros:    :triumphant: :triumphant:

Lean turkey patties (2), Small Prunes (5)

Protein Shake (2 sc), OJ Concentrate (1 T.)

Egg Whites (3), Veg. Mix (1 c.)

Greek Yogurt (8 oz), Pomegranate (100 g.)

Small Prunes (5)

Total Macros:    1269 CAL / 144.5 PRO / 130 CHO / 28 FAT  (20%)

FLUIDS:  130 oz    :triumphant: :triumphant:

MOVEMENT:   Took a break from biking

Woke up today with a tight pulling sensation that was pretty intense from that incision area in the left hip all the way through the hip flexor. Made walking a bit uncomfortable though no real pain. Don't know if I've been over using it a bit or it is just part of the healing process. But I decided to forgo the biking today and give it a break. I have been biking everyday since walking hasn't been an option due to the weather lately. And I want to be able to do my workouts tomorrow.

Now, let's have an awesome start to week 3 guys!!!   :triumphant:

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Challenge Week 3 Day 15

Whole Egg (1), Egg Whites (3), small prunes (5)

Protein Shake (2 sc.), OJ Concentrate (1 T.)

Egg Whites (3), small prunes (5)

Greek Yogurt (8 oz), Crushed Pineapple (1/2 c.)

Apple, PB (2 1/2 T.)

Total Macros:    1244 CAL / 119 PRO / 130.5 CHO / 26 FAT (19%)

FLUIDS:  130 oz    :triumphant: :triumphant:

MOVEMENT:    Strength Training    :triumphant:

Ok, as I said above I am improving as I am able (slowly) to get on and off the bench for bench press now! That was good. But, I had to forgo biking again today as I tripped on a little that came out of no where and landed kinda hard on that leg and caused the surgery area to complain at me for awhile. It's all ok, just grumpy. (the hip area- not me :D )

Wish everyone a most awesome Tuesday!

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler