Maledictus: Buck Furpees, Crossfit Detective

Maledictus

So I just discovered that the next challenge starts two days after my Spartan Beast.  Well, if there's no internet points associated with it, I might as well not bother doing it.

yeah right, as if.

Bahahhahahahahahha

There is a Trifecta Medal waiting for you at the finish line.

Current Challenge || Previous:: 2020 Reset

There are a ton of previous challenges that I'm not linking

"Freaking pansies. Go work out!" - The Art of Clineliness

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

Massive head cold. Weather has turned to crap.

Little 10k tomorrow that ill be carrying the water pack and gels around for, just to get used to the weight. Thinking of doing no exercise other than some light running round the block next week, not even any burpees...

Bought 2014 spartan season pass already. Didn't get the Halloween discount on it but given what good value it is anyway not fussed.

At the rate invites/requests to run with people (yeah, me, seriously ) are coming in, it may make sense to get the tough mudder one as well!

Had an email asking me to confirm for the trifecta ... So bloody excited/tense/nervous ... Need to go find something to fight, f*ck, pee on or eat (or is that dogs?)

Dictated over the phone to trained howler monkeys who post it on the Internet for me.

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

100%
100%

100.0%
100.0%
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Also found my old disposable contacts so with luck ill get to see stuff on the beast!

Dictated over the phone to trained howler monkeys who post it on the Internet for me.

100%
100%

100.0%
100.0%
110%
110%

If you've got a massive cold, some light jogging might be about all the body can handle.

Can't wait to see you crush the trifecta! It's gonna be awesome!

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava 

just picked a couple of pints of raw milk from a local dairy, let's see about those magical healing powers :)

100%
100%

100.0%
100.0%
110%
110%

Just off for a quick 10k Wolf Run.  Will let you know how I get on.

Update:

WOW, they have a hard on and a half for mud on this one.  Much more about just running and very little in the way of obstacles.  Did my normal thing at the start, where I had a stitch, every one shot off etc.  then an odd thing happened.  By about 6-7k, I started passing all the people that had passed me.  By 8 I had a big grin on my face and could easily have done another 20k.  Ended up helping people with advice and brute strength on pulling people out of mud pits, over walls, advice on how to handle the top of the cargo net etc.  odd feeling, especially when they were all so much younger than me :).

(or is that :( )

If I NEVER see another stretch of river that requires swimming in sub zero temperatures for more than a dozen yards, I'll die happy.

Knees are glowing a bit so a nice restful week with one 5k around wednesday I think .... then the Beast to come.

The t shirt they give out at the wolf run is storming though :), even my wife likes it.

100%
100%

100.0%
100.0%
110%
110%

Ended up helping people with advice and brute strength on pulling people out of mud pits, over walls, advice on how to handle the top of the cargo net etc.  odd feeling, especially when they were all so much younger than me :).

(or is that :( )

I guess it depends on how YOU feel about it. I'd give it :). But that's just me. Keep teaching those kids a lesson or 5.

Swimming in sub zero temperatures? That doesn't sound pleasant. I wonder what the Beast has in store for you...

Need pics of the shirt!!!

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava 

I guess it depends on how YOU feel about it. I'd give it :). But that's just me. Keep teaching those kids a lesson or 5.

Swimming in sub zero temperatures? That doesn't sound pleasant. I wonder what the Beast has in store for you...

Need pics of the shirt!!!

Yeah!!!

wolf front

wolf back

... while this isn't me and it certainly isn't my time (I wish) it's a great way of seeing the run before I get any pictures through.

other things I just remembered from the weekend.

- the "water" slide that was a couple of hundred feet of PVC sheeting on a steep slope covered in foam.  I went back to do it again :)
- helping a steady stream of runners over a wall to have one stop and tell me how strong I was while feeling my arm up.  I was sufficiently out of it I've only just twigged what that was about :)
- the hilariously macho guy who chickened out of the cargo net, leaving me to talk his girlfriend over, who then spent the next mile flexing at me.  Hi,. not her.
- Cold? Sub zero mud and water alternating for two hours between waist and neck deep.  The search party I sent out for my testicles have yet to report back in.

Was talking to my good friend who does so much exercise and she did a half marathon at the weekend.  Apparently a couple of guys got themselves stretchered off because they couldn't accept a woman had overtaken them and nearly killed themselves trying to rectify this outrage.  PMSL as they say back home.

lady runner

Thinking of buying her this as a leaving present for when she heads back to NZ, assuming the Radiate Athletics stuff doesn't show (& believe me, the way they continually push it back while sending out ridiculously upbeat sappy middle management bullshit, I wouldn't be at all surprised).

100%
100%

100.0%
100.0%
110%
110%

... while this isn't me and it certainly isn't my time (I wish) it's a great way of seeing the run before I get any pictures through.

other things I just remembered from the weekend.

- the "water" slide that was a couple of hundred feet of PVC sheeting on a steep slope covered in foam.  I went back to do it again :)
- helping a steady stream of runners over a wall to have one stop and tell me how strong I was while feeling my arm up.  I was sufficiently out of it I've only just twigged what that was about :)
- the hilariously macho guy who chickened out of the cargo net, leaving me to talk his girlfriend over, who then spent the next mile flexing at me.  Hi,. not her.
- Cold? Sub zero mud and water alternating for two hours between waist and neck deep.  The search party I sent out for my testicles have yet to report back in.

Was talking to my good friend who does so much exercise and she did a half marathon at the weekend.  Apparently a couple of guys got themselves stretchered off because they couldn't accept a woman had overtaken them and nearly killed themselves trying to rectify this outrage.  PMSL as they say back home.

Thinking of buying her this as a leaving present for when she heads back to NZ, assuming the Radiate Athletics stuff doesn't show (& believe me, the way they continually push it back while sending out ridiculously upbeat sappy middle management bullshit, I wouldn't be at all surprised).

That shirt is pretty nice.

You got hit on during a race!  That is hilariously epic.

And, you had a guy attempt to intimidate you by flexing after he pussed out of an obstacle?  Oh god.  How did you resist not talking shit about him to his girlfriend?

I admit to heartily laughing at the loss of your testicles.  I do apologize.  That is no laughing matter.  (Still funny though.)

Radiate Athletics?

That shirt is pretty nice.

You got hit on during a race!  That is hilariously epic.

And, you had a guy attempt to intimidate you by flexing after he pussed out of an obstacle?  Oh god.  How did you resist not talking shit about him to his girlfriend?

I admit to heartily laughing at the loss of your testicles.  I do apologize.  That is no laughing matter.  (Still funny though.)

Radiate Athletics?

a) well, it's been a while, I didn't recognise it for what it was.  I don't think "I know" was the response she was looking for  :)

b] because he may have been scared of heights but he was still friggin' huge

c) a really cool kickstarter company that are selling athletic shirts that change colour according to your body temperature - so it goes from white to tie dye to purple (for example).  kind of like a heat map.  They suck at delivering though.

100%
100%

100.0%
100.0%
110%
110%

That is a way cool shirt (both of them actually).

Kudos to you for manning up and helping others over the wall. And getting hit on while doing it never hurts the ego :D

As far as numnuts is concerned (Mr. Flex, not the subject of your search party), huge or not, it must've been really hard not to talk trash about him.

As far as numnuts is concerned (Mr. Flex, not the subject of your search party), huge or not, it must've been really hard not to talk trash about him.

That's what I was thinking.  I'm quite sure you could have run away just fine.

That's what I was thinking.  I'm quite sure you could have run away just fine.

Oh, I could run away just fine, that's not really in my nature though.  One of the reasons I stopped martial arts was my inability to back down from a fight wasn't a problem back when I was really bad at it and weak.  Coupled with a lot of knowledge on how to hurt people and a complete lack of empathy, not a good mix :).

Hey, Maledictus!

Here's a summary of the things you've done on Fitocracy this week. To start, here are some numbers on your activity:

Points 2,398 
Kilograms Lifted  2,420 
Kilometers traveled 10.2
PRs 2 
Nice, you got 2 PRs! You set a new Personal Record on the following:

Incline Dumbbell Bench Press

Power Clean and Jerk

Meh, race weeks :(

100%
100%

100.0%
100.0%
110%
110%

OH CRAP OH CRAP OH CRAP

http://www.muddyrace.co.uk/news/spartan-race-beast-set-biggest-event-yet/

(Is it wrong that I read 30 kg Atlas stone and thought "is that it?")

SQUEEEEEE

http://youtu.be/qntpd159ddc?t=55s

That's me :)

(Could this post get any more erratic?)

http://youtu.be/1i6a1WgmvRY

I apologise ... It won't happen again. D'oh.

100%
100%

100.0%
100.0%
110%
110%

(Could this post get any more erratic?)

Possibly. But, its so full of awesome that it doesn't matter how erratic it is.

Dude.  You need to stop editing posts after I comment on them - it's a good thing jstanlick commented on the quote - or I would never have seen you in the recap video!  That's awesome.  I thought for sure it would be you in the costume!  

I'm here for you, Ska!

Just got the results of the last body fat %age back - up to 12.86%.  Which is ok, because I was expecting to put some back on while bulking... except I've managed to lose a little weight in those six weeks as well.  I canalso squat/bench/deadlift more than at the start so I declare that a draw, sort of.

A couple of pics from the run last sunday.

wolfrun 1113 sunday 495761

The PVC foam slide down a hill.  I went back a couple of times on this one.  That woman managed to film me most of the way down.  I should have got her number for, you know, the footage :) (seriously, the number of cute women doing this run vs a tough mudder or a spartan >5k was insane, not sure if that's because it's more of a cross country thing or not)

wolfrun 1113 sunday 480587

I love how my body %age puts me in the "athletic" category and yet I still look like a bag of potatoes (my calves/thighs and forearms are mental however)

wolfrun 1113 sunday 468601

Duckface.  Not even once.

100%
100%

100.0%
100.0%
110%
110%

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines