Yellowjacket has to fix his Armour. (Yes, that's a Canadian Spelling)

Yellowjacket

Wow that is a dramatic change! You can also see how much happier you are now. Keep it up and you'll hit your goals.

Indeed, it is going very well.  I'd caution you to assume that the physical transformation is making me 'happier'.  I was going through many hardships in both the time of the first and second photo.  Me, my wife, and the kids are much happier now and perhaps the physical transformation is aided due to a drastic decrease in stress and outside pressures in our lives.   I think one should be 'happy' first and being in good physical condition is just icing on the cake so to speak.  That being said, a proper diet can have a hugely positive effect on energy levels and mood since the body has the correct fuel to run on.  Make of that what you will.

Without reading what you wrote below and just looking at the photos......my knee jerk reactions were:

- serious chest development....especially upper chest.

- noticeable increase in shoulder size

- sleeves a little tighter (arm size)

Great work!

Yup!  THANKS!  Same to you.  Even in the first photo I was still weight training but my diet was garbage.  Mostly carbs / see-food diet.  The weight training regime was much closer to what you are doing now hence the more compact muscle structure  (Under aboud 20lbs more fat)  So I think I'm going to stick at around 2,800kcal now until I seriously plateau.  It's hard to know what is going on with my body so I don't want to starve it in case it decides to build more muscle!!  

Rawr!  Somehow you look taller to me.  Rawr!  Super nice work!  YAY YAY!

And yes, scale sucks.  Mine is like +/- 3lb between morning and evening.

Good luck and have fun with Week 2!    Mmmm chilli!  Wonder if ground turkey would work just as well (without the beans of course)...  Rawr!

YES, I DO look taller.  Notice the externally rotated shoulders, correct posture, and straight neck!?  In the first pic it is obvious that my midback / rotator cuffs are very underdeveloped because my shoulders are rolling forward and my chin is sticking out, like a gorilla.  So, straightening out the posture adds an inch or so, I think.

I agree with Donar and Kiwi - the first thing I noticed was the drastic difference in your chest and shoulders, giving you more of that upper case T type form.  And you do look taller.   :)  Well done!

YAY!  Thanks for the nod!  As I mentioned to BlueKiwi, my posture is better hence the extra 'height'.  Additionally to the rotator cuff and midback work, I've been doing neck strengthening exercises to pull the neck into alignment.  It still requires conscious effort but it is getting much better.  Elliott Hulse posted some excellent videos on this!  

Now, I can't wait until my bodyfat weight is the same as in the second pic because it's going to look even better with the added lean body mass.  I'm probably sitting at approx 10 - 12lbs more fat than in that pic but I'll get there, slow and steady.  The <2,000 kcal a day was a BAD idea, especially with so much fat to lose!!  

Yup!  THANKS!  Same to you.  Even in the first photo I was still weight training but my diet was garbage.  Mostly carbs / see-food diet.  The weight training regime was much closer to what you are doing now hence the more compact muscle structure  (Under aboud 20lbs more fat)  So I think I'm going to stick at around 2,800kcal now until I seriously plateau.  It's hard to know what is going on with my body so I don't want to starve it in case it decides to build more muscle!!  

Yeah man....just like your first challenge was titled: the tortise wins the race....

A good methodical approach is the way to go.

Now, I can't wait until my bodyfat weight is the same as in the second pic because it's going to look even better with the added lean body mass. I'm probably sitting at approx 10 - 12lbs more fat than in that pic but I'll get there, slow and steady. The <2,000 kcal a day was a BAD idea, especially with so much fat to lose!!

Sub-2000 cals for you would be crazy low....you are a *big* dude (and I mean that in a very complimentary way).

I have less lean mass and total mass than you and am currently eating ~2600 cals on a day like today....(non-training about 400 less).

2800 sounds like a real nice recomp number for you....

Sculptor - Warrior

LVL 4 | STR 10 | DEX 8 | WIS 12 | CHA 8 | STA 1 | CON 6

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd caution you to assume that the physical transformation is making me 'happier'. I was going through many hardships in both the time of the first and second photo. Me, my wife, and the kids are much happier now and perhaps the physical transformation is aided due to a drastic decrease in stress and outside pressures in our lives. I think one should be 'happy' first and being in good physical condition is just icing on the cake so to speak. That being said, a proper diet can have a hugely positive effect on energy levels and mood since the body has the correct fuel to run on. Make of that what you will.

Well as the saying goes don't assume because it makes an ass out of you and me.

Dude, accept a compliment don't over think it. I know there is more elements to happiness than just the physical condition especially when you add wife and kids, but it plays a big role. I chose to follow your thread because of your positivity in your posts on my previous thread. Not sure what changed but I've already got my share of negativity in life. So if we're not clicking this go around, I'm out.

So, back workout!  WEEE!!!  It took approx 30min!

Cable Rows.

50lbs x 30

45 second rest

45 second rest

I was experimenting with more of a ROM with my scapulae throughout the sets although I ended up having to mash them together for the last few reps due to premature fatigue.

One arm cable straight arm pulldowns.

20lbs x 12 L & R

20lbs x 10 L & R

Dumbbell pullovers.

60lbs x 12  (two hand)  (Trying to maneuver into position was crazy)

Dumbbell Rows.

60lbs x 10  (Back and forth between L and R with no rest)

60lbs x 6

Break to change weight (I have plate loading dumbbells for over 40lbs.  It can be a pain sometimes)

50lbs x 8

50lbs x 6

Cable Pulldowns.

70lbs x 10  (Wide grip)

30 second rest

70lbs x 10 (less wide grip)

30 second rest

70lbs x 10 (Narrow grip)

30 second rest

70lbs x 10  Underhand grip.

40lb DB shrugs  (Form with neck straight and chin pressed down)

30 sec

x 10 (Bending over slightly)

30 sec

x 10  (Bending over more)

30 sec

x 10 (Straight again)

120lbs x 10 (Rack pulls practicing engaging lower back as well as glutes and hams)

20 sec L & R side planks.

30 sec front plank

Done

Well as the saying goes don't assume because it makes an ass out of you and me.

Dude, accept a compliment don't over think it. I know there is more elements to happiness than just the physical condition especially when you add wife and kids, but it plays a big role. I chose to follow your thread because of your positivity in your posts on my previous thread. Not sure what changed but I've already got my share of negativity in life. So if we're not clicking this go around, I'm out.

Well, I think we can chalk up yet another mis-understanding to text on a screen.  I'm sure wars have been started over this.

For the record, I'm feeling pretty freaking excited about these challenges right now and I'm really enjoying these results.  I really think 4 years of frustration, hard work, research, and accumulation of knowledge related to fitness are all coming together and I'm in the zone with training, sleep, diet, and productivity.  I'm finishing a Doctorate in music, doing some studio recording, starting two businesses, and some big things in my life are coming together in a good way.  It's really awesome and I'm super pumped.  So ya, there is a huge positive attitude and I am glad that it is sucking people in and pulling them along as well!!  

I was not upset with your comment at all but rather, I just wanted to give a caution to other people who are reading this.  Fixing the outside (Body) does not, by extension, fix the mind / soul / spirit or whatever you want to call it.  If someone is a scared, insecure, timid person who is overweight, getting in shape can do something for confidence but it will not change the person.  Working on managing one's emotional / spiritual health is a completely different discipline, and something I work on as well, apart from fitness.  

Diet / exercise / healthy lifestyle will do the following:  Higher energy level, better sleep, easier time mobilizing  (Getting stuff done), increased sex drive, increased sense of wellbeing  (Due to body functioning better because of proper nutrition).  It also can increase confidence but I don't know if this is true 100% of time time.  

It doesn't really solve other problems aside from this and I just don't want people thinking it will.  Many people have had rough circumstances in life and they want something to make things easier.  I just don't want people buying into hype about lifestyle that ultimately won't deliver.  For those with debilitating and uncomfortable emotional issues, I urge all of you to seek help with this.  Dealing with these crippling factors will ultimately make it much easier to be disciplined with a healthy lifestyle and other facets of your lives.   

On a lighter note, you did well keeping the continuity going with the same paint splattered shirt over the 3 photos :D

Hey >=-[

Would you believe it is actually a designer shirt from Buffalo (Jean store)?  I like using that as a reference because I'm not about to post shirtless photos on teh interwebs.  I might have to use some tighter shirts to gauge progress to the next level though.  This one will become useless soon!  

I think I should do a two shirt pic maybe at the end of this challenge with the blue 'paint splatter pattern' one and one that is much tighter that will show continued progress as this body recomp wanes on over the coming months.  I suspect I will have to make adjustments at some point but for not, I'm going to follow donair's *ahem* Donar's advice and stick with what I'm doing until I hit a real plateau.   

Hey hey Yellowjacket!

You must forgive me for not coming by more, having a hard time keeping up with everyone, lol.

And, since your workouts currently make mine look like child's play :nightmare:, I don't think I am very qualified to comment more than an "AWESOME job"!! So, AWESOME job!! :D

But, I will say a big congrats on the above photos! :o That is something to be seriously proud of!

Hope Wednesday is excellent for you!

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

Fixing the outside (Body) does not, by extension, fix the mind / soul / spirit or whatever you want to call it.  If someone is a scared, insecure, timid person who is overweight, getting in shape can do something for confidence but it will not change the person.  Working on managing one's emotional / spiritual health is a completely different discipline, and something I work on as well, apart from fitness.  

Well said.  This is something I am rediscovering slowly about myself, a backslid PK (preacher's kid).  I don't want to be the seed that sprouted up quick but then withered away.

Human Warrior

Non nobis, Domine. Sed nomine tuo da gloriam.

Warrior: Battle Log | Old Battle Log | #1, #2, #3, #4

First Warrior/Ranger Battle Log

Arms smoking guns workout!  

Bentover concentration curls.

20lbs x 30. 30 seconds, 20, 30 seconds, 15.  Done.

incline dumbbell curls.

30lbs x 10 reps

Barbell curls.

50lbs x 12 45 sec rests

55lbs x 10

60 x 8

65 x 6

40lb pushdowns  

x 30, (30sec), 20, 15.  (Keep in mind the home gym pulley system feels different from a commercial gym resistance wise.  I'd guess this would be aboug 80lbs on one of those pulleys)

Dumbbell overhead extensions.

30lbs x 12

Close grip bench press.

70lbs x 12  (45 second rest intervals)

80lbs x 10

90lbs x 8

100 x 6

Abs

V ups

situps

30 sec

leg raises

side to side crunches

30 seconds

reverse crunches

crunches

Done.

Well said.  This is something I am rediscovering slowly about myself, a backslid PK (preacher's kid).  I don't want to be the seed that sprouted up quick but then withered away.

I have a lot of respect for PKs.  I think these kids undergo a lot of public scrutiny growing up and many people within a faith based community consciously or unconsciously place unrealistically high and suffocating expectations on them.  Consider that Myles Kennedy (Alter Bridge) and Pete Stewart (Grammatrain / Toby Mac) were both PKs.  Pete Stewart has commented on having a path laid out before him and how he just walked down it and didn't question it until doubts began to creep in.

Although I am not a PK, personally, I wasn't even able to start my own faith journey until I went to university and got away from the suffocating gaze of my mother.  I think people really want whats best for others but this often can become controlling and make people want to rebel.  It's normal to feel this way.  To have ownership of anything it has to be a choice, otherwise it is fake and just an act.  

Nutrition so far today.

Breakfast

4 eggs

Bowl of Raspberries

Lunch

1 can tuna

2 small potatoes

big bad hunk of iceberg lettuce

approx 1/2 cup Almonds

Post Workout

2 scoops Muscletech Whey Protein +

Cocoa Powder

Honey.

Update on my problems!!

Gosh, the thesis and research paper is terrible, mostly because I am currently in a traffic jam right now with stupid details to work out.

OK, here's the lowdown.

Problem #1.  I agreed to a gig back in April to play cello at a CD Release Party that was being filmed for a documentary.  The mic on the cello picked up more stage volume than it picked up cello which meant 1) the playing sounded horrible 2) the tracks are unusable.  I retracked 3 tunes already in the studio and now I have to retrack a fourth tune that was an encore.  My part was entirely improvised so I went and transcribed  (Wrote down) the entire thing today so I can learn it.  It's 3 pages long and the solo is MUCH harder than anything I actually arranged for this project.  (I was obviously thinking that I wouldn't have to learn, rehearse, and perform this again while I was playing it.)   So next week, I have a day snarled up with studio work and this probably will take a bit longer than the other stuff.

DONE!  FINALLY!  It actually went even faster than expected.   FINALLY DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE!!!!

Problem #2.  I was in the studio yesterday recording Cello for an arrangement I'm doing for my friend / webmaster for his CD he's working on.  It is a music compilation of arrangements based on a soundtrack he scored for a game on the Ouya console.  The game is called Monocle man.  I have to composite the audio from seven takes, mix down the individual parts, and send them off for mixing / mastering.

I composited the audio already.  I think it works well.  I just need to record about 1 min of guitar and send it off for mixing.  I'll get to that ASAP!

Problem #3.  I have to get all my school stuff sorted out.  Confirmation of enrollment for loans, opt in for Health / Dental coverage for my family, Book Players for my DMA Composition Recital*,  Fill out forms for my TA position, Pay tuition  (They sent my funding to me via snail mail instead of putting it directly on my financial account).  This probably isn't everything...

Confirmation of Enrolment  = done.  TA forms are half filled out.  Opt in is done, just have to send cheque.  Paid tuition.  (i.e. gave them their money back)  Still booking players though F**************************************************************************CK, do you think it could take any looooonger!???

Problem #4*.  Getting music scores finalized and music pieces ready for my recital.  I have a huge 25minute work booked already with some star performers, but I need to get everything else nailed down.  I have a song cycle that needs words and one more song to complete it, A good 5 minutes of a string quartet I am happy with that I should probably finish, a multipercussion piece that requires elite players to play, and a Trumpet and Piano piece that is almost done except for some cosmetic details.  **breathes**  I have to send the score for the multi-percussion piece via snail mail tonight.  Hopefully we can get-er done.

First 4 songs of the song cycle has words now and the score formatting is done.  I need to rewrite some of the vocal material in the 'bully' song but this is pretty good.  Now to write the fifth.
Multipercussion piece score is sent in the mail.  Still haven't heard back.
Trumpet and Piano score and part are done and sent off.
Song cycle has singer booked and Trumpet and Piano has trumpet booked.  Still waiting to hear back from a pianist....  

No new song for the cycle has been written and I have not penned any notes for the quartet.

Problem #5.  My wife got this crazy idea at 7 months pregnant to apply for two of the biggest craft shows in Canada and she got into both.  Now we have a 3 1/2 year old, a 2 month old, and we're frantically crafting 2 - 3 hours each night!  It's cool but busy.

Crafting has not happened yet this week.  We REALLY need to motor at this now!

Problem #6.  I'm starting my own business as a private music instructor and we're almost full in a city about 45 minutes away from here so we get to commute out there once a week for a day of teaching.    

No new calls 'yet' but things are going well.  Looking forward to teaching fri.

Problem #7.  This isn't a problem at all, but I have a young family and I do like to see them occasionally  =-(  

Saw them for about 2 hours today.  BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Geez.  I mean this is awesome and all and I'm glad things are going well, I just need to clear my plate here.

There there, it's coming.  

Plan for tomorrow, finish TA application form and scan / email the PDF to the Grad Admin.

Write 10 measures of orchestra / sketches for my thesis.

Learn music for tomorrow evening rehearsal.  (Guitar)

Write a page of research project.

OF course, eat well and train legs cuz bros don't let bros skip leg day and all that.

**Phew**

WoW :o ! You are one seriously busy human being.

If you don't mind the question, what kind of crafting does she do? I like to craft too. Etsy.

I greatly respect your wife, she sounds as busy as you with those littles and one on the way. At least only 2 of mine are little bitties and the olders are helpful with that.

Another question, and forgive me if I misunderstood I'm tired, but you said you're wife was 7 months along and then you said you have a 3 1/2 yr old, and a 2 month old? lol I'm confused. Did you mean 2 yr old?

Hope things get easier for the both of you!

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.

Ok, it's a bit of a timeline thing here.  She was 7 months when she got into the craft shows but she has since given birth so we're trying to figure out life with a 3 1/2 year old and what is now a 3 month old.

The crafting we do is working with crayon wax.  It's a cool idea and we'll see how it sells about a month or so from now.

We are both seriously buuuusy, exhausted, overwhelmed, stressed, overworked, etc., but WE WILL PREVAIL!!!   (This is another reason why most of my workouts are under 30min.  I think having a home gym helps me out IMMENSELY in staying regular and being efficient!  Time for bed!!

Ah! I see. lol

I sympathize IMMENSELY as I remember when I had my first 4. All littles at the same time. (shaking head)

busy, exhausted, overwhelmed, stressed, overworked- that about describes it, yep. But you will prevail, patterns and habits form and help a lot. And you both sound like awesomely capable people.

Yep, also why I workout at home, lol.

And that is cool! I know someone who does that! Very neat. Have you heard of Etsy? Good place to sell crafts online. Second to Ebay but much more reasonable in fees. Actually maybe better for crafts.

Anyway, best wishes to you both!

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Gosh, today has been ::interesting:: so far.  

Late night delt workout.  I moved Legs to Sat because I don't have time to give them sufficient attention.  I went way overtime trying to prepare orchestral sketches for my meeting with my advisor.  He told me to write more!  **Phew**  This is tiring!  So, I missed my afternoon workout time and I don't want to stay up LAAATE at night and being buzzed from a workout / post workout sugar keeps me up at night.  So, a big brutal day like leg day is going to go in the middle of Saturday instead when I can really cook the lower body!  

Good news, waist down to 40inches today!  

Dumbbell Laterals (45 second rest interval)

30, 20, 15 reps.

Incline bench dumbbell laterals.  (A weird stretch position exercise)

15lbs x 10 L R

Standing Push Presses. 30 second rest intervals.

60llbs x 12 reps

65lbs x 7 reps

70lbs x 8 reps  (engaging legs a bit at this point)

75lbs x 6 reps.

Bentover Laterals.  (30 second rest intervals)

15lbs x 10, 10, 10, 10

Rotator cuff.  
Lying L flyes

5lbs x 20 reps

Standing L Flyes

5lbs x 25 reps

Rotator cuffs are definitely getting stronger.

Did a music rehearsal for some volunteer stuff tonight.  No biggie, but I definitely was enjoying how my guitar setup was sounding!  

Hard day overall.  Stress is interfering with productivity / relationships right now.  I think I just feel urgent with school because for me, the months are moving faster than weeks do for most people.  I can hardly believe fall is upon us already!  

Awesome transformation pictures! It is really encouraging to see real people do this and hear the specifics of how it works for them.

The plan is that this will be the first of many.

Weird little tidbit here.  First of all, you need to be disciplined, not cheat, and hit your macros 90% of the time.  This combined with training is the pre-requisite for what I am about to tell you.

Ok, that being said, I notice that I tend to drop off fat about 3 - 4 days post re-feed.  Re-feeds seems to be the key to enduring and staying consistent with a limiting and tyrannical nutrition regime month to month.  It's like the refeed resets the metabolism and pulls the body out of starvation mode long enough that it short circuits the metabolic adaptation that so often accompanies a diet and fitness regime.  It really helps preserve lean body mass.

The other hot tips are

1) EAT LOTS OF PROTEIN.  TRUST ME!

2) DRINK LOTS OF WATER

3) Get sleep!

4) Eat 6 or so feedings throughout the day.

5) Keep your workouts moving.  Endeavour to finish all workouts quickly.    The short rest intervals make it difficult to move big weight but they also overload the muscle faster which stimulates more growth.  More size = more metabolically active tissue = more fat loss.  

Pure strength workouts are necessary and for a beginner, focusing on learning basic multi-joint movements is the best approach.  It isn't really necessary to overwork the body.  In the words of Lee Haney, stimulate, don't annihilate.  My body is already used to the 5 - 12 rep range with the 1 1/2 - 3 minute rest intervals so I'm changing things up to shock it into more growth!  It seems to be working!  

Once you get focused, you'll love how fast the noobie gains happen.  Expect to make mostly steady / dramatic size and strength gains for about a whole year before hitting any really difficult plateaus.  

Good news, waist down to 40inches today!  

Hard day overall.  Stress is interfering with productivity / relationships right now.  I think I just feel urgent with school because for me, the months are moving faster than weeks do for most people.  I can hardly believe fall is upon us already!  

Congrats! That's awesome!

Believe me I understand, and yeah I am dumbfounded summer is over already.

Sending out wishes that things will get better soon!

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Refeed day!  I decided it was time and that I should commit this time around.  My only indiscretions to report are homo milk and nachos and MAN those nachos were totally worth it!

KCal

Carbs

192g

Fat

210g

Protein

246.8g

This is probably above the calories I'd eat for a clean bulk although I wouldn't be eating nachos to get there even if I was.  
The point of the refeed is just to replenish any depletion and to boost the metabolism.

I weighed in at 255lbs this morning which is a good overall downward trend.  I played a little trick on my mother in law this morning.  I showed her the blue shirt comparison photo and hid the weight and dates and asked her to pick what she thought were the heaviest and lightest.  She picked the fat 255 as heaviest and hummed and hawed over the lean 231 and the 257 for a long time before settling on the 257 as the lightest photo.  I think she was a bit surprised when I showed her the numbers haha!!  

I'll be doing legs tomorrow, more on that then.

IN other news, teaching went well today and there was yet another performance of my most performed piece I've written.  It's a 9 minute work for Violin and Piano.  http://pumpernickel.ca/paul_private/Rhapsody_for_Violin_and_Piano.mp3  

Still waiting to hear back from performers about my recital.  

Well, it's not bad.  Got the last guitar stuff tracked for the Monocle Man arrangement.

For legs I did some stretching followed by some overhead squats.  I think I did 2 or 3 sets, can't remember.

Then I did squats.

70lbs x 10

120lbs x 10

140lbs x 10

160lbs x 10

180lbs x 10

The new form still feels weird and will take some time to solidify.
One comment:  I'm getting much deeper than I ever did before and with a much more upright position for my torso.  It really puts the strain of the movement much more right on the quads.  I'll start pushing harder once I feel better with the weight but right now it takes an incredible amount of mental energy to keep the chest really out, butt out, and knees apart.  If I don't think about it, my previous bad habits start to creep back in.  I also still notice a bit of torsion happening so the lighter weight is best so that I don't cheat with my dominant side.  Looks like this will be quite the project.

Then I did rack pulls really concentrating on activating the lower back.  This is going better.

120lbs x 10

160lbs x 10

This is all light weight but I am retraining my nervous system.  I'll probably spend a lot of time one this but once it is done, I bet I'll be able to handle even more weight.  I'll just have to make a trip to the gym next week to really work my lower body hard just to maintain the mass down there.

I did a few standing calf raises to stimulate the calves.

That was all.  

Squats are definitely something I have to concentrate on form wise. (nodding) And it was the one exercise I had to really keep from being sloppy on when I went from BW squats last challenge to weighted ones. That felt like a big difference!

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Elliott Hulse has some very interesting videos on exercise form, particularly for squats.  He teaches about how to work on flexibility and programming correct neural patterning.  It will take me some time time to fix my form but I think I will get there and it will be worth it at that point.

The sort of regime I am using is as follows.
First of all I stretch my ankles, hips (from multiple angles) and shoulders.
Then I warm up by squatting down with support and getting used to balancing.
After this, I do overhead squats to assist working on the balance.
Then I move onto very light barbell back squats.

Chest out and back flat.  I also have to force my knees out because they tend to pull inward otherwise.  (I think this is a flexibility problem)
While descending I have to consciously keep the chest out and my head balanced so I don't lean forward.  My tendency is to lean forward to achieve more depth instead of lowering the pelvic girdle. The knees don't travel super far forward but the ass doesn't travel super far backward either.  It's more of a downward motion from two major joints.  Then, I power out.

The biggest difference is that I notice the quads activating far more.  I have not tried serious weight yet because even at the 180 - 200lb mark I can feel my chest starting to collapse under the load.  It is simply just a case of my body re learning the movement and it will take time.

I like what you do to get ready for the squat. I may have to try that. Beyond warm up and acclimation sets I've never done anything to 'ready' for the movement.

Yeah, the balance and leaning forward, particularly the latter is where I catch myself.

But, your definitely right, if I stop myself from the lean forward I do feel it much more in the quads. (nodding)

Do you have a link to those videos?

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines