Druid Lodge!

Sunmage

In a bit late, but back for another six week challenge.  The school year has started and things have settled to a dull roar, so I hope to participate in the side challenges this round, as well.  I am considering posting a daily reflection on my walks in the woods around my office.  Time permitting... :peaceful: .

Welcome back! Time permitting is always an issue... as long as you get the walks in thats the main thing! :)

Back for my second challenge as a Druid, and glad to see all the new druids.

Welcome back! Always glad to see returning faces. :)

Hi all - I'm another Adventurer just visiting your guild.  I'm hoping to join your ranks in a challenge or two, once I've gotten some more of the basics under my belt.  Hope you don't mind if I peek in on you all from time to time!

Feel free to peek in... and dont feel you need to get the basics under your belt before joining the guild you aspire too! We are all in one form or another working on the basics. :)

You're welcome to peek in any time!  We don't publish the secret initiate handshake on the boards any way.  (Just kidding.)

How many times do we have to tell you we don't discuss the secret initiate handshake in public. ;)

Lusitanian Druid, Level 9
STR: 13 | DEX: 15 | STA: 17 | CON: 22 | WIS: 25 | CHA: 25

“We are what we repeatedly do; excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.†- Aristotle

Current Challenge: Living the Good Life II Past: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th,  8th9th, 10th11th, 12th

Goal: 1001 Steps on the Road to a Home -> 18/348 in 2015 

5.27%
5.27%

Goal: loose 9KG in 2015 -> 1.5KG lost 

16.67%
16.67%

How many times do we have to tell you we don't discuss the secret initiate handshake in public. ;)

LOL!

Level 4 Lycan Adventurer

STR:  11.5 | DEX: 6.5 | STA: 12.75 | CON: 7.0 | WIS: 9.5 | CHA: 5

Intro & Challenge Summary

Challenges:   1  2  3  4  5  6 7

Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands - and then eat just one of the pieces.

Judith Viorst

Hi I'm new. I'm not really good at this technology stuff. I'm very druidy. Haven't gamed since college in the 80's back then it was Dungeons and Dragons in the flesh no computer stuff. But I loved it. Now I'm older, heavier, sicker(fibromyalgia, GERD) a mom and a wife. It's time to nurture my inner druid child and start dancing in the woods again. I'm starting by going Paleo in a non paleo house and saying "yes" everytime my hubby asks if I want to go with him on his exercise walk. I also have a gym membership and a workout plan but I'm staying away until I meet my Paleo challenge, this transition is all consuming. I did steves playground beginner workout yesterday while playing croquet with my son and hubby. I only did one cycle and I was ACHING! I would love support and the accountability thing, I think I screwed up the sign up for that. Spread sheets scare me!

Hi I'm new. I'm not really good at this technology stuff. I'm very druidy. Haven't gamed since college in the 80's back then it was Dungeons and Dragons in the flesh no computer stuff. But I loved it. Now I'm older, heavier, sicker(fibromyalgia, GERD) a mom and a wife. It's time to nurture my inner druid child and start dancing in the woods again. I'm starting by going Paleo in a non paleo house and saying "yes" everytime my hubby asks if I want to go with him on his exercise walk. I also have a gym membership and a workout plan but I'm staying away until I meet my Paleo challenge, this transition is all consuming. I did steves playground beginner workout yesterday while playing croquet with my son and hubby. I only did one cycle and I was ACHING! I would love support and the accountability thing, I think I screwed up the sign up for that. Spread sheets scare me!

Well, looks like you just jumped right in!  Welcome to the Rebellion!

I'm not a Druid yet, but I've got my eyes on their feed because I'm probably switching over for my next challenge.  :)

I think the most important sign-up step for the six week challenge isn't using the spreadsheet - you should create a thread where you post your goals and where people can come to find you.  I would suggest posting in this section:  http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/forum/299-level-1-rebels-first-time-challengers/

Just click "Start New Topic" and make sure you put your name (49er, not your real name) in the topic heading.

Some resources you might want to look over:

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/33328-challenge-instructions/

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/33335-challenge-faq/

And the general questions thread for the first timers: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/36622-general-questions-thread/

The six-week-challenge signup is at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dHBINmhiRlpvdE12d1E4ci1rdG5HRnc6MA#gid=0 but I'm sure if you send a message to spezzy http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/user/335-spezzy/ with your information and telling her you think you goofed the signup - she always seems happy to help wayward noobies find their way back.  :)

If you meant the accountabilibuddies spreadsheet, take one step at a time!  Get your challenge thread set up and I'll follow you over there so you have some accountability.  Nice to meet you!

Current challenge: Draco Used to Be an Adventurer Like You....

Previous challenge: Draco Returns for a New Adventure

Level 3 Half-Elf Adventurer

6.25 STR | 4 DEX | 6 STA | 4.5 CON | 5.5 WIS | 4.5 CHA

“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.â€

― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

49er, you can learn technology as you go!  Draco gave you a great list of stuff to read, and I'll be following your thread, cheering you on too!

Level 4 Lycan Adventurer

STR:  11.5 | DEX: 6.5 | STA: 12.75 | CON: 7.0 | WIS: 9.5 | CHA: 5

Intro & Challenge Summary

Challenges:   1  2  3  4  5  6 7

Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands - and then eat just one of the pieces.

Judith Viorst

Am I missing the weekly challenge thread for the druids or am I blind I can't seem to find it.

You're not blind. I only just posted it now... :)

“We are what we repeatedly do; excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.†- Aristotle

Current Challenge: Living the Good Life II Past: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th,  8th9th, 10th11th, 12th

5.27%
5.27%

16.67%
16.67%

Hooray, I'm back! I started my second challenge on time, but I wasn't sure if I was going to be a druid or an adventurer, so I held off on posting my own thread. But I decided to stay with the BEST guild, because I am pretty sure my goal is as much mental as physical, and because it involves meditation. So I just posted my sign up thread, and I'm eager to get back into posting here.

I'm doing some new things for this challenge, so we'll see if I can succeed at my new, harder goals!

Level 3 Human Druid

[sTR: 3] [DEX:8] [sTA:5] [CON:9] [WIS:8] [CHA:2]

Previous Challenge Thread: A Wild Anna Appears

Current Challenge Thread: Just one Anna, Just TWO challenges!

Walking to Lothlorien: On the road south of Rivendell

Twitter: @justanna

Thanks for posting the challenge, Chanda!  I missed having these when I was in the Rangers over the last couple of challenges.

Eirlys - Long Time Wood Fairy Druid

Current Challenge: S4 (Sleep, Sugar, Spending, Son)

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

-- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Done is better than perfect

-- Facebook

Druids, y'all are doing awesome so far this challenge! I miss you all!! Can't wait to see you all rock it out :)

Race: Gallifreyan

Profession: Druid

Level: 6

Current Challenge:Livingroovy Comes Home

[sTR] - 16.8 // [DEX] - 12.25 // [sTA] - 16 // [CON] - 17.3 // [WIS] - 16.55 // [CHA] - 14.6

Find me on the internets: Facebook // Twitter // Kate Marolt | Play Warrior & Excitement Engineer!

oops, I seem to have broken the 'playlist' thread with some dodgy iframe code while trying to embed videos - sorry!

I don't seem to be able to edit or do anything to the post :(

Eirlys - Long Time Wood Fairy Druid

Current Challenge: S4 (Sleep, Sugar, Spending, Son)

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

-- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Done is better than perfect

-- Facebook

oops, I seem to have broken the 'playlist' thread with some dodgy iframe code while trying to embed videos - sorry!

I don't seem to be able to edit or do anything to the post :(

That was a weird one... Since so far there was only the original mini-quest post and my reply, I've deleted the whole thing and replaced it with a new one. :) 

5.27%
5.27%

16.67%
16.67%

I miss the Druids. :(

Spoiler

PREVIOUS CHALLENGES

2013: 6/1/13 - 7/24/13 - 9/15/13 - 11/6/13   2014: 1/5/142/19/14 - 4/9/14 - 6/6/14 - 7/24/14 - 9/11/14 - 11/5/14 

2015: 1/2/15 - 2/20/15 - 4/9/15 - 6/2/15 - 9/10/15 - 10/26/15   2016: 1/1/16 - 2/28/16 - 3/28/16 - 6/6/16 - 9/19/16 - 10/26/16 - 11/26/16   

2017: 1/1/17 - 9/17/17   2018: 1/1/18 - 2/5/18 - 8/13/18 - 11/26/18   2019: 1/7/19   2020: 9/13/20

I miss the Druids. :(

You are welcome back any time you want to do another challenge with us. :)

5.27%
5.27%

16.67%
16.67%

Thanks for fixing the challenge link, Chanda!

No problem. :)

FYI. I am not posting the next mini-quest until I have at least 3 participating druids on the current one! The reaction to this mini-quest clearly shows we Druids need to loosen up a bit... ;)

5.27%
5.27%

16.67%
16.67%

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines