Two Towers: Serenity and Flexibility (Jodi's Second Challenge)

Yep, I second swampling. I don't do running well. Unless like Hero, I'm being chased by zombies, lol! :playful:

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

Good Thursday morning, all you beautiful souls!  I can feel a little unrest in my house today, as the winds blow a cool front our way.  I remember from my student teaching days that the kids were always extra crazy on windy days.  Couple that with a full moon, and...wow.  Lots of deep breathing is happening today.  :)

This morning's workout was quick and (relatively) painless.  It was legs/abs day, and as I was doing my torso rotations I told myself "This will help you run like a gazelle!"  I hope it's true.  LOL  I have noticed running is different this time than in the past when I've trained, and I attribute the ease of my motion now to the stronger core I have now.  Woo hoo!!

Yoga happened yesterday.  Lots of forward bends, resulting in a bit of stiffness in my lower back this morning.  Stretching has happened this morning in response...feels soooo good!

This morning's meditation included the mantra Calm  Abundant  Spirit.  I am thinking of including short phrases in these, such as "I am complete."  Might try that next week!  Feeling the calm was especially important today (see previous paragraph re: wind and moon lol)

Going for my last refill on coffee, then off to get the day underway!

Level 2 Amazon Druid

STR 4|DEX 1|STA 1|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 1

My 1st Challenge - Ring Toss, Anyone?     My 2nd Challenge - Jodi's Two Towers     My Battle Log     My Tribe - The Dai-Gurren Brigade

At times, you become almost certain that you slabbed this hillside three days ago, crossed this stream yesterday, clambered over this fallen tree at least twice today already. But most of the time you don’t think. No point. Instead, you exist in a kind of mobile Zen mode, your brain like a balloon tethered with string, accompanying but not actually part of the body below. Walking for hours and miles becomes as automatic, as unremarkable, as breathing. At the end of the day you don’t think, 'Hey, I did sixteen miles today,' any more than you think, 'Hey, I took eight-thousand breaths today.' It’s just what you do.â€

Bill Bryson, A Walk in the Woods

Good job this morning Jodi! :encouragement:

Hope it doesn't get too crazy!

Hope it turns out to be an awesome Thursday for you!

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.

I woke up with much anticipation in light of the challenge before me -- run for 22 minutes on the dreadmill to conquer W6D3 of C25k.  I did some arm stuff, then off to the dreadmill section...  After a few stretches, I climbed aboard.  Got the music pumping into my brain and set off.  (Ash, if you're reading this, you should totally try a station called Sunshine Dance on Jango -- it's the bomb!)  I set the intention for the run -- steady pace, shoulders down and relaxed, tight core, enjoy yourself.  :)  And I did!  I really did!  I mostly stare at a spot on the wall and try to get in a "zone" while I'm on the dreadmill, and that technique was very successful for me today.  I didn't even look at my timer until there was 3:30 left, and I told myself that's just another song.  Mindgames work for me.  ;)  Great start to the Friday!  It's all downhill toward the weekend from here, folks!

This morning's meditation was also planned in anticipation of the task:  Strength  Grace  Courage

:tranquillity:   :tranquillity:   :tranquillity: 

So amazed, so humbled, so ready for the rest of this day, come what may.  I did it!

Level 2 Amazon Druid

My 1st Challenge - Ring Toss, Anyone?     My 2nd Challenge - Jodi's Two Towers     My Battle Log     My Tribe - The Dai-Gurren Brigade

At times, you become almost certain that you slabbed this hillside three days ago, crossed this stream yesterday, clambered over this fallen tree at least twice today already. But most of the time you don’t think. No point. Instead, you exist in a kind of mobile Zen mode, your brain like a balloon tethered with string, accompanying but not actually part of the body below. Walking for hours and miles becomes as automatic, as unremarkable, as breathing. At the end of the day you don’t think, 'Hey, I did sixteen miles today,' any more than you think, 'Hey, I took eight-thousand breaths today.' It’s just what you do.â€

Wow, that sounds like one awesome start to a day! i remember doing something similar when I had a 'dreadmill, lol'. I had a picture that I found really inspirational (I would change them out periodically and could be anything from exercise to nature, ect.) and I just mind zoned on it.

What is Jango? Sounds like something I need to check on! Thanks!

Hope your having an awesome weekend! :triumphant:

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Ash -- Jango is a website (also an app for your phone) on which you can create and customize an internet radio station based on your likes.  You can search by genre, artist, or subject, i.e. Sunshine Dance.  I love it!  I have five or six stations based on my most frequent moods.  :)  You'll love it!

Level 2 Amazon Druid

Ash -- Jango is a website (also an app for your phone) on which you can create and customize an internet radio station based on your likes.  You can search by genre, artist, or subject, i.e. Sunshine Dance.  I love it!  I have five or six stations based on my most frequent moods.   :)  You'll love it!

Thanks Jodi! On my way to check it out!! ^_^

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Ok, I am obviously missing something. HELP! When I put in sunshine dance in the search bar at the top all it says is there is no matches found. Tell me what to do, lol.

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Welllll...apparently you have to sign in/get an account.  I tried finding it without logging in as myself, and I couldn't see it either.  Then when I logged in, voila!

After login, go to Browse Stations ---> Themes and Moods.  Sunshine Dancing is in there.  :)  Enjoy!

Level 2 Amazon Druid

Found it, now did you say you could add a station to a list or something?

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

If it's a preset station like Sunshine Dancing, Jango just plays what it wants.  However, if you type a genre or artist into the search, it will start a station for you that you can influence with "likes" and you can add artists to the station as well.  If you don't like a song, you can give it thumbs-down and it will never play on your station again.  It's a great way to listen to what you want!  I have several stations I can choose from for all my different moods/tasks.

Level 2 Amazon Druid

Ahhh, got it, and thank you Jodi! Very cool, looking forward to using it! ^_^

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

On this day, I ran further on the dreadmill than I think I ever have.  25 minutes!  w00t!!

Level 2 Amazon Druid

WOOT WOOT!! :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant:

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

You are killing that tread mill.  Congrats on the 25 minute time.  I think I will try the sunshine dance station too. 

Great job and keep up the good work!!

Suck it up today so you don't have to suck it in tomorrow!!

"I'm not a princess, I don't need saving. I'm a Queen, I got this shit handled!"

Level 4 Assassin

/not/smart/enough/to/keep/track/of/points

Challenge Thread

I know for a fact that the Sunshine Dancing station was the sole reason for my success on the dreadmill yesterday.  :)

Got the yoga done yesterday as well, plus the meditation, so it's an A for the day.  Goodgood!

This morning I got a text from my workout buddy saying she had injured her back somehow and couldn't get out of bed for our workout.  Boo!  I slept in and got the kidlets off to school, then went to the gym by myself and proceeded to tear up my legs and abs.  :)  I was tempted to hop on the dreadmill for a brisk walk, but I'm going to try to hit a trail for a while before my kids get home from school.  Of course, I also have 457 errands to run before that time, so inevitably the trail hike will be the thing that gets pushed off until tomorrow...  Fortunately, there is the opportunity to walk/jog (I call it wog) around the fields tonight while my youngest is at soccer practice.  Grass instead of asphalt...cooler temps...happy Jodi :)

I am trying to work out a schedule that will allow me one complete rest day per week.  I'm thinking Sunday.  I'm kinda fighting some fatigue and a few mild pains here and there, especially in my lower back and knees.  I've been the Ice Queen the last couple of days when I get back from the gym.   :grey:  Brrr!  Effective, though.  

Time to get going.  Have a great day, everyone! 

Level 2 Amazon Druid

Ok, officially instigating 'wog' as another Brigade term! :playful: I happen to wog quite a bit. particularly when chasing a 2 & 4 yr old, lol!

Hope you workout buddy gets better!

And yes Jodi, put a rest day in, they are very good for you! ;)

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler