Knowledge is Power.

About a month ago I woke up and said to myself, I need to workout more. So I joined a boot camp gym.

Then I said, I need to eat better. So I looked up Paleo, and stumbled across NF. I cut out all sugar, grains and dairy.

I have been doing 3 x 30 minute sessions for the past 7 weeks or so. My weight dropped from 190 down to 186 then back up to 190. My bf% has gone from 25% down to 22%. I lost 6" on my hips, and had to buy new jeans.

I looked into Paleo, Intermittent Fasting, Intermittent Feasting, food composition, Stronglifts 5x5, and any other information I could find about eating and exercising.

I like exercising my mind as much as my body.

In my day job I sit in front of a computer all day. In my fun job I run a race series with a local Motorsports club and I race cars.

I am also an avid gamer, I like boardgames, cards games and video games. I enjoy sci-fi in movies, comics and games.

I am looking to join a guild and try a few challenges, as well as becoming an active member of the Rebellion.

RAH!

Thanks Jess.

Right now I mainly do the boot camp, which is HIIT. The format varies as do the exercises so it is never routine. Basically it is a lot of kettlebell work such as swings, figure 8's, dead lifts. Pushups, squats, burpees, push-press-burpees, TRX, bicycles, the plank,etc.

I am hoping to work the 5x5 into my schedule.

But I also seemed to have tweaked my back in an unfortunate manner, so I need to be careful.

Oh no! You do need to be careful. You really don't want to make that worse or you'll be out for quite a while.

I love the mix of your workouts. I'm headed to the woods tomorrow to do cardio/bodyweight mix, but my time in the gym is typically spent either straight yoga-ing or straight starting strength-ing. Do you think theres a benefit to kettlebells over other types of weights?

Warrior, Ravenclaw, book lover, history nerd, Red Sonja wannabe

Current Challenge

Battle Log

I am doing HIIT and dodgeball this week for exercise.

As for weight...well, weight is weight. It doesn't matter the format, whether kettlebell, barbell or dumbbell. It basically comes down to what exercises do you like to do and what equipment do you require to do them. 

We do a lot of kettlebell work in boot camp and they are preferred for doing kettlebell specific exercises like swings. Swinging a dumbbell between your legs might be painful.

Hahahahaha I'm a klutz, swinging anything between my legs could get painful. I tripped over my cat and fell down a flight of stairs last week. Do you like HIIT? I have a friend who is looking to get into it. Are you doing the 6 week challenge? I know in your original post you mentioned wanting to do challenges but I wasn't sure if you were jumping right in and doing this one.

Warrior, Ravenclaw, book lover, history nerd, Red Sonja wannabe

Current Challenge

Battle Log

Hahahahaha I'm a klutz, swinging anything between my legs could get painful. I tripped over my cat and fell down a flight of stairs last week. Do you like HIIT? I have a friend who is looking to get into it. Are you doing the 6 week challenge? I know in your original post you mentioned wanting to do challenges but I wasn't sure if you were jumping right in and doing this one.

HIIT is cool. Its better than regular cardio, but easier to get hurt if you are not careful because of the intensity.

I will have to look into the 6 week challenge. Do I have to create my own specs or is it pre-determined and I just try to do it?

Not sure how it works to be honest.