FaraxK's Getting Ready to Make a Baby Challenge

faraxk

Checking in on ya Farax!  I hope you are continue to heal up well from your surgery.  I am super impressed with your eating of the green veggies.  :)  That is something I reeeeeeaally need to work on myself.  Way to go on your journaling, and just keep on meditating, in whatever form you can.  This is an ongoing goal with me too and it continues to be something my brain wants to put on the back burner (or take off the stove altogether, when life gets chaotic!).  :)  You are doing such great work this challenge.  Keep it up!

maybe we should start an accountability group next challenge?

I would be TOTALLY up for this.  :)  By next challenge, a getting-ready-for-baby and/or trying-for-baby support group in the women's forum may be just what I need.  :)

I would be TOTALLY up for this.   :)  By next challenge, a getting-ready-for-baby and/or trying-for-baby support group in the women's forum may be just what I need.   :)

That is a totally awesome idea!!!  :)

~Miranda (aka Farax K)

Stars hide your fires for these here are my desires
And I won't give them up to you this time around
And so I'll be found with my stake stuck in the ground
Marking the territory of this newly impassioned soul ~ Mumford and Sons

hey girl - I see you are doing amazing except meditation :) what are your strugles with it?  Besides what I wrote in my thread, I find another thing important and it is NOT EXPECTING ANYTHING AT ALL. This is really important aspect in my opinion. Especially don't expect to feel amazingly calm, or more mindfull, peaceful or that kind after some meditating. It might have that influence on you, but it might NOT. The trick is to let go ANY expectetions and just MEDITATE. Persistently for some time - like few weeks or months, and then see if you feel better with or without meditating :) hope that helps and gives you smth to think about :)

see ya :onthego:

Elf Druid - Level 8         looking around for happiness || tracking || #intro || #old

"Most people think they’ll feel good once they reach some goal. By linking happiness to something you don’t have yet, you denying yourself the power to create it in the moment. Your happiness is your birth right. It shouldn’t depend on you ACHIEVING something. Start by claiming it and using it to make your journey fun all the way and not just at the end." S.Chandler

"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy" G. Apollinaire

Well, I think this is what they call a wipe out.  This week I didn't do anything.  They shut down my calorie and exercise tracking site since it's run by the USDA, which kind of knocked me mentally out of the zone.  Plus a busy week at work and things going on in the evenings didn't help.  But those are just excuses.

I can't say I did a lot, but I did get a couple walks in and I spent some time tracking down our finances and figuring out our net worth, which gave me some long term financial goals to mull over for the future (mainly eliminating massive amounts of student loan debt).  My stitches are healing well, I can finally get them wet, which helps with showering, etc.

At any rate it's rally time.  I'm going to go to bed shortly to get an early night (another massive failure this week), get up and go jogging, clean out the fridge, plan some meals, and just get back on track.  Week 4 will be good.  

Challenge Week 3 Grading:

All goals F... :(

~Miranda (aka Farax K)

Ok, I did get up and go for a jog this morning, and I journaled last night.  So 1/7 on both those goals.  Revised up to a D grade.  Better than nothing.

~Miranda (aka Farax K)

well first of all - I admire your creative self-criticism :)

second of all - I'm glad you are not brooding on your F->D week 3 which wasn't so bad since you dealt with some different stuff in the mean time

third of all - I'm glad you are still here and continuing your challenge :D

great comeback with journaling and jogging - thAT THE SPIRIT !!! :D

I%27m+back.jpg

now show yourself and us how great can you be :D

Elf Druid - Level 8         looking around for happiness || tracking || #intro || #old

"Most people think they’ll feel good once they reach some goal. By linking happiness to something you don’t have yet, you denying yourself the power to create it in the moment. Your happiness is your birth right. It shouldn’t depend on you ACHIEVING something. Start by claiming it and using it to make your journey fun all the way and not just at the end." S.Chandler

"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy" G. Apollinaire

hang in there! rough weeks happen.  next week will be better! you can do this.

Thanks upiry!  Definitely was a rough week, but if I can keep it at one usually then it's ok.  :)

well first of all - I admire your creative self-criticism :)

second of all - I'm glad you are not brooding on your F->D week 3 which wasn't so bad since you dealt with some different stuff in the mean time

third of all - I'm glad you are still here and continuing your challenge :D

great comeback with journaling and jogging - thAT THE SPIRIT !!! :D

I%27m+back.jpg

now show yourself and us how great can you be :D

Thanks Panczo!  You always know how to keep me going!  :)

So Week 4 rebound!  I'm happy to say it's going well.  So far:

Jogs: 3/4 done, even the dark isn't slowing me down (I have to get up before sunrise) although I did learn the hard way that if you wear a headlamp bugs fly right at  your face.  So I decided it was a better move to just stay on the well-lit streets.  

Nutrition: well since my calorie tracking website has gone MIA (thanks government!) I won't be tracking my calcium, iron, folate or omega 3s till it comes back up (unless someone knows a tracking app that does track the micronutrients?).  However, I can still track my food choices that contain those nutrients and are good fertility boosters.  I made a great bean and veggie salad to have for lunches this week (vinegar and beans never fails the taste test!) so that's been yummy.  So far this week: pinto and white beans, black eyed peas, yogurt, spinach, kashi cereal (high in folate), chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, and prunes.

Meditation: 1/7 finally I think I've figured this out.  I have a rain/singing bowl track that I love to listen to and finally reloaded on my ipod, so last night I just lay in bed and zoned out to it for about 6 minutes.  I missed Monday because I stayed up too late watching Sleepy Hollow (oh Ichabod) and was tired, but I think I'll try to get my journaling and meditation done in the 8 o'clock hour when no tv show is on.

Journaling: 1/7 also need to make sure I do this before my tv shows so I'm not too tired when I head for bed.  Man I miss Central time, when things were on at a decent hour.

On a slightly gross girl topic, this week determines if my system is back to "normal" after going off birth control pills.  If my period shows up today or tomorrow or Friday, then I should be set to ummm, try "making" that baby in the next couple of weeks.  Excited!!!!

~Miranda (aka Farax K)

sorry to hear about that website - I remember fitday.com had some kind of micros tracking - you might want to check them out.

good job with finding your way to meditate :) I hope you are giving it a fair try. SOmetimes I need few times before deciding whether I like this kind of meditation or not...

I wonder how is your journaling going? I also journal once in a while but in total random form and timing. But it's always amusing (and sometimes instructive) to read it later :)

well, anyways wish you happy sunday, and great times in next weeks while "making" your dream come true :)

sorry to hear about that website - I remember fitday.com had some kind of micros tracking - you might want to check them out.

good job with finding your way to meditate  :) I hope you are giving it a fair try. SOmetimes I need few times before deciding whether I like this kind of meditation or not...

I wonder how is your journaling going? I also journal once in a while but in total random form and timing. But it's always amusing (and sometimes instructive) to read it later  :)

well, anyways wish you happy sunday, and great times in next weeks while "making" your dream come true  :)

I will definitely check out that fitday website.  It'd be good to get back on full tracking again....

Well this was definitely a bounce back week, although not totally perfect, but I think the momentum is building again.  I'm happy to report my reproductive system seems to be working like clockwork, which is just great.  I was so worried, because I've had a couple friends with irregular periods/ovulation after coming off birth control so I'm thrilled and relieved I don't seem to be having these issues.  Next stop, sexy time!   ;)

Week 4 Challenge Grading:

Jogs: 4/4 A - also got in 2 little hikes of 2.5 miles each.  Happy that I'm getting more active, even as it's getting colder outside.  But I LOVE it!

Nutrition: 4/4 A - foods eaten this week include sardines, white beans, black-eyed peas, prunes, yogurt, spinach, chia seeds, a little chicken liver, eggs, and oysters.  I'm cooking homemade chicken stock right now.  Very excited about how it turns out.

Meditation: 4/7 C - did better this week!  The singing bowl meditation I have on my ipod does really help me want to do it, it's very relaxing.  I'm thinking about pairing this to make a little spiritual practice, since that's something I really struggle with.  I'm thinking journal first to get out thoughts and fears, meditate to calm my mind, then read from resources that emphasize love and compassion and helping others to get myself in a better mindset.  May have to make this a challenge goal for next time, but this challenge is helping me build up the steps.

Journaling: 3/7 C - need to work a little harder at this.  This will be a busy week, but I will make the effort.  I am always THINKING so many things about life but don't take the time to write them down.  Need to change that and really get some of the more negative stuff out of my head sometimes.

~Miranda (aka Farax K)

This morning my alarm went off and I thought, I could snooze for another twenty minutes or I could get up and go jog.  Which is going to make me less tired?  So I got up and went jogging.  Talk about progress!!!!  Actually I don't think I've felt nearly as tired as I used to since I started consistently jogging.  They aren't kidding when they say exercise gives you energy.

~Miranda (aka Farax K)

Mid-week Challenge Check in.  I cannot believe it is the middle of week 5 already.  This challenge is going fast!  Which makes me happy.  I feel like I am baby-making ready!  

This week has been good so far, although I feel like I'm fighting off a cold with every tooth and nail.  Been pounding all the healthy food and Emergen-C I can.  I hope the draggy head-achey feeling goes away soon.

Stats!

Jogs: 3 and 2/3.  Only got in a ten minute jog yesterday

Nutrition: 4/4 chia seeds, sunflower seeds, sardines, spinach, kale and chard, prunes, yogurt, and avocado

Meditation: 2/7

Journaling: 2/7

Here's hoping to a strong finish for the challenge, and for everyone else too!

EDIT:  My calorie tracking site is back up!  Yay!!!  Yay for our working government!!!

~Miranda (aka Farax K)

This morning my alarm went off and I thought, I could snooze for another twenty minutes or I could get up and go jog.  Which is going to make me less tired?  So I got up and went jogging.  Talk about progress!!!!  Actually I don't think I've felt nearly as tired as I used to since I started consistently jogging.  They aren't kidding when they say exercise gives you energy.

such posts are always inspiring read :) great self-awereness and self-control :)

awesome week 4 and 5 stats - those 2 first goals are looks so easy now for u - but that just because u mastered them in the process of progress :) You should be proud of yourself with it :D

your meditations and journaling looks better too - I wonder whether u will find them pleasant enough to continue :)

good to know your goverment is back working - entire world was watching those guys arguing. But also great to hear u didn't let that crimp stop u from following healthy eating :D

Feeling sleepy today and not a lot of motivation, but it's Sunday right, so... that's ok?  One more week.  Brainstorming next challenge's goals.  I need to add a financial component.  We've been doing better but compared to all the stuff we want to buy (new car, maybe a place, prep for baby expenses) it's not enough!

At any rate, here is how week 5 went.  I'll go back to tracking my nutrient stats for week 6 since my calorie tracker is back up.  Yay!

Week 5 Challenge Grading:

Jogs: 4 and 2/3 out of 4 A - also did a 2 mile walk this morning.  It was very foggy and Halloween-ish.  Creeeeeeeepy but it was great.

Nutrition: 4/4 A - chia seeds, chicken liver, sunflower seeds, sardines, spinach, kale collards, and chard, sweet potato, prunes, yogurt, and avocado

Meditation: 4/7 C - will try for at least 5/7 next week. 

Journaling: 5/7 B - Better this week, got a lot of good things written down.

Last challenge week!  Let's finish up strong!  :)

~Miranda (aka Farax K)

Week 6 Check-in.  Well, it's been a good week and a not so good week.  My achilles tendon decided it didn't like running, so I've been taking a break from doing that this week.  However I have still been getting up and going on a walk so I'm not losing the habit.  And I've also started doing glute strengthening exercises and calf dips since apparently that can help.  The great news is that I think it's feeling mostly better, so if I'm up for it, I'm going to try running again tomorrow.

Food has been GREAT the last three days.  I was eating too much, so I've tried switching gears and eating bigger meals with no snacking.  So far it's been great and my calories have been down.  My nutrients weren't great today but I had run out of a lot of veggies, but I went to the grocery store tonight so tomorrow should be better again.  Going to keep this up.

I meditated and journaled Monday and Tuesday, but didn't get to it last night.  Will make an effort to do it between television shows tonight.

Can't wait for the next challenge, and trying to maintain chillness about the whole pregnancy thing.  But I hope it comes really soon.  :)

~Miranda (aka Farax K)

So good to read that you are finishing strong your challenge. It looks like your motivation is on the right thing for ya and that keeps you going. Besides you've found that you love jogging (hope your achilles is doing better buy now) and that will definetely help too to keep the habit running :)

Chilling out about the whole pregnancy thing sounds like a smart idea :)

so see you at the finish line at Sunday - GOOD JOB :D

so how did the challenge end

?

hallo?

any news about challenge wrap up? :D:D:D i can't wait

Ahhh... sorry!  I petered out.  I got sick and all my motivation went out the window.  I'm hoping I can rally some before the new challenge starts tomorrow.

The last week didn't go so well.  Only 2/7 on meditation and journaling, walking and food.

I think for this challenge overall, I did well although not great.  Jogging was good overall except for the last two weeks due to injury and illness.  I ate too much food and then my calorie tracker went away for most of the challenge.  I was off and on doing journaling and meditation.  Still haven't quite figured out what I need to do to make it stick.  But a new challenge, a new try.  Thanks for everyone's support through this challenge!

~Miranda (aka Farax K)

well, first of all - congratulation on all the effort you put in this challenge :) I think you did great in jogging and eating healthy, and that you are still searching for your way to do meditation and journaling ...

second of all - you have another week to accumulate as much motivation as you need cause next challenge starts at 11th :D

third of all - the fact that you felt of the wagon while being sick proves that you are human being right? cause, who doesn't lose his motivation to train, watch out for food and do all the hard stuff while being sick? I know I do and I see it's pretty common amongs even the greatest nerds on this site :),

so don't worry about it for a sec and slowly get pumped for next ch :D

see ya !!

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines