General Questions Thread!

So it said to join the Accountibilibuddies too.  What is the purpose for these groups as opposed to our Challenge Forums?  And is there a good way to pick a team because there seem to be a lot and more than one for first timers.

The groups are smaller then the challenge boards - i'm sure you've noticed there are a lot of people here.  So instead of following all 1000+ people, you have a team of people that you can support and encourage and turn to when you need a little bit of that yourself (no one's stopping you from following other people too).  It's like a mini forum :)  You don't have to join a squad, but it's great to have those people there - i've met some of my closest friends through NF, people who are there for me no matter the time of day.

The squads could have their own mini quests and things, but essentially they were created as an additional support structure.

A recommendation for choosing a team is to look at your own goals and choose a squad that have similar goals running through their threads (e.g eating 100% Paleo, lifting heavy things, running 5km, sleeping 8 hours etc).  If you don't find one, you could always create your own one :) You also don't have to stick to the First Timer squads, you're welcome to join Cross Guild squads too and I know a ton of Adventurer squads who'd happily welcome you to their squad too.

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

Can anyone explain to me how they choose to select their "Attributes" for their challenges, and how they are applied based on their grading? 

totally up to you hun.. 

After you complete the first 3 weeks of the challenge you get 10 (i think) points to start your character off.. then after completing the the 6 week challenge you get a bonus 1 point per goal to add on.

Those first 10 you apply to yourself however you see fit.. I'm fairly strong 'for a girl' so i'm thinking 3 points on strength, i'm also really clumsy so dexterity isn't getting any.. etc

How you choose to grade yourself, and divide those attribute points is up to you.. you might say a pass is worth the point and a fail isn't.. or you might say A=1, B=.8, C=.6 etc

I'm not sure yet, but I'm thinking of running with a pass-fail mentality on point allocation, mostly because the fractions of points is going to do my head in over time lol

On following challenges, you will get 15 points to allocate as you see fit to your goals.

As for what attributes you apply your challenge points to, again up to you.. you're doing strength based goals mostly, so I would choose to apply them to strength.. study goals? wisdom.. endurance goals? stamina.. diet and nutrinion goals? constitution.. 

here's spezzy's thread that has more info: http://nerdfitnessrebellion.com/index.php?/topic/33334-real-life-role-playing-stat-points-and-levelling-up/

| lvl3 | Amazon Warrior |
|str
6|dex1|sta5|con5|wis8|cha2|

| challenges | two | one | 

| mfp | l4dyh4wk |

Hi out there I'm new here and I'm scared. Also new to forum technology. Hope I'm doing it right. I think I'm a druid but didn't fill it out on the form and I'm starting late, hope that's ok, Gonna start answering the q's on the rules sheet tonight to find out who I am and why I'm here. Any words of wisdom for a scardy cat almost crone?   :nightmare:

Are curse words allowed in the motivational team names?  I wanted to create a Badass Bitches team.

Sure! Just try to stay away from anything too terribly vulgar. 

Ok, I'm a little confused. I signed up for a team, "strength in numbers". But I haven't heard from them, did I miss something? How do I get in contact with them? 

Post in their thread and introduce yourself. 

Hi out there I'm new here and I'm scared. Also new to forum technology. Hope I'm doing it right. I think I'm a druid but didn't fill it out on the form and I'm starting late, hope that's ok, Gonna start answering the q's on the rules sheet tonight to find out who I am and why I'm here. Any words of wisdom for a scardy cat almost crone?   :nightmare:

Don't be scared! We all started at the beginning and the community is very helpful around here.

what is the accountability buddy? how do I get one?

You can meet them on the boards or join an accountabilibuddy group that share similar goals etc. 

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

I have two threads 49-er and 49er-going paleo possibly a 3rd going paleo. I want all the activity to be in one and delete the other two. How do I do this. I'm sorry, I 'm so clumsy with technology. also how do I do the accoutabuddy thing I think I screwed up the spread sheet for whole30 and carebears. I'm so sorry.

Couldn't really find a thread to post this (there didn't seem to be an ailments or what-to-do-when-you-feel-like-crap subforum), but since this affects my challenge, I figured I'd post this question here:

I experienced a mild concussion a few weekends ago (so says my doctor) when I hit my temple on my car's emergency brake while doing some repairs.  The doctor told me that I'm just going to have headaches from this for a while and that I pretty much have to suck it up and deal with it (he said this in nicer terms, of course).

Problem is that these headaches are starting to impair my ability to do work, especially as they show up at the most inopportune times.  Do any of you have any experience on dealing with these sorts of headaches?  Tylenol doesn't seem to be working at all.

Level 1 Adventurer:

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."  -Arthur C. Clarke 

Question: I started the challenge during a very busy week (and wasn't as good as I should have been!) and then on Thursday I got a bad cold, which derailed the exercise and the food. I decided for health reasons that I needed to give myself a pass on that and rest and eat easy canned soup, even if it had small amounts of wheat and dairy in it. I'm about to get started again now that I'm feeling better, and I've learned a few things about how I work and I'm thinking I may need to modify my goals so I can be more successful. Is it ok to change goals mid-challenge and suspend the grading for the week I was sick?

Thanks!

Question: I started the challenge during a very busy week (and wasn't as good as I should have been!) and then on Thursday I got a bad cold, which derailed the exercise and the food. I decided for health reasons that I needed to give myself a pass on that and rest and eat easy canned soup, even if it had small amounts of wheat and dairy in it. I'm about to get started again now that I'm feeling better, and I've learned a few things about how I work and I'm thinking I may need to modify my goals so I can be more successful. Is it ok to change goals mid-challenge and suspend the grading for the week I was sick?

Thanks!

Sure. Life gets in the way sometimes and goals have to change.

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

So. If I want to do a quest, I have to wait a few weeks?

What do you mean by quest? The mini challenges that the guilds offer? Yeah wait a few weeks. 

I am also curious about the ability to jump in mid-challenge.  The Link at the top of the page said 'join at any time" so I did... was that wrong?  Should I not have done that?

Totally okay! Just get goin! 

Couldn't really find a thread to post this (there didn't seem to be an ailments or what-to-do-when-you-feel-like-crap subforum), but since this affects my challenge, I figured I'd post this question here:

I experienced a mild concussion a few weekends ago (so says my doctor) when I hit my temple on my car's emergency brake while doing some repairs.  The doctor told me that I'm just going to have headaches from this for a while and that I pretty much have to suck it up and deal with it (he said this in nicer terms, of course).

Problem is that these headaches are starting to impair my ability to do work, especially as they show up at the most inopportune times.  Do any of you have any experience on dealing with these sorts of headaches?  Tylenol doesn't seem to be working at all.

The only thing  that I can think of suggesting is use something other than Tylenol. I get bad headaches and migraines frequently and Tylenol does nothing, I usually use Advil if I don't have my prescription migraine pills.

But if these headaches are really bad, then maybe you should go back into your doctor and see what he says about it.

Race: Human

Profession: Ranger  Lvl: 2

Progress Pictures - Current Challenge

STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 3 | CON: 2 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 2

Hi All...I am new (and late) to this...

I'm trying Paleo for the first time, and I and eager to start shedding some weight and gaining some muscle! My goal is to pass the Firefighter test before the end of the year...so I'm looking for some big muscles to replace unwanted fat :) any suggestions would be truly appreciated on meals and planning :-)

Thanks!!!!

Ok I made my Goals and missions.  I am curious who I report my first 4 week missions to while I am in the Rebels or are we kinda on our own. I am offically starting in t minus 20 minutes, so was just curious. Or do I just report a weekly thread on my progress?

thanks

-Kuthane the Hobbit-

Ok I made my Goals and missions.  I am curious who I report my first 4 week missions to while I am in the Rebels or are we kinda on our own. I am offically starting in t minus 20 minutes, so was just curious. Or do I just report a weekly thread on my progress?

thanks

-Kuthane the Hobbit-

You can report back in your original goal thread, we'll pick it up there :)

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines