Adventurer's Chat Room (NB: Please follow)

Blaidd

Welcome back fellow Adventurers (welcome to the new Adventurers). We're thrilled to have you on board for another 6WC.

This thread is for you to post questions, general topics of discussions or even if you're just looking for a little feedback or motivation. We will also post any announcements in this thread, so it's pretty important that you follow it.

Good luck this challenge, but most importantly have some fun.

See you on the battlefields :)

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

PS.  Don't forget to follow your own threads :)

"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright

My challenge

hey everyone!

hoping this challenge wont die like the last one -.- and if uni lets off, even better! anybody want to squad up, let me know, i hate not being held accountable, hahha!

challenge is in the sig :P

"If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment"

- Marcus Aurelius

Well folks, looks like i need to make a Whole30 AB Squad - so here you go!  it's done.

My challenge

Im not whole30, but a simplified diet is a thing for me. i dont want to eat anything i havnt made, and if i do buy food it has to have clearly visable ingredients, or 3 at most eg salad, fruit, sandwich.

no hidden nutritional nasties :P

"If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment"

- Marcus Aurelius

I'd have to look more into Whole30 but it's reasonable that I could already be doing it and not know it. Unless you can't drink alcohol on it...

Level 5 Viking Berserker

Str: 10 | Dex: 10 | Stam: 8 | Con: 15 | Wis: 18 | Cha: 12

Battle Log || Current Challenge Log

Fitocracy | My Fitness Pal | Runkeeper

Twitter | Xbox Live: ravnos13 | PSN: CrawlingChaos13

Nintendo ID | Steam ID | Battle.net: ravnos#1547

There's literally 30 different types of sugar that's in food.  Unless you're eating grass-fed beef and eating sweet potatoes and having NO flavoring agents in anything; you're not going whole 30.  I've found it incredibly difficult.  (There's even sugar in your damn toothpaste)

Yup, having done the whole 30, I can tell you sugar is in everything.  They try to hide it under different names, but it is all still sugar.  Whole 30 is about not eating foods that react with your body in negative ways.  So no Alcohol for sure ;)  I am still trying to eat most meals as close to whole 30 as I can.  Paleo/Primal style is ok for me too since there are a few things I can eat there which you can't have on Whole 30.

Excited to be back for my 3rd challenge.  Can't wait to meet new people, and see others returning :D

Alright, excited to get this challenge underway, hoping to get my butt back into the action after a poor ending last time and worse following week.

Race:Gamorrean | Class: Adventurer10

{STR:27.5||DEX:3||STA:27||CON:52.50||WIS:35.5||CHA:16.5}

Inventory: Belt of Dietary Willpower

Accountibilibuddies:Rogue Squadron

Challenges --> 1-->2-->3-->4-->5-->6-->7--> 8-->9-->Challenge 10(Current)

Logs: | Fitocracy | Measurements | My Fitness Pal

Reach 180 lbs from 225 lbs (currently 225 lbs)

4.44%
4.44%

There's literally 30 different types of sugar that's in food.  Unless you're eating grass-fed beef and eating sweet potatoes and having NO flavoring agents in anything; you're not going whole 30.  I've found it incredibly difficult.  (There's even sugar in your damn toothpaste)

That is actually how I eat... interesting.

Level 5 Viking Berserker

Str: 10 | Dex: 10 | Stam: 8 | Con: 15 | Wis: 18 | Cha: 12

Battle Log || Current Challenge Log

Fitocracy | My Fitness Pal | Runkeeper

Twitter | Xbox Live: ravnos13 | PSN: CrawlingChaos13

Nintendo ID | Steam ID | Battle.net: ravnos#1547

Huzzah!  Here's to another great 6 weeks!

(sugar is evil.  it's in almost everything.)

Dr. Mrs. Kate Murry - Not a Dr. named Kate, nor do I have red hair, but I do have microbiology cred.

Level 3 Manic Pixie Dreamgirl

STR 3/DEX 1/STA 3/CON 3/WIS 3/CHA 2

Current Challege:   no pain =win

Past Challenges: First: 28   Third: 30  :joyous:

Battle Log (Women's NFA) Battle Log

Read the Bible in 2014: 7% finished

"Mercy lives here, at home with the saints and the sinners, mercy lives here" -Derri

I'M FREAKING OUT!!!!!!!

Last night I stayed awake till like 1 am processing the fact I start cleaning up my gut today. So far I am feeling edgy- but if Tateman can rock the whole 30, I have to do the best I can as well. 

Thanks to everyone who has been so bad ass and inspirational. 

I understand how you feel :)  I stayed up till almost 3am getting my workout spreadsheet ready haha. :D

I'M FREAKING OUT!!!!!!!

Last night I stayed awake till like 1 am processing the fact I start cleaning up my gut today. So far I am feeling edgy- but if Tateman can rock the whole 30, I have to do the best I can as well. 

I understand how you feel :)  I stayed up till almost 3am getting my workout spreadsheet ready haha. :D

I understand you too!! :D I roll in my bed think about what I would eat today! And I have a sleep time goal...  :playful:

I'M FREAKING OUT!!!!!!!

wow!  You shouldn't freak out!  I agree it's scary but before you know it, it will be like breathing :)

If you're worried about Whole30, join our AB squad - Holding Whole30.  We'd gladly have you :)

My challenge

I'M FREAKING OUT!!!!!!!

I wish I could remember the link to this blog post I'm thinking about... One detail I remember is that this woman was sitting alone in her hotel room waiting for her digestion adjustment procedure and consuming pizza two minutes before her fasting cutoff.

I really wish I could remember the link because although her story is beautiful in its extremity, it also grants perspective in "could be worse."

I have conditions that affect my social awareness.  If I am rude, tell me what I could do better.

5'8" & 220 260 pounds | Miles Walked: X

2019: | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Pre 2017: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | * | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |

I'm back after a few-month hiatus for my second challenge!  I'm focusing on weight loss this 6wc: taking responsibility for what I eat, eating real food instead of junk, and becoming more active.  I don't have any badass fitness goals (maybe next time?) but I'm trying to move more and make exercise part of my (currently sedentary) lifestyle.

Anyway, I'm terrible at making friends on NF, so I'd love if anyone stopped by and said 'hi'!  I will be like that puppy who follows you back to your own thread and then never leaves.  And everyone wants a puppy like that... right?

Im not whole30, but a simplified diet is a thing for me. i dont want to eat anything i havnt made, and if i do buy food it has to have clearly visable ingredients, or 3 at most eg salad, fruit, sandwich.

no hidden nutritional nasties :tongue:

I hear ya!  I'm not whole30 either, and my Life Goal is very similar to yours - real food, no artificial flavorings or sugars, etc.

Level 9 Ravenclaw Adventurer

STR 16.25 | DEX 12 | STA 18.75 | CON 31.25 | WIS 20.5 | CHA 14.75
"Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." --Michael Pollan
PREVIOUS CHALLENGES: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 CURRENT: Project Phoenix

my problem is, i eat real food. i eat a balanced diet - slighty carb heavy, sure - but balanced. but i feel that when i exercise i need a way of really controlling it, changing it - so extra protein on workout days, on easier days some good fats and fruit.

Also, price. I am a student, in the financial sense, my bank account went from $3000 to $80 in 4 minutes due to semester fees, so im broke. i cant afford to buy grass-fed this and fresh that. So' i have to be as healthy as possible with what i have/can scavenge from home. makes it tricky -.-

- Marcus Aurelius

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines