Sunmage becomes a warrior of light

Sunmage

Hey,

Thanks for beeing here. I just completed one year of challenges! Things have improved a lot, but there's way to go!

I will continue my mission.

I have to define this since I do not copy Coelho's idea. But it is a great inspiration.

• I do control my life
  • I know and accept my feelings. I can let go of them.
  • I am one with my nature and can feel when I'm wrong
  • I have my inner voice and I will let it guide my
  • I do trust in the universe(higher beeings...) to protect me and every other being
  • For now I take great care of this body
  • I enjoy life. I can be happy about the little things.
  • I do love and feel pleasure, but I do not spend my days hunting for pleasure
  • If there is a fight I get it done hard, fast and efficient. I do not feel guilty about that. I work on not having to fight permanently.
  • I accept that my intention creates my reality!
  • I also accept that my mind is the one making things appear good or bad.
  • To be continued

How do I create goals from this?

I dont know yet.

My job is expiring end of this month and its not sure I can get it extended for mor than one month due to the financial situation. I work on not worrying and everything, but it is challenging.

For this challenge I will have 3 goals to move towards the light.

1st: Mastery of my mind:

• Meditation and cleaning techniques
  • at least 60 minutes of vipassana a day.
  • 8 hours total a week. I will do Sunyoga, Kunlun, Contemplation and Qigong, too.
  • Measurement: Days and weeks where I did get this. I do count quality time.

2nd: Transformation of the mind
My mind and especially my intention is creating my reality

• Learn to accept and use this
  • Read stuff on Intention(Lynne McTaggart etc)
  • Stop craving things but send wishes to the universe
  • Let go of material desires.
  • Measurement: Any Ideas?

3rd: Living the light:

• Trust my gut
  • Believe in the good
  • Be conscious
  • Live myself not my rational mind
  • Measurement: None.

Level up my life challenge:

• Get a Thesis done during these 6 weeks.

Fate whispers to the warrior: "You cannot withstand the storm."

The warrior whispers back:
 "
I am the storm."

Hey there :) 

Finish a thesis is something I've done during my second challenge, so I'm looking forward to reading about your progress! Other than that I'm not really into meditation and yoga, but I'd like to follow a few fellow druids during this challenge, so why not? 

Good luck!

level 10 wood elf assassin

Intro1st challenge | .... | 6th | 7th | 8th | 9th | 10th | Current @ warriors

Hey there! Hard to measure transformation of the mind I'd say. Writing a diary reflecting upon the day from that viewpoint?

Your challenges are inspiringly metaphysical - could you in general break them down more?

Example: identify cravings to let go of ;-)

I have chosen to believe in myself.

Hey Sunmage (I love your username btw, and also the idea of a 'warrior of light')

I don't know how far you are along the path of giving up cravings and material desires, but I started doing a lot of reading on minimalism last challenge and found it really inspiring!  I liked the 'becoming minimalist' page on facebook so now I get calming daily reading reinforcing the value and virtues of such a lifestyle.  I also have spent quite a bit of time decluttering my flat and it makes me much happier now when I look around and see things that I really like on display.

Write a thesis - wow!  How many words do you have to write in 6 weeks?  And what topic is your thesis? (or subject area?)

Good luck!

Eirlys - Long Time Wood Fairy Druid

Current Challenge: S4 (Sleep, Sugar, Spending, Son)

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

-- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Done is better than perfect

-- Facebook

Congrats on a year of NF! 

I always enjoy reading your challenges. Its all so different from what I usually attempt. Very inspiring!

About measuring goal 2 and possibly 3. I subjected GOOD or NEUTRAL rating at the end of each day could work.... and you set yourself the goal of having more good days than not (or some other number that feels challenging but realistic to you).

Lusitanian Druid, Level 9
STR: 13 | DEX: 15 | STA: 17 | CON: 22 | WIS: 25 | CHA: 25

“We are what we repeatedly do; excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.†- Aristotle

Current Challenge: Living the Good Life II Past: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th,  8th9th, 10th11th, 12th

Goal: 1001 Steps on the Road to a Home -> 18/348 in 2015 

5.27%
5.27%

Goal: loose 9KG in 2015 -> 1.5KG lost 

16.67%
16.67%

Hey there :)

Finish a thesis is something I've done during my second challenge, so I'm looking forward to reading about your progress! Other than that I'm not really into meditation and yoga, but I'd like to follow a few fellow druids during this challenge, so why not? 

Good luck!

Hey,

thanks. I did not meditate enough in the last weeks. It really helps me enjoying life and staying calm. Nearly 2 hours in the car every day are far more healthier if you do not shout & swear half the time ;)

Hey there! Hard to measure transformation of the mind I'd say. Writing a diary reflecting upon the day from that viewpoint?

Your challenges are inspiringly metaphysical - could you in general break them down more?

Example: identify cravings to let go of ;-)

Ohh yes. 1st thing is sweets and sugar. The rest will come somewhen...

Hey Sunmage (I love your username btw, and also the idea of a 'warrior of light')

I don't know how far you are along the path of giving up cravings and material desires, but I started doing a lot of reading on minimalism last challenge and found it really inspiring!  I liked the 'becoming minimalist' page on facebook so now I get calming daily reading reinforcing the value and virtues of such a lifestyle.  I also have spent quite a bit of time decluttering my flat and it makes me much happier now when I look around and see things that I really like on display.

Write a thesis - wow!  How many words do you have to write in 6 weeks?  And what topic is your thesis? (or subject area?)

Good luck!

Thanks!

Its engineering stuff. It will be about 80 pages. 10 of them will be pictures and diagrams, 2 will be java code, so it is doable ;)

I really need to declutter. And I need an own flat again.

Congrats on a year of NF! 

I always enjoy reading your challenges. Its all so different from what I usually attempt. Very inspiring!

About measuring goal 2 and possibly 3. I subjected GOOD or NEUTRAL rating at the end of each day could work.... and you set yourself the goal of having more good days than not (or some other number that feels challenging but realistic to you).

Thanks! Should be the same for you, right? 

That measuring idea is awesome!

Bought!

"
I am the storm."

Day 2 report:

• 1st: Mastery of my mind:
    0 of 2. Nothing done =(
  • 2nd: Transformation of the mind:
    Good: 1 of 2
  • 3rd: Living the light:
    Good 1 of 2

My job got extended! It will be in a different department though =(.

Bedtime. I will get up early to get some meditation done!

"
I am the storm."

Java code eh? Well, as a Java developer/manager I wholeheartedly approve :)

What kind of engineering do you do?

And congrats on the job extension :)

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

-- Facebook

Materials engineering.

My Java code is just reading a table in an array, running some ugly loops and writing down the modified stuff.

I can't even call it real programming ;)

"
I am the storm."

Day 10 report:

• 1st: Mastery of my mind:
    6 of 10.  =(
  • 2nd: Transformation of the mind:
    Good: 9 of 10
  • 3rd: Living the light:
    Good 8 of 10

I started playing Star Wars the old republic.... not good.

Wasted a whole holiday with that amazing game.

I will figure out a way to reduce my screen time again...

Most important: 3 day meditation retreat next week!

"
I am the storm."

3 day meditation retreat sounds exciting (or maybe calming), next week!  Are you going somewhere nice for that?

How's everything coming along?  I hope your thesis is ticking along nicely (ugly code or not ;) )  

I had to study a year of Material & Mineral Science at uni.  Which for all I know could be very different from your materials engineering.  I don't remember much now except birefringence created pretty rainbow patterns, lol :)

-- Facebook

Hey,

it would have been in a vipassana centre. They are free and they are good.

But I got pretty sick and spend the last 3 weeks with a giant Goliathlike  flu.

The rest of this challenge will be to somehow fully recover and write that thesis.

I'm kind of better and can go to  work again soon...

"
I am the storm."

I am still recovering.

I made some awesome experiences with meditation and energy work, but I lacked caring of my body.

Since I didn't do anything while being sick this challenge is an D-.

There is a lot to think about for me and my future, so I will add some answers later...

"
I am the storm."

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines