klaymates: Rebel Tribute Challenge!! (zombies pt 2) aka Kari's lolblog

klaybae

Chapter Two: A Tribute to Survival!

They say I am just a few weeks away from taking on full-time Runner duties, but I feel like I still have so far to go.  Finish this D:

It's never finishing is it???

Challenge Theme Song:

Movitvation:

1185017_3333605036913_1510983764_n_zpsc6

20130805_090302_zps22b36fe0.jpg

Mission Goal #1: Zombie Preparedness Training (+ 5 STA)

Tribute: Grizzy, Runner5, Scurry, and all the other Rebel Runner 5’s I met last challenge out to save Abel Township

I'm not quite able to run a full supply mission on my own yet, so I must continue my endurance training with Sam and the doctor.

• Complete week eight of Zombies, Run! 5k training app

• Continue with 3 runs/week for remainder of challenge

• Bonus Quest! 100 badass points: Run the “exercise trail†in Orphund and try each station.  Completed!  100 badass points awarded

Mission Goal #2: Bodyweight conditioning for better evasive maneuvers (+ 3 STR + 2 DEX)

Tribute: Syren, bgvanbur, BarefoodDawsy, and all other Scouts who made a point to add strength training during the last challenge to improve their focus

My running has improved, but running alone isn't enough to secure survival against a zom.  Full body conditioning will assist me in headkicks, fence jumping, or pulling myself into a tree.  

• Begin Convict Conditioning, 2 x 3 exercises a week

• Day 1--Pullup, bridge, handstand

• Day 2--Squat, leg raise, push up

• Bonus Quest! 100 badass points: Perform a freestanding head- or handstand by end of challenge.  Completed!  100 badass points awarded

Mission Goal #3: Reconnect with things that remind me I’m human, not zom! (+ 1 CON + 2 WIS)

Tribute: MissMormie, Quentin, MirGSS, and all other Rebels who improved a fun skill, found something good, or did something fun last challenge

Going out with Runner 4 reminded me that it's important to keep ahold of my humanity.  Many of the other survivors at the base rekindled an interest or found time to be grateful in the past several weeks, and I should aim to do the same.

Diet Side Quest: Slay the chocolate dragon!  Max of one chocolate bar (or ice cream lollie) a week).

Life Quest: Champion a cause for the survivors of Abel

Tribute: Hammlin, 18ck, LorenWade, and all other rebels who make charity work an important part of Self

Even with the runners going on daily missions, there is a lot to be wanted at the base.  I will find a way to raise awareness and bring in more supplies for an important cause.

• (+ 2 CHA) Organize a donation drive for a charity meaningful to me.

• Bonus Quest! 250 badass points:  Raise $500 USD for my cause

Metrics and Pics!

I'm still tracking my body changes on this spreadsheet.  The link should take you to the Google doc.  

I'll try to take better quality pics this time around!  Will have them up in the next day or so.

Front...

front2_zps960d6026.jpg

Back...

back2_zps9e65444d.jpg

Left Side...

left2_zpsa6d3a248.jpg

Right Side...

right2_zps1bc69b1f.jpg

Crystal Gem Druid || Stat-free Level-free Goodness

"I won't run away anymore... I won't go back on my word... that is my ninja way!" Uzumaki Naruto

"You're pro or you're a noob. It's so easy, that's life."  Athene, Best Paladin in the World

"Do what the fuck you want to." Panic Station, Muse

Yay Abel runners! I'm taking a little break from 5k running to do some sprints, so I don't know if I can make running for abel work with that, but we'll see.

Your challenge looks like it'll be a good one! So excited!!! :D

Thanks!  I am excited too.  And trying not to add on a bunch of unlisted challenges for myself.  Waaaah.

"I won't run away anymore... I won't go back on my word... that is my ninja way!" Uzumaki Naruto

"You're pro or you're a noob. It's so easy, that's life."  Athene, Best Paladin in the World

The tribute aspect of the challenge is pretty cool.  So excited to see you rock this challenge!

Do you have any ideas on what book you are going to read?

Does that exercise trail have the exercise stations?  I have two fit trails near me that have the overhead ladder that I love (different from monkey bars since just two parallel bars).  I think part of why I love it is that 2 years ago I couldn't traverse it at all and now I do multiple sets across at a time now.

station16lg.jpg

Level 26, Primal Ultra Trail Scout, Non-Binary Robot

The tribute aspect of the challenge is pretty cool.  So excited to see you rock this challenge!

Do you have any ideas on what book you are going to read?

Does that exercise trail have the exercise stations?  I have two fit trails near me that have the overhead ladder that I love (different from monkey bars since just two parallel bars).  I think part of why I love it is that 2 years ago I couldn't traverse it at all and now I do multiple sets across at a time now.

I haven't been there yet!  I am excited to see what it has, though.  I am planning to go and walk it in the next week or so and check out what different stations there are.  I will probably try to actually run toward the end of the challenge.  

I'm not totally sure what book I'm going to read yet, but I might check out the book 18ck linked to me in his challenge thread--On Looking: About Everything There Is to See.

Thanks for your comments on the tribute aspect of my challenge.  A lot of rebels inspired me in the last six weeks!  You are all great role models and teachers!

Today is going really well, despite things that got me a little down.  I don't think I'll be able to continue breastfeeding my three month old, and I cried a little.  I love our special time together.  But on to other stuff...

I got my disc priest to 60 last night.  One of the things that sucks about moving continents: starting a whole new WoW account.  Oh well.  I'm loving my disc priest, and there are a lot of changes to the game since I last played three years ago.  I've also started playing FFXIV in the last week.  If anyone wants to friend me on bnet or final fantasy, just send me a pm and I'll give you my info.

Started Seroquel XR yesterday, along with the normal fast-acting version I've been taking for the past several weeks.  The normal version is taken at night before bed, but doesn't really carry over to the next afternoon.  So, slow-release around noon and fast-acting before bed.  I expect my doses will go up as I continue to see my psychiatrist over the next few months.  He still has me on biweekly visits, but at least it's not every week anymore.

Went out and reran the Intro Mission on the ZR 5k trainer today, as a bit of a "let's compare" experiment.  Seven weeks ago, it took me over 36 minutes to go just over 2.75 km.  I walked a ton, and couldn't run longer than 30 seconds after my initial 2-3 minute jog.  Today, I did 4 km in less than 30 minutes.  I ran nearly all of it.  I felt good.  I swallowed bugs.  Progress!!

Today's Foodings:

Brekkie: Leftover jook topped with fish sauce and sesame oil

Lunchie: Gruyere polenta topped with mackeral puttanesca, banana, peanut & choco bar

Dinner: Curry chicken salad over lettuce with cucumber/bell peppers/carrots 

Other: Too much red wine, some potato chips, "pizza" egg muffins (this is what staying up late to play WoW does to me, but I love bgs too much D:)

Klaymates, you are going to absolutely smash this challenge!

I've searched you out on Zombielink so am excited to see you hit week eight and beyond. When you have finished the ZR 5K, are you going to download the normal Zombies, Run app and run those missions? That's my plan... though still a few weeks away from reality for me.

I also love the tribute aspect of your challenge. An awesome idea to acknowledge the fantastic support others in the community offer.

Excited to hear how your visit to the exercise trail goes. I'm been searching for something like that near me, but no luck.

Consider yourself sub'd!

SkullHands - Level 0 Shape-Shifter

[sTR 0] [DEX 0] [sTA 0] [CON 0] [WIS 0] [CHA 0]

FitBit Profile | Zombies, Run! | Epic Quest: TBC

First Challenge: Shape-shifting 101

Accountibilibuddies: The First Timers

Klaymates, you are going to absolutely smash this challenge!

I've searched you out on Zombielink so am excited to see you hit week eight and beyond. When you have finished the ZR 5K, are you going to download the normal Zombies, Run app and run those missions? That's my plan... though still a few weeks away from reality for me.

I also love the tribute aspect of your challenge. An awesome idea to acknowledge the fantastic support others in the community offer.

Excited to hear how your visit to the exercise trail goes. I'm been searching for something like that near me, but no luck.

Consider yourself sub'd!

Thanks!!  I purchased the full Zombies, Run! app seasons one and two when I got the trainer, and downloaded the new supply run missions the other day.  It was so nice to compare my first intro run seven weeks ago to my run yesterday!  I honestly didn't think I would progress the way I have, but it's a really great program for me.  It helps that I am out running around Switzerland and learning the nearby towns on foot!  Yesterday, I actually said "Oh god!" after someone came in on my headset and told me not to turn around because zombie Runner 5 was right behind me!  :P 

I can't wait for evasive zombie chases and supplies in the regular version!

Thanks!!  I purchased the full Zombies, Run! app seasons one and two when I got the trainer, and downloaded the new supply run missions the other day.  It was so nice to compare my first intro run seven weeks ago to my run yesterday!  I honestly didn't think I would progress the way I have, but it's a really great program for me.  It helps that I am out running around Switzerland and learning the nearby towns on foot!  Yesterday, I actually said "Oh god!" after someone came in on my headset and told me not to turn around because zombie Runner 5 was right behind me!   :tongue:

I can't wait for evasive zombie chases and supplies in the regular version!

Haha awesome! I can't wait to get into the main missions and try the Zombie chases!

SkullHands - Level 0 Shape-Shifter

[sTR 0] [DEX 0] [sTA 0] [CON 0] [WIS 0] [CHA 0]

FitBit Profile | Zombies, Run! | Epic Quest: TBC

First Challenge: Shape-shifting 101

Accountibilibuddies: The First Timers

I'm now following you on zombies run site (SonjaD), because you can never have too many stalkers ;)

Started Seroquel XR yesterday, along with the normal fast-acting version I've been taking for the past several weeks.  The normal version is taken at night before bed, but doesn't really carry over to the next afternoon.  So, slow-release around noon and fast-acting before bed.  I expect my doses will go up as I continue to see my psychiatrist over the next few months.  He still has me on biweekly visits, but at least it's not every week anymore.

I've been on Seroquel XR for about a year now and for me it works wonders. It's so quiet in my head, at least 80% of the negatives thoughts are gone. Only scary thing is what will happen when I get of the stuff.. Crossing my fingers it'll work just as well for you!

LEVEL 3 Human Scout - obsessive smiley user 

"That's the best part, the outside is new, but now it reflects what's already in you" - Legally blonde the musical

Challenge Eve Notes:

Today I am sore.  I haven't had this kind of soreness once since I started running last challenge!  I didn't roll or stretch after my run yesterday, and I am pretty sure that is why I'm feelin' the pain and stiffness today.  It's good though--I'm not hobbling around, and I love being reminded my awesomeness on the trails yesterday is why I feel it today.  

I've been going crazy on the wine (well not really) and food (yes really) the past week.  I swear it's because my brain doesn't want me to be healthy.  "Oh my god Kari!  We are back to our high school weight!  Soon we will be back to our college weight!  LET'S EAT ALL THE SHIT RIGHT NOOOOOW!!!"  

Anyone else have that?  No?  Yes?  Maybe......???

My psych told me the slow release version of my meds wouldn't make me sleepy, but I have been pretty well knocked on my butt the past three days.  Today I'm also having pretty yucky stomach pains.  I keep telling myself these things are better than the alternatives.  I know this medication is working better than anything else I've taken, and in a few more weeks or months I'll be past the adding of meds and increasing of doses.  Also, it felt really good to have my doctor tell me I am doing a great job pursuing fitness and healthy eating, and that these habits I'm developing will help me better manage my condition.  

I kind of suck at journal-ing, so if you see some of these randomly long posts throughout my challenge, it's because I am trying to write things down more often.  This place feels safest to me for anything I would share, and I am happy to have support and understanding from people fighting the same battles.  Thanks to everyone for being so great with me.  

Blugh.  I really am feeling quite unwell and tired.  I am going to relax before the Gup awakens.  I had a really busy morning, so I consider any nap I take/need today well deserved.  I did some yard work, folded laundry, and swept and mopped the floors.  I also sent an email to an acquaintance to set up my donation drive.  More details to come on that soon!

Today's Foodins:

Brekkie: 2 pizza egg muffins, a small bowl leftover jook, and choco rice cereal 

Lunchie: tuna and egg salad on garden salad w/ olives and homemade dilly ranch, some potato chips, a glass of rivella

Dinner: 2 eggs scrambled w/ a sliced up steak and some peas, hot ketchup, 2 roesti medallions, rivella blau

Other: chocolate ice cream lollie, energy drinks, coffee

Oh the dreaded chocolate dragon. Sigh. My long time nemesis.

Great challenge my sweet friend. Xoxo

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

Glad to see things are progressing in a way you like. I hear you on the "eat all the things" issues, the brain is a harsh mistress sometimes. Stay strong!

Scout 30/Ranger 1 (3 skipped)

Spoiler

"I must not fear. / Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain."
-Litany Against Fear

Facebook | Twitter | Runkeeper | Strava
Shukar Still Isn't Lion

Oh my god. Amazing. I love that you've got a challenge theme tune.

And I love your complete tie in to Zombies, Run! I 'quit' the app a little while ago in trade for c25k by Active, but man... just reading this has got me pumped and inspired to get back into it! Great work! Will be following with interest!

Level 6 Pirate-Ninja Ranger

“If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude. Don’t complain.†~Maya Angelou

(STR - 12) (DEX - 8) (STA - 12) (CON - 14) (WIS - 12) (CHA - 8)

CHALLENGE 6: Neph Arrives fashionably late.

Abel's in good hands with you on its runner role.

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

BTW

(a) Bryson FTW!

(B) Thanks for the mench. I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

Hey guys, please stop by and give Mr. Klay some hugs and lovins and supportins.  Bonus: It's his birthday!!  AND his first challenge out of the level 1 guild, AND HE'S A SCOUT!!

Today's vittles...

Brekkie: sugar free special drink

Lunch: 2 boiled eggs, handful ancholives, banana, black coffee, 1/2 avocado

Dinner: my version of this chicken (our favorite!  Erik requested for his bday dinner), some crazy stuffed zucchini boats (stuffed with chopped onion, zucchini flesh, hazelnut meal, goat's milk cheese, bacon, and spicy mustard all whizzed together), a glass of rivella, black coffee, 2/8 squares dark chocolate

Other: small handful cashews, few bites leftover curry chicken salad, raspberry passionfruit yogurt

Feels stuff...

Rough day.  Rough because I slept until 10:30 and then it still took another half hour to force myself out of bed.  Rough because I let people get me so angry, and forgot what other people think of me is none of my business.  Rough because my back is so sore from the piddly bit of shoveling and raking I did in the garden yesterday.  Rough because I am feeling really discouraged, guilty, and lame because I need so much sleep again with the new medication adjustments.  I feel like I'm letting my family down, or like I'm not there when they need me.  Or like I'm not doing enough to pull my weight (what the hell does that even mean anyway?  we are family...we all share the burdens together right?  who carries how much should be irrelevant...tell my brain that).

Great day.  Great because I have the funniest, most loving little girl.  Great because I have a wonderful and patient husband.  Great because retail therapy was involved (new jammies, new shoes, new undies, and those little foot slips to wear with ballet flats that keep you footies fresh).  Great because I still overcame and kept pushing forward, even when I was so blindingly angry and depressed that I thought about throwing myself out of the moving car and into oncoming traffic.  But I didn't!  (Obv, yeah?).  Great because even though Bohbah is moving onto formula, he loves his new bottles and I can still feed him.  We can still have our special time, without him screaming and clawing at me because he's so hungry but pissed because all his work is rewardless.

It's hard telling myself I'm not a failure.  Even if I never breastfeed at all, it doesn't mean I'm a failure.  I did as much as I could.  But it hurts to lose this again.  My milk supply randomly dropped and disappeared around the same time postpartum with Gupperton.  I don't know if it's the Mirena or just my body being my body.  

Challenge stuff...(finally!)

Today I completed w6d1 of the ZR 5k trainer.  I really enjoyed the run a lot, and was both sad and humored that Rajit is a paranoid schizophrenic.  I know your feels bro, I know your feels..

The run was good though!  I fully ran (I use that term lightly...more like granny jogging) all of the free-form bits, which means my workout included 31 minutes of running.  And squats.  And walkings.  

Tomorrow is my first day of CC.  I am doing the Step 1's for handstand pushups, pullups, and bridge moves.  

Bought myself six bars of chocolate for this challenge.  I can have a bit each day, and stay within my side quest goal of no more than one bar a week.

Still haven't decided what book I'll be reading, or what knitting project I want to take on.  Still haven't heard back from the friend I emailed yesterday about the donation drive, either.  Maybe it was too weird to email someone and say, "Hey, I want to raise money for you.  Can you let me know what organizations you work with in your area that have helped your child or other children affected by cerebral palsy?  Can I donate to your kids school?  Where would you like this to go?"  Not in those words though.  Still, too weird??

I'm now following you on zombies run site (SonjaD), because you can never have too many stalkers ;)

I've been on Seroquel XR for about a year now and for me it works wonders. It's so quiet in my head, at least 80% of the negatives thoughts are gone. Only scary thing is what will happen when I get of the stuff.. Crossing my fingers it'll work just as well for you!

I'm following you too!  I don't know how much you do zombie runs, but if you do I will know about it :tongue:  I am really glad to know that the XR has helped you.  I'm very hopeful.

Oh the dreaded chocolate dragon. Sigh. My long time nemesis.

Great challenge my sweet friend. Xoxo

I have a plan.  Now to stick with it!

<3 I have a really hard time keeping up with your threads, but you always manage to inspire me. I'm working on handstands too this time. <3

Did I tell you yet that I love you? Or that I love that you included Eric in your Zomrun-log?

Meds make you like.

Flailing-Puppy.gif

But only at first.

I lub you soooooo.  I don't care if you keep up or not, just know I am stalking you here and on fb :tongue:  With big sloppy kisses and boobie squishes!

Glad to see things are progressing in a way you like. I hear you on the "eat all the things" issues, the brain is a harsh mistress sometimes. Stay strong!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who deals with this!  Have a few plans in action to help check this before it gets out of control, but didn't add them to my challenge to avoid extra food stress.  For example, continuing to log my food a la you here on NF, and some other stuff.

Good luck this challenge, I like your Run, Zombie! Thread challenge

Thanks!  I like your Lolita challenge!

I Luh you!  That is all.  Kisses!

I totes love you too, duh.  Let's shake our booties at each other and make seductive eyebrow dances.

Oh my god. Amazing. I love that you've got a challenge theme tune.

And I love your complete tie in to Zombies, Run! I 'quit' the app a little while ago in trade for c25k by Active, but man... just reading this has got me pumped and inspired to get back into it! Great work! Will be following with interest!

Thanks!  Panic Station is my jams right now, not just because it's got the funk, but because the lyrics kick zee asses.  I have successfully done the c25k program in the past, and the zr trainer is so different I was worried I wouldn't be successful with it.  Things are going really greatly so far, though!

Abel's in good hands with you on its runner role.

Dawww shucks!

BTW

(a) Bryson FTW!

( B) Thanks for the mench. I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Thanks for inspiring me, duh!

First off, send Eric my undying love and happy birthday. ;)

Secondly, I love your attitude. Today is a great day!!!

I am so happy for you.

Weee fanks Lobro.  I so luh yew!

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines