Yellowjacket has to fix his Armour. (Yes, that's a Canadian Spelling)

Yellowjacket

Chest.

Shoulder stretch.

30second rest interval.

30lbs x 30, 20, 15.

Bench PRess.  45 second rest interval.

140lbs x 12

145lbs x 10

150lbs x 8

155lbs x 6

Incline DB press.

45 second rest intervaln)

50lbs x 10  (3 pin)

50lbs x 10 (2 pin)

50lbs x 5 (1 pin)

40lbs x 10  (1pin)

I had ice cream post workout  (With my friend who's going back to the cruise ship to play bass on Thurs morning)
Pumpkin pie flavour is cool but YEXCHT UUGGG SPUTTER  EWWW

It does NOT feel good.  I'm convinced that kind of 'food' has no nutritional value whatsoever.  A stomach ache later and I'm once again convinced that I'm completely transitioned onto healthy food. 

The other problem:

Already at 2,400kcal and 160g of protein today.  EWWW!!!  I don't like that when my calories are high compared to my macros.  After dinner, I'm usually close to or surpassing 200g of protein, which allows me to have the high fat meal before bed.

ANyway, numbers are up on my chest workout.  I'm happy.  No more sweets EWWWWWW!!  There is a reason I avoid certain foods, even on cheat days.

Yeah, same here. I LOVE cheesecake and could eat it endlessly. But the last time I did I got a really bad stomach ache. Oh, but pumpkin pie flavored ice cream does sound nummy! I LOVE pumpkin!

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

Chicken cooked with carrots and now for some peanuts.  Feeling better now!!  Still excited that my numbers went up from the last workout.  I should really pay attention to these things!

I am sorry to hear about your bodies response to the ice cream- sort of. My body is already doing that too! I want to love ice cream and cookies, but it really doesn't feel good afterward. I need to hold on that as a feeling of victory.

I think I need to start paying attention to the amount of protein I am taking in. I have some every meal, but I have not wanted to take the time to measure it. What do you use for protein sources?

I had ice cream post workout  (With my friend who's going back to the cruise ship to play bass on Thurs morning)

Pumpkin pie flavour is cool but YEXCHT UUGGG SPUTTER  EWWW

It does NOT feel good.  I'm convinced that kind of 'food' has no nutritional value whatsoever.  A stomach ache later and I'm once again convinced that I'm completely transitioned onto healthy food. 

Lactose can be nasty stuff.

I love me some dairy......so the compromise for me is heavy whipping cream. It has no lactose and is a great saturated fat....and makes chocolate protein shakes taste like milk shakes....soooo good without the side effects. :)

Last time I had ice cream I shit like an elephant for the following day and a half.....that can't be good....lol

Sculptor - Warrior

LVL 4 | STR 10 | DEX 8 | WIS 12 | CHA 8 | STA 1 | CON 6

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, same here. I LOVE cheesecake and could eat it endlessly. But the last time I did I got a really bad stomach ache. Oh, but pumpkin pie flavored ice cream does sound nummy! I LOVE pumpkin!

EEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!  Stay FAR away!!!  

For Elliott Hulse's videos, go to youtube and search for "Elliott Hulse Squat" and you'll have plenty of very interesting videos to watch.  I can try and find the exact videos I watched when I have a moment but believe me, there is A LOT of them!  

I am sorry to hear about your bodies response to the ice cream- sort of. My body is already doing that too! I want to love ice cream and cookies, but it really doesn't feel good afterward. I need to hold on that as a feeling of victory.

I think I need to start paying attention to the amount of protein I am taking in. I have some every meal, but I have not wanted to take the time to measure it. What do you use for protein sources?

Don't be sorry at all.  I honestly don't have cravings for that sort of food anymore and I was going for a man-date with my friend before he leaves the country again.  I seriously expected that post workout, I would be able to get away with it if it was a one time thing  (I did) but I was unprepared for my body's dramatic reaction.  Just stick with things and it will get better.

Protein sources:  This will be fun!!!!  

OK, are you ready!!?????

1, 2, 3 GO!

Lean meats. 

Good for most meals.

Chicken / Chicken breast  (No fingers, nuggets, burgers, prepared patty crap, ok?  OK??!?  PROMISE ME)

Grass Fed Free Range Unmedicated Beef.  Be sure to check the source, Steve has commented on this at length.

Bison.  (More expensive but an excellent source of lean red meat.  Try to eat red meat each day)

Duck, Goose, and all manner of fowl.

Venison, Elk, Moose, etc.

I eat usually 1 - 2 8oz servings a day of a collection of these.

Fish.  (Once again, Get meat, not the breaded processed horrendous boxed crap)

Tuna.

Salmon.

Pickerel.  

Halibut.

Cod.

Orange Roughy.  (Have not tried this)

Vegan Protein.  (This stuff is IMPORTANT, TRUST ME!!!)

Legumes.

Great for dinner foods.  I generally use them pre-workout.

Lentils  (red and green.  If you like Indian food, you can make some excellent dishes with lentils)

Chick Peas.

Beans (Great in mexican dishes, trust me)

Black beans, Kidney beans, Lima beans, etc

Nuts / Seeds.

Best for bedtime snack.  Also good for snacks at work break.  If you are not hungry, it is easier to ignore temptations.

(use sparingly,  You should ALWAYS measure these out because it is easy to surpass 1,000kcal in one serving because of how calorie dense these foods are)

Almonds, Sunflower seeds, Pistachios, Peanuts, Cashews, Hemp seeds.

Vegetarian Protein.

Eggs.  Eat them.  Enough said.

Quinoa.  Nature's superfood.  Use as a slow carb for lunch / dinner.

Oats.  Rolled oats are best.  10g of protein in 1 cup.  I have these for breakfast, cooked in water.  Also a great slow carb source.

Dairy

Cottage Cheese.

Cheddar / Mozarella cheese.  (Get local stuff that is milk and bacteria culture only.  Organic is expensive but also good)

Whey Protein <----  Most people don't understand how to use this stuff.  USE IT POST WORKOUT WITH A SIMPLE SUGAR! That is all.

Milk.  Good for weight gain because of all the sugar.

Out of this list,

Lean Meats, Eggs, and nuts are my  major sources of protein.  I tend to stay away from dairy unless I need to REALLY get my calories up.  

I love me some dairy......so the compromise for me is heavy whipping cream. It has no lactose and is a great saturated fat....and makes chocolate protein shakes taste like milk shakes....soooo good without the side effects. :)

Last time I had ice cream I shit like an elephant for the following day and a half.....that can't be good....lol

Agreed.  I feel better since cutting out most dairy!  My usual dairy cheat is cheese  -because it is awesome- but I try to eat as little of it day to day as possible.  My preferred form of cheese consumption is this block of hard parmesan imported from Italy.  It is very strong so a little goes a very long way, which means it adds no more than 25 - 30kcal to an entire meal.  Trace amounts of dairy are best, in my opinion.  

Jefro, I forgot to mention this, but expect your cravings to change over time.  The sorts of cheat meals I crave are generally meat, fat, and complex carb kind of things.  Like going out for Chili Con Queso with tortillas and a plate of hot wings is my idea of a good cheat meal.  Or getting a taco salad with extra chicken and extra beef!!!  =-o  I ate that as well as like 3 or 4 of the peanut butter packs they have in restaurants!  

EEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!  Stay FAR away!!!  

Hey, don't dis my cheesecake buddy! Not that I plan on eating it any time soon anyway! :playful:

Thank  you for the heads up on the videos. Will go take a look.

Nice food list (nodding).

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.

I love me some dairy......so the compromise for me is heavy whipping cream. It has no lactose and is a great saturated fat....and makes chocolate protein shakes taste like milk shakes....soooo good without the side effects.  :)

Good that I wasn't drinking anything when I read this. I laughed out loud in my quiet office :joyous: !

I am really looking forward to trying the whipping cream. I need to see if they have that at my coffee shop.

That is an awesome food list! I had no idea there were so many options. I do eat primarily lean mean, including fish- I cook mostly cod and sole. I don't like the packaged stuff- besides being packed with bad stuff and questionable in origin, it tastes wrong. I like to use a lot more spice in my food than the packaged varities offer. I love eggs and also nuts. I have noticed that nuts for a snack at work is awesome for a craving trade. But I have also noticed that a pack becomes a serving when it is intended to be 3! It will be nice when I crave some serious mexican dinner to some chocolate cake. I believe it can be!

Any new or especially reliable recipes to share?

Thanks! 

Nuts in shells, my friend.  Nuts in shells.  Slows down consumption.  I'm working on my orchestra piece right now but I can maybe post a couple of recipe ideas later.

Hey, don't dis my cheesecake buddy! Not that I plan on eating it any time soon anyway! :playful:

Thank  you for the heads up on the videos. Will go take a look.

Nice food list (nodding).

Cheesecake and Ice Cream is truly the enemy.  It showers you with kisses but stabs you in the back afterward!  Stay far away ;)

Glad you enjoyed the food list.  Just be sure to give yourself some time to watch Elliott's videos, they're all immensely useful!

Disorganized back day.  Kids decided to have an explosion midway through.  The 3 year old momentarily forgot what a potty was for and by the time he remembered, he had a stinky steamy gift waiting in his pants and was quite embarrassed about it.  Massive crying triggered the 3 month old, turning mommy into a frazzled mess.

SO.
Barbell rows 5 x 5  Felt weak today.

120 x 5

140 x 5

160 x 5

180 x 5

200 x 5

220 x 4  (Petered out here and the form started falling apart.  Boo urns)

Extended break of 15 + minutes.

Chinups bodyweight x 5.  That's A LOT of bodyweight!

60lbs x 9 DB pullovers.

One arm cable pulldowns.

20lbs x 10 both arms.

close grip pulldowns. 30 second rest interval.

70 x 10

90 x 12

110 x 10

110 x 6 , 2

Cable rows.

narrow grip.

110 x 12

medium grip

110 x 10

overhand grip with lat bar.

70 x 10

wide overhand grip  (this one felt good.

70 x 10

wide overhand grip 

70 x 10

Shrugs  30 second rest interval.

40 x 10

40 x 10

40 x 10

40 x 10

Oh yes, I did some pre workout stretching, a bit at least.

So today was a game of angles.  The power is still mostly there and the workout went a bit long because of the huge gap in the middle.
I have 30 measures of sketches written for my thesis but no pages on the research project in the past 3 weeks or so.  That MUST change!  

Nutrition is on track.

Oats and Eggs breakfast  (Look it up in this thread)

Bit of cheese melted on sprouted grain tortilla.
Leafy greens.

10oz grass fed beef

half cup corn.

diced tomato.

Cooked with onion, garlic, and cumin.

Nice Mexican themed taco salad type lunch.

Post workout shake.

Muscletech Whey Protein Plus 2 scoops.

1 scoops honey

5 scoops cocoa powder.

NO MORE D&MN ICE CREAM!  Stupid slop.  

Disorganized back day.  Kids decided to have an explosion midway through.  The 3 year old momentarily forgot what a potty was for and by the time he remembered, he had a stinky steamy gift waiting in his pants and was quite embarrassed about it.  Massive crying triggered the 3 month old, turning mommy into a frazzled mess.

.......Uh, that  brought on flashbacks........of today......... :nightmare: (insert 2 & 4yr old)

LOVE the post workout shake! But what do you define as scoops on the honey and cocoa powder? Sounds like a good change up to my current shake!

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

I like to define the scoops as, you know, proper tablespoons.  In reality it looked like one heaping spoon of honey and two REALLY heaping spoons of cocoa which is why I said 2 TBSP Honey and LOOOTS of Cocoa!!  It tastes good and more importantly, feels good on the tummy.

2 TBSP Honey

I freaking love PWO honey....I swear its like someone is absolutely ramming blood, water and all the good stuff into my muscles....you can feel the surge...lol

Sculptor - Warrior

LVL 4 | STR 10 | DEX 8 | WIS 12 | CHA 8 | STA 1 | CON 6

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MMM PWO HONEY!

DB curls. 30 second rest interval.

25lbs x 30, 20, 10

INcline curls.

35lbs x 8

Barbell curls. 45 sec rest interval

55lbs x 12

60lbs x 10

65lbs x 8

70lbs x 6

Cable Pushdowns. 30 sec rest interval

45lbs x 30, 20, 15 

Overhead DB extension

35lbs x 11 (Still feel a bit iffy about my elbow so I take it easy)

Close Grip Bench PRess 30 sec rest interval.

75lbs x 12

95lbs x 10

115lbs x 8

135lbs x 6.

Something tells me I need more weight on this last exercise.

3 ab compound sets with c.a. 30 sec in between.

Back to work.  BUUUUUUUUUUUUSY!!!

Tried that shake today. yums. Thank you.

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Glad you like it.  This goes a long way towards killing those sugar cravings!

You're using a Whey ISOLATE, right?  The Concentrate digests more slowly which defeats the purpose of post workout nutrition.  

The slower digesting Whey concentrate / Casein blend is something which is better for meal replacement protein.  Whey in general is quite sugary which is why I wouldn't recommend it any other time except for after a workout.  

The protein powder I'm currently using does say it's an isolate, yeps. made a good change up!

Now to track down the eggs & oats thing you mentioned......

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1 cup oats cooked in water with a tablespoon of cinnamon.

Cup of Frozen Raspberries.

3 eggs cooked in a spot of butter.

Ah, thanks Yellowjacket! Sounds good. :)

How's the crafting coming?

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

BOOO.  Crafting and Research hasn't happened this week but both are planned for next.

I've got a solid start on composing my orchestra piece (Thesis) and I'll be doing some work on the orchestration for the next bit.  

I'm reshuffling my day and finding that I practicing voice / bass guitar are best in the morning since short things tend to get crowded out by not so short things.  Been getting back on the guitar again and the cello has been getting the shaft.  I'll shuffle stuff again next week but I have been spending a lot of time thinking about improvising and how to take a musical scale  (A way of organizing pitches, based off of a distillation of common melodies and harmonies) and applying that to the creative process.  It is something that comes naturally / easily to me so trying to think about how to teach it is proving to be an interesting challenge.  

The leg workout today sucked.  I'M REALLY hating having leg day on composition lesson day.  Let's be mentally distracted on the TOUGHEST WORKOUT OF THE WEEK.  It never goes well.  
My squat form is starting to improve but it will be awhile before I can manage any significant weight.  The underdeveloped postural muscles and my incorrect neural patterning means the old habits take over once the weight goes up.  I got through squats today so I think I'll have to finish up hams and calves at the next workout.

I'm also thinking about using squats as a warm up an additional two times a week.  On these days, I would simply stretch, do overhead squats and light weight barbell squats just to work on form / neural patterning.  In this case, the more practice I get, the faster I can improve.  I'm beginning to see that the frequency of power lifts in a power lifting regime is more for practice than it is for muscular overload like one would strive to achieve in a bodybuilding workout.  At any rate, the sooner I can get this form down, the better.  I also NEED to get to the gym to use some leg equipment and scorch the legs before they start shrinking on me!!!  

Yuck.  I'm good, but just a bit annoyed.  **sigh**  

Glad your good! Sorry for the annoyed & for sucko leg day. BOOO! lol :playful:

Yep, Yellowjacket should get to the gym & throw in some extra squat days. Makes sense. (nodding)

Hope the research and crafting happen next week!

(Man you're busy! :nightmare: )

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines