Eirlys - Getting On Top Of My Game

Eirlys

Learning success is addictive.  Fortunately, it is the right type of addictive.  Good to see you catch fire!  Don't sweat the eating for one week. Dumping all else to succeed in something is an act we should all do once in a while.  It is not sustainable, but it is fun.  My wife refers to me being in "DO mode" when I get in that zone and has learned not to get in my way, since good things will happen, even if the house does not get cleaned that week. Have fun!

Level 8 Human Druid

STR 10 DEX 8.5 STA 11 CON 11 WIS 11 CHA 12

"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not Eureka! (I found it!) but rather, 'hmm... that's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov

nice going on that studying!!  You're a lot better than you give yourself credit for in all fields, not just maths ;)

Thanks Blaidd! :)  Fortunately, I don't have to think too much maths in my daily life :)

Feeling your pain re disastrous food (Mrs 18ck is having another baking day) but I'm glad to hear the course is giving you brain-cuddles. Long may that continue!

BAKE-OFF FINAL TONIGHT!!  the world (well, lounges across the UK) is not safe.  I am watching the build-up programme now!  :D

Your brain food is making my brain hungry and jealous.  Keep up the great work!!

Lol!  Feed the brainz!!  Revenge against zombies everywhere!!

Encouragement & a smile:

Thank you Peggy!!  *does an elegant virtual swim, unlike real life*

Learning success is addictive.  Fortunately, it is the right type of addictive.  Good to see you catch fire!  Don't sweat the eating for one week. Dumping all else to succeed in something is an act we should all do once in a while.  It is not sustainable, but it is fun.  My wife refers to me being in "DO mode" when I get in that zone and has learned not to get in my way, since good things will happen, even if the house does not get cleaned that week. Have fun!

Thanks M. Scientist!  It feels good to exercise/challenge the brain, although it was fairly adamant it didn't want to go near maths problems, so I decided to just 'accept' the proofs I was reading rather than work them out from first principles!!

Definitely getting the flow zone rocks! :)  And I have been trying to avoid house cleaning too ... :D

Well, the Druids is totally quiet these last few days!!  Hopefully that's due to extensive yoga in the middle of a peaceful forest somewhere...

Work went crazy last week giving me no time to study, but I managed to get in some on Sunday (too knackered on Saturday!)

Today I had an interview.  Don't want to jinx things, but I was reasonably happy with it (in fact the questions were easier than I had been anticipating... but it is just first proper round) and the interviewer said three times at the end it had been a pleasure speaking to me, so either he's super-polite or he thought what I had to say was okay!

Eirlys - Long Time Wood Fairy Druid

Current Challenge: S4 (Sleep, Sugar, Spending, Son)

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

-- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Done is better than perfect

-- Facebook

I hope the interview bears fruit. Is it a different job at the same place or are you moving on again?

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

Sounds like you are doing well. I like that you are exercising your brain as well. Isn't it fun?

level 10 Half Ogre Ranger

Healers Brigade

1st  | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | 5th | 6th | 7th | 8th | 9th | 10th | 11th | 12th | 13th | 14th | 15th | 16th | 17th | 18th | 19th | 20th | 21st | 22nd | 23rd | 24th | 25th | 26th | 27th

Current

Hey there Kevrlys,

How did the last week go? Not that it matters, for by morning we will all have been washed into the sea.

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

I hope the interview bears fruit. Is it a different job at the same place or are you moving on again?

It's elsewhere... just (literally!) had feedback & they want another interview.  

Sounds like you are doing well. I like that you are exercising your brain as well. Isn't it fun?

Thanks GD!  The brain certainly appreciates it, although the body is not amused that the brain's exercise has been at its expense! :)

Hey there Kevrlys,

How did the last week go? Not that it matters, for by morning we will all have been washed into the sea.

Lol, I read this in the middle of the night and thought 'ooh let's see what the weather is like outside' - went into the lounge and stepped into a big wet puddle!  Not that I ever heard/saw this ferocious storm, must have been bad somewhere else...

Last week has been so so busy, but now I am off work and tomorrow I go on holiday to... near Stoke.  (Not the most glamorous of destinations but hey!)  However, I will be smiting the undead forces for several days so it should be fun :)

Touching base and looking forward to your wrap up for this challenge.

Hi Peggy, good to hear from you!  Wrap up soon to come :)

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

-- Facebook

You didn't hear it? It was pretty strong - 2 trees down between my house and Kew Gardens Tube Station. Half of London was late for work because they were snapping scenes of minor disruption on their phones.

You didn't hear it? It was pretty strong - 2 trees down between my house and Kew Gardens Tube Station. Half of London was late for work because they were snapping scenes of minor disruption on their phones.

I must have slept soundly then!  And I had Monday off work, so missed out on an excuse to be late :)

-- Facebook

Quick final check-in squeezed in between packing for holiday and leaving for holiday (early tomorrow morning!!)

1. Learning - Grade A - went way above & beyond what I had set myself

2. Stand Up Straight - Grade A - have maintained constant checking of posture but it's still not natural.  I'll be continuing with this into the next challenge...

3. Efficiency - I abandoned most routine I had set up due to meeting work deadlines and throwing everything into studying

Home - Grade C

Work - Grade B

4. Purify - Grade C by the measures I set at the start of this challenge

I have however made good progress on the purifying the mind front.

5. Fitness/healthy - Grade F

First day of the challenge I weighed 58.3 kg.  First day off the challenge I weighed 58.9 kg.

I've barely been to the gym during the challenge (due to work/study) although I did manage to pick up on floor exercises in the last week and start to incorporate more stair walking into my routine.

Overall: Grade C

Enough to level up with!

Looking forward to a break.... this is my first holiday since New Year, it's been a stressful 10 months or so and I really need to get away!!

-- Facebook

I must have slept soundly then! And I had Monday off work, so missed out on an excuse to be late :)

So is today the first say you've left the house since?

If you notice everything's in colour, the road to work is yellow and everyone you meet is 3 feet tall and claims to represent the lollipop club, you'll know the wind was stronger even than the BBC predicted.

*reads next post*

Oh, right! Well enjoy your holiday then!

Ah the joys of living in leafy West London! ;)

Today I found that despite a very crowded tube, barging on using a shield is surprisingly effective!

Am about to go incommunicado for a week - apols to all those peoples whose threads I didn't manage to catch up on before I left - hope you all have a great week & see you next challenge!

-- Facebook

Good job Eirlys, I know this was a  difficult time for you. And it sounds like you had success on the druid front in particular, so hooray for that.

level 10 Half Ogre Ranger

Healers Brigade

1st  | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | 5th | 6th | 7th | 8th | 9th | 10th | 11th | 12th | 13th | 14th | 15th | 16th | 17th | 18th | 19th | 20th | 21st | 22nd | 23rd | 24th | 25th | 26th | 27th

Current

lollipop club

Tch! The Lollipop Guild! Come on, 18ck, get it right!

I know you won't see this till your back from vacation, but you're a hero for finishing the challenge!  I'll look for you during the next one.

Level 4 Lycan Adventurer

STR:  11.5 | DEX: 6.5 | STA: 12.75 | CON: 7.0 | WIS: 9.5 | CHA: 5

Intro & Challenge Summary

Challenges:   1  2  3  4  5  6 7

Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands - and then eat just one of the pieces.

Judith Viorst

Good job Eirlys, I know this was a  difficult time for you. And it sounds like you had success on the druid front in particular, so hooray for that.

Thanks Doug!  I was so relieved when the 6 weeks were over.  And we killed the all-powerful necromancer on my holiday :)

Tch! The Lollipop Guild! Come on, 18ck, get it right!

Hmm, now that *is* scary!

I know you won't see this till your back from vacation, but you're a hero for finishing the challenge!  I'll look for you during the next one.

Thank you Peggy!  And thanks for your support over the challenge :)

-- Facebook

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines