Gobnait's grind to wean the house.

Gobnait

Yesterday was a completely no-work day, even though I should have at least cycled the dishwasher to clean.

Well, I did spend a lot of time trying to find a decent "get out and move" game for my phone.  I'll make a note to report back on them, but I think I might just treat myself to Zombies Run.  There is another app I saw called "Burn Your Fat With Me" which looks cute, but isn't tempting right now because of subtitles.

I found something called "HabitRPG" which looks like a decent replacement for ChoreWars if I can figure it out.

I have an infected tooth.  I don't use it for eating and it doesn't hurt, though it might account for why I'm so tired.  I am not into waking up in the morning, and I'm not that enthused about eating.

I have conditions that affect my social awareness.  If I am rude, tell me what I could do better.

5'8" & 220 260 pounds | Miles Walked: X

2019: | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Pre 2017: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | * | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |

Can an infected tooth do that? Lol, that explains a fair bit for me too. I've been lightheaded and low on energy lately, and I'm being evaluated for a root canal on Tuesday (yay).

Good luck with yours!

I'll be looking up HabitRPG and ChoreWars soon - as soon as I can find the time!

Current challenge: Draco Used to Be an Adventurer Like You....

Previous challenge: Draco Returns for a New Adventure

Level 3 Half-Elf Adventurer

6.25 STR | 4 DEX | 6 STA | 4.5 CON | 5.5 WIS | 4.5 CHA

“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.â€

― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Any infection can cause fatigue.  Basically the body is putting resources into making white blood cells or something.

That cooked porkchop I found in the freezer was good, the rice that was with it was unappetizing.  For some reason, my body seems to want meat with texture, so I pulled a steak out of the freezer.

I read that magazine I bought on storage projects, beat a nerve-wracking dungeon in Puzzles and Dragons, and spent most the rest of the day reading a book.

I did cycle the dishwasher to clean, but I really needed to do that twice.

I have conditions that affect my social awareness.  If I am rude, tell me what I could do better.

Pre 2017: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | * | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |

I attempted again to order a countertop refinishing kit... If they cause me much more trouble, I might go with the kit that needs a week instead of two days.  I finally ordered my new license plate sticker, luckily it's the end of the month and not the beginning.

I went to a picnic, didn't have much fun except that I sat next to the only granny there and we had good small talk.  And then a few of the men sat with us during the food.  (Most of the people there were women with young children.  I'm the only childless woman who seems to show up at these things.)  I also ate something that severely disagreed with me, I suspect it was the hotdog bun.  (I can eat sausage, but perhaps hot dogs are different.  I also had potato salad and pasta salad.)

After I came back, I didn't feel like actually doing anything.  I finished reading my book and got bored.  (Need to build myself a desk so that playing Minecraft is comfortable, or so I can drag the PS2 back out of storage.)  I got so bored that I walked to the store to get more eggs, (I was out anyway,) and I bought some pierogies and potstickers while I was at it.  (Frozen is cheaper than fast food and more convenient.)  I had meant to get something from the deli, but cottage cheese and the eggs was the best attempt I made at buying dinner.

I cycled the dishwasher, still needs to be at least emptied and filled again, cleaned up the junkmail, poked at the real mail and didn't find anything interesting except that I need to give my dentist more money.  (Well, I have a coupon for a free Wendy's chili if I buy something else, and a free trial for a membership grocery store called BJ's.)

I'm hoping I can be ready to get started with my living room project by Tuesday.  I don't know if I can shop and finish tidying on Monday, but I think I want to have things laid out so I can start first thing on Wednesday.

That, or I might work up my nerve about it by building the legs for the kitchen countertop, though I won't be able to use it until I manage to order the refinishing kit for the rest of the kitchen.

I think I am getting overwhelmed by the amount of work I am trying to embark on.  I think I'll give myself permission to screw around as long as I leave the house to do it.

I hope your tooth is doing better - that could be affecting your energy a lot.

Breaks are good, and so are cleaning sprints. I'll set a timer for 10 or 20 minutes and just blast through some little chores as fast as I can so I don't get bored or feel overwhelmed. Or not even set a time, just do one drawer, or 3 pieces of mail, or get rid of three things, whatever seems doable at that moment. A lot of times that gives me the energy to do something else. If not, I still earned a little break to do something fun!

I don't know how leaving the house works for you, but if I've got a big mess to tackle, sometimes I feel more overwhelmed knowing it's sitting there waiting for me when I come back, than to just dive in for a set amount of time and make at least some progress. Guess everybody's different.

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

I hope your tooth is doing better - that could be affecting your energy a lot.

Breaks are good, and so are cleaning sprints. I'll set a timer for 10 or 20 minutes and just blast through some little chores as fast as I can so I don't get bored or feel overwhelmed. Or not even set a time, just do one drawer, or 3 pieces of mail, or get rid of three things, whatever seems doable at that moment. A lot of times that gives me the energy to do something else. If not, I still earned a little break to do something fun!

I don't know how leaving the house works for you, but if I've got a big mess to tackle, sometimes I feel more overwhelmed knowing it's sitting there waiting for me when I come back, than to just dive in for a set amount of time and make at least some progress. Guess everybody's different.

The mess part isn't so much of a problem except the best way to deal with it right now is to put it all in a storage room.  What I'm about to leap into are some remodeling projects where I'm not going to be able to stop once I start them, I don't want long half-stages.

The wall that the television is on used to have Ikea bookcases.  I moved those into the storage room and am gearing up to put cabinets and a desk area along the whole wall.  Real wood this time, so mistakes could cost if I make any big ones.

In the meantime, I'm mostly bored because I don't have a desk and video games suck when you gotta hold the keyboard and mouse in the lap.

So much to do in da house.  Real wood?!  Yay?!   Good luck with that!

How's your tooth?  I had to take out an infected wisdom tooth not too long ago.  I didn't know it was infected because it didn't hurt and didn't bother me at all.  But, my energy level was definitely down and have frequent low fevers.  Hope your tooth is feeling better!

Good luck and have fun with Week 4!  Rawr!

Challenge: #1  #2  #3  #4  #5  |  Recipes  |  Level 6.  Kiwi Bird:  Rawr!   |  Team

Blogs I stalk:     Mark's Daily Apple  |   Nom Nom Paleo  |  Ancestral Chef  |  Greatist  |

Ah, that makes more sense of the overwhelm and the boredom! The kitchen counter one, especially, sounds like it could be a pain to get done in a timely fashion. Should be really nice when you get the desk and cabinets done, though.

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

I poked at the mess enough to get a broom around, asked for advice in a woodworking group... got told a couple of juicy tidbits ranging from I couldn't do it without a table saw, I was nuts for wanting to do it without power tools, and that it was possible with stock widths.

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/gwkjantuhi New posts on my tumblr.  Password Ilovenerds.  It looks worse than it is, though not exactly baseline weekend.  Yes, those are catfood cans on the floor.  I swear that if next month's shipment comes dented, I'm going to go back to buying it locally three months at a time.

The swelling in my tooth is down.  There's still some fluid high on the gumline, but I think my fatigue is more emotional at this point.

I've lost my confidence about the woodworking projects.  I especially don't want to go back to the store until I think I know what I'm doing again.

I'm bored, don't feel like doing much and there isn't enough worth doing to muscle through and get my will up.

I prepared myself for bed and realized that it's only 7:00.

I regained some confidence on the woodworking project, got the garbage cans out in time for pickup even though they could wait another two weeks easily, and spent the rest of the day goofing off on the internet and reading fanfiction.

It went from pretty hot to rainy and cool since yesterday, perfect day for curling up and reading.

What kind of woodworking project you are focusing on?  Does it involve saws and nail guns?

Last week was so nice, like a late summer.  But, the last two days have been wet, rainy, and gloomy.  Soup days.

Good luck!

Challenge: #1  #2  #3  #4  #5  |  Recipes  |  Level 6.  Kiwi Bird:  Rawr!   |  Team

Blogs I stalk:     Mark's Daily Apple  |   Nom Nom Paleo  |  Ancestral Chef  |  Greatist  |

I got no power tools except for a small sander and a drill.  I'm going to be getting a saw workout once I get myself in gear.

I'm building a full-wall entertainment center.  Today I thought about it some more and figured out that I don't know what I'm doing.  I was going to go to the lumber store once the rain let up.

Today I tossed the freezer in an attempt to get things organized.  I had actually forgotten about that pepper casserole.  I didn't get things in much of an order, so getting anything out is going to require digging with gloves.

I cycled the dishwasher from clean to clean.

I poked at some small stuff-shifting, but I'm stuck until I'm ready to start building.

I'm unhappy with the progress I've been making since I slowed down, but there hasn't been that much to do.

Basically I'm trying to marshall my energies, but it's starting to stagnate.

I made a late start to go buy rum and sandwich stuff.  I hit such a crowd at each place.  I'm glad that the traffic jam was something I didn't have much involvement in.

I am somewhat ashamed at what my temptations wrought, not counting what stopping at the grocery store in the first place brought me.... apples and a pie pumpkin, a few sweet potatoes, and a bag of onion.  I was after sandwich bread and perhaps filling.

I bought spreadable cheese, which is inoffensive for listing aged cheese as first ingredient and then goes off-diet for food coloring.  I also got liver sausage, which is off-diet for some equally stupid additive, especially how any sausage is anti to what I could make myself.  The biggest fault I could find with either is being able to taste the salt, and considering that I recently dragged out the salt-shaker and used it.....

I also bought potato chips, which are technically on-diet because I got drawn to the salt-flavored ones.  Nothing but potatoes, oil, and salt, in some approximate order.

I haven't done anything, and it was mostly getting drunk after being worn-out from going out.

I must not get drunk on a malnourished stomach, especially since I don't think I manage to eat at a life sustaining level every day.

I stepped in something that caused all of the dust I've been stirring up to cling to the bottom of my feet.  Suddenly I had no traction and fell hard.  Interesting bruises, but I think I should add parkour to a challenge in the spring.  If I can still be shrugging about such a fall while sober, I shouldn't be afraid of falling over while soberly doing something that might go wrong.

I've ignored the house enough that I think I can deal with things without getting bored.  Plus I've almost got my project figured out.  I think housework and cooking another batch of food is in order.  (I like cooking, especially woven with cleaning.)  Next week's cooking is more about not wanting to put things in the freezer, but rather spending some time feasting to see if I can't get my appetite to behave.  I don't feel hunger, but I do start to experience a breakdown of civility.

And I just broke off a tooth.  I should have known those potato chips were too hard.

What upsets me most is that I'm so used to loosing large chunks of teeth that I'm not even reacting.  (Compare a few years ago when the temporary cap on the other side finally gave way, I was still freaking out about the stump the fifth time I shoved it back on.)  I'm thinking straight to having to pay the dentist the money that I owe him so he can look at the stump.

For the longest time I didn't take care of my teeth, mostly due to lack of insurance.... Have you looked into programs like DentalSave? One annual payment gets you fixed fee dental services. It's the only thing letting me get mine worked on right now....

Feel better...

Current challenge: Draco Used to Be an Adventurer Like You....

Previous challenge: Draco Returns for a New Adventure

Level 3 Half-Elf Adventurer

6.25 STR | 4 DEX | 6 STA | 4.5 CON | 5.5 WIS | 4.5 CHA

“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.â€

― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

For the longest time I didn't take care of my teeth, mostly due to lack of insurance.... Have you looked into programs like DentalSave? One annual payment gets you fixed fee dental services. It's the only thing letting me get mine worked on right now....

Feel better...

I do remember my mother bitterly complaining that she paid huge sums just to save a pittance on my dental bills.  And my grandmother bitching about how fastidiously she brushed only to end up with dentures.

I've got decent insurance now, and no good reason to make my dentist send me bills.

I'm still upset how I'm not reacting to my broken tooth.  Most of my angst is that I couldn't get insurance in time to save four of my teeth from extraction.

I'm too stupid to learn how to be an X while taking courses in Y. 

Bummer about your teeth. I hate going to the dentist, but I hate losing teeth even more! I hope things will be going better for you soon. At least it sounds like the boredom is in retreat and you are gearing up for action.

I hear you on how hard it is to manage one's appetite. I go along not feeling hungry, then it hits all at

once and is so hard to not go astray on the diet. I get grumpy, too, and don't even realize that it's just that I'm hungry. It's like the sensors are turned off, or something.

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

Why is it that when I trip up on these challenges, I do it so spectacularly that I spend the rest of the time limping if I eventually manage to get to my feet at all?

I did manage to eat enough steak for two people yesterday.  There is some left, but it was getting cold and I decided that I wanted the onions and peppers and meat juice with rice.  I think my paprika went bad because it tasted like brown.  I just tried to eat the leftover rice.... have you ever seen that episode of Doctor Who  where Emily Pond spends half the night trying to cook something for the Doctor to eat, just to have him declare everything is disgusting?

I have been neglecting the house and refusing to see it for a while now... time to see how long I can occupy myself with the mess... before I start not being able to eat is because I'm out of dishes.

I don't really know what happened today.  The kitchen did spend some time looking like I had cycled the dishwasher, but it needs to be done again.  I had to throw out a squash I had neglected to mill before it turned moldy, fortunately my food waste is still lower than a typical person.

I did enjoy one thing I ate today... a knifeful of heavily-processed peanut butter that I have for a bizarre reason.  The rest I managed to boredom-eat.

Figuring out what to eat for the day is always on my mind.  I totally get what you mean about cooking and not feeling satisfied with the food made...  That happens quite often to me lately.  Sigh.  And I end up eating less "wholesome" food.  Good thing there is always tomorrow.

Hope things are better today!  Rawr!  Take care of yourself!

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines