upirygirl finds her zen

DELETED

thanks everyone!

the high went away and settled down a little lower than i expected, but still up from where i was so i'm ok with it.  i'm on course to have met all goals this week, provided i don't completely flake out today. (which i don't intend to)

the Color Run was yesterday and it was... ok. Don't tell anyone that it wasn't as much fun for me as I've been saying, ok? It will be our secret. 

It was a little much for me. Not the run itself, or the colors - that was actually kind of cool.  It always comes down to people. I went with my mom, 3 coworkers and some of their friends/family.  I have trouble being with more than 2 people max for any extended period of time.  I'm pulled in too many directions... i spend my energy trying to make sure everyone else is enjoying themselves and that leaves very little energy to do what i need to do to have a nice time. I spent more time than I liked just wishing the entire day was over already and had to fight really hard to not just start crying on the way home.  i was even more vocal this time about what my plans were and i swear no one heard a word i said.  about 2/3 thru the course, mom and i were able to break away from everyone else, finish the race, headed straight to my stepdad, then to the car, and left. i texted everyone else that we were headed out AFTER we were on the road.

But it's over now and I never have to do it again.  Any more races I attend will be solo, or with ONE other person max.

OH and it wasn't even a 5k!!! I used MapMyFitness to track distance and time so I could log it, and it was only a 2.8 mile course. WTF.

Anyway - since I still needed quite a few miles to finish out my virtual half marathon, I went for a solo walk in the afternoon. did another 2.5 miles even though I was exhausted and in pain and actually had a much nicer time than the morning. Yup, i'd rather be alone and in pain than with people.  is that kind of thing "fixable?" do i even want to fix it?  it's everyone else that says i should socialize more... and it feels like doing that would still be altering my behaviour to make everyone else happy...

Moving on... my joints are a little unhappy today, but I have about 5 more miles for the half marathon that I want to try and finish today if I can. I will probably just walk - have been holding off on running until I see the orthopedist and have him/her tell me it's ok.  Walking is ok tho... closest I can get to running away from life right now is a long walk, so i'll take it.

Then I need to clean. The place is a mess and it's stressing me out.  I need to get groceries and i'd like to try and cook some stuff today and wrap it up so i have less cooking during the week.

Talked to mom again about joining a health center. the one at the hotel isn't going to work - their "gym" is a pool, 3 treadmills, a rowing machine and one rack of dumbbells. So i stopped at the rec center, which i remember being a tad overpriced, but they had the pool my parents wanted, so if they had a better free weights section with a squat rack, it would work for all of us... and they do. So mom and i are 90% ready to join. just waiting to convince stepdad of it.  way more than we want to spend but if health isn't a priority for what money should be spent on, then i don't know what is.

EDIT: Mom says she can't afford to join. Sigh. Need to work out if I can afford it now that she's not splitting the fees with me, which is probably a No. One step forward, two steps back.

this person really wants to delete their account but can't because it's not allowed.

Way to go running a (almost) 5K!  And even making up the missing mileage.  That is total dedication if I've ever seen it.  It's good that you're taking notes too on what works for you.  I'm a pretty solo workout person as well, and sometimes you just gotta do what feels right for you.

Hope you can get the house cleaned today.  I'm the same way, a messy house stresses me out.  It always feels good to look around and see a clean space.  It's like a mental boost.

Anyway, I hope you can figure out a gym plan if that really helps you to work out.  Gyms are so expensive.  : /

~Miranda (aka Farax K)

Stars hide your fires for these here are my desires
And I won't give them up to you this time around
And so I'll be found with my stake stuck in the ground
Marking the territory of this newly impassioned soul ~ Mumford and Sons

Hope you can get the house cleaned today.  I'm the same way, a messy house stresses me out.  It always feels good to look around and see a clean space.  It's like a mental boost.

got it straightened up enough that when i walked in again, i didn't think "blah, this place is a sty."  that's good enough for me! dishes are done, floors are swept, trash is emptied... it's much better than it was and is no longer making me feel like a failure as a "responsible adult."

i finished my virtual half marathon. 10 of those miles were just this weekend, so i am pretty darn tired.  but i earned myself a Dr. Who medal and a blister. :)  i emailed the request to add my name to the medal shipping list, and asked if they wouldn't mind telling me what company they get their medals from... im thinking a virtual 5k might be a nice little fundraiser for the animal shelter, and theoretically shouldn't be too hard to put together...

i went grocerying and will apparently be living on chicken breasts and veggies this week. luckily, i like chicken. unfortunately, pretty much all of my phone savings from the last challenge is now gone, but i haven't used the credit card.  i've got time for a phone yet, so i'll start building that back up again.  eating is more important than a new phone.

the gym may just have to wait until im in a better financial position. i was excited to start lifting, and having access to a treadmill for days i can't bring myself to walk/run in the cold, but oh well. i will have to use what i've got and do my best to be satisfied with it. wanting something you can't have doesn't do anything but make a person unhappy.  maybe i can think of somewhere i can have weights here... freecycle or craiglist might gets me some free or cheap weights.

this person really wants to delete their account but can't because it's not allowed.

On being an introvert: it is perfectly okay to prefer being alone. It is perfectly okay to acknowledge kthat being with people sometimes sucks too much energy out of you, if you are isolating because of the depression, that may be problematic, but generally that includes people you usually LIkE to spend some time with. Otherwise, there ate no laws requiring one to be a social animal. What makes YOU feel happy and at peace?

It takes a great deal of energy for me to get through the day being with people. I need a LOT of down time. We don't go out often, the exception being to,our beloved concerts, and even those leave me wiped out.

I love how you are fitting pieces together. Slow and steady. Because the real secret is that there is no race ;)

Level 2 Halfling Adventurer

Strength 1 Dexterity 1 Stamina 3 Constitution 4 Wisdom 3 Charisma 2

Current Challenge Thread

First Challenge Thread

Fit to Eat: my posts on the Sweatpants & Coffee Site

On being an introvert: it is perfectly okay to prefer being alone. It is perfectly okay to acknowledge kthat being with people sometimes sucks too much energy out of you, if you are isolating because of the depression, that may be problematic, but generally that includes people you usually LIkE to spend some time with. Otherwise, there ate no laws requiring one to be a social animal. What makes YOU feel happy and at peace?

It takes a great deal of energy for me to get through the day being with people. I need a LOT of down time. We don't go out often, the exception being to,our beloved concerts, and even those leave me wiped out.

I love how you are fitting pieces together. Slow and steady. Because the real secret is that there is no race ;)

i'm not really sure what makes me feel happy and peaceful... when i'm alone, i either wish i was with someone or daydream that someone is there... but when i spend time with people, i wonder wtf i was thinking wanting to socialize and get burnt out fast.  even people i like leave me feeling completely drained... like you, i need a lot of downtime. part of me wants to be all social... but i can't help but wonder if that's just because society keeps telling me i should be.

i like my space. i'm pretty darn territorial too. i can't imagine ever being married because i'd have to share a room... i can't fathom liking someone that much.  (is it socially acceptable to be a spinster yet?) but at the same time, the idea that i might not ever get married makes me sad.  i'm a mystery wrapped in an enigma dipped in chocolate and topped with crumbled bacon.

and im rambling. i think what i'm trying to say is that im not sure where introversion ends and depression begins.

i'm not really sure what makes me feel happy and peaceful... when i'm alone, i either wish i was with someone or daydream that someone is there... but when i spend time with people, i wonder wtf i was thinking wanting to socialize and get burnt out fast.  even people i like leave me feeling completely drained... like you, i need a lot of downtime. part of me wants to be all social... but i can't help but wonder if that's just because society keeps telling me i should be.

i like my space. i'm pretty darn territorial too. i can't imagine ever being married because i'd have to share a room... i can't fathom liking someone that much.  (is it socially acceptable to be a spinster yet?) but at the same time, the idea that i might not ever get married makes me sad.  i'm a mystery wrapped in an enigma dipped in chocolate and topped with crumbled bacon.

and im rambling. i think what i'm trying to say is that im not sure where introversion ends and depression begins.

Chocolate covered bacon cures everything.

Current Challenge Thread

First Challenge Thread

Hey, just checking in. Financial strain sucks, I know this only too well but keep doing what you're doing. Work out with whatever you can til you're in a better place financially. Main thing is that you're making an effort :)

I get the introvert thing. I like company for a few hrs then I'm done. ( Not including Husband lol).

Marriage isnt for everyone, no point worrying about what society thinks. Do what feels right to you at the time.

Dont worry about the moods, is it the thyroid stuff messing with you or actual depression? If its cos of thyroid stuff, I've found little things that lift me cos they tend not to be permanent downs. If you wana talk about this stuff some more, I dont mind xx

P.s chocolate covered bacon? :L

'The only Limits you have, are the ones You set for yourself'

1    2

thanks ladies. kiara, i'm not sure it's my thyroid. i've been really tired, but no Dr. Pepper craving yet, so i think i'm still in range.  it could just be exhaustion / stress. i've been going to bed really early the past couple days and sleeping til morning.

today i lost my temper at work. i thought i was ok convinced myself i was ok to have a conversation with someone about her attitude, but i really wasn't and her continued attitude pushed me over the edge. not blaming the whole thing on her. she doesn't control my temper, i do.  but i lost it and then we both got a talking to from my boss's boss.  not my finest hour. we both apologized to each other (twice actually) and played nice the rest of the day - we were even able to joke with each other, but i still feel like an asshole and if i could just never go back there, i wouldn't. but tomorrow i have to put on my happy face and go back and be a grownup and all that. and next week when my boss is back from vacation, i'm going to have to relive it when i fill her in, and i'll probably get another talking to from her. yay. :/  (although now that i think about it, i told my boss 2 weeks ago i was on the verge of a breakdown, and it would probably be this week while she was away because it would all just be too much... i wish people would listen to me. i wish people would stop thinking i'm just being melodramatic or whatever it is they must think when they don't take me seriously.)

because of this, i didn't wind up going to calm.com today. which is kind of funny if you think about it, because if ever there was a day i needed to go there...

after work, i went to the orthopedist. nice guy. nothing weird on xray, but he said there's always a chance a stress fracture isn't showing up yet. His advice - keep doing the ankle strengthening exercises i've actually already been doing, don't run for a few weeks but walking is ok, then gradually start the running again. if pain is all gone (or better) cancel follow up appointment. if it's worse, call sooner and if it's static, come back in and we'll do another set of xrays. he also said i have arches that are sort of high, so an orthotic insert might be helpful.  (he recommends trying that before dropping another $150 on new running shoes... which is good because i dont have $150 in the budget for shoes)

so i guess i'll cross off the zombies run 5k from my challenge goals for now. :(

i really just want to crawl into a hole and never come back out.

I hate losing it at work.  Mostly because when I get really angry, I cry.  Then I look like a total idiot, and a big baby, when REALLY, I just want to kill someone, but that is not allowed.

Processing is hard work.

My 8 year old is struggling.  Two clinically depressed parents, not surprising.  We always refer to "Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day." by Judith Viorst.  Because some days are like that.  Even in Australia :)

Thanks Kiwi :)  I really like that.

Current Challenge Thread

First Challenge Thread

mid week update, because I don't want to forget, and I don't have my challenge tracking spreadsheet here.

yesterday - no calm.com again because... well because when I left work for lunch, I really thought I would be coming back but I didn't. I was in pain, but I was sure it was something super silly that would work itself out on a long lunch. instead, I wound up going to the ER. for now im ok - uncomfortable because I wont take narcotic painkillers at work, but im only planning on doing a half day so I can go home and rest.  there's still a chance that I might have a more serious issue than we currently think, but it's unlikely. unless I don't get better in the next day or so, or I get worse, i'm fine.

physical activity was missed on Tuesday, but I did a lot of pacing in the er yesterday, so dammit I think that counts!  it wasn't exactly a dedicated fitness time but it was way more activity than I would have had if I had stayed at work all day. (im pretty sure I got a mile done in that tiny exam room...)

meditation / relaxation - while I was in the ER, I figured (since I really had nothing better to do, couldn't pace anymore because I was hooked up to things, and was actually alone because mom needed to leave for a little while to attend to some other stuff) that I could practice meditating.  it was actually nice because when I started the challenge, I wanted to try different kinds, but I've been really relying on the guided ones. so I spent some time just trying to relax my body and focus on something nice and not the pain that was starting to creep back in.  I didn't have a clock, so I really don't know if I was at it for 5 minutes, but I made an effort, so i'm counting it. (it was probably 5 minutes, but I've discovered im a horrible judge of time, especially when not feeling well because everything feels like an eternity.)

credit cards - DIDN'T GET USED! even though the pharmacy apparently doesn't have my insurance on file (and I didn't have the info with me) and one of the prescriptions cost over $70, I used debit. mom and I talked it over quick. (mom's my accountant, and im her computer tech. it's a fair trade) I've pretty much wiped out my savings, but we agreed it was better than putting more on a credit card, paying more interest, etc.   so even tho medical was on my list of exceptions, I still didn't use it, which is kind of a big deal to me. :) baby steps.

Oh no!  ER?!  Hope you are feel better.  :\   *gives you a big hug*

I have been trying out the restorative yoga poses every morning before my meditation. It has definitely help me to relax a bit and release some of the tension in my back.

Yay for no using the credit card!  Rawr Rawr!  Can you submit forms to get reimbursement from the insurance company?  Hope everything works out!  Good luck and take GOOD care of yourself!  :)

Challenge: #1  #2  #3  #4  #5  |  Recipes  |  Level 6.  Kiwi Bird:  Rawr!   |  Team

Blogs I stalk:     Mark's Daily Apple  |   Nom Nom Paleo  |  Ancestral Chef  |  Greatist  |

Oh no!  ER?!  Hope you are feel better.  :\   *gives you a big hug*

I have been trying out the restorative yoga poses every morning before my meditation. It has definitely help me to relax a bit and release some of the tension in my back.

Yay for no using the credit card!  Rawr Rawr!  Can you submit forms to get reimbursement from the insurance company?  Hope everything works out!  Good luck and take GOOD care of yourself!   :)

thanks Kiwi! i'm much better than yesterday at the ER, that's for sure. not 100% but improving. body still feels really tired, but i can't seem to sleep. so i figured i'd do a "relaxing" thing and wrote a letter to someone. (because getting mail is awesome and there's just something nice about sitting and writing with a pen and paper.)  and im going to do my ankle exercises now that the orthopedist gave me to do... since they don't require much effort and i can do them in bed. i'm supposed to take it easy, but i think i can handle flexing my ankle with a resistance band.

i should look into yoga more.  every time i try it, i wind up getting discouraged within 5 minutes and giving up.  i should find some beginner's videos online. maybe ones without any advanced people in it... just inflexible people like me.

and im hoping i can get reimbursed for the meds, but if i can't, i'll survive. figured i'd call the insurance company early next week, when hopefully im feeling 100% again (or at least 95%) just in case i need to argue with them... arguing is easier when i dont already feel yucky.

Pain blows major chunks.  I also avoid the opiates.  Can't, always, but I try.  Glad it's a little better, and hope they figure out what's going on.

Yay for not using the credit card!  You will get reimbursed, I'm sure. 

I am bendy enough for yoga, but have NO balance.  None.  We could work on beginner's stuff together :)  You can work on the stretch, and I can work on balance.  Might help me with some of this crap I am struggling with with my legs.

Woot on the meditation.  I can't do it at all.

Current Challenge Thread

First Challenge Thread

thanks Kiwi! i'm much better than yesterday at the ER, that's for sure. not 100% but improving. body still feels really tired, but i can't seem to sleep. so i figured i'd do a "relaxing" thing and wrote a letter to someone. (because getting mail is awesome and there's just something nice about sitting and writing with a pen and paper.)  

Havent been online much this week, trying to catch up now. ER? :L ... Glad to hear that you're feeling a little better though!

I totally agree about the pen and paper thing. I love getting post and I love writing letters. Lol. Maybe we should be pen pals? :D;)

1    2

i think i have officially stopped worrying.  when i left the ER, i was told there was still a chance i had appendicitis, as it takes 2-3 days for that to really be a problem. but it's now been 2 days and im improving, so i think we can 100% rule out appendicitis.  i still have to follow up with a few specialists about the other things that we found, but none of those are super serious. it's more of a make sure they either dont reoccur or dont worsen kind of thing.  right now, i have a tiny bit of nausea (but i stopped taking the anti-nausea meds because this little bit is tolerable) and a tiny bit of pressure/pain, but again, tolerable.  i'm still stupidly tired tho!

Pain blows major chunks.  I also avoid the opiates.  Can't, always, but I try.  Glad it's a little better, and hope they figure out what's going on.

Yay for not using the credit card!  You will get reimbursed, I'm sure. 

I am bendy enough for yoga, but have NO balance.  None.  We could work on beginner's stuff together :)  You can work on the stretch, and I can work on balance.  Might help me with some of this crap I am struggling with with my legs.

Woot on the meditation.  I can't do it at all.

pain certainly does blow major chunks. i don't know how you deal with fibro, honestly.  part of what gets me thru the hurting is that i know eventually it will stop. i'm not sure i could deal with knowing it could randomly come back for no real reason.

i talked to HR about getting a new insurance card and getting reimbursed. apparently, she can just send an email to get me a new card and said she'd get me the forms to get reimbursed about the prescriptions. (hopefully she actually does all that... she's a little... forgetful...)

we should totally find some beginner's yoga stuff. i know part of my problem is not being flexible and part is that my own body gets in the way.  if i find good videos, i'll make sure to post links here so you can try too.

Havent been online much this week, trying to catch up now. ER? :L ... Glad to hear that you're feeling a little better though!

I totally agree about the pen and paper thing. I love getting post and I love writing letters. Lol. Maybe we should be pen pals? :D;)

i've always wanted a pen pal! i tried it with one of my high school friends once. the problem is because we're on facebook, there's nothing really new to write in a letter. i spend half my time rambling on about how i dont know what to talk about!

Yikes, the ER?  I'm glad you're feeling better and you didn't need surgery or anything.  And great job figuring out a way not to use your credit card.  Keep going with that, it's the best feeling to not have that hanging over you're head.  I hope you're on the mend and can get back to 100% soon.  You should give yoga a try!  It's very calming and it's own kind of meditation.

~Miranda (aka Farax K)

you ever feel like you're just going through the motions?  i feel that way about everything, even the challenge.  i dont feel like im changing. i feel like i'm doing what i said i would do, but without any enthusiasm and without feeling like it's making any difference.  it's still a chore. im halfway through the challenge, shouldn't i feel like it's at least halfway a habit by now?  it feels like a waste of time to keep going with it.  i feel like i want to try other things.  but is that giving up? or is that trying something new? i've never figured out the difference.

i think part of the problem is i truly have no idea what i want so i try things for a while and then realize it's not quite what im looking for. i feel like Maggie in The Runaway Bride... she doesn't know what she wants, so she just adopts everyone else's likes and habits, before she freaks out and runs away - rinse and repeat.  i know i do this.  example: saying i want to do AIP Paleo. no i don't! i only wanted to because i read the updated interview with spezzy, and i think spezzy is cool so i should be more like spezzy... because being someone else is better than being no one at all.

i feel like an octagonal peg in a world of round holes. it doesn't take a hammer to force me into a spot, but it's still not a good fit.

how the hell do i figure out what i want for me and only for me? how do i know i want it for me and not because either i've picked it up from someone else or i think it will make someone else like me?

because i can't be motivated without a goal. and i cant have a goal until i know what the hell i want.

Yikes, the ER?  I'm glad you're feeling better and you didn't need surgery or anything.  And great job figuring out a way not to use your credit card.  Keep going with that, it's the best feeling to not have that hanging over you're head.  I hope you're on the mend and can get back to 100% soon.  You should give yoga a try!  It's very calming and it's own kind of meditation.

thanks faraxk! im mostly better. still just really, really tired. i dont really understand why. i feel like i should have bounced back by now.

Hey upirygirl, when I read your posts it takes me back to things I've felt and gone through, but that's not a bad thing.  December of this previous year, I was feeling absolutely hopeless about my body.  That's when I rejoined Nerd Fitness after a few years of being gone, part of that dealing with depression.  And even after I got started again, I didn't feel motivated or enthusiastic about it.  I didn't feel like what I was doing was worth it.  I started small, just trying to build a habit of doing SOMETHING everyday, because even doing one healthy thing a day at that point was really difficult!  A walk was difficult.  A couple push-ups were difficult.  Not physically but mentally.  And compared to what everyone else was doing, it felt like nothing.  But the people in this forum really encouraged me, and that made it better.  That's what kept me going.

And seriously, it is totally hard to find what you like!  And you know what, if it isn't working for you then switch gears.  Experimentation is ok.  Trying different things is ok.  It's taken me 10 months to figure out that being outside gets me to exercise.  I thought I hated jogging (on a treadmill) but if I'm outside in the wind (and sometimes the rain) and the trees, and the temperature is cool, I love that feeling.  It's taken me a long time to figure this out.  But that's just me, for other people it's lifting crazy weights and feeling the burn, or jumping over crap from high heights or a myriad of other things.

If you really feel like you're going through the motions, change it up a bit.  Reflect a bit.  What did you like when you were young?  That was a good place for me to start, because it didn't seem like I really enjoyed anything active before my depression (or during, or after).  Don't just do what works for other people.  Try different things and try to figure out what works for you, what really works for you (I don't do Paleo for example, would I  lose weight? Yes, but I try to eat vegetarian and so that doesn't work for me).  And start small.  I didn't do a full challenge until April.  I picked one thing and built up.  Sometimes that's all you can do.

Regardless of what you want to do, don't give up completely.  Stick with us, even if what you're doing is really small.  We're all here, cheering you on, and there will be set-back weeks (hell, I just had one) but if you can keep moving forward again, even if it's just one thing, then you're changing.  :)

~Miranda (aka Farax K)

thanks miranda. it's always nice to hear that someone else totally gets what i'm experiencing. logically, i know there are thousands of people in the world who feel like i do, but to actually hear from someone specific feels less... lonely i guess.

i'm going to keep going with this challenge as best i can, and then i think im going to take a challenge break. i was actually on the fence about this challenge and decided to go for it anyway. probably because i like points and levels... maybe that wasn't the best choice, but it's what i chose and i think i'd feel less like a flake if i keep trying til the end of the challenge.

i know my set backs are eating at me. i found that i liked the running training / zombies run... and because of my ankle, it's been set back.  i'm doing my ankle exercises, but they feel pointless.   i have low iron, so have been eating more spinach and green leafy things to get the iron up, only to wind up in the er with a kidney stone (and other things :/), and there's a very high chance this was caused by all the spinach/green leafy things i've been eating.  i get to choose between being tired or being in pain... im feeling like i can't win. 

i know Steve says some people get to play on Easy Mode and some people have to play Hardcore, but i just... don't want to play anymore. but that's not really an option. well it is, but... let's not go there.

How I Feel:

blue-cartoon-cute-disney-lilo-and-stitch

Unsure of what to do or where to go and overwhelmed.

Week 3 / Mid Challenge Status:

MEDITATION

1. Calm.com at work: 2 days missed this week / overall. Current grade: B

2. Meditate outside of work 3x/week: Zero days missed (unless i forget to do this before bed tonight!). Current grade: A

RELAXATION

1. Relaxing activity 3x/week: 1 day missed.  Current grade: B

EXERCISE

1. Physical activity every day: 1 day missed (speed bump used). Current grade: A

2. Zombies Run - currently ON HOLD due to ankle issue / doctor's orders. Doing ankle strengthening with flexy-band-thing instead.

BAD HABIT

1. Stop using credit cards: Still only 1 slip. Current grade: B

i've always wanted a pen pal! i tried it with one of my high school friends once. the problem is because we're on facebook, there's nothing really new to write in a letter. i spend half my time rambling on about how i dont know what to talk about!

I'll inbox you my email addy and we can take it from there. If you're not comfortable sharing your home address then we can keep it to emails for a while :)

i'm going to keep going with this challenge as best i can, and then i think im going to take a challenge break. i was actually on the fence about this challenge and decided to go for it anyway. probably because i like points and levels... maybe that wasn't the best choice, but it's what i chose and i think i'd feel less like a flake if i keep trying til the end of the challenge.

I can kind of relate to this. I love the whole concept of the challenges, but i'm getting pretty tired trying to keep up with everything. Like I know it motivates me to move more, eat more, drink more water, etc, and has given me some great inspiration for exercise but I'm considering taking a step back too. i'm thinking of doing my own mini challenges by myself, not officially like changing my stats on here but grade myself, give myself points etc. I need the challenges to be for 3 weeks tbh and not worry about making sure I come online..

I duno, I'll see!

1    2

Hey upirygirl!  I meant to come back and post some info on the restorative yoga poses, but things got busy for me and I got distracted.  Anyhow, most of the poses can be done without being flexible.  I think that's the point of these poses being restorative and very relaxing.

Restorative Yoga Poses

I usually do the supported child's pose, supported bridge pose, and legs-up-the-wall pose as a morning sequence and holding each pose for about 2-3 minutes.  

I am sorry to hear about what's been happening... *sending you lots hugs and positive thoughts* 

comics-loading-artist-games-feels-726881

Hope things are looking up soon!  Good Luck!  Rawr!

Challenge: #1  #2  #3  #4  #5  |  Recipes  |  Level 6.  Kiwi Bird:  Rawr!   |  Team

Blogs I stalk:     Mark's Daily Apple  |   Nom Nom Paleo  |  Ancestral Chef  |  Greatist  |

I'll inbox you my email addy and we can take it from there. If you're not comfortable sharing your home address then we can keep it to emails for a while :)

I can kind of relate to this. I love the whole concept of the challenges, but i'm getting pretty tired trying to keep up with everything. Like I know it motivates me to move more, eat more, drink more water, etc, and has given me some great inspiration for exercise but I'm considering taking a step back too. i'm thinking of doing my own mini challenges by myself, not officially like changing my stats on here but grade myself, give myself points etc. I need the challenges to be for 3 weeks tbh and not worry about making sure I come online..

I duno, I'll see!

well i'm reasonably sure you're not a serial killer, and even if you were, you're all the way across the pond, so i think i'm safe. pen and paper is so much nicer! i'll respond to your PM with my addy. :)

i understand / feel exactly the same about the challenges. it's sort of overwhelming.

Hey upirygirl!  I meant to come back and post some info on the restorative yoga poses, but things got busy for me and I got distracted.  Anyhow, most of the poses can be done without being flexible.  I think that's the point of these poses being restorative and very relaxing.

Restorative Yoga Poses

I usually do the supported child's pose, supported bridge pose, and legs-up-the-wall pose as a morning sequence and holding each pose for about 2-3 minutes.  

I am sorry to hear about what's been happening... *sending you lots hugs and positive thoughts*

thanks, kiwi! i actually know a lot of those poses already, so should be quick-learning doing them with the supports. 

i'm thinking of quilting myself a yoga mat.  i cant stand the smell of sticky mats, and trying to do any yoga without a mat is... slippy.  but maybe i can make myself something nice and put that grippy stuff they make for rugs underneath it so i don't slide.

comics-loading-artist-games-feels-726881

Hope things are looking up soon!  Good Luck!  Rawr!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!!!  That's totally me when i'm trying to play a first person shooter!

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines