Direrael will grow from a gladiator into a SWANSON!

direrael

Thursday was tabletop game night, which has often been a big source of temptation to eat junk food. So, in line with Swansonism, I made some omelette muffins - wrap a piece of bacon around the inside of a muffin tin, pour in a mixture of eggs and veggies, and devour. They were good, but I need to play around more with getting the bacon cooked a little more thoroughly. And thus it was a successful, healthy night!

RUV8mnB.jpg

Thanks Ron. Did it just for you.

Friday was weird. I had like zero energy, probably from going back to low-carb eating. But even so, I busted through my OHP plateau, which has always been my weak spot, and got to full plates on deadlift. First time ever using the 45s. :D

Training for the day looked like this:

Band Pull-ups: 7,6,6,4

Incline Push-ups: 4x8

Squats: 45x5, 65x5, 85x3, 95x3, 105x3, 110x5x5

OHP: 45x3, 50x3, 55x5x5

Deadlift: 95x5, 115x3, 125x3, 135x3x5

Lat Pul-Down: 90x7x4

No finisher because I was tuckered out.

Yesterday was a big mountain bike race in town, and I volunteer with a local Search and Rescue team, so we were on the course for the day. I get bored sitting in one place, so I walked around - got in about 6 miles in 2 1/2 hours. No accidents or injuries, which was good.

Week One Wrap-Up

Good all around. Started off a bit slow training-wise, but other than that things went great!

Starting weight: 150.0 lbs

Current Weight: 147.6 lbs (-2.4)

Total money earned for spending envelope: $6.

rs11.gif

Thanks Ron. That means a lot.

This is my reaction to finding this thread:

tumblr_inline_mqrbi4BrhD1qz4rgp.gif

I love you Ron Swanson.

YESSSSS.

I love the affirmation pics. :) Also loving those lifting numbers! Awesome job so far!

Thanks!

Great first week! I'm really glad that Ron is being so supportive. And way to plan ahead for Thursday game night!

I know, but he's usually supportive of anyone who tries to take charge of their own life.

sounds like an awesome week!  how did that recipe turn out?  it sounds delightful.

Pretty good!

So I just realized I forgot to add up all the total pounds lifted. With Monday and yesterday's workouts, my total so far comes to...42,525 pounds lifted. So, almost halfway to 100,000, and it's only the second week. Guess I should have made the goal bigger, but this is the first time I've ever looked at total pounds lifted, so I'll know better for next time.

Monday was good - I took the bench press down to 75 pounds, and will work my way up back to 95.

Yesterday:

Band pull-ups: 4 sets of 5. Did these with the band stretched down to my foot instead of around my knee, which felt way better, although I still have this fear that the bands will snap and get me across the face. Used the green one, which looks to be about an inch and a half across.

Incline pushups: 4 sets of ten. Friday I move down to the last hole in the squat rack, and then....the floor. Super excited.

Squats: 45x5, 75x3, 95x3, 115x5x5. Felt my form going a little bit with this weight on Monday, so I'm going to keep it here for at least one more session.

Barbell OHP: 45x3, 50x2, 55x1, 60x5x5. Okay, so I barely got 55 last Friday, and this time easily hit 5x5 at a higher weight? So weird. Not that I'm complaining, but the body is fickle sometimes. Especially because my bench has not felt strong lately.

Deadlift: 95x5, 115x3, 135x3, 140x3x5. Love deadlifts. Although I think my grip strength may become an issue soon. Gonna have to work on that.

No lat pull-downs because both stations were taken. Did the Ranger challenge with three planks at one minute each, and then stretched. I always try to stretch anyway, but usually don't note it.

Last night was recipe night. I've never liked eggplant, but we've had one sitting on our counter for a few days, and this  was the newest recipe posted on one of my favorite blogs, so it seemed meant to be. Besides, if meat can't make eggplant edible, nothing can. And, it turned out pretty tasty! Played some Assasin's Creed II while waiting for everything to cook. Good times.

tumblr_mrdzt0Qv4r1sc7r3oo1_500.gif

I know, I know, but it was covered in ground beef, so hopefully that's acceptable.

Awesome job on the deadlifts.  Are you using a mixed grip?  That helps me when I dead lift more weight.

Also, I remove as many seeds from eggplants as possible and it makes the flavor much more palatable.  That being said, taking seeds out of an eggplant is a huge pain in the ass.  So I just swap out the eggplant at my CSA.  

1st Challenge2nd Challenge3rd Challenge (Current)

STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | CON: 3 | STA: 5 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 3

Excellence is born of preparation, dedication, focus and tenacity; compromise on any of these and you become average and being average sucks.

So I just realized I forgot to add up all the total pounds lifted. With Monday and yesterday's workouts, my total so far comes to...42,525 pounds lifted. So, almost halfway to 100,000, and it's only the second week. Guess I should have made the goal bigger, but this is the first time I've ever looked at total pounds lifted, so I'll know better for next time.

tumblr_mrdzt0Qv4r1sc7r3oo1_500.gif

I know, I know, but it was covered in ground beef, so hopefully that's acceptable.

Make your goal higher! Sometimes you underestimate yourself, and once you recognize that you can adjust accordingly. It's what I do ^_^

Race: Dwarf Class: Ranger Level: 3

STR: 9 | DEX: 7 | STA: 9 | CON: 6 | WIS: 9 | CHA: 8

Current-5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

When you can't run, you crawl, and when you can't crawl - when you can't do that... You find someone to carry you

PUSHUPS PUSHUPS PUSHUPS! So close. It's gonna rule. 

I like eggplant, but I don't cook it very often because I use so much oil when doing so. This recipe looks like there is a minimal amount use, since it is baked with the meat. Did the saltwater bath improve the tastiness? I may try this next time eggplant is on sale.

Awesome job on the deadlifts.  Are you using a mixed grip?  That helps me when I dead lift more weight.

Also, I remove as many seeds from eggplants as possible and it makes the flavor much more palatable.  That being said, taking seeds out of an eggplant is a huge pain in the ass.  So I just swap out the eggplant at my CSA.  

I'm kind of wary of doing mixed grip - I don't really want to unless absolutely necessary. I need an excuse to increase my grip strength anyway. :)

And yeah, taking out the seeds seemed to help. I just used a spoon to scoop them out.

Make your goal higher! Sometimes you underestimate yourself, and once you recognize that you can adjust accordingly. It's what I do ^_^

I definitely will in the future!

PUSHUPS PUSHUPS PUSHUPS! So close. It's gonna rule. 

I like eggplant, but I don't cook it very often because I use so much oil when doing so. This recipe looks like there is a minimal amount use, since it is baked with the meat. Did the saltwater bath improve the tastiness? I may try this next time eggplant is on sale.

YES. It totally will. 

And yeah, the saltwater seemed to help. And then cooking it in the oil and adding some garlic powder definitely helped improve the tastiness as well.

Week 2 Summary:

Weight: 147.0 (-.6lbs)

"DISCIPLINE: The ability to repeat a boring thing over and over again."

Diet is still going really well. Normally I cheat on Sundays, but on Thursday my mom brought home this awesome chocolate cake, and so I had a slice and a couple glasses of champagne. So that was my cheat day. 

Total amount earned for spending: $11.

Goal #2: "TORSO. Should be thick and impenetrable".

Training is going fine as well. Total pounds lifted: 50, 435. Definitely on track to hit 100,000.

Goal #3: "COW PROTEIN. PIG PROTEIN. CHICKEN PROTEIN. ROMANTIC LOVE. DEER PROTEIN. FISH (sport only)"

The eggplant recipe turned out well! Only because it was covered in meat, of course. Meat makes everything better. :D

Life Goal: "INTENSITY. Give 100%. 110% is impossible. Only idiots recommend that."

I did not do so well with getting up on time. Goal was 8:00 am last week, and I overshot that almost every day. Need to focus again this week.

sounds like your going really well.  that eggplant recipe definitely looks great, may have to try that net time I get an eggplant from the farm, always looking for new ways to eat them.  and mmm chocolate cake and champagne, sounds like a delicious treat.  hope you enjoyed it!

Level 6, Ranger

Challenge I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X Current Challenge

My Sewing Blog

Awesome job!  I think you need to double that weight total mid-challenge.  You are absolutely going to crush that one.  Cake and Champagne?!?!  Yeah, that's worth a cheat!

1st Challenge2nd Challenge3rd Challenge (Current)

STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | CON: 3 | STA: 5 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 3

Excellence is born of preparation, dedication, focus and tenacity; compromise on any of these and you become average and being average sucks.

Great second week! Really great job. What is your plan of attack for the 8am goal? I usually set two alarms, and will change the minutes between the two alarms. Sometimes it is 4 minutes, 7 minutes, 9 minutes, 14 minutes. I like switching it, because I don't get used to one time in particular. Saying that, I have been having problems making myself get up. Let me know if you discover a good tactic. And you are definitely going to destroy that weight goal!

sounds like your going really well.  that eggplant recipe definitely looks great, may have to try that net time I get an eggplant from the farm, always looking for new ways to eat them.  and mmm chocolate cake and champagne, sounds like a delicious treat.  hope you enjoyed it!

Yeah normally I hate eggplant, but this turned out pretty well!

Awesome job!  I think you need to double that weight total mid-challenge.  You are absolutely going to crush that one.  Cake and Champagne?!?!  Yeah, that's worth a cheat!

Haha, it was definitely worth it!

Great second week! Really great job. What is your plan of attack for the 8am goal? I usually set two alarms, and will change the minutes between the two alarms. Sometimes it is 4 minutes, 7 minutes, 9 minutes, 14 minutes. I like switching it, because I don't get used to one time in particular. Saying that, I have been having problems making myself get up. Let me know if you discover a good tactic. And you are definitely going to destroy that weight goal!

Ooh, that's a good idea. Right now I just have one alarm, but maybe setting two will help!

Monday:

Band pull-ups: 7,7,6,6

Incline Pushups: 4x5 on the lowest bar in the squat rack

Squats: Took these back down to 95, because my back was hurting after each session at 115. And I am totally fine with taking these very slow, as long as my form stays on point. 

10x45, 3x65, 3x75, 3x85, 5x5x95

Barbell OHP: 45x3, 55x2, 60x2, 65x5, 65x4, 65x4, 65x3, 65x3

Deadlift: 95x5, 115x3, 125x3, 135x3, 145x3x5. <-------Boom. Bodyweight acheived.

Inverted Rows: 4x8

So yeah. Give or take like two pounds, I deadlifted my own bodyweight. Feels damn good.

tumblr_inline_mqpiu5QagW1qc9lhz.gif

Yup.

Anyway, I'm anticipating that the rest of this week will be pretty slow. I might try to squeeze in a quick workout after work today, but from tonight until Sunday I have two college friends visiting, and there will be lots of traveling around and showing them the Southwest. Actually, the biggest challenge here will be staying on track with my diet. Still, I've been feeling pretty motivated, so hopefully it won't be too hard. 

What do you think, Ron?

tumblr_inline_mszlg2wCQl1qz4rgp.gif

Right. So I'll make sure to stay on track with clean eating (except for one cheat day) the rest of the week. The cheat day will actually help a lot - if I know I have one meal I can look forward to where anything goes, I'm much more likely to be motivated the rest of the week.

woo hoo on the body weight dead lift - great work.  Good luck with staying on track whilst your friends are in town, good idea concentrating on just one thing, less willpower used that way!

:D thanks!

I was drawn here by the power of the Swanson.  Solid challenge woman, and congrats on the deadlift PR!  

ftfy. :P It's my own fault - my username is kind of gender-neutral. But thanks! Ron Swanson is irresistible!

Love the Simpsons. What a great show.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines