upirygirl finds her zen

DELETED

But, it WAS for a race registeration!  Rawr!  You are getting things done and outta the way plus showing committment to fitness!  Rawr Rawr!  Super Rawr!

lol don't encourage my bad habits! :-P

it's technically a virtual race... a virtual half marathon, which i can complete at the same time as my ZR5K training. once i log 13.1 miles, i email them to say i've finished and they send me a sweet medal. (it's the Doctor Who virtual race that's mentioned over in the Running section of NF).  i mentioned it on FB and now my cousin is hoping to do it too, which is cool.

but im done with the credit card. no mores. no more races or anything unless i can pay cash (or use my debit card, which is sort of the same thing) because... see below

i've identified one of the major sources of stress for me right now - this new part time job. it's too much work for too little pay and too much stress because of all the things that can and do go wrong.  the girl is going to hate me, and her best friend (who i work  with at my full time job) is probably not self controlled enough to not be a snot to me, but i've always said my health is the most important thing and... the stress is affecting my health. i'm roller-coaster-y emotions and hardly sleeping and crying all the time and have moments of seriously bad thoughts... it's not worth it. i was really hoping i could have 2 jobs and use the money to help get me out of debt but... not at the risk of running myself into an early grave. :/

anyway: today goal status

calm.com - check

relaxing activity or meditation - not checked. this will be the "7th day" for the week.

physical activity - check

no credit card use - not checked.

this person really wants to delete their account but can't because it's not allowed.

I totally get what you are saying.  Bad part-time environment is not good.  Have you thought about selling off your stuff like old textbooks, small applicances, things you don't need, etc?  Working two jobs is pretty hard & stressful and can put a toll on your mental health and overall health as well.

I sold a lot of books and textbooks on half.com and small stuff on amazon for awhile back when I needed extra cash to help me pay off debt.  It's not steady income, but every little bit helps.

Good Luck with everything!  You are Strong!  :)

positive-thinking.jpg

Challenge: #1  #2  #3  #4  #5  |  Recipes  |  Level 6.  Kiwi Bird:  Rawr!   |  Team

Blogs I stalk:     Mark's Daily Apple  |   Nom Nom Paleo  |  Ancestral Chef  |  Greatist  |

Looks to me like you're really doing well on the physical and calm.com goals, and that's great!  Some positive progress to focus on.  I think if you can stay strong and commit to finish the other goals the rest of the week, you'll have a successful week under your belt.  It's hard to start making these changes, and it can take a while to build momentum, but once you start to build some critical mass?  Watch you fly.  :)  Give it some time.  Just don't give up and things will start to get easier.

And keep looking for other jobs.  There's got to be a good one out there that won't be so stressful.  You're smart to realize it's not the right environment and take the next steps.

Cheering you on!

~Miranda (aka Farax K)

Stars hide your fires for these here are my desires
And I won't give them up to you this time around
And so I'll be found with my stake stuck in the ground
Marking the territory of this newly impassioned soul ~ Mumford and Sons

Hey,

I was thinking about the credit card thing, my husband has issues with that too, so basically we cut up his card. Would that be something you could do? Or do you like having it for emergency use..

If the second job is causing you this much stress, maybe the best thing is to take some time back for yourself. If you have enough money from the first job, could maybe set aside a specific amount of money for debt each month, the way you would put money aside for bills. Yes it will take longer than having 2 jobs but your mental health is important too.

We do this for my husband's credit card. We allocate approximately 3 x the minimum payment amount to ensure more than the interest is being paid back. Then when you're feeling stronger within yourself then try to find a second job again.

Or just ignore everything I said :) you know what's best for yourself. I'm here in your corner rooting for you though xx

P.s, for notifications have you checked in 'my settings', your email notifications could be turned off. Wild guess :)

'The only Limits you have, are the ones You set for yourself'

1    2

P.s, for notifications have you checked in 'my settings', your email notifications could be turned off. Wild guess :)

nope. settings haven't changed. still set to get email notifications. good thought tho.

this person really wants to delete their account but can't because it's not allowed.

this morning hasn't been going so great. coworker made cookies. so I had one. then I went back and said I needed another cookie because someone ate mine. "you?" she asked. "shhhh!" i replied!  I've also drunk an entire 20oz cola.  I haven't had that much cola in a single day since the beginning of the last challenge.  that needs to stop right now or before I know it, i'll be back up to 2-3 bottles a day.  I've also picked at my blemishes until they were bleeding and twisted my fingers around each other for so long that one of them actually still hurts. sorry if that's more than you all wanted to know... I've just dropped like a stone into a dark place again and I don't want to be in this dark hole anymore!  I want out.

people keep asking me "wasn't there a time in your life when you were happy?"

funny thing about depression and memory... it's kinda like the government handing you a document and half of the text is blacked out because it's classified.  trying to remember when I was happy is like trying to read the parts the government has blacked out.  you start wondering too what exactly is behind the black boxes... do I even want to know? is that a time I was happy or a time where I was even more miserable and my brain blacked it out so I don't hurt anymore? did my brain black that out to protect me or did depression black that out to protect itself?

but I've kept thinking about it... everyone tells me I used to be happy... and while I don't think I was as happy as they seem to think I was... I am very good at putting on my "happy face" after all... surely I haven't always been as miserable as I am right now.  so I keep thinking and thinking and thinking and then... I remember...

I remember a time I was sort of happy and could kind of deal with stress and had something I enjoyed a bit.  roughly 10 years ago in college... we had to take 1 credit of a physical fitness class. any one we wanted. since tennis and step aerobics weren't my thing, and avoiding being sweaty was a main goal (i really hate being sweaty), I wound up in a Tai Chi class. 

i really liked tai chi. i liked the controlled but relaxed movements. i liked that i had to focus on what i was doing enough that my mind didn't wander as much...  i liked hearing the theories about how energy flowed through the body, about how if you move your body this way it helps released blocked energy but if you move your body that way, it could make it more blocked.  i liked that the instructor kicked my ass out of class the day i was sick because my "energy needed to be used in getting better" and not being wasted just showing up at a class because i was "supposed" to.  (why can't my boss think that way?!)

the more i thought about tai chi, the more i decided i want to take it up again.  to the internet i went.  there's actually a class i could take on Tuesdays that is only 25 minutes from my house. around here, that's practically next door!  i was concerned about the money tho - it's $14 for the class, plus an additional hour of driving every week, which means more money into my fuel tank.  but there's this lovely note on their website. "we will never refuse to teach someone for lack of ability to pay. simply ask and we will work something out so you can learn."

EDIT: I didn't realize that google maps changed the location i asked for directions to from the place where the Tai Chi is held to a similarly named place nearby. the class is actually almost an hour away, which makes it not really doable... sigh. back to work for now. more research later i guess. thanks google maps for picking me up and then body slamming me back down.

so tonight mom and i are going to "play pushin' buttons."  (this is what we call it when we work on our budgets.) i'm going to try to budget in the tai chi. if i cant make it work, i'm going to email them and see what my options are.

PS - in case anyone is curious why we call budgeting "playing pushin buttons" - it was coined by my brother when were kids. he didn't understand excel or whatever program mom used at the time. all he knew was when he wanted something and there was no money in the budget, sometimes mom would push a button and poof! all the negative numbers disappeared and we had money again.  he didn't understand that she had just rearranged all the money for the week or pushed a bill payment back or whatever to get him what he needed. it was just this magic game where mom pushed a button and we had money for what he needed.  so when he wanted something and mom said we couldn't afford it, he would ask if she could just play pushin' buttons and find the money.  eventually she had to explain to him exactly what she was doing so he understood it wasn't really magic and there were times when we REALLY couldn't afford something. 

... we have a lot of family phrases ...

PPS - thank you kiwi, faraxk, and kiara for the encouragement above.  it means a lot to have people cheering me on. <3

*sending positive energy your way*

I came across this post a while back http://nerdfitnessrebellion.com/index.php?/topic/12098-i-will-not-let-kim-kardashian-ruin-my-life/#entry174949

I think it's pretty ingenius and you might get a chuckle or two out of it!

Challenge: #1  #2  #3  #4  #5  |  Recipes  |  Level 6.  Kiwi Bird:  Rawr!   |  Team

Blogs I stalk:     Mark's Daily Apple  |   Nom Nom Paleo  |  Ancestral Chef  |  Greatist  |

today i received ALL of the missing notification emails. lol. so hopefully it was just a hiccup and they will come thru on time now.

i did calm.com today. did the next zombies run 5k session.  ankle killed, but my little drill sergeant came out and i pushed thru. tho i am starting to wonder if this is all helping or hurting... :/

no credit card use. had just enough cash to get some lunch, which was good because i didnt pack anything.  just need to meditate or do a relaxing activity. haven't decided which im going for but one will happen before bed.

*sending positive energy your way*

I came across this post a while back http://nerdfitnessrebellion.com/index.php?/topic/12098-i-will-not-let-kim-kardashian-ruin-my-life/#entry174949

I think it's pretty ingenius and you might get a chuckle or two out of it!

thanks kiwi! i had actually seen that thread before but never sat down and read the whole thing.  there's a lot of win in there.

maybe i should name my depression too... but what to name it! i must think of a celebrity that i despise... who do you all dislike? help me brainstorm. lol

Wow so much is going on. I totally get the classified document analogy. Its easy for me to say 'dont worry about it' and 'it'l be fine' but I know that doesnt help.

Having some experience with family members who live with depression, I just want to say there are people who care about you and love you. Take whatever little moments of happiness you find in the day, whether its a small thing or not, and hang on to that feeling. You can beat the dementors. Something I always used to say to my brother is, when your ready, I'm here. I'm sorry if I'm being too familiar. I genuinely care :)

Hope your feeling a little better today, and your day is going well.

xx

1    2

Charlie Sheen?  Matt Lauer?  Nicolas Cage?  Jim Carrey?  Justin Bieber? 

Just a few off the top of my head...

lol. all excellent choices. so far Justin Bieber and Dr. Phil are leading the list but neither feels exactly right.

Wow so much is going on. I totally get the classified document analogy. Its easy for me to say 'dont worry about it' and 'it'l be fine' but I know that doesnt help.

Having some experience with family members who live with depression, I just want to say there are people who care about you and love you. Take whatever little moments of happiness you find in the day, whether its a small thing or not, and hang on to that feeling. You can beat the dementors. Something I always used to say to my brother is, when your ready, I'm here. I'm sorry if I'm being too familiar. I genuinely care :)

Hope your feeling a little better today, and your day is going well.

xx

today is a little better. some anxiety in the morning and im not sure where it was coming from, but it led to anxious daydreams. been trying to just push myself back to reality. if im going to not work / daydream, they should at least be happy... or sexy. one or the other. :)

meditation went a little better last night, so i'm a bit happy about that. not sitting in the bedroom helped a lot with puppy-kitteh troubles. daisy just laid down in the bedroom and maddie was sniffing my toes then walked across my chest and poked my face. it didn't really bother me and I think it will stop as I start sitting there more often. (I have a couch and chair I pretty much never sit on... so she was probably confused.. either that or it was a "um, mom... that's MY chair... could you move your big butt off of it please?")

and not too familiar at all. I appreciate that you care.

*adds "the dementors" to the list of possible names for my depression*

Dr. Laura.  Utterly hateable, poison spewing, causing people to hate themselves c-word woman.  That'd be my go to.

I am 48.  Here is what I have learned.  Somehow, some way, the shit always flushes.  ALWAYS.  It is hard to remember that when you are chin deep in it, it really is, but it is true.  Sometimes, the best we CAN do is to endure until that flush happens. 

ALL we can control is our own actions and reactions.  At the end of the day, if those are in balance, and if those are working in a manner that is helping US recover while not harming anyone else in the process, we are doing a good job.  You are doing a lot of reflecting.  You are dealing with stuff that you have not dealt with. It is hard, it is going to stir up feelings.  Be gentle to yourself if your goals are not met perfectly during this process.  You WILL get there. 

Level 2 Halfling Adventurer

Strength 1 Dexterity 1 Stamina 3 Constitution 4 Wisdom 3 Charisma 2

Current Challenge Thread

First Challenge Thread

Fit to Eat: my posts on the Sweatpants & Coffee Site

in an effort to keep this from being a thread of negativity, i'm going to also throw out positives when they happen. easier to remember them if they are written down.

1. calm.com has GUIDED meditations. how I missed that before, no idea, (seriously it's the button right above the timed session button...) but I found it today and what a lovely tool.

2. one of my online friends is a physical therapist and, after I got up the courage to bother her (as I don't like to be all "hey I know you get paid to do this for a living but can you help me for free"), I ran past her what my research has led me to believe is the problem with my ankle and she totally agrees.  problem muscle: peroneus brevis. it's the cause of the pain AND the cause of the slight turn-out in my left foot. or maybe the turnout is the cause of the pain. either way, it all goes down to that particular muscle. so now I know what to work on!! woot! it might slow down my running training, I might not finish zombies run 5k before the challenge is over, but if I can get that muscle (and it's supporting muscles) stronger, I wont be in pain and running will be more enjoyable! yay!!

3. it's Friday. I get to go home after work today. not to my other job, not to the fitness trail - home. there will be puppy and kitteh snuggles aplenty. (and some strength training, which I just haven't had the energy for. you've been warned, arms!)

Dr. Laura.  Utterly hateable, poison spewing, causing people to hate themselves c-word woman.  That'd be my go to.

I am 48.  Here is what I have learned.  Somehow, some way, the shit always flushes.  ALWAYS.  It is hard to remember that when you are chin deep in it, it really is, but it is true.  Sometimes, the best we CAN do is to endure until that flush happens. 

ALL we can control is our own actions and reactions.  At the end of the day, if those are in balance, and if those are working in a manner that is helping US recover while not harming anyone else in the process, we are doing a good job.  You are doing a lot of reflecting.  You are dealing with stuff that you have not dealt with. It is hard, it is going to stir up feelings.  Be gentle to yourself if your goals are not met perfectly during this process.  You WILL get there. 

I had to look up who Dr. Laura is and I'm still not sure. kinda glad I've dodged a bullet ever having to hear her speak considering how you feel about her!

great lesson, wideeyed. thank you. ive been trying to tell myself similar things... the sun always rises, etc.  but your shit example seems a bit more fitting.

yes, all I can control is me - sort of. lol.  i'm too react-y.  "act, don't react" was a big theme of a xena episode once. I've always remembered it and try to remind myself of it. more action, less reaction. the problem with reactions is they happen so automatically that sometimes im in the middle of it before I realize it's even started. i'm sure pavlov's dog could have eventually been trained to bark instead of drool when it heard a bell, but it wouldn't have been an overnight thing... of course neither was getting it to drool on command either.  it's a process. i'll get there... just more slowly than impatient-me likes.

I will be gentle with me. the grades of the challenge only matter so much... I feel like as long as I don't just walk away - as long as I keep trying and learn SOMETHING - then the challenge was successful overall. mom likes to say we don't fail, we just learn what doesn't work. I don't know who exactly she's paraphrasing or quoting, but I try to keep it in mind when im feeling less than perfect.

lol. all excellent choices. so far Justin Bieber and Dr. Phil are leading the list but neither feels exactly right.

today is a little better.

meditation went a little better last night, so i'm a bit happy about that. 

and not too familiar at all. I appreciate that you care.

*adds "the dementors" to the list of possible names for my depression*

:) great that meditation is going better.

I call it dementors because it helps me to imagine it as a thing rather than just a feeling, and then being able to imagine my patronus defeating it. EXPECTO PATRONUM :)

I will be gentle with me. the grades of the challenge only matter so much... I feel like as long as I don't just walk away - as long as I keep trying and learn SOMETHING - then the challenge was successful overall. mom likes to say we don't fail, we just learn what doesn't work. I don't know who exactly she's paraphrasing or quoting, but I try to keep it in mind when im feeling less than perfect.

Exactly. This.

1    2

Hey upirygirl, loved your positive thoughts, and despite the set-back with your ankle, your commitment to be gentle with yourself and keep trying for what you still can do, is SPOT. ON.  I went through a bout of depression about two years ago, and I had to quit my job and do a bunch of soul-searching and try different things to get me back to a stable place.  The fact that you're here and working on your challenge says so much about how you want to get to a better and more content place.  One tool I used that helped me was this workbook and maybe it would help you too: 

I was even able to get it from my library so I didn't have to buy it so you might check your library, but a used one isn't too expensive on Amazon either.  At any rate, I just wanted to throw that out there as another tool that might help you, since it helped me.

You're doing great, and we're so glad you're here trying.   :)

~Miranda (aka Farax K)

:) great that meditation is going better.

I call it dementors because it helps me to imagine it as a thing rather than just a feeling, and then being able to imagine my patronus defeating it. EXPECTO PATRONUM :)

i can't think of the patronus now without a Nerdgasm commercial popping into my head (pretty sure it's for nerdgasm)... where the girl is all "Expecto patronum!" and then goes "and my patronus would be a kitten."

which makes me giggle as i start picturing an ethereal kitten going after dementors, swatting with its tiny kitteh paws...

Hey upirygirl, loved your positive thoughts, and despite the set-back with your ankle, your commitment to be gentle with yourself and keep trying for what you still can do, is SPOT. ON.  I went through a bout of depression about two years ago, and I had to quit my job and do a bunch of soul-searching and try different things to get me back to a stable place.  The fact that you're here and working on your challenge says so much about how you want to get to a better and more content place.  One tool I used that helped me was this workbook and maybe it would help you too: 

I was even able to get it from my library so I didn't have to buy it so you might check your library, but a used one isn't too expensive on Amazon either.  At any rate, I just wanted to throw that out there as another tool that might help you, since it helped me.

You're doing great, and we're so glad you're here trying.   :)

thank you so much! it means a lot, truly. it's hard to explain to some people that a ton of my effort is going into what appears to be not much, so it's encouraging that the people on NF get it. so much of my energy is diverted to just getting my ass out of bed, dressed, and to the office... i really DO want to get better, and this time without a pharmaceutical (aka temporary) solution.  im tired of the roller coaster.  i won't lie - i'm scared. i've struggled with depression for so long that it's almost comfortable (in that it's familiar)... will i even like non-depressed me? will other people like her? will i still like skulls?! (i love skulls.)

i will definitely check out that book. we dont have a free library around here (that i'm aware of. gawd i miss NJ) but i have some reward points for amazon, so i might still be able to get it for "free."  if that doesn't work, i can see if any bookstores in the area have it.

i can't think of the patronus now without a Nerdgasm commercial popping into my head (pretty sure it's for nerdgasm)... where the girl is all "Expecto patronum!" and then goes "and my patronus would be a kitten."

which makes me giggle as i start picturing an ethereal kitten going after dementors, swatting with its tiny kitteh paws...

thank you so much! it means a lot, truly. it's hard to explain to some people that a ton of my effort is going into what appears to be not much, so it's encouraging that the people on NF get it. so much of my energy is diverted to just getting my ass out of bed, dressed, and to the office... i really DO want to get better, and this time without a pharmaceutical (aka temporary) solution.  im tired of the roller coaster.  i won't lie - i'm scared. i've struggled with depression for so long that it's almost comfortable (in that it's familiar)... will i even like non-depressed me? will other people like her? will i still like skulls?! (i love skulls.)

i will definitely check out that book. we dont have a free library around here (that i'm aware of. gawd i miss NJ) but i have some reward points for amazon, so i might still be able to get it for "free."  if that doesn't work, i can see if any bookstores in the area have it.

My wife struggles with depression and came off medication so we could have our son. She has not gone back to medication and she has some challenging days where it is all she can do to get out of bed and get dressed. Keep going! We are here to support you!

Lvl 8 ◠Half-Elf breaking free of an Ogre’s body ◠Ranger
STR 11.5; DEX 2; STA 19.5; CON 13; WIS 13; CHA 5
Fire Flower Power-up
“Things Do Not Happen. Things Are Made to Happen†– John F. Kennedy

My current challenge

2014 - My Year of Badassery (Battle Log)

Twitter

Instagram

Past Challenges:

#1; #2; #3; #4, #5, #6, #7, #8

Last Week Recap:  Met all goals except for zombies run - i'm already a little behind because I was focusing on ankle strength instead of running on sunday evening - and credit card, which was used one time. However, the budget is all updated now and provided I don't use the credit card anymore (and don't somehow lose my job), I won't wind up in the poorhouse anytime soon.  I've been getting better at saying, "do I really need that? and if I need it, do I need it right this very moment or can it wait?"

I'm super anxious. I know it's just wanting to get on with quitting the part time job, which I can't do until Wednesday.  I keep telling myself the fallout I am imagining probably won't happen, but that only works so much.

I spent the weekend helping out at a outdoor craft fair with the animal shelter I used to volunteer at regularly. My friends there missed me and asked if i'd come by, and in order to see all of them, I had to go both days.  i'm probably going to wind up helping them out more often again... and there's a chance I might wind up treasurer of the board... which they really need, but i'm afraid of taking it on.  I dodged it the last time they asked, which wound up being a really good thing as I would have flaked out... I stopped volunteering at all.  I wasn't even coming to play with the animals anymore... and given how tired I am from the PT job, i'm afraid of picking up volunteer work instead and winding up in the same exhausted, stressed out place. 

I feel like it might be a little different this time. The President of the Board, after repeatedly asking me if I would run the craft fair planning/setup/etc this year like I did last year, had to take it on herself after I refused.  Saturday she told me she hadn't slept in almost 48 hours and had been saying for about two weeks, "now I know why Christy didn't want to do this... there's no way in hell I will do this next year."  Apparently the Shelter Manager wanted to call me often with questions but the President was pretty sure I was serious in my "I don't want to do the craft fair this year." 

Additionally, the bookkeeping has fallen way behind again because after I fixed it, the two people after me flaked out on keeping it up and no one could even be bothered to train the President how to use the software... this time, the President wanted to call me and Shelter Manager said to leave me alone. 

The idea that I'm a big solution to someone's problem... i'm not sure how to feel about that.  I'm not sure if that means i'm more awesome that I realize or if things are worse off over there than I realize.  Either way, I don't know that I want that kind of pressure.  Last time it took me 3 months to get the bookkeeping caught up because it was about a year behind... and it's about the same again.

I'm rambling. Just indecisive. I told them I would need some time to think about if I could help again... one of the women there was saying she'd rearrange her schedule to be there on days i'm there because she misses me.  even this, a totally sweet "you're my friend and i'd like to see you more often" sentiment, makes me feel pressured and stressed. :/

My wife struggles with depression and came off medication so we could have our son. She has not gone back to medication and she has some challenging days where it is all she can do to get out of bed and get dressed. Keep going! We are here to support you!

thank you. and im sending positive vibes to your wife (and you!) to help get thru those challenging days.

Well done for being able to say 'do I really need that!'.. I've been saying alot of that recently too!

I would definitely take it as a compliment that they want you to run it and specifically you, you Are more awesome than you realise,but you were right to put yourself first. If you feel it's taking too much of you, a step back is the right move. Maybe you could help out without running it that way all the responsibility and stress ain't on you. Obvious only do what you feel is right for you :)

If it all feels too pressurized, take the sweet thing that person said, bask in the glow but don't go if you don't want to.

Its good you didn't feel like you have to say yea on the spot and took some time to think about it. You may feel differently closer to the time :)

1    2

thanks kiara and kiwi!  i'm feeling more up today than I have in a while. I think because I know tonight is my last night at the PT job.  I wound up resigning via text message yesterday because I forgot my supervisor doesn't work on Wednesday and I didn't want to just spring it on her today. (I was already only giving 24 hours notice... I didn't want that to drop down to zero notice.)  her text back said she understood and I gotta do what I gotta do and we could talk more today.  hopefully she really DOES understand and doesn't seem too upset.

counting down has been a big help in getting through the week. today I was actually hungry at lunch time (I haven't been hungry in days) and im even almost sort of excited again about the color run on Saturday.  I figured out what to give my coworker-friend for her birthday next month (we're going to go to a local haunted place and do a night time tour!) and emailed the place to get more info.  I have an appointment with the orthopedist next week about my ankle, and i'm not sure I've ever been so excited to see a medical professional. (no i'm sure. I've NEVER been excited to see ANY medical professional before ever.)  mom and I have been talking about joining the health center at the hotel again which means I could actually start lifting. (provided they have stuff for lifting. I haven't actually seen the place as I never wound up going when we had the membership last time. so i'm going to drive down and look sometime within the next week) and im seriously considering trying paleo again - actually the auto-immune protocol...

I feel like my brain is going 900 miles an hour.  it usually does when I come out of the dark, then settles down pretty quickly to normal.  im waiting til it settles to make any huge decisions, since I don't want to take on a bunch again without really thinking it through.  so while that's happening, I will keep on with meditating and doing nice things and exercising (and not using credit. I haven't used it except that one slip!! woot!).

OH! I finished a quilt block. hand sewing takes significantly longer (well for me anyway) so even simple blocks take a while. but last night I got one done. and while sewing itself wasn't 100% relaxing because my cat was being a bit of a spaz, there was the big happy of "yay it's done!" at the end.

so... im feeling rambly. loves to all of ya. im hoping to sit down and catch up on everyone's threads in the next day or so, now that i'm not all wrapped up in layers. (shrek reference.)

Happy to hear you're feeling better!  It sounds like you're being really thoughtful about what to participate in.  Just know that people are happy to see you, happy for all you do, and that you don't have to feel pressure about that.  Do what you're comfortable doing, but don't withdraw completely, sometimes it helps to do the "normal' things.

Anyway, sorry I don't mean to be advice naggy.  Happy you're feeling better, and hope this week just keeps going up.  :)

~Miranda (aka Farax K)

Glad the haze is lifting a bit and that you have things you are planning.  Micromovements are fine.  We should celebrate them when we make them.  Lots of micromovements over time are more likely to lead to lasting change than huge, sweeping alterations all at once. 

Level 2 Halfling Adventurer

Strength 1 Dexterity 1 Stamina 3 Constitution 4 Wisdom 3 Charisma 2

Current Challenge Thread

First Challenge Thread

Fit to Eat: my posts on the Sweatpants & Coffee Site

So glad you're feeling a little better! :) and defo making steps in the right direction. Well done for not making rash decisions, I know how easy it is to do that then regret it later.

Woohoo on the quit block!! :D

P.S Haunted place sounds really cool but really scary. Lol, I'm a scaredy cat. Look forward to you telling us about that.

1    2

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines